• Published 11th Jan 2022
  • 704 Views, 40 Comments

The Heart's Promise - MyHobby



The Sirens have returned! Equestria has fallen! As Applejack and her allies defend the homefront, Spike and the Cutie Mark Crusaders must travel the world, find the Elements of Harmony, defeat the Unseelie Court, and save everything they love.

  • ...
0
 40
 704

Book One — The Siege of Canterlot

The Third Age, the “Age of Ponies,” is over.

The Fourth Age has begun.

It is the year 1013 CE. It has been five years since an attempt on Princess Celestia’s life damaged her heart. Without the unfathomable power of the alicorn, she is unable to raise the sun or the moon. Soon after, a terrorist attack on Cloudsdale crippled Equestria’s ability to control the weather. Fear grips the nation as a severely-weakened Celestia tries to wrest order from the chaos.

Across the ocean, the griffon kingdom of Felaccia works to unearth an ancient changeling device once used to harness the power of the Celestial Objects. With the help of Queen Chrysalis the Second and her hive, they hope to create a safeguard against the power of the sun and moon being used for destruction. The griffon king, Andean Ursagryph, seeks to reunite with his friend Princess Luna, in order to repair the broken relationship between their countries. Even now, she sails for the Felaccian shore with the Knights of Harmony alongside her.

Princess Twilight Sparkle now struggles with the weight of being the primary bringer of the morning and evening. Between constant attacks from the mysterious Sirens and the growing boldness of the Unseelie Court of Fae, she has found little time to keep up with her own friend group. She worries that without the strong bonds of friendship, the Elements of Harmony might not be enough to save Equestria this time…


Dramatis Personae

The Seekers of Harmony

Spike, assistant to Princess Twilight, librarian (dragon male)

Apple Bloom, farmer, handipony, sister of Applejack (earth pony female)

Scootaloo, local babysitter, part-time farmer, surrogate sister of Rainbow Dash (pegasus female)

Sweetie Belle, seamstress, radio singer, sister of Rarity (unicorn female)

Rumble, pony-at-arms (pegasus male)

Button Mash, cashier, puppeteer, storyteller (earth pony male)


The Bearers of the Elements of Harmony

Twilight Sparkle, Equestrian Princess (alicorn female)

Applejack, farmer, former Mayor of Ponyville, sister of Apple Bloom (earth pony female)

Rainbow Dash, athlete, actress, Captain of the Wonderbolts, surrogate sister of Scootaloo (pegasus female)

Fluttershy, wildlife caretaker (pegasus female)

Rarity, seamstress, entrepreneur, philanthropist, sister of Sweetie Belle (unicorn female)

Pinkie Pie, Official Party Pony, former Vice-Mayor of Ponyville (earth pony female)


Of or Related to Canterlot

Celestia, semi-retired Equestrian High Princess, teacher at Celestia’s School for Gifted Unicorns, sister of Luna (alicorn female)

Luna, Equestrian High Princess, sister of Celestia (alicorn female)

Natter, Equestrian Royal Scheduling Advisor, Sky Wishes’ boyfriend (unicorn male)

Sky Wishes, Canterlot Castle maid, Natter’s girlfriend (pegasus female)

Flower Wishes, Nurse at Canterlot General (earth pony female)

Chrysalis the Tyrant, deceased, Queen of the Changelings, mother of Chrysalis the Second (changeling female)

Abacus Cinch, headmaster of Celestia’s School for Gifted Unicorns, former personal student of Celestia (unicorn female)

Sunburst, professor at Celestia’s School for Gifted Unicorns, former tutor of Flurry Heart (unicorn male)


Of or Related to Felaccia

Andean Ursagryph, King of Felaccia, husband of Fayr (griffon male)

Fayr Ursagryph, deceased, Queen of Felaccia, wife of Andean (griffon female)

Corona Ursagryph, Princess of Felaccia, daughter of Andean and Fayr (griffon female)

Stella Ursagryph, Princess of Felaccia, daughter of Andean and Fayr (griffon female)

Chrysalis the Second (aka. Chrysalis the Last), Queen of the Changelings, daughter of Shining (changeling female)

Mangle, President of Beefland (minotaur male)

Seabreeze, High Pariah of Breezy Bastion (breezie male)

Crested Barbary, Captain of the Blitzwings, brother of Morphnus (griffon male)

Morphnus Barbary, Felaccian Lord, brother of Crested (griffon male)

Bubo Tigris, Felaccian Lord (griffon male)

Aquila Gildwing, Felaccian Lord (griffon male)

Mellori Corvus, Felaccian Chamberlain (griffon male)


Of or Related to the Sparkle Family

Mi Amore Cadenza (aka. Cadence), Equestrian Princess, wife of Shining Armor (alicorn female)

Shining Armor, Equestrian Prince, husband of Cadence, brother of Twilight Sparkle (unicorn male)

Flurry Heart, Equestrian Princess, daughter of Cadence and Shining, personal student of Celestia (alicorn female)

Twilight Amore, Equestrian Princess, daughter of Cadence and Shining (pegasus female)

Silver Lance, Equestrian Prince, son of Cadence and Shining (unicorn male)

Twilight Velvet, former police chief, leader of the Knights of Harmony, mother of Twilight and Shining (unicorn female)

Night Light, astronomy instructor, father of Twilight and Shining (unicorn male)

Sunset Shimmer, alternate-universe inhabitant, schoolteacher, Archmage of Canter City (alicorn female)


Of or Related to the Apple Family

Big Macintosh (aka. Big Mac, aka. Mac), farmer, brother of Applejack and Apple Bloom (earth pony male)

Cheerilee, schoolteacher, wife of Big Macintosh (earth pony female)

Cinnamon Apple, daughter of Big Mac and Cheerilee (earth pony female)

Grand Pear, retired farmer, grandfather of Big Mac, Applejack, and Apple Bloom (earth pony male)

Granny Smith, deceased, farmer, grandmother of Big Mac, Applejack, and Apple Bloom (earth pony female)


Of or Related to the Cake Family

Pound Cake, local baker’s son, twin brother of Pumpkin (pegasus male)

Pumpkin Cake, local miscreant, twin sister of Pound (unicorn female)

Patty Cake, daughter of Carrot and Cup (pegasus female)

Rice Cake, son of Carrot and Cup (unicorn male)

Carrot Cake, local baker, father of Pound, Pumpkin, Patty, and Rice (earth pony male)

Cup Cake, local baker, mother of Pound, Pumpkin, Patty, and Rice (earth pony female)

Discord, former Lord of Chaos, being of thought, friend of Fluttershy and Pumpkin (draconequus male)


Of or Related to the Equestrian Military

Care Carrot, former Captain of Celestia’s Personal Guard, Knight of Harmony—Sentinel (unicorn female)

Martial Paw, former Felaccian soldier, nephew of Andean Ursagryph, Knight of Harmony—History (griffon male)

Blankety Blank (aka. Mandible), former servant of Chrysalis the Tyrant, Knight of Harmony—Secrets (changeling male)

Skyhook, former Captain of Luna’s Personal Guard, Captain of Twilight’s Personal Guard (bat pony male)

Stonewall, Canterlot’s Captain of the Guard, Centurion in the Equestrian Army (pegasus female)

Sturm, personal guard of Celestia (earth pony male)

Drang, personal guard of Celestia (earth pony male)

Coldstone, personal guard of Twilight (crystal pony male)

Snowcap, personal guard of Twilight (unicorn female)

Windblown, personal guard of Twilight (pegasus male)

Time Turner, deceased, Knight of Harmony—Time, husband of Daring Do, mentor of Dinky, (earth pony male)

Daring Do (aka. A.K. Yearling), deceased, Knight of Harmony—History, wife of Time Turner, mentor of Martial Paw, (pegasus female)


Of or Related to Ponyville

Davenport, salesman, entrepreneur, adoptive father of Scootaloo (earth pony male)

Roseluck, gardener, entrepreneur, adoptive mother of Scootaloo (earth pony female)

Pipsqueak (aka. Pip), farmer, Dinky’s fiancé (earth pony male)

Dinky, entrepreneur, clock smith, Pip’s fiancé (unicorn female)

Lickety Split, drifter, Button Mash’s older brother, Scootaloo’s ex-boyfriend (earth pony male)

Peppermint Twist, local candymaker (earth pony female)

Snipsy Snap (aka. Snips), town barber, brother of Lily Longsocks (unicorn male)

Snailsquirm (aka. Snails), construction worker (unicorn male)

Lily Longsocks, local beautician, sister of Snips (earth pony female)

Featherweight, local delivery pony, son of Snowflake (pegasus male)

Bulk Biceps (aka. Snowflake), local weather pony, father of Featherweight (pegasus male)

Thunderlane, local weather pony, brother of Rumble, husband of Cloudkicker (pegasus male)

Cloudkicker, Captain of the Ponyville Weather Brigade, wife of Thunderlane (pegasus female)

Dovetail, daughter of Thunderlane and Cloudkicker, twin sister of Summer Wind (pegasus female)

Summer Wind, daughter of Thunderlane and Cloudkicker, twin sister of Dovetail (pegasus female)

Redheart, nurse at Ponyville General (earth pony female)

Filthy Rich, owner of Barnyard Bargains, father of Diamond Tiara (earth pony male)

