• Published 12th Jan 2022
  • 672 Views, 19 Comments

Equestria Girls, The New Generation; Locker Gems - TheOneAJ



Izzy’s got something to show her new friends

  • ...
19
 19
 672

Gems

“Ah! I never got to show this with actual friends before!” Izzy Moonbow laughed with excitement as she opened her locker. Her new friends, Sunny Starscout and Pipp Pedals, watched with anticipation.

It had been a few days since Izzy had first come out to Canterlot High as trans, and honestly, it had been a much better experience than she could have ever hoped for. Truthfully, all Izzy wanted was to make it through that day without issue. Ease the school into her transition by assuring everybody that she didn’t want any trouble. Instead, while she had to endure a bit of hell, she now had two of the bestest friends she could have hoped for. Even better, she found she shared two classes with each of them separately, two more with all of them together, and even one with Pipp and her sibling Zipp, as well as Sunny’s friend Hitch. While there were still some issues with less friendly students, Izzy found comfort in Pipp’s ability to make her feel more accepted, Zipp more than willing to ‘talk’ to anyone, and even Hitch, if a bit reluctantly, somewhat had her back. Although it was Sunny’s cheerful demeanor that really broke through to Izzy. Sure, the girl could be a bit much when it came to wanting to ask Izzy what it was like being trans, but she found that to be okay. Even enjoyable at times since she could tell that Sunny really did care for her. It had only been a few days of knowing Sunny and Pipp, she already felt safe enough to truly open up about who she was with a final click of her locker.

Having only been told to meet Izzy by said locker, and that she wanted to show them something, neither Sunny or Pipp were sure what to expect, only that Izzy seemed both nervous, and excited (even willing to let Pipp livestream the whole thing). Looking inside, both took in a breath at what they saw. The locker walls were lined with various paints, crayons, scraps of paper and fabrics, glue sticks, beads, glitter, and yarn. Which wasn’t what caused their jaws to drop. For every other space, we’re a variety of different arts and crafts projects. Drawings of unicorns, mermaids and dragons, some painted, a few made out of macaroni, covered nearly every square inch of free space on the wall. Inside a couple of wall mounted pouches, the pair thought they saw a variety of beanie babies, only upon closer inspection to realize they were handcrafted yarn creations. Some looked like dolls, while others were of horses or unicorns. Hanging by a hook to the center of a locker, a mobile decorator irl hearts and butterflies spun, as upon closer to the floor, Sunny eyed upon what seemed to be some kind of mash of bottles and bells, but upon Sunny touching it, the contraption sputtered to life and began to jingle a familiar tv show tune.

“Did you make all of this?” Sunny asked, speechless as she stared at some of the other various pieces.

“Yup! Isn’t it funky?” Izzy said, a bit of a blush as she twirled her foot. “I mean, er… You girls like it?”

“It, is,” Pipp started, her eyes fixed on the mobile spinning at the top. “Gorgeous!”

“No kidding,” Sunny beamed, pulling out a bead bracelet to look more closely at.

“Gosh,” Izzy smiled. “Oh, wait, wait! Gah! I haven’t shown you the coolest part!” She giggled and leaned in deeper to the locker. “I got a bigger one at home, but, oh,” she laughed loudly. “I’ve never gotten to show it off to actual friends!”

Sunny and Pipp stepped back, and watched in awe as Izzy unfolded an ironing board from her locker. It came all the way out, and in the center, was an enormous flower bud, that with a push of a button, made a musical chime, and opened up to reveal a tea set.

“I’m so glad I decided to livestream this,” Pipp sighed, perking up at all the hearts and comments, not at all bothered by how her stream had a fifty-fifty like to dislike ratio. The fact there were no negative comments told her that the only dislikes were from transphobes who were too much of pussies to say so.

Sunny went to pick up one of the adorable tea cups, when she heard a pair of boys snickering down the hallway, and clearly heard one of the say, “gay,” as the other mouthed, “retard,” and disappeared before they could be confronted.

Sunny guessed that Izzy and Pipp heard it as well, as Izzy’s bubbly nature waved for a moment.

