• Published 24th Jan 2022
  • 2,905 Views, 304 Comments

Godzilla: Equestria's King of Monsters - Microsoft_2016



A collection of chapters of the King Of The Monsters defeating fellow villains within the MLP series.

  • ...
11
 304
 2,905

Chapter 8: Dominance vs. Hatred

It was another beautiful day in the wonderful city of Canterlot and everything was normal as usual. In the castle, Celestia was signing papers that her secretary, Raven Inkwell, gave to her for signing. Suddenly, the door burst open and a guard came running up to Celestia. He told her that he had news from Northern Equestria and Celestia allowed him to continue. The guard took off his helmet and told her that IT has returned. Celestia gasped and looked at guards. She told them to find Princess Cadence and Shining Armor and all of them ran out to go find them. Celestia couldn't believe what was occurring right now. First, she had to deal with the return of her sister, then she had to put up with the release of the Lord of Chaos, next, she encountered a Changeling Queen hell bent on taking over Canterlot, and now, she has to deal with this situation. She picked up the quill and paper and began writing to Twilight saying that she must come to Canterlot immediately.

In Ponyville, Twilight was in a state of panic. She was just minding her own business when she suddenly received a letter from Celestia telling her that she must come to Canterlot ASAP. She running around the library and both her friends and Spike watched her collecting supplies for this trip up to the capital city. Spike had enough of Twilight acting like this and told her to just calm down since it was just a test. Of course, you never tell an academic it's "just a test." That's basically like if you stood on the railroad tracks and asking for a train to run you over. You're basically asking for it at that point. After Spike said that, it went as well as you would expect. Twilight turned around and repeated the words out loud slowly just so that she could understand what Spike was saying.

Spike knew he was in for it now and he was in some deep crap. Twilight yelled at Spike for ever thinking such a thing and how Celestia wanted her to take an exam but Spike told her to calm down because it was just a test. Spike grabbed his military outfit and basically reaffirmed his position. Twilight was furious at this point and she was going to teach Spike a lesson for saying something so stupid. Twilight lit up her horn and levitated the entire library in the air while letting out a loud scream of frustration that all of Ponyville could hear. Back in Canterlot, Celestia and Luna were staring at the latest stained glass window of Godzilla. Oh yeah. Every time Godzilla defeated some sort of creature, they would put it on a stained glass window on display for all to see. It basically became an entire hallway of them and it got renamed to the Godzilla wing.

Luna asked her older sister if she was sure she didn't want her going to the city as well and Celestia said she was positive. Celestia told Luna that Princess Cadence and Shining Armor were already there and that the Mane Six would join them shortly. Luna looked back at the window and told her older sister that the Empire's magic is powerful and it could not fall again. Celestia stared back at the window as well and told Luna that Twilight would succeed at her task and after it's completed, it will prove that she is that much closer to being ready. Twilight cleared her throat and looked at the Royal Sisters with a nervous smile. Luna started walking away and her older sister told her to just trust her. Twilight began walking forward and asked Celestia for confirmation that she was here for a test. She pulled out her bag and told her teacher that she brought her own quills and plenty of paper to show her work.

Unfortunately, the supplies came out of the bag and the paper rolled all the way down to Celestia's hooves. Celestia couldn't believe that Twilight thought she was actually giving her a written test about everything she's ever learned so far. Twilight apologized for the mess and Celestia rolled up the paper and put all the supplies back in the bag. She told her student that this was a different kind of test and informed her that the Crystal Empire had returned. Twilight was left speechless. She had no idea what her teacher meant by the Crystal Empire and she thought she would have some sort of answer to that. She apologized once again to her teacher and told her that she thought she had studied, but none of her books ever mentioned something about a Crystal Empire. Celestia said there wouldn't be and told her student that few ponies ever remember it even existed at all.

She pulled out a crystal from the pedestal and blasted magic with it causing it to form an image of the Crystal Empire. She told her student that even her knowledge of the empire was limited, but what she did know is that it contained a powerful magic. She explained to her student that 3,000 years ago, the black-hearted King Sombra took over the Crystal Empire and Twilight watched as the city turned into dark crystals and saw King Sombra's head at the top of the castle. She witnessed the image of the tyrant standing on the castle balcony watching the city's citizens be chained together like slaves as if it were Ancient Egypt or Civil War Era America. That thought made Twilight's blood boil. She couldn't believe that she had to watch all these innocent citizens be worked to death under King Sombra's tyranny. Celestia further explained that Sombra was eventually overthrown and banished to the unforgiving ice of the Frozen North.

But she said this occurred after Sombra placed a curse on the Empire which caused it to vanish into thin air for 3,000 years. The city finally disappeared and Celestia explained that if the Empire is filled with hope and love, then it would be reflected across all of Equestria. However, if fear and hatred were to take hold, then the same thing would happen. Celestia's eyes turned solid green and she blasted the crystal with dark magic. It formed a shadow that stopped right at Twilight's hooves and created dark crystals to form around her. Twilight felt nervous around this and gave a worried expression. Celestia's eyes turned solid white and she blasted the crystals away with her regular alicorn magic. She flew down to the ground and said that was why she needed Twilight's help with protecting the Empire.

