• Published 22nd Feb 2022
  • 1,919 Views, 116 Comments

Flash Sentry Chronicles: The Movie - Banshee531



Equestria's peace is once again threatened when an invading force looking to steal the greatest powers of the kingdom arrives. To stop it, our heroes must rely on friends old and new, trusting that the magic of friendship can see them through.

  • ...
3
 116
 1,919

Chapter 2

All of Canterlot was on edge as the smog shooting sky ship landed. Out of all the party balloons, only a single dog had survived, only to pop when the ship lowered a metal drawbridge. Flash heard somepony behind him scream a name and then yelled no, but kept his attention on the ship.

After a few moments, something stepped out of it. It was...a box with legs. More accurately, it was something around the same size as Spike, maybe a few inches taller, staggering out of the ship carrying a large box with a strange symbol on it. When it reached the bottom, it dropped the box and stepped out from behind it to reveal a gray rat-like creature with a white mohawk that ran from its head all the way down its back. It wore a kind of black armored t-shirt with the same symbol as the box.

"Can we help you?" Grand asked, a little weirded out by the sight of the creature.

The rat touched something on the box and the top opened before extending a telescopic tube that moved up and curved around, the design making them realize it was a speakerphone. The rat pulled a microphone connected to the device out of the side before clearing his voice, some of them flinching at the feedback of the machine. "Ponieth of Equethtria," he spoke with an accent, "We come on behalf of the fearsome, the powerful, the almighty...Thtorm King!"

As he said that, the ship unfurled several banners. Some had the same symbol as the box and shirt, but the biggest showed the image of an ape-like creature with horns wearing a black cape and armor with the symbol on the front. The ponies all started whispering and muttering at the sight as the knights all clenched up into fighting stances.

"And now," the rat continued, "To deliver the evil, evil methage, put your hooveth together for Commander Tempeeeetht!" He gestured to the ship as a pony stepped out of the smoke inside. It was a dark pink unicorn with a pink mane, wearing the same type of armor the Storm King wore in the banners. But there was something not quite right about her, mainly the stump where her horn had once been.

The stump was crackling and sparking with energy, Flash hearing Twilight speak up. "Is that a...unicorn?"

"I think so," Spike nodded, "But what happened to her horn?"

But before anypony could do anything else, two other figures stepped out. One was an earth pony stallion, at least that what they figured since it didn't have wings or a horn. Their entire body was covered in a grayish black body suit that was littered with wires, tubes and pieces of metal. The pony's face was covered by a silver mask, hiding even their mouth, nose and eyes. Eye covers on the mask were bright red while the end of the mouthpiece had a triangular vent-like design. The mask had several wires that connected it to a piece of metal that connected to a large tube coming out of the chin, which was connected to a square control console on the pony's chest.

But it was the second figure that made many of them gasp, especially Flash, Springer, Ruby and Cold. For though he appeared different in design, they could never forget that armor. "Armalum..." Flash whispered at the sight of a pony-shaped figure in black and red armor.

"How's he here?!" Ruby asked, "I thought Faust destroyed him with Shadow!"

"Clearly, he managed to survive," Cold growled, "And it looks like he found somepony new to follow." As he said that, the three alicorn princesses flew down.

"Tempest, is it?" Celestia asked, getting a nod from the lead pony. "How may we help you?"

"Oh, I'm so glad you asked." Tempest smiled, "How about we start with your complete and total surrender?" This statement caused even more murmuring from the pony crowd, the knight running up next to the princesses.

"Hi there," Twilight waved. "Princess of Friendship." She took a deep breath, "Not exactly sure what's going on, but I know we can talk things out."

But then Tempest shined a grin that sent a chill down Flash's spine, "Oh, goody. All four Princesses." She glanced around at this, "My Intel also spoke of two more alicorns." Hearing this caused Heart to step in front of Soul, "Though I heard one's only a baby, so I'll let her go and take the other five." She began to step down the plank. "Here's the deal ladies, I need your magic. Give it up nicely, please, or we'll make it difficult for everyone!"

"And why should we cower before you?" Luna asked, "There's one of you, and hundreds of us."

"I was hoping you'd choose difficult." Tempest replied as a pair of bipedal creatures walked out of the darkness of the ship. They looked just like the Storm King, only bulkier and appeared to lack horns. Instead, they had metal helmets covering their faces as they carried a large shield and spear. A moment later, more ships suddenly appeared out of the darkened sky, all flying above the city and before anypony could think about running, more of the creatures began to rain down.

