• Published 16th Jan 2022
  • 964 Views, 263 Comments

Bad Dragon's Short Stories - Bad Dragon



Got a minute? It will take you even less to read one of these unrelated short stories designed for instant reader’s gratification.

  • ...
38
 263
 964

PreviousChapters Next
16 - Undo [2021.10]

“Spike! You put a comma before ‘but’ even though the sentence doesn’t contain a subject. I’d tolerate it if you made such an error when you were a few hundreds of years younger, but you're just as ancient as I am. The populace expects us to set a good example in all our work!”

“I’ll rewrite it, okay? There’s no need for all your twilighting.”

She grabbed the scroll from Spike claws. “You know what? Prevention is better than curative measures. And as a bonus, I get to test this new Heart’s Desire potion I bought.”

“Twilight, I don’t think that’s such a good...”

“I wish to prevent Spike from committing this grammatical mistake!” While pointing a hoof at the comma, Twilight chugged down the potion.

She looked back at the scroll. The text changed. It read: “Dear potion user. Thank you for purchasing our legit product. In order to undo a mistake, simply do everything the same as before up until the point when the mistake occurred. At that juncture, just prevent it. Your trusted Flim&Flam brothers.”

What she heard next, chilled her to the bones. “Now split that dragon egg, filly. We don’t have all day!”

“Whaa…”

“Filly, this isn’t a library. Put down your scroll and demonstrate your magic if you want to pass your kindergarten test. The dragon egg won’t split itself, you know?”

Author's Note:

This story participated in 2021.10 writing competition.

PreviousChapters Next