Only for a moment, as she quickly perked herself back up. “I mean, they’re not wrong,” she said, in a much softer tone, as she picked up a crochet unicorn from the locker and began to fidget with it.

Sunny and Pipp looked at each other, a bit unsure of the situation as Pipp started to lower her phone.

“It’s alright,” Izzy assured with a smile as she reached out a hand to move Pipp’s phone up to point directly at her.

“Before I transitioned, crafting things like this was my comfort/coping mechanism.” Izzy scratched the unicorn's chin before chuckling. “Not to say boys can’t do things like this, but, eh, let’s be honest,” she waved at her colorful locker. “This is definitely a lot more ‘girly.’ Yet, it’s what I ended up enjoying, even when people would encourage me to try more ‘manly’ things, this makes me happy, and was what made me truly question my gender to begin with. A few times playing dress up and calling myself a she, and…”

She took in a deep breath and motioned to the skirt she was wearing.

“But now, I can finally be who I want to be without shame,” Izzy said with resolve. “I was content as Issac the guy who liked making crafts, and now, I’m even more happy as Izzy, the girl, who is passionate about these things, and I really don’t care what anyone else thinks!”

“Oh, Izzy!” Sunny beamed, pulling her friend into a hug as Pipp wiped away a tear as the comment section on her phone was going nuts.

“Well there you have it, folks!” Pipp announced. “Always be true to who you are, and you’ll shine like a diamond for sure!”

The bell then rang.

“And that’s it for now,” Pipp spoke to phone, flipping the screen to face her. “But I’m sure we’ll see more of Izzy’s wonderful crafts at my sleepover this weekend, and while I love you lots, I got to go, Pipp Pipp hurray!” She made a peace sign and shut off the stream.

Sunny chuckled at the ridiculous way Pipp closed out her streams as she pulled away from Izzy.

“No joke, though,” Sunny added, hand now on Izzy’s shoulders. “You do good, Izzy, don’t let anyone tell you otherwise.”

“Aw, sucks,” Izzy said, getting all bashful. “You girls are the best- OH WAIT!” she jumped, folding up the ironing board as she rummaged through the locker. “I also made you both friendship bracelets! Hang on..."

“Here we go!” Izzy chimed, pulling out two beaded bracelets. One having a pattern of orange gems, and purple stars, with letters that spelled out, SUNNY<3. The other was a series of pink beads with several musical notes, and the name PIPP spelled out.

“Yee!” Sunny squealed, accepting the gift.

“Cool,” Pipp said, to which Sunny noticed, in a bit more hesitant way. Even frowning before she caught Sunny’s gaze and flipped her smile before she could be asked. “You’re really too kind, dear.”

“Oh no, you both are the bestest friends a girl could ask for!” Izzy radiated, pulling them both into a group hug.

Sunny returned it immediately, but again, noted Pipp’s hesitation.

“Yes, we’ll,” Pipp coughed, pulling out of the hug first. “I, um, must be going to class then.” She picked her back up, waved a, “Toodles!” And took off.

Sunny tilted her head. “Did she seem a bit-

“This was so much fun!” Izzy said, closing her locker. “But I think she had the right idea if we don’t want to be late ourselves.”

“Right, right!” Sunny blinked, putting that thought on hold as she looked down at her new friendship bracelet.

“Here, let me,” Izzy offered, slipping the bracelet onto Sunny’s arm. “There! But really,” she said, as the two started to walk to class. “Thank you. Just for being my friend and accepting at all with what I do.”

“Hey,” Sunny smiled and took Izzy’s hand. “It could be mud wrestling or football, and I’d still be cool with it. You just keep being you, Izzy.”

Izzy’s heart fluttered, as she felt the single most happiest she had ever felt in her life right then.

Period.

Author's Note:

Happy New Years 🎉 figured this would be a better first story of this year than last of the last. Good thing too, as I had the idea of this, and future stories with eqg trans Izzy, planned since the first, but never quite sure on what i wanted to do with this one. I honestly came up with the way fifty percent of this story would play out last week. However, I might wait until the G5 series begins before making more stories. Also, to anyone who wanted to proof read after the last story, I’ll try to make more an effort to ask for your help next time, so comment below if you want to be a pre-reader/editor for next time ^^’
Anyways. it feels good to be back, and I’m hoping you’ll stick around to see what I write next! ❤️

Comments ( 19 )
Kalle #1 · Jan 12th, 2022 · · 10 ·

I made an account after years of lurking just to downvote this story.