The heroes gasped and the knights instantly leapt into action, charging at the incoming army. And as the Storm Guards attempted to attack ponies, the knights intercepted them. "Flash Force!" A laser shot down and struck a beast before it could grab a mare, sending it crashing into another.

"Cold Lock!" Cold slammed his hooves into the ground and caused ice to grow, quickly trapping the creatures. He then formed a sword and charged, quickly disarming them before trapping them in ice.

"Gatling Spark!" Lightning roared as he unleashed a barrage of electric bullets, zapping the beasts.

"Iron Lance Fury!" Iron fired several metal projectiles that broke the beasts' armor, slashing through them before one dodged and charged at Iron, only for its foot to suddenly be wrapped up in a chain.

"I don't think so!" Heather yelled before pulling the Storm Guard back and then using her Earth Pony strength, lifted it up before swinging it into some of its teammates.

"Say adios!" Tidal laughed as he unleashed a wave of water, washing several beasts away before Cold froze them with ease.

"Aid Force!" First yelled as he used his magic to power up Ruby, Grand and Skybreaker, the three charging and disarming a full group of beasts.

Springer then used his increased speed to zip around, blasting the Storm Guards with Aura Blasts and disarming them with Bone Breakers. "Is that the best you can do?!"

Tempest frowned at the sight, making her growl, "Annoying Royal Knights."

"Well it's a good thing you've got us here," the suited pony added as he held up a green orb with an hourglass symbol inside it. He tossed it to Armalum, his armor suddenly exploding into a black mist as he caught it, the mist then shooting up and flying around the battlefield. The first one it flew too was Ruby, landing beside her and reforming.

"What are you doing here?" She yelped as she attempted to slash him with her sword, only for her blade to go right through the shadow.

"I am here to claim my vengeance on those that led to my master's death," he stated before thrusting the orb into her chest. She hissed as a mark appeared on her fur, Armalum quickly morphing back into his shadow form and flying off. The next one he flew too was Heather, who he marked within seconds before the earth pony could react.

He did the same to First, Lightning, Iron, Skybreaker and Cold, but when he tried to get Springer, "I don't think so!" He roared, putting up an Aura Guard that the shadow bounced off. Springer then started firing Aura Blasts, the shadow zipping away as it dodged the spheres.

The four princesses watched as the battle unfurled, ready to jump in if things got bad. Luckily, the Royal Knights had everything under control. And as Flash blasted down the thirtieth Storm Beast, Twilight turned to Tempest, "This doesn't need to happen! We can talk this out!"

"I don't think so," Tempest replied as Grand then appeared at her side with his hammer pointed at the mare.

"Grand Force!" He unleashed a tornado of rock and dust, but before it could strike, the masked pony leapt between them and held out his hoof. The tornado struck it and to everypony's horror, the attack was actually sucked into his hoof. "What?!" He yelped as he cut the attack, the remainder of it being absorbed by the pony. In that moment, the shadow appeared behind him and pressed the orb onto his back, smoking away as Grand swung his hammer around to hit him.

Lightning then appeared on the other side of Tempest with his horn crackling with energy, "Lightning Force!" He unleashed the massive thunderbolt, only for the masked pony to run in front of Tempest and hold out a hoof to absorb the attack. "No way!"

"Cold Force!" Cold roared as a tornado of ice and snow exploded out of his horn, only to also be intercepted by the masked pony.

"That's it!" He laughed as the ice and snow were sucked into his body, "Give me all the power you pitiful weaklings can muster!"

"How...is that possible?!" Cold gasped.

"Who are you?" Lightning added, the pony chuckling.

"I...am Void." With that, his body glowed before he pointed a hoof at Grand and Lightning. He also pointed his forehead at Cold and from it, a bolt of lightning shot out and struck the unicorn. At the same time, a tornado of ground and dirt shot out of one hoof and struck Lightning while another tornado of ice flew out and hit Grand.

"GYAH!" They all cried as they were blasted back.

"Grand/Lightning/Cold!" Ponies yelled as they saw this, Rarity running over to Lightning while Skybreaker flew over to Grand, and Heart, who had been protecting Soul, ran over to Cold with his sister behind him. "How the heck did he do that?!" Trixie asked as she and Starlight rushed over to the princesses.