Twilight couldn't believe what she was hearing. Here she was, a regular Unicorn who had saved the world multiple times, was being called upon by the ruler of Equestria to help her protecting an entire Empire in Northern Equestria. She asked Celestia if this was true or not and her teacher told her that it was a different kind of test, but one she believed that Twilight would succeed in. Twilight thought about it for a second and knew that this responsibility rested on her shoulders. She asked Celestia where she could begin and her teacher told her by joining Princess Cadence and Shining Armor in the Crystal Empire. Twilight was intrigued that her brother was in the Empire and Celestia told her that her friends would be joining her in this mission as well.

She also told her that she had every reason to believe that Twilight would succeed at her mission and whenever she did, she would be able to move on to the next level of her studies. Twilight felt pretty hopeful about this, but one quick look at Luna made her cast doubts. She asked her teacher what would happen to her if she failed, but Celestia told her she wouldn't. Twilight didn't exactly like that answer and she asked again, but Celestia told her that she wouldn't. Twilight walked away, but Celestia's voice made her stop. Celestia told Twilight that in the end, she ultimately had to help her brother and Cadence in doing what had to be done to protect the Empire. She asked Twilight if she understood this, and Twilight nodded. Celestia told her student to go and shut the doors. Twilight felt a bit sad by that and she walked away quietly.

Spike was bored out his mind and he simply wanted to go back home and just relax for the rest of the day. He only got half of his wish and he saw Twilight coming down the stairs. He tried guessing what Twilight got on her "test," but she said nothing. Spike eventually asked the million dollar question which was if she failed or not and Twilight stared at him with a sad expression. It was more complicated than what he thought and a short response wouldn't answer everything he had. She couldn't really talk about it, but had to do something else instead. We probably all know what it is.

Once again, I'll let the song speak for itself, but to summarize, she basically sang a song about how she was prepared for something like this, but anything else, she could have done. In fact, she was somehow able to recite the square root of 546 down to the very detail and a math professor was able to keep up with that. She ran to the city's balcony and somehow wished that Godzilla would be able to help her with this issue, but she assumed that he was probably very busy right now and was caught up because of it. For some reason though, Spike had to repeat everything she said in a really cringey way and it would make you cringe really hard. After the song was over, Spike was still confused on what Twilight meant by not being prepared for this, so he asked her what she meant by that. Before Twilight could answer him, her friends showed up and Applejack asked her if she passed.

Pinkie also asked if they were all gonna celebrate her victory with Celestia, but Twilight told her that wouldn't be the case. She told them all that they were headed to the Crystal Empire and they all muttered to themselves in confusion. They had no idea what she was talking about and were curious to see what she meant by that. They got on the train and they headed north to the Crystal Empire. As they were inching closer, they saw they were in the midst of a snowstorm and were worried how far north they really were. Of course, they were right on the edge of the Frozen North, so it was bound to give them some inclement weather on the way to the Crystal Empire. The train finally stopped and all of them couldn't believe how cold and windy it was outside. Well, except for Rarity. She lightly scolded them for making of her for packing so many scarfs, but they made no comment. Spike rolled out with the luggage and said to himself that he didn't say a single word.

Unfortunately for him, he fell and one of the suitcases opened up which caused some of the scarfs to start flying out into the wind. He chased after them and the group suddenly heard a voice. Twilight looked to see who it was and it turned out to be Shining Armor who was wearing some black looking sunglasses and a large black scarf around his neck. He put up his sunglasses and Twilight raced over to hug him. After they broke off the hug, he told the group that they should get moving and there were things out here that you would not want to run into after dark. Fluttershy asked with fear what kind of things and Shining told her that the Empire wasn't the only thing that returned after 3,000 years of disappearance. The group was nervous at that statement and they were all walking through the snowstorm.

Shining told the group that something kept trying to get inside and he thought it was King Sombra who originally cursed the place. Twilight seemed confused by that and told her brother that she and her friends were sent here by Celestia to help them protecting the Empire and if King Sombra couldn't get in, then that obviously meant that the Empire was already protected. They all heard a loud noise in the distance and Fluttershy asked if that was one of things that was mentioned. Shining Armor knew that they either had to get out of there, or be subject to the unforgiving tundra of the Frozen North and a raging Unicorn King who was hell bent on reclaiming what was once his. He told them all they had to get to the Empire now and a black shadow suddenly appeared.

