• Published 23rd Dec 2011
  • 4,197 Views, 266 Comments

Three Equestrians and an Engineer - Greasebrony



A man who copes with the loss of his family befriends 3 strangers after saving them from thugs.

  • ...
12
 266
 4,197

First Night in Ponyville

“I am definitely going to feel that in the morning.” Eduardo lay on his back looking towards the night sky trying to catch his breath. ‘Well, Alison hasn’t lost her touch.’ He grunted as he got on his elbows and look towards the door to find not Alison, but Twilight staring daggers at him. “Twi?”

Twilight angrily stomped towards him maintaining eye contact. When she got close enough she lifted her right hoof and struck him on the left side of his face. “Yes, Twi you stubborn, frustrating, incoherent, brute! How could you leave like that!? You have a pregnant girlfriend and you just run off willy nilly and come back with the mail mare in tow?”

Ditzy’s eyes shot open and she immediately spoke up throwing her hoofs up. “Woah, Twilight you’ve got the wrong idea! He was lost and I was just leading him back!”

“Yeah what she said!” Eduardo spoke.

Alison and Spike stood at the door watching everything unfold.

“Jeez its like no matter where he goes he gets the snot beaten out of him.” Chuckled Spike.

“Well it was either she do it or I kick his butt, and after that little stunt he pulled its fair to say he got what was coming.”

“I wholeheartedly agree. Not too sure how he’s going to handle what she’s got in store though.”

“We’ll see.” Alison said turning back into the library.

As Spike soon followed Alison inside Twilight and Eduardo were still bickering outside.

“I CAN’T BELIEVE YOU LIED TO ME!”

“LIED ABOUT WHAT?”

“ABOUT BRINGING YOUR STUPID GUNS HERE!”

“I DIDN’T BRING THEM SPARKY MY COUSINS DID!”

“OH IS THAT SO!”

“HEY WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING!”

She quickly enveloped her magic around him and dragged him inside the library as Ditzy stood cock eyed wondering what just happened. ‘If I didn’t know any better I’d say those two were brother and sister.’

After forcibly dragging Eduardo in and tied him down against his will, Twilight trotted outside and sweetly spoke to Ditzy with a reassuring smile. “I’m sorry about the misunderstanding earlier, living with him for the past month has been testy.”

Ditzy shook her head out of confusion allowing her eyes to become re aligned. “Oh its no trouble, I don’t want to give off the wrong impression. He just told me about his girlfriend.” She smiled gently. “I don’t think you should be too hard on him though, he was looking forward to telling her how he feels, though I can’t speak for the other part.”

Twilight’s ears drooped back. “Oh? Wow, I thought he was running.”

Ditzy giggled at her statement. “Twilight do you remember how Whoovesies got when I told him I was pregnant with Sparkler?”

“Yeah?”

“And then with Dinky?”

“Oh.”

“My point exactly. I can’t explain it personally but they do come around and if he’s half the, um, what is he again?”

“He’s a human, more specifically a man.”

“Right, well if he’s the man he seems to be, I’m sure everything will be fine.” She said with a confident smile.

‘Oh if only you knew…’ Thought Twilight returning a smile of her own.

“Well I’ve got to get going, Dinky is with Carrot Top and Whoovesies should be home with Sparkler any minute now.” Ditzy said lifting off the ground with a flap of her wings.

“Okay Ditzy, fly safe.”

She watched Ditzy fly back in the direction of her residence. When she was out of sight Twilight returned her attention to the matter at hoof. She trotted inside the library closing the door behind her and taking a deep breath before exhaling letting some of her aggression dissipate. She then turned towards where Alison and Spike were both with amused looks on their faces as they watched Eduardo try to muscle his way out of the chains that binded him to the chair.

“Spike?” She called out.

“Yes Twilight?”

“Please get the bags from the basement would you?” She asked with a smile.

“Will do.” Spike walked through the door leading to the basement and returning a moment later with two large duffle bags and placing them right beside her. Eduardo watched silently as he knew where this was headed.

“Would you care to explain why you brought these with you?” Twilight asked.
He shot her a cocky grin. “I don’t know what you’re talking about.”

She frowned and unzipped the bags pulling out one gun after another with her magic and setting them at his feet. “Cheytac M200 Intervention, Remington 700 VTR, Colt AR15 with a mounted M302 grenade launcher, Mossburg 500 shotgun with muzzlebreak, Benelli M2, and a Keneshlikov?”
“You could just call it an AK sweetie.”

“And that’s just half of the bag, the other one has enough ammo and grenades to be a one man army!”
Eduardo frowned. “Do I need to explain everything I do around you? So I brought a few guns and ammo big deal, its not like anyone else here can use them.”