The only real complaints I have with this story is that some of the paragraphs were way too long and the crafts description made it hard to tell exactly what had been crafted. The description part could just be my bad perception of descriptions, though.

Also, will this story have a sequel at some point?

Having only been told to meet Izzy by said locker, and that she wanted to show them something, neither Sunny or Pipp were sure what to expect, only that Izzy seemed both nervous, and excited (even willing to let Pipp livestream the whole thing). Looking inside, both took in a breath at what they saw. The locker walls were lined with various paints, crayons, scraps of paper and fabrics, glue sticks, beads, glitter, and yarn. Which wasn’t what caused their jaws to drop. For every other space, we’re a variety of different arts and crafts projects. Drawings of unicorns, mermaids and dragons, some painted, a few made out of macaroni, covered nearly every square inch of free space on the wall. Inside a couple of wall mounted pouches, the pair thought they saw a variety of beanie babies, only upon closer inspection to realize they were handcrafted yarn creations. Some looked like dolls, while others were of horses or unicorns. Hanging by a hook to the center of a locker, a mobile decorator irl hearts and butterflies spun, as upon closer to the floor, Sunny eyed upon what seemed to be some kind of mash of bottles and bells, but upon Sunny touching it, the contraption sputtered to life and began to jingle a familiar tv show tune.

She sure has an impressive collection. :raritystarry:

Sunny and Pipp stepped back, and watched in awe as Izzy unfolded an ironing board from her locker. It came all the way out, and in the center, was an enormous flower bud, that with a push of a button, made a musical chime, and opened up to reveal a tea set.

I have so many questions how she put it in there. :pinkiegasp:

Sunny went to pick up one of the adorable tea cups, when she heard a pair of boys snickering down the hallway, and clearly heard one of the say, “gay,” as the other mouthed, “retard,” and disappeared before they could be confronted.

Rude. 😠

“But now, I can finally be who I want to be without shame,” Izzy said with resolve. “I was happy Issac the guy who liked making crafts, and now, I’m even more happy as Izzy, the girl, who is passionate about these things, and I really don’t care what anyone else thinks!”

That'a girl!

11117588
That’s the plan. This was honestly more a; let’s get something out after me dealing with depression/creators block for months ^^’
But i defiantly want to go over more what you mean by me being bad at descriptions sometime ^^’

11117779
She dose ^.^
Also; magic/pinkie/Izzy logic on how she fit an ironing board in her locker (although some additional logic is it’s more a pull out kind with multiple bends rather than on solid thing you pull down)
Also; THANK YOU WITH HAVING GONE A WHOLE DAY WITH NO COMMENTS AND THEN ONLY GETTING THAT FIRST ONE YOU SEE BELOW QWQ

11118003
It was just hard for me to picture the objects. I feel like the description of the crafts was “fast paced”, if that makes sense.

show them her passion she never would have dared to show off as Issac

International Symposium on Symbolic and Algebraic Computation

11118113
I am saying thank you 😊
Just that this comment was much appreciated after the first one wasn’t so nice 😓

11118071
Maybe 🤔
Humor me with a DM on discord on how you would have written out the scene sometime then 🌟

11118280
oh, I see. Your very welcome. :twilightsmile:

11118249
Actually I just needed any male name that started with an I, and I happen to have a cousin named Issac

11118330
Mine was Éric before being Mia

11118509
Oh neat :)
Kind of do wonder how many trans people try to make their new name somewhat similar to their old, or just try to distance as much as possible

11118818
I think she jest like the sond of her New name
and wanted me to stop making jokes

“I’m so glad I decided to livestream this,” Pipp sighed, perking up at all the hearts and comments, not at all bothered by how her stream had a fifty-fifty like to dislike ratio. The fact there were no negative comments told her that the only dislikes were from transphobes who were too much of pussies to say so.

LGBT themed story comment sections in a nutshell. Quite sad, really.

Login or register to comment