Spike was terrified looking at those green eyes, but Shining picked him up and dipped. All of them were running as fast as they could and Shining Armor stopped to confront Sombra so he could buy more time for the others to get to safety. King Sombra looked at his prey and Shining shot a beam right at him. The beam went right through Sombra and he moved down to get closer to his target. The Mane Six made it inside the Empire and they were all out of breath. Twilight asked the group if they were alright and Shining got thrown into the shield where he lied there on the ground. Twilight looked at his horn and Shining shook his head, basically telling her it was no good. Pinkie was impressed by what she saw at the entrance and they began walking through the city. Rarity however, she was fawning over how beautiful everything looked and was basically on cloud nine.

She said to herself that there were no words, but Applejack told her to focus since they were on a mission to help Twilight, not to admire the scenery. Rainbow walked past and said she didn't see what the big deal was because in her opinion, it looked like another old castle. Rarity couldn't believe what she was hearing. Her friend, just looked at this castle and called it another old castle. It might have been 3,000 years old, but it was gone all that time. So, it still looked the same as it did back then. How could one of her own friends say something like that? Did she not know how much of a state of the art this castle was? Did she think it was terrible because of its age? This was considered blasphemy for Rainbow to say that. She was going to pay the penalty for saying that and she'll be taught a lesson. Rarity attempted to rip into Rainbow for saying such things, but stopped after the pegasus and Applejack started laughing.

Rarity said sarcastically that it was "very funny" and they all walked inside. Cadence felt sad and alone on the throne and just looked down at the floor. Twilight walked up to her and that brought some happiness back to Cadence. They did their dance thing and Cadence winced in pain as the shield disappeared for a second. She told Twilight that at some point, they would have to get together whenever the fate of Equestria wasn't hanging in the balance. Twilight asked Cadence if she was alright and Shining explained that Cadence was using her magic to spread love and light across the city and that what was keeping the Empire protected for now, but it had caused her to have declining health as a result of it. Shining said that he wanted to help his wife, but he couldn't anything since his protection spell was countered by King Sombra. Cadence told her husband that she was fine, but Shining wasn't believing any of that.

He said to Twilight that she was not fine and she couldn't keep this going forever. He also explained that if her magic were to fade, then King Sombra would be waiting right there and move in to invade the Empire so he could reclaim the throne and reestablish his tyranny on the city. Twilight told her brother that was why they were here and Applejack said that was why they were all there. Shining explained that while Cadence was putting all her strength into keeping her protection spell going and him looking out for any signs of trouble in the Frozen North, neither of them were able to get much information from the Crystal Ponies. Rarity got excited at that and she had a huge poop-eating grin on her face while having her mane stretched down really far. After a few seconds, she realized how she acted and recomposed herself. Shining said that he believed that at least somepony out there had to know how to protect the Empire so that they wouldn't have to use Cadence's magic.

Twilight thought about it for a second and said the answer had to have been a research paper. Shining was confused about that and Twilight said to herself this was probably part of Celestia's test. For her to gather information from the citizens and to deliver it to her brother. She voiced how much she loved research papers and Rainbow asked sarcastically who wouldn't love them. Twilight reassured her brother that she was really good at this thing and that she would be able to find something. Long story short, none of them really had any success. The Crystal Ponies couldn't really seem to remember anything and they couldn't imagine that they were gone for so long. Even though the Empire was in its normal state, Sombra's curse kept the ponies from reaching their crystal like status.

All of them regrouped at the bottom of the castle and assessed their losses. The only one that was able to have some sort of success was Applejack. She said that the only thing she was able to get out of them was there was a library nearby. Twilight's eyes lit up and she got excited. She turned around and dashed off faster than a 700hp Lamborghini at the drag strip. They arrived at the library and Twilight was in hog heaven by the amount of books that were in the library. Basically, she was on cloud nine right now. Twilight said to herself that there were no words and there was a clearing of the throat. They turned to find an older pony who appeared to be the librarian and the pony asked if they needed any help. Twilight went over to her and said that they were looking for a book. The librarian said there were plenty of those and Twilight circled in place taking it all in.

Applejack ignored that and told the librarian that they were looking for a history book about how the Empire might have protected itself back in the day. The librarian then thought about it for a second and knew what they were talking about. The group smiled at that statement and the librarian just stood there doing nothing. After a few seconds of awkward silence, Twilight asked where the history section was. The librarian said she couldn't remember where it was or even remember if she worked here or not. Rainbow facehoofed in frustration, but Twilight said it was fine and told the group they would look for it themselves. She thought it would be not too hard to find, but that was basically the lie of the century right there. Twilight circulated through books and grew frustrated at not finding anything. She finally did find something and the group went over to her. The book was titled "The History of The Crystal Empire" and Twilight opened the book to find anything about it. She also hoped it would have the answers they all needed.

Back in the castle, Twilight went to Shining Armor and Cadence and reported her findings. She said that the book mentioned something about a Crystal Fair and the history behind it. The book explained that it was established by the Empire's first queen and it was considered the most important tradition in the city. It also explained that it was held every year and the purpose of it was to renew love and unity in the Empire in order to protect it from outside threats. Twilight told her brother that she and her friends could put it all together since the book explained how to do it and Shining liked the sound of that idea. He looked at his wife and still felt saddened for her. Twilight could see it in his eyes and told him that they would get started right away. She told Spike to follow her and the dragon closed the book. He was about ready to collapse because he had to hold the book up while Twilight read it and it wore out his arms.

As mentioned earlier, I'll let the song speak for itself. But, I'll give you an executive summary. While they were all singing, they put the Fair together and when the song was finally over, everything was ready to go and they could get this thing started. Twilight did one final check of everything and Applejack asked her what this heart shaped looking thing was. Twilight told her that the book mentioned a Crystal Heart being the centerpiece of the fair and she used her magic to cut one out of a crystal block. Applejack told her that she did good work and the group moved on to the next thing which was announcing the fair. Anywho, Pinkie stood on the castle balcony and blew her flugelhorn to announce the Prince and Princesses arrival to the balcony. Twilight attempted to announce to the citizens that the fair was open, but Pinkie continued playing her horn which was very annoying. She eventually stopped and put it away after she received weird looks from Twilight, Shining, and Cadence.

Twilight did a second take on it and announced to the city that the Crystal Fair was being held. The ponies came walking outside after hearing Twilight's voice and soon as she mentioned the words Crystal Fair, all the ponies changed into their crystal forms and began walking towards the downtown area. Both Pinkie and Twilight hoofbumped each other and Applejack basically gave a run down of where everything was at the fair and mentioned that the Crystal Heart was in the back. They all muttered amongst themselves and were confused by what Applejack meant. Rainbow was acting a little too aggressively to one of the ponies and asked her a bunch of questions before the pony finally bailed. Rainbow was really confused on why these ponies were acting so weird and two ponies walked past her.

One of them mentioned that they seeing all of this made them remember things before King Sombra's rule and the other one said she felt the same. After a few seconds, they remembered it was the Crystal Heart and they transformed to their Crystal forms. One of them asked if they really had it and Rainbow came sliding in saying that it would be there. She then asked if you could have a Crystal Fair without the Crystal Heart and a voice said you couldn't. Rainbow turned around to see the librarian there again and the elderly pony suddenly remembered what the purpose the fair was supposed to be. She said to herself that she did work at the library, but that information she gave caused Rainbow and Applejack to worry. They asked the librarian what she meant and she explained to the both of them that King Sombra had said that he had hidden it away and that it would never be seen again. She also said that she hoped it would still be powerful after thousands of years and she went off to get some funnel cake.

Both Applejack and Rainbow panicked and they knew they had a problem on their hooves. Rainbow flew up into the sky and grabbed the flag from the post. She raced to the castle as fast as she could and covered the fake heart with the flag. Twilight was confused on why Rainbow would do that, but the pegasus explained that there was a major problem. Twilight immediately began searching through the book on the balcony and explained to her brother and Cadence that she didn't know there was an actual heart that had to be powered up in order to protect the Empire. She looked through the book and noticed that the last page was torn out which meant King Sombra did something with it to make sure no one would ever go looking for it. Cadence said it was alright, but she fainted and her husband caught her. Her magic went out and Shining looked at his sister with concern. However, they heard a loud noise coming from outside the shield and they noticed that it fell which caused the snowstorm to form around the Empire. King Sombra showed himself once more and grinned in glee.

Meanwhile, deep within the North Celestial Ocean, Godzilla was sleeping in the ocean once more. It had been a few months since he defeated Queen Chrysalis and he's just been napping all this time so he could regain his energy. Anyway, Godzilla felt his scales light up and he growled with a furious anger. He swam up to the surface and blasted his atomic breath in the sky, letting the city of Manehattan know he was awake. He lowered his head back down and began swimming north towards the Crystal Empire as fast as he could. There was a dangerous threat up north and he needed to take care of it ASAP before it caused any more destruction than it already has. It was back to work for the King Of The Monsters.


Back in the Crystal Empire, Sombra smiled at his "kingdom" and Shining warned Twilight that the city was under attack. Shining went over to pick up his wife, after she received his support, she grew confident and raised up the shield once more. Sombra noticed that the shield was being reactivated, so he tried moving in, but the shield cut off his horn and he yelled in pain. Once the spell was complete, Cadence felt sluggish again and Shining had to hold her. Nobody noticed though that piece of Sombra's horn went into the ground and seeped through it as if it were acid burning something. Shining said he had to go find the Crystal Heart, But Twilight told him to stay here and tend to his wife since she needed him. She told him that she'll retrieve the heart and Rainbow followed her.

