• ...
 2
 212

Second time's the charm 2

The world turned grey, then exploded into a rainbow of colours. Rarity felt like she was falling, and suddenly the colours turned into visions. Scenes from the past, and the future. She saw herself at Twilight’s coronation, in the Everfree Forest on the way to stop Nightmare Moon, and as a young filly in school.

The visions changed, now showing things that she was certain hadn’t happened. Canterlot in ruins, a black swarm of Changelings above it. A grinning Sombra as Celestia and Luna were executed in front of him. Discord, smirking evilly, a Equestria marred by chaos behind him. Nightmare Moon standing over the broken corpse of her sister. Flurry Heart crying as she hugged Twilight’s dead body.

Then, all the visions vanished, and the Tree of Harmony appeared. The Element of Generosity in it was pulsing brightly, and Rarity felt as if she was being watched and judged for her actions.

A sense of silent approval came from the Tree, along with humour?

Before Rarity could think on that, the Tree disappeared and darkness took its place.

Suddenly, her hooves touched solid ground. She let out a yelp in surprise, which echoed around her. That, combined with the darkness, made her conclude that she was in a cave.

She tried to use her horn, and let out a sigh of relief when diamond-blue light spilled from the top.

‘’You could have just asked me,’’ a voice said.

Rarity whipped her head around, trying to see if anyone else was there.

‘’Down here,’’ the voice said, amusement clear.

Rarity looked down to see her Element gleaming brightly, emitting a faint light. ‘’You’re my Element?’’

‘’Right in one,’’ the voice, now identified as her Element, replied. ‘’That little stunt of yours gave me the ability to speak, as well as be more than something you have to use in tandem with your friends.’’

‘’How?’’ Rarity asked.

‘’No idea, but it works.’’ Her Element gave her the distinct feeling of shrugging.

‘’Right,’’ Rarity muttered. ‘’Let’s see what else there is.’’

A quick glance over her back showed her two saddlebags were still there, which made her sigh in relief again. At least she wasn’t completely out of resources.

‘’You might want to check your appearance,’’ her Element suggested. ‘’Just a hunch.’’

Rarity frowned, before increasing the brightness of her horn’s light. The rough walls of the cave appeared around her. Rarity rummaged in her saddlebags with her telekinesis, before a small mirror floated out. She held it in front of herself and gasped.

Her mane looked like it had when her friends and her had unlocked the Rainbow Power to defeat Tirek. Her face was smoother, her horn had grown longer and curved backwards and her ears had lengthened as well, making her look like a young Mistmane. Looking down, she saw that she was taller as well, and looking at her back, she saw a pair of wings nestled against their signs, while her tail had grown longer and was flowing behind her, same as her mane.

‘’Told you,’’ her Element joked.

‘’Did you have anything to do with this?’’ Rarity asked after a few seconds.

‘’No, I did not,’’ her Element replied. ‘’But if I had to guess, I’d say the Tree was responsible.’’

‘’Why would she do this?’’ Rarity looked down at her Element.

‘’Because she thought it was necessary?’’ her Element suggested. ‘’At least you won’t be mistaken for yourself now.’’

Rarity had to admit that was true. She still had the same eye colour and cutie mark, but if she hid her mark, no one in their right minds would think she was the Rarity of this world. If she even existed.

‘’Alright,’’ she mused aloud, ‘’I need to get out of this cave.’’

‘’That you do.’’

Rarity ignored her Element’s comments. She looked around, searching for any way to determine where an exit could be found.

‘’You could always blast your way out.’’

‘’I’m not-’’ Rarity cut herself off. She was more than powerful enough to blow her way through the rocks up to the surface. Possibly. It depended on how far underground she was.

Author's Note:

There used to be more, which I cut out for a rewrite and then never re-added. Sad.

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment