• Published 16th Jan 2022
  • 1,006 Views, 263 Comments

Bad Dragon's Short Stories - Bad Dragon



Got a minute? It will take you even less to read one of these unrelated short stories designed for instant reader’s gratification.

  • ...
39
 263
 1,006

PreviousChapters Next
13 - Friendship Is Obligatory [2018.06]

“I heard you started a school of friendship, and I just dropped everything and rushed here to check it out,” Twilight cheered upon her arrival to the hive. “To be honest, you’re the last person I’d expect to do this, but I can already testify to the change. Your changelings actually gave me directions when I neared the hive instead of just trying to capture me like I expected them to.”

“Is it really that hard to believe?” Chrysalis cocked her head. “Hasn’t Thorax told you that friendship can sustain us just as well as love can?”

“Yes, I know all about that. It’s just… It’s quite a transformation for you from how you used to be.”

“Times change, and we have to adapt to them.”

“I’m glad to hear you embraced friendship as your way of life,” Twilight smiled.

"Indeed, I have it all figured out. And this is the time I get to make another friend." Chrysalis lifted a foreleg. “Bump my hoof as the sign of our friendship or else!”

“Or else?” Twilight took a step back. “What do you mean 'or else'?”

Chrysalis looked back at her army of drones. “My friends, we seem to have a defiler in our midst. Bring forth the friendship cocoon.”

“That's not how you make friends, Chrysalis!” Twilight looked around at the changelings who surrounded her.

“You have your methods, and I have mine. I insist that you become friends with me right now! I won’t take no for an answer.” The Queen lit up her horn and approached the princess. “We’ll make you our friend yet!”

Author's Note:

This story participated in the 2018.06 writing competition.

PreviousChapters Next