Twilight told Rainbow that she was trying to figure out how she was supposed to pass Celestia's test and she figured that finding the Crystal Heart was how she was supposed to do it. She also told Rainbow that there was something else she could do. Rainbow told her to name it and Twilight told her to keep the fair going. Rainbow was shocked at that answer and asked Twilight if that was a good idea since King Sombra was invading outside. Twilight explained to her that the whole purpose of the fair was to lift the pony's spirits so they could activate the Crystal Heart. Rainbow didn't see what Twilight was trying to say and asked her to explain it further. Twilight told her that if the Crystal Ponies found out that King Sombra was attempting an invasion right outside, it would do anything but lift their spirits. She said that it wouldn't matter if she found the heart or not. If they are all depressed, then it won't work.

She told Rainbow one last time that they had to keep the fair going so the ponies could be happy and Rainbow took off in understanding. Shining called out Twilight's name and told her to be careful. Twilight told her brother that she would be careful and ran off to find the Crystal Heart. In other news, the Crystal Fair seemed to be going just fine and ponies seemed to regain their crystal forms back. Rainbow went over to Rarity in the arts and crafts booth and told her what was going on. Rarity gasped in horror, but she quickly covered her mouth when the crystal ponies got curious. Rarity looked at them all and said that she found out that they were offering face painting for the little ones. The crystal ponies seemed to buy it and went about their business. Rarity whispered to Spike what Rainbow told her and Spike raced off as fast as he could. The Crystal Ponies got confused again and Rarity said that he really loved getting his face painted.

Twilight was walking down the street trying to think of where the Crystal Heart may be and she looked behind her at the castle. She figured that's where it would be and she smiled at that. However, before she could get moving, Spike came up to her and told her that he was coming with her. Twilight told him that she had to do this on her own, but Spike was undeterred by that. He told her that he knew that and he wouldn't lift a claw to help her. That convinced Twilight to let him join her and she raced off to the castle to find the heart. Spike asked Twilight where they were going and Twilight told him she knew where Sombra would have hidden the heart. Spike seemed confused about it potentially being in the castle, and Twilight explained to him that Sombra would have been counting on the fact that no one would dare looking for the heart in here since they would be too afraid to try.

Spike hoped that Twilight was right and Twilight told him that she thought the same. Applejack sat at where the heart was looking around suspiciously and noticed Rainbow was acting way too aggressive. She spotted a pony walking up to the heart and she scared him into running away. Applejack had to pull her down to tell her that they were supposed to keep ponies away from the heart, but Rainbow didn't understand that. She growled at two other ponies and they disappeared from sight. Applejack told her what she meant was let her deal with crowd control, while Rainbow showed off her jousting moves. Rainbow thought that was a good idea and took off. Applejack waved goodbye to her and Rainbow went to go round up her comrade. Applejack leaned against the heart and a pony walked up to her. Applejack acted casual and asked the pony how she was doing.

The pony responded with that she hadn't felt this great in over 3,000 years and Applejack said that was good. Applejack tried to keep her away from the heart, but the pony (Amber I think it is) was quite curious and really wanted to see it before the ceremony. Applejack pretended to be hot and offered some nectar to her at the cart. Applejack saw another pony that tried peaking inside and she raced over to keep him away from it. She offered him some fritters and he wanted that food. She saw another pony coming and she threw the fritters in the other direction. She told the pony that a jousting match was about to start and the pony went off to attend to it. She looked up above her at the castle and told Twilight to hurry up because these ponies were more curious than a cat.

In the castle, Twilight searched everywhere for the heart, but she couldn't find anything. She then stumbled upon the throne room and looked carefully at the crystal. She then remembered what Celestia had said about the Crystal Empire back in Canterlot and she told Spike that she found the answer. The dragon crashed into her and he asked what it was. Twilight told him this was not King Sombra's castle. Spike seemed confused and asked Twilight if this was the place he lived when he was in power. Twilight told him it was, but the crystal on the throne never looked like that. Twilight then lit up her horn and she blasted dark magic at it which caused the crystal to turn black and it revealed a hidden staircase that goes way down below. Spike was amazed by that and asked Twilight how she was able to do that. Twilight simply told him that was a little trick Celestia taught her.

Spike gulped at how far down it went and Twilight lit her horn as she went down the stairs so she could see where she was going. Spike attempted to go down, but Twilight told him he should stay up here. Spike was relieved he didn't have to go down there and he stayed right by the stairwell. He asked her if she saw anything down there and Twilight told him she couldn't and she had no idea how far it went down. She grabbed a crystal with her magic and threw it down. She couldn't hear anything for a little bit, so she adjusted her ear so she could hear properly and after about 10 seconds, she finally heard a clanging noise. That freaked her out and she asked Spike to look outside to see what was going on. He told her it was not good and it appeared that Cadence's magic was fading faster than before. Twilight knew she had no time to waste and began running down the stairs.