Silver Spoon Sr., owner of the Silver Spoon Restaurant, father of Silver Spoon (earth pony male)

Ribbon Wishes, town plumber, Seelie Court Psychopomp (fairy creature disguised as a unicorn female)


Of or Related to the Cauldron

Ember, Dragon Lord (dragon female)

Garble, commander of the dragon army (allegedly), brother of Smolder (dragon male)

Shardscale (aka. Shard), Chronicler of the World, Chronicler of the Dragons (dragon female)

Leviathan (aka. Levi), Librarian of the Cauldron, Keeper of Dragon Knowledge Limited Though it May Be (dragon male)


Of or Related to the Far Side of the World

Smolder, student of friendship, sister of Garble (dragon female)

Sandbar, student of friendship (earth pony male)

Yona, student of friendship (yak female)

Ocellus, student of friendship, former servant of Chrysalis the Tyrant (changeling female)

Silverstream, student of friendship, niece of Novo (hippogriff female)

Gallus, student of friendship, former inhabitant of Griffonstone (griffon male)

Thorax, King of the Changelings, former servant of Chrysalis the Tyrant (changeling male)

Novo, Queen of the Hippogriffs (hippogriff female)

Pharynx, Changeling Captain of the Guard, former servant of Chrysalis the Tyrant (changeling male)


Of or Related to the Founders of Equestria

Starswirl the Bearded, Archmage of Equestria (unicorn male)

Clover the Clever, deceased, Archmage of Equestria, former apprentice of Starswirl, wife of Periwinkle (unicorn female)

Pansy, deceased, Centurian of the Equestrian Army (pegasus male)

Smart Cookie, deceased, Mayor of Ft. Everfree, wife of Gregor, mother of Moshe (earth pony female)

Platinum, deceased, Queen of the Crystal Empire, Princess of Equestria, mother of Periwinkle and Sombra (unicorn female)

Puddinghead, deceased, Mayor of Ft. Everfree, Chancellor of Equestria (earth pony male)

Hurricane, deceased, Commander of the Equestrian Army, assassin, traitor (pegasus female)

Periwinkle (aka. Peri), deceased, Prince of the Crystal Empire, abdicated Prince of Equestria, son of Platinum, husband of Clover (unicorn male)

Gregor, deceased, member of the Leo tribe of Felaccia, founder of Griffonstone, husband of Smart Cookie, father of Moshe (griffon male)

Moshe, deceased, first hippogriff, founder of Mt. Aris, son of Smart Cookie and Gregor (hippogriff male)


Of or Related to the Unseelie Court of Fae

The Master (aka. Lord of the Sky, aka. Ba'al), Lord of the Unseelie Court of Fae (fairy creature)

Jeuk, Princeling of the Unseelie Court of Fae—Equestrian region (fairy creature)

Merimna, apprentice to Jeuk, temporary Princeling of Equestria (fairy creature)

Shadowfright, Princeling of the Unseelie Court of Fae—Unconscious region, leader of the Nightmare Forces (fairy creature)

Bête Noire, Princeling of the Unseelie Court of Fae—Undiscovered West region, temporary leader of the Nightmare Forces (fairy creature)

Bean Sidhe, Princeling of the Unseelie Court of Fae—Frozen North region, leader of the windigoes (fairy creature)

Alazṓn Half-Djinn, Lord of New Babologna (Bæ-bə-LOH-nee), Usurper of Saddle Arabia, (Arabian Horse male)


Of or Related to the Sirens

Merry Mare, Mother of the Sirens, local therapist, once and future Mayor of Ponyville (earth pony female)

Adagio Dazzle, Crone of the Sirens, gemstone carver and enchanter, nuisance (earth pony female)

Silver Spoon, Maiden of the Sirens, owner of the Silver Spoon Restaurant (earth pony female)

Caution Tape, inmate, former Captain of Princess Celestia’s Personal Guard (earth pony male)

Rhombus, inmate, former associate of Dr. Caballeron (pegasus male)

Lacer (aka. Lacer the Displacer), inmate, thug for hire (displacer beast male)

Midnight Sparkle (aka. Dr. Midnight), inmate, alternate-universe Twilight Sparkle, granted Doctorate of Magic at Sombra’s School for Extraordinary Foals (unicorn female)

Scuttlebutt, inmate, cannibal, associate of Merry Mare (wight male)

Aspen, inmate, former advisor to the Lord of Lightning Gale (donkey male)

Sunset Shimmer, former alternate-universe inhabitant, schoolteacher, friend of Adagio Dazzle (unicorn female)

Diamond Tiara, friend of Silver Spoon, daughter of Filthy Rich (earth pony female)

Happy, deceased, son of Merry (earth pony male)