• Published 16th Jan 2022
  • 964 Views, 263 Comments

Bad Dragon's Short Stories - Bad Dragon



Got a minute? It will take you even less to read one of these unrelated short stories designed for instant reader’s gratification.

  • ...
38
 263
 964

PreviousChapters Next
14 - The Black Temples [2021.08]

Finally, my exploration was at its end. A fitting conclusion to my final Daring Do book, for I have discovered the Great Temples of legends. The black tabernacle in the middle of the Valley of Death was real, and on the horizon, I could see two more. The shul towering before me was riddled with holes. I wondered what natural forces could be at play to produce such wear. I'd geek out even more, but a crack of a pebble behind me shifted my focus.

“Hello,” a pony walking toward me said. "Who in her right mind trespasses our lands willingly?" He had the sun behind him, so I could only see a silhouette, but I was pretty sure I saw a glimpse of wings and a horn.

“I'm Daring Do," I responded. "Exploring is what I do. I thought this place was abandoned.”

Dozens of new winged shapes with horns rose behind the pony.

“Can it be?” I squeaked at the glorious sight and bounced from hoof to hoof, hardly holding back my excitement. "Have I finally found the lost race of Alicorns?"

“Not exactly,” hissed the changeling.

Author's Note:

This story participated in the 2021.08 writing competition.

PreviousChapters Next