She unfortunately tripped and fell down the rest of the stairs before she stopped herself from hitting the floor with her own magic. Spike asked if she was okay and she told him she was fine. She turned around and smiled to find a door there. She tried opening it with her magic, but the door kept moving away from her. She eventually got so frustrated that she blasted the top of the door with dark magic and got it to open. Twilight felt like she had struck gold and ran off through the door. However, instead of finding the Crystal Heart, she ended up back in Canterlot. She was confused and looked around to see what the deal was. She was horrified when she saw a bunch of dead bodies lying on the ground and severely injured ones as well. She wanted to know what the meaning of this was and she soon heard a loud roar behind her. She turned around to see Godzilla marching through the city, but something felt off about him.

At first, she was really happy to see him, but then she noticed the Kaiju grow angry at her and roared as loud as he could at her. Twilight had no idea what the heck was going on here, but she knew something was wrong. She knew Godzilla would normally not act like this, but something must be controlling him for him to be acting like this. Godzilla roared at her again and blasted his atomic breath at her. She began running away, but there was no way she would be able to outrun the Kaiju. He was clearly much faster than her and could easily catch up to her at any time. She weaved in and out of buildings trying to avoid the atomic breath, but it was difficult doing so since Godzilla had such great aim. She tried jumping from one building to another, but she finally got hit in the back with Godzilla's atomic breath and she fell hard on the ground. Godzilla marched right up to her and roared one last time before burning her alive with his atomic breath.

Spike came running down the stairs shouting Twilight's name and he noticed her staring at the door the entire time. Twilight finally snapped out of it and looked at Spike. Spike explained to her that he tried calling her name multiple times and she wasn't answering, so he got worried and ran down the stairs to find her staring at that door. He asked her why she was staring at the door if there was only a wall behind it and Twilight allowed him to take a peek inside. After a few moments, Twilight shut the door and told Spike that it was King Sombra's dark magic which allowed any creature to see what their worst fear was. In this case, it was Godzilla turning against her for Twilight and being sent away by her for Spike. Speaking of which, Spike told Twilight what he saw and Twilight told him that was a fear that would never come true. She also believed that Godzilla wouldn't turn against her and she blasted the top of the door with her regular unicorn magic which revealed something behind it.

She went inside and sighed inwardly. Spike asked what was on the other side of the door and Twilight told him it was more stairs. Twilight began marching up the stairs and told Spike that it was probably a good idea that he'd come. Spike lit up at the idea and he followed Twilight as they both began their journey up the stairs. On the castle balcony, things weren't looking too good for the royal couple. Cadence was getting weaker by the second and Shining Armor shot daggers at Sombra who was giving evil laughter outside. He regrew his horn back and his influence spread even further throughout the empire. Down below, Rainbow was getting ready for the jousting match against Fluttershy and many of the crystal ponies were shouting Rainbow's name in excitement. Fluttershy, on the other hand, was terrified of this and simply wanted to go back tending to the sheep. Pinkie saw the sky changing colors and knew time was running out, so she grabbed her flugelhorn and sounded off for the match to begin.

To put it simply, Rainbow easily won that match. Ponies cheered in excitement and Rainbow walked over to her defeated opponent with a smile. Fluttershy asked if there was somepony else who could take over jousting duties, but Rainbow was having none of it. She told her that the fate of an entire Empire rested on their hooves and that meant by showing them a good time. Rainbow then begged the question if Fluttershy thought this wasn't considered important to her, but all she got in response was some whimpering from Fluttershy. Rainbow eventually gave in and told her that she'll take it easy on her next time. Fluttershy smiled a bit on that, but Rainbow told her it wouldn't be too easy since she had a reputation to maintain. Fluttershy walked over with a frightened expression on her face and more of the city turned black. Meanwhile, Spike and Twilight were worn out from walking up all those stairs. Twilight was running out of breath while Spike could barely get up the stairs because he was so tired.

Spike then asked Twilight if this was just more of Sombra's magic and that made Twilight think about it. She turned her head upside down for a second and then got an idea. She put Spike on her back and used a spell that would make them fly on the stairs in an upside down position. Spike was confused for a second, but then was holding on for dear life as they were flying through those stairs faster than Rainbow would during a race. Outside, ponies started getting worried at the change of scenery and Rarity was desperately trying to keep them distracted, but she was running out of supplies. Because of that, so many ponies started running over to the Crystal Heart and Applejack had to try to keep them away even though that proved to be a difficult task. Rarity told Applejack that she was running out of supplies at the crafts booth and managed to make a hat out of three pieces of hay and a drinking straw. Applejack told Rarity that they had to keep this going for as long as possible since Cadence didn't look too good and who knows when her magic's gonna fade?

Applejack then reassured Rarity that things were going to be fine because the crystal ponies will power up the crystal heart when the time comes and they won't have to use Cadence's magic to protect them. Both of them noticed Pinkie juggling flugelhorns while standing on a beach ball and they knew something bad was about to happen. Pinkie said she couldn't keep up the charcades forever and then, she stumbled and fell from the beach ball. The ball hit the flag which caused the fake crystal heart to come flying out and land right in front of the crystal ponies. They all knew right away that wasn't the real one and they let Applejack, Rarity, and Pinkie know about that. The three of them knew they were busted at this point and they were all doomed for disaster. They had to come up with an excuse and Rarity said that the real one was being polished to buy them some more time. Applejack said oops and all of the crystal ponies had it finally set in that the tyrant that ruled over them with an iron hoof 3,000 years ago was right outside to do it once again.