But as she asked this, Tempest took out a black and green orb and threw it into the air, then leapt up and kicked it in Celestia's direction. The alicorn saw this, but before she could try and stop it, Cadance leapt in front of her and formed a shield. The orb struck the shield, but instead of breaking or bouncing off, the orb began to phase through it. "What?!" Was all she could say before the orb struck her body and shattered, unleashing a gas that enveloped the princess of love.

Twilight gasped as Celestia cried out, "Cadance!"

And as the gas began to cover her, everypony gasped as Cadance's body became enveloped in a strange black stone. "I can't...stop it!" were her last words before the stone completely trapped her, morphing the alicorn into a Cadance style statue.

Tempest let out a cackle at this, charging in next as Ruby, Trixie and Starlight got between her and Celestia, Ruby looking ready to gut her after what she did. But as she swung her sword at Tempest, but the unicorn leapt back and then spun to avoid Trixie and Starlight's magic blasts, only to pull out another orb.

"Luna," Celestia turned to her sister, "Quick! Go south beyond the Badlands!" As she said that, Tempest kicked the orb past Ruby. "Seek help from the Queen of the Hippo-" She stopped when the orb struck her, the mist flowing over her and forming the stone cocoon.

Luna gasped, but instantly rushed into action, blasting away several Storm Guards before taking to the air. However, before she could even get twenty feet high, an orb slammed into her. She cried out as her body began to freeze, "LUNA!" Ruby screamed as the statue fell to the earth, barely stopping before it crashed into the ground and shattered thanks to Twilight's magic.

As she did this, Tempest took out another orb, only for a blast of light to strike her. "AUGH!" She yelped as she was knocked back, allowing Twilight to safely put Luna down.

"Flash Cutter!" Several energy blades shot out and struck the surrounding Storm Guards, Grubber barely managing to leap away. "I won't let you get away with what you've done!" Flash yelled as his body began to glow. "You wanna mess with Equestria, then you'll have to go through me. ARMORIZE!" With that, his body exploded into light as the golden armor appeared around him.

Void laughed at the sight as Armalum reappeared besides him, "There it is. The power that will save me."

Armalum then held up a hoof, the armor around his leg reshaping into a crossbow-shape. He pointed it at the light cocoon and fired a bolt, a shadowy mist covering it as it struck the cocoon. "GYAH!" Flash screamed as the light exploded off of him, his armor fading as his clutched the space just below his chest. He fell to his knees and clutched the spot, now feeling the bolt digging into his flesh.

"FLASH!" Twilight ran over him at this, gasping when she saw the veins around the bolt turning black. "What?!" She didn't get the chance to do anything else as Tempest threw another orb at her.

"TWILIGHT!" The orb then exploded and filled the air, Tempest chuckling at the sight as Grubber walked up to her.

"Easy as pie."

"Oh, I love pie," Grubber laughed as the mist faded to reveal a winged figure with a horn. "Oh, you totally got the latht Printheth!" But then the mist fully cleared, revealing that the horn they saw was actually a party hat...that slipped off Derpy's head, the stoned pegasus looking terrified as Tempest frowned and her horn sparked with energy.

"That's not the Princess!"

"What a shame!" She spun around and saw Ruby, Trixie, Starlight, Grand, Cold and Skybreaker all glaring at her. The Storm Guards around her had been completely defeated, leaving her and Grubber alone. "Now," Ruby pointed her sword at her, "Come quietly."

Tempest glared at them, only to notice something behind them. "Oh, I don't think so." The ponies spun around and saw a bunch of Storm Guards carrying a giant dome-shaped machine covered in wires and dials. They put the dome down and as it began to power up, Void leapt onto it and held up a staff. Armalum threw him the orb from before, Void then attaching it to the top of the staff, the claws of the staff wrapping around it as it lit up.

"Sorry knights," he cackled before holding the staff up. "But your time is up!" With that, he thrust the staff into the top of the dome and the energy from it flew into the relic. Void leapt off the dome as the staff lit up, the orb glowing brightly, only for light the burst out as the markings Armalum had placed on the knights glowed. Then, Ruby, Grand, Cold and Skybreaker simply vanished.

"Ruby!" Trixie gasped as the light continued to spread, grabbing Tidal and causing him to vanish. The same happened to First and Heather when the light struck them.

"NO!" Starlight cried before the Storm Guards surrounded the two unicorns, the group trying their best to fight them off as Tempest left to find her prey.


Twilight and Rainbow ran as fast as they could, Twilight carrying a barely conscious Flash on her back. "Over here, y'all!" They heard Applejack yell, seeing her, Rarity, Fluttershy, Pinkie, Spike, the twins and the jakhowls. While they did this, Iron, Lightning, Wild and Script were off fighting the rest of the storm guards.

"We have to get out of here!" Springer added as he cut a Storm Guard's spear in half with a Steel Paw before slashing at it. But as he said that, the light flew towards them.

"What is that?" Iron asked, only for the light to hit him and Lightning...only for both to vanish.

"IRON/LIGHTNING!" They cried in horror, only to see Tempest coming for them next.

She pulled out an orb and threw it towards the youngest of the alicorns, "SOUL!" Mira cried as she quickly shoved Soul to the side, the jakhowl getting hit by the orb instead.

"MIRA!" Soul screamed when she saw her best friend turn to stone, Ace gasping at this before turning to glare at Tempest.

"Ace, no!" Springer yelled, but his ward was already charging at the unicorn with a Steel Paw active. He leapt onto a Storm Guard used it as a springboard, flying over to Tempest.

"RAAAAH!" He roared with his claw pulled back. But Tempest simply smirked before throwing another orb at him, Ace unable to dodge it as it hit him, covering him with mist. Springer's eyes went wide as he saw Ace hit the ground, only to turn to stone as Heart called out to his friend.

And upon seeing this, Springer snapped. His eyes shot open with rage as he fired an Aura Blast at Tempest, a Storm Guard jumping in to block it, only for its shield to explode from the impact. He was sent flying at this, Springer now firing rapid volleys at the beasts, blasting them all away before they could get close. The only one not struck was Tempest, who got closer and closer every second while the group headed for a bridge out of the city.

"She's gonna get us!" Soul cried as they reached the bridge, only for several more Storm Beasts to appear.

They gasped at this, only for Script and Wild to appear, "Go!" Script yelled as he started firing magic at the mare, forcing her to leap back before getting body checked by Wild's puppets. "We'll hold her off!"

"You all gotta get out of here!" Wild added, only to suddenly get tased when Tempest fired a blast of electrical energy out of her horn. "GYAH!"

"Wild!" Pinkie screamed, only for Script to summon a shield from some quick runes, using it to push Tempest back.

"GO!" Script yelled again, Tempest firing an electrical blast that broke through his shield, "AUGH!" He yelped as he fell back, only to fire another blast at her.

"You can't fight her alone!" Rarity gasped, only for more blasts of magic came to suddenly strike the ground around Tempest.

"He won't have to!" Starlight added and she and Trixie galloped up with several Wonderbolts. Soarin flew down and tackled some of the guards as the other bolts charged at the unicorn, whilst Rogue also appeared and unleashed his sonic scream upon them. "Just go!" As she said that, Springer took out the last Storm Guard and the bridge was clear.

"Let's go!" He roared, only to for a certain shadow to appear in front of him before slugging him in the face. "Blugh!" He staggered back as Armalum materialised, Void appearing beside him.

"Springer!" Heart yelped before he flamed up while the others got onto the bridge. "Raaah!" He blasted a stream of fire at them, but Void simply held up a hoof and absorbed it all.

"Pathetic," he spat before launching the flames right back at him, "give up!" Heart held up his hooves, blocking the flames from burning his friends. As this happened, Twilight unloaded Flash onto Applejack and fired a blast of magic, but Armalum's hoof morphed into a shield that deflected the magic, hitting the bridge and causing it to break apart.

They all gasped as the structure collapsed, the group now falling as Starlight, Trixie, Soarin Rogue, and Script saw them crash into the water below. "NO!" Starlight cried before a Storm Guard grabbed her and threw her into a nearby wall. The impact knocked the mare out, a gasp being all she could let out before everything went black.

Down in the water, Twilight gasped as she and the others did their best to fight against the current, only for a splashing sound caught their ears and made them turn to see the waterfall that went over the cliff Canterlot was built on was up ahead, the group grimacing at the sight.

But it was too late. The Mane Seven, Spike, Springer and the twins all screamed as they went over, disappearing in the mist.