Twilight and Spike were almost to the top of the tower and the former said that she studied gravity spells because she thought it was on her test and she felt prepared for this. They finally fell back to the way they were and both of them saw the Crystal Heart right there. Spike encouraged Twilight to go on and she looked at it with awe. It looked so beautiful and she was about to get it so she could save the Crystal Empire and pass Celestia's test. However, as soon as she stepped on the platform, it set off a trigger alarm which warned Sombra outside that someone was trying to get the Crystal Heart. He would not allow that to happen. He was this close to conquering the Empire again and he wasn't about to let some Unicorn stop him from ruling what was rightfully his once more. He lit up his horn and trapped Twilight in dark crystals which prevented her from escaping with the heart.

Twilight tried to grab it, but she was unsuccessful and she was now trapped. She was nervous when she heard Sombra's evil laughter and she began looking for where the heart had dropped. Thankfully, Spike told her that it rolled over to him when she dropped it. Twilight told him not to move and Spike was terrified at all the crystals that popped up around him. She then told him that he could move, but not towards her. He backed up and Twilight tried teleporting out, but Sombra's dark magic forced her back in and she hit the wall. She then scolded herself for being so foolish and letting her eagerness getting the better of her. Spike told her that she had to get out of there and deliver the heart to Princess Cadence. If not, she would fail Celestia's test. Twilight looked around her and saw Sombra's influence already moving in on the Empire. It would only be a matter of time before he got to the crystal ponies, her family, and her friends. She knew she may not have enough time and then she determined Spike had to do it.

She told him he had to be the one to take the Crystal Heart to the fair and Spike was unsure about that. He tried protesting, but Twilight doubled down and told him to go anyway. He sweated nervously and picked up the heart before racing out of there. Down below, the ponies were panicking like crazy and Applejack tried telling them that the real one would be here any second now. Rarity said they may not believe that and Applejack said she might not believe it herself. Cadence's magic finally faded and the shield came down which revealed Sombra. One crystal pony said they couldn't take it anymore and ran away. She unfortunately hit a wall and King Sombra was right there. The pony trembled in fear and Sombra announced to the ponies that he was back once more. Spike tried avoiding the dark crystals, but there were so many of them that it was hard to avoid. Spike told the group down below that he had the crystal heart and Sombra grew angry at that. He wouldn't allow a dragon to get the heart down to the ponies just in time to defeat him. Not on his watch.

He said that was his and he charged towards the castle. Spike came running down and Sombra got angrier and angrier. Eventually, Spike fell and he dropped the crystal heart. Rarity was terrified at what was about to happen. Shining Armor knew he had to do something. Spike was currently free falling with the Crystal Heart and Sombra was closing in him ready to devour the heart the moment he touched it. Cadence saw the luster of the Crystal Heart and she spread out her wings. Sombra regained his pony form and licked his lips at the sight of the Crystal Heart. Spike tried grabbing onto it, but he was simply too far away to grab it. Just as Shining was about to throw Cadence into the air, a blue beam hit Sombra on the chest and knocked him to the ground. Everypony was confused for a second before they heard the Earth shake. They turned around and saw Godzilla marching into the Crystal Empire from the Frozen North. He roared very loudly and looked in all directions to see ponies standing down there watching him.

As he was marching through, it was raining heavily and there was some occasional lightning that went off. Basically, it looked like a microburst was passing through. Sombra growled at his fall and he looked around to see who would dare hit him in the chest. He then saw Godzilla marching right towards him and he seemed a little surprised. He then changed into his shadow form and charged right at Godzilla. Godzilla did the same and charged towards him as well. The Mane Six couldn't believe it. They didn't even think about Godzilla showing up here but they were happy that he was. Just when it looked like all hope was lost, Godzilla came in at the last second and attacked the threat. Speaking of which, he collided with Sombra and they began fighting. Godzilla blasted his atomic breath at Sombra, but he simply dodged it and it went right through him. He tried moving in on Godzilla, but he got too close and Godzilla lifted his head up in the air and blasted him with a very powerful might which stripped Sombra of his shadow form and he fell back onto the ground as a pony.

Sombra tried blasting dark magic at Godzilla, but Godzilla simply swatted the magic away and smacked it in the opposite direction. It hit Sombra and it sent him flying. Godzilla ran over to him and tried biting him, but Sombra got out of the way. Sombra started moving backwards to keep Godzilla away and kicked him and blasted him with magic in hopes that the Kaiju would leave him alone. Unfortunately for him, Godzilla just got ticked off at that and pounced right on him, ripping his armor to shreds and leaving scratches on his coat. Godzilla put his foot down on Sombra and the dark Unicorn king tried to get free of it, but Godzilla's grip was way too strong for him. Sombra summoned dark crystals to jab Godzilla on the side of his face, but that caused Godzilla to roar in pain and he stamped his foot down even harder. Godzilla bent his head down to look at the Unicorn King and Sombra simply grunted in defiance. Godzilla roared at him to submit to him but Sombra roared back at him saying he would do no such thing.

Godzilla seemed impressed that Sombra stood up for himself and got off of him. Of course, Sombra was still really weak at that point, so there was very little he could do at the moment. Godzilla let out some smoke from his snout and turned around to walk away from him. He went over to Spike and pointed his head backwards that basically said "go on." Spike got up and went to pick up the Crystal Heart. He walked over to Cadence and gave it to her. Cadence took the real heart and smashed the fake one with her hooves. She announced to the crowd that the Crystal Heart has returned and told them to use the love and light within them to make sure King Sombra does not. Cadence returned the Crystal Heart to its proper place and all of the crystal ponies returned to their crystal like forms. They all bowed their heads down and a light went throughout the entire street before the entire Empire was lit up.

Sombra tried to get them to stop, but there was nothing he could do at that point. All of that light from the ground came to the Crystal Heart and it spun around, giving everyone in the crowd crystal like forms. It also freed Twilight from all the dark crystals and eventually destroyed Sombra, sending him back to the ether. The castle also sent out northern lights to banish all of the bad weather and it flowed all the way to Canterlot. Celestia and Luna were right there and they knew Twilight had successfully completed her task. Spike felt nervous about what he did and Twilight told him that he did a good job. Life in the Crystal Empire was finally back to the way it was before King Sombra's reign and the Mane Six plus Spike, Cadence, and Shining Armor all took their leave back towards the train station. Rarity commented on how much she missed her crystal like form, but Applejack told her that things were better when they were rarity. Rarity smiled at the joke and Shining told her sister that everything was going to work out.

He also commented on how she's gotta stop saving his rump like this and how it's starting to get embarrassing. Twilight had a sad expression on her face and told her brother that it ultimately wasn't her that saved him in the end but instead it was Godzilla and Spike. Shining reassured her that it was just a test and suggested that Celestia would allow her to retake it. Cadence didn't exactly like that suggestion and the both of them watched as she walked off towards the train sadly. They all made it back to Canterlot and Celestia commented on how beautiful the northern lights looked from the castle. Twilight told her teacher that she wished that she was the one to ultimately do it in the end, but Celestia said that Twilight sent Spike to deliver the Crystal Heart to Cadence because she wasn't sure she could get out in time. She also said that she wasn't willing to risk the future of the citizens of the Crystal Empire in an effort to guarantee her own.

She said that it was far better to have a student who understands the meaning of self sacrifice than to look out for her own self interests. Twilight asked the million dollar question and Celestia gave a simple nod. Spike was freaking out and tried to compose himself, but he was struggling to do so. Twilight opened the door and told her friends that she passed Celestia's test. They were all happy for her and Spike gave her a hug. Even Godzilla gave a small grin. Oh yeah. He traveled all the way from the Crystal Empire to Canterlot because he was concerned about Twilight and wanted to make sure things turned out alright before he headed back to Manehattan. Thankfully for him, it did and it made him glad.

Like I've said, I'll let the song speak for itself, but to give you an executive summary, it's basically reaffirming that Twilight would pass this test with no problem and that her friends had absolute faith in her that she would pass regardless of what she may have thought. They all walked out of the city of Canterlot and got back on the train to Ponyville. As they sang the final verse, Godzilla lifted his head up and let out a loud roar in victory. He marched away and headed back east towards Manehattan. Once again, he defeated another villain and balance was restored in the world. This fight was a little easier, but he could tell that Sombra was trying to establish himself as the King of this world and he simply would not have that. Godzilla is the TRUE king of this world and anyone that tries to take his place will suffer the penalty. He rules over this world and keeps it in order so there will be no chaos amongst the citizens. For now, he can return to his slumber and wait until the next villain calls his attention. Once again, The King Of The Monsters takes down another threat and further cements his legacy as the King of Equestrian Monsters.

Author's Note:

AN: I apologize for this chapter coming out so late. I really wanted it to be finished on Saturday or Sunday, but I lost six hours worth of work on Saturday night because my computer decided to act up, so I had to start over. Plus, I've been busy with schoolwork, so that's kept me from it as well. But now, the chapter is finally out. Hope it was worth the wait. Hope you enjoyed the chapter!

Next Chapter: A shift in power! This chapter will be considered a bonus chapter as there is really no fighting happening, it's just Godzilla feeling a new power rising because Twilight had become an alicorn. He wants to recognize the authority she now has and wants to wish her well on her new journey and the next part of her life. So, expect a lot more heartfelt moments in this one!

Until then, my fellow readers