The others didn't see this, to focused on fighting off the invaders. But with Starlight and Wild down, Trixie, Soarin, Rogue and Script soon found themselves outnumbered. "Raaah!" Soarin roared as he slammed into a Storm Guard and knocked it over, only for Armalum to appear and body check him. "GYAH!" He cried as he was slammed into a wall, only for Void to unleash a bolt of lightning from his hoof, electrocuting him into unconsciousness.

Trixie, and Script were back to back, their horns glowing as they kept firing at the guards, whilst Rogue took a deep breath and prepared to scream them into oblivion. That is, till Armalum yelled, "Surrender!" They turned to see him standing over Starlight as part of his armor extended a blade that he placed at her throat. The three then saw Soarin and Wild also captured, the Storm Guards holding spears to their necks.

They turned to one another, knowing they could teleport away if they wanted to, but no way to save all their friends. Seeing no other choice, they cut power to their magic and scream before holding up their hooves in surrender. Tempest looked back at the city and saw that the rest of the ponies there had been captured. Canterlot, and by extension the rest of Equestria, was now under the Storm King's control. Now all they needed were the ponies that had escaped.


Many many miles downriver from the waterfall they had plummeted off of, Twilight and her friends pulled themselves out of the water, the group now on the edge of a dark forest. "Everypony okay?" Applejack asked after taking her hat from the river.

Rarity let out a moan, "I think my bottom's on backward." As she said this, a cry of pain made them all turn to Flash. They had dragged him out of the water, pulling him into the shade of a fallen tree, the pegasus looking worse by the second.

"What's wrong with him?" Heart asked as Soul used her healing magic, but it did nothing

"I don't know," the filly replied, "Whatever happened to him, my magic isn't helping."

"Armalum shot him with something," Twilight frowned as she stared at the wound, now seeing the bolt. "This is gonna hurt," he told him before using her magic. The wound glowed as something began to float out of it, Flash crying out until Springer grabbed a twig and put it into his mouth.

He gritted his teeth as the others looked away, his cries making them all flinch until Twilight managed to pull the bolt out. "Gyah!" He screamed, crushing the stick in his mouth as Twilight stared at the piercing.

Soul tried to heal him again, only for the pegasi to glow gold and closed up on its own. "The Sacred Light's healing him."

"No," Twilight shook her head, "It's counteracting this." They looked up and saw the bolt was made of a black rock.

"Corrupted Shadow?" Springer asked as Flash's wound completely vanished. However, the veins around it still stayed black but pulsed gold every few seconds. "How?"

"I don't know," Twilight dropped the bolt and crushed it underhoof. "But they were ready for us. They knew everything we use to defend ourselves and found a way to stop it."

"Iron vanished," Fluttershy whimpered, Rarity's ears falling down as she thought about Lightning.

"Ace..." Heart sighed.

"Mira," Soul looked ready to cry, Twilight now seeing all the depression around her.

"We've gotta send word to the dragons." Flash grumbled as he sat himself up. "The changelings too. They'd wanna come help if they knew we were under attack."

They all nodded and turned to Spike, but the little dragon flinching, "Well...I want to, but I don't have anything to write the message on."

"So we'll find something," Flash staggered, Springer helping him up.

"Whoa there. You just took a serious blow," the jakhowl said, "Best to relax and give yourself time to heal."

"I'll be fine. I've been through worse." Flash moaned as he rubbed the wound, only for his hooves to stagger again.

"No, you're not." Twilight chimed in as she walked over and held up his other side, "We don't need you being reckless right now. Whatever that bolt did to you makes it look like you already have one hoof in the grave!"

"Oh? And what about my other three hooves?" Flash cheekily asked her.

"They're on banana peels." Twilight deadpanned before motioning to Springer to help Flash sit down for a second, "Now relax, meathead."

"But...how are we supposed to relax?!" Heart yelped as the others nodded.

"We just got our cupcakes handed to us by the worst party crashers ever!" Pinkie added.

"We gotta go back there and fight!" Rainbow yelled before Spike shook his head.

"Well, you saw the size of those goons. You seriously wanna go back?"

"Ah," Springer kicked the ground, "this is just great. Discord sure picked a bad time to go on that interdimensional vacation."

"Do you think it'll still work if we call him?" Fluttershy asked, the others turning to her expectantly. If that would work for anypony, it would be Fluttershy. "Discord!" They looked around, praying he would show up. But nothing. "Oh," she shrank down as Applejack sighed.

"So now what? We can't hide here forever. And let's be honest..." She glanced over at Twilight, the princess having left Flash's side to go stare at the water. "We can't go back. Look at what they did to the princesses. We gotta keep them from Twilight and Soul."

The filly shivered, Heart putting his hoof around her as Flash let out a sigh, "Scootaloo...I can't believe we left her." The others grimaced at this, knowing they had all abandoned members of their family who had been at the festival. But before they could say anything else, Twilight spoke up.

"The Queen."

They turned to her, Pinkie exclaiming, "Yeah! The Queen!" But her excitement vanished as she then asked, "Uh, what queen?" Twilight turned back to the city, barely visible from the distance with the smog cloud covering it.

"Celestia told Luna to find the Queen of the...hippos." She turned back to them, "Luna can't, so I have to."

"Uh...hippos?" Rainbow asked, "Seriously?"

"I've heard they're surprisingly graceful for their size," Pinkie giggled, "But they're always hungry."

"Hungry?" Spike gulped.

"Hippos?" Applejack asked, Rarity and Fluttershy exchanging a glance.

"So where do we find them?" Springer added.

"They're somewhere south," Twilight replied, "Past the Badlands."

Fluttershy's eyes went wide at hearing this. "That means we'll have to...leave Equestria. Oh dear!"

"I'm not even packed!" Rarity yelped.

"I understand you're scared," Twilight nodded. "And nopony else has to go. But I have to find this queen. She might be our only hope."

She began to walk away, the others sharing another glance before Rainbow flew in front of the alicorn. "Well, you're not getting all the glory. We're in this together."

"We got your back," Applejack assured her.

"Indeedy!" Pinkie nodded, Rarity stepping up next.

"I am ready to save Equestria!"

"Yay," was Fluttershy's only answer. Twilight smiled and turned to Flash, the knight nodding back.

"I might be injured, but I'm still responsible for keeping you safe." He pushed himself off of Springer and stood strong, "Let's do this!"

"YEAH!" Heart cheered, "We'll show that Storm King why ponies aren't to be messed with! We'll find this hippo queen and make her flatten him!" The others laughed as Soul nodded, putting a wing on her brother's shoulder.

"We lost our home once and couldn't do a thing about it," she turned to the older ponies and showed a determined look. "This time we won't stop until the danger's destroyed!"

"We're all behind you, Twilight." Spike finished, the princess nodding as Pinkie began bouncing off downstream.

"Let's go find this hippo!" She kept going for a few bounces, only to glance back as she saw her friends were still behind her.

"Uh," Spike pointed in the opposite direction, "South?" Pinkie giggled and corrected her direction, the ponies all heading into the dark forest. She started asking if anypony wanted to play I spy, though nopony did.

Twilight and Flash were at the back of the group, Twilight taking one final look at Canterlot. "We'll free them," Flash assured her. "Once we've got the help we need, it'll be our turn to launch a sneak attack." Twilight did a slow nod as Flash added, "Besides, we should try and look on the bright side." Twilight raised an eyebrow at this, "We're lucky Flurry Heart caught that cold when she did. If she hadn't, she and Shining would have been at the festival and..."

"Small miracles," Twilight added as she stared at Flash's wound. "I can't believe Armalum is back...and with Corrupted Shadow."

Springer glanced back at them, "He said he was after revenge for the death of his master. I guess wherever Faust sent the two of them, it was wherever these monsters came from."

"So the Storm King inducted Armalum into his ranks," Flash commented while rubbing the still black wound. "Which is why they designed a counter for my Sacred Light, and how they knew they needed to take out the Royal Knights."

"Fighting this Tempest and her minions is one thing," Twilight continued, "But Armalum and that Void pony might be a different story." She turned to Springer, "Were you able to pick up anything about Void?"

Springer shook his head. "His aura's not one I recognize. But his life force was...weak, as if something's wrong with him."

"Hopefully that's something we can take advantage of," Flash finished, "After we've got reinforcements." They nodded and turned back to the forest ahead. With no idea what lay before them, all they could do was stick together and never stop trying. No matter what, they would save Equestria.

Author's Note:

Well, things sure aren't looking good. Of course the Royal Knights had to be taken out of the picture, given how easily they would have wiped the floor with Tempest and her army. Now our heroes have been determined, so now it's up to them to save the world. If they can.