“That’s not the point Eduardo. You’re not that man anymore and you’ve made it clear that this Cortez guy is something you do not want any part of. Now how about you start showing it by getting rid of these?”

“For the love of God Twilight, not everything to do with guns has to involve shooting someone. Jeez all I wanted to do was practice my sharp shooting and have a little fun!”

“Oh yeah? On what?”

“Oh gee I don’t know um FRUITS? Oh how about THOSE STEEL PLATES I HAVE IN THE TRUCK?”

Twilight then became very aggravated. “Fine, keep your stupid guns. But I promise you this, if anypony and I mean ANYPONY gets hurt you’ll be sorry.” She levitated the bags a couple of inches off the floor and hurled them at Eduardo knocking him on his side. With that she turned and trotted to her room closing the door and shutting the curtains behind her. ‘Is it me or did she give up a little too easily that time.’

Spike started to snicker at Eduardo’s odd position. “So, Eddy-”

“You say anything and the moment I get out of this I’m turning your scaley ass into size 12 boots, a belt and a fedora.”

Alison then decided to take a jab. “I hear this has happened before, the first two you managed to escape. I just want to know how you’re going to pull getting out of this one.”

“Well from what I see I’m stuck on my side with my arms tied down with the rest of me with chains so I only have a couple of options. One, stay here until Twilight decides to let me out. Two, one of you can get those bolt cutters I have in the truck. Or three, I muscle my way out.”

“Of course you would say that.” Alison giggled.

“Okay, okay joking aside. Spike, can you seriously help me out of here? Ali and I need to talk.”

“Sure man, just give me a minute to get the keys to your locks.”

After Spike got the keys from Twilight’s desk, he set Eduardo up right and undid the chains. When he was free from the chair he got up and began to stretch, after a couple of satisfying pops from his joints he looked towards Spike and spoke.

“Thanks dude and don’t worry about the mess, I’ll clean it up once Ali and I get through talking.”

“I’m cool with that.” He pointed towards a door behind him. “Spare bedroom for you two is right there and its got its own bathroom with plenty of reading material in case you guys get bored. Now if you’ll excuse me, I’ve got to hit the sac.” He stretched his arms high making his way towards the bedroom. “Been gone for a month meaning Twilight and myself have a lot of work ahead of us. Night you two, night Owlowisious.”

“Good night Spikey.” Alison smiled.

“Who’s Owlowisious?”

“Who.”

Eduardo looks over his shoulder to see an owl perched on top of the couch staring blankly at him.

“Ah, I take it that’s you?”

“Who.”

“You.”

“Who.”

“You.” His tone becoming more aggressive.

“Who.”

“YOU!” He said angrily pointing a finger.

“Who.”

“Mike Jones.”

“Who.”

“YO- wait, that’s all you say isn’t it.”

“Who.”

“I’ll take that as a yes.”

“Who.”

“Hey, don’t get sassy with me feathers.”

“Who.”

“I’ll pretend you didn’t say that.”

Turning towards Alison he saw her fighting the urge to laugh.

“What?”

“You, just argued with an owl.” Finally giving in she let out a minute of laughter before composing herself again. “Okay, whew, that was good.”

Eduardo gave her a deadpan look. “Glad you enjoyed yourself honey.”

“Baby, it wasn’t like you weren’t asking for it either.”

“Alright can we just drop it and move on?” He gave her a gentle smile. “We have things to talk about.”

“I’d like that.”


It had been half an hour since the altercation downstairs and Twilight was pacing around the room occasionally stopping to stand on the balcony for a few moments. The entire time Spike had been trying to get some shut eye but found himself time and again looking over his shoulder to see Twilight pacing around the room looking towards the floor and mumbling incoherently. Deciding to get to the root of the problem he calls out to her.

“Twilight.”

She doesn’t respond.

“Twi.”

She mumbles louder.

“Hey.”

Still doesn’t respond.

“Equestria to Twilight, come in Twilight.”

She stops for a moment and looks at Spike. She levitates a book from behind him nearly hitting the back of his head and begins reading it.

“TWILIGHT MARIE SPARKLE!”

Twilight lets out a yelp and stands at attention. “IT WASN’T ME DADDY SHINING DID IT I PROMISE!”

She turns around to see Spike pointing at her laughing at her reaction to being called her full name.

She frowns at the dragon. “That wasn’t funny.”

Recovering from his fit of laughter he responds. “Are you kidding? That was great.”

“Ugh! This isn’t the time for jokes!”

He cocks an eyebrow at her. “Whats got your socks in a bunch?”

She curls her lips in and looks at Spike. ‘Should I tell him?’

“Well?”

Well he and the others are going to find out eventually.’

“Are you going to be looking at me like that the whole night? Kinda creepy.”

“Spike, can you keep a secret?” Twilight’s tone becoming serious.

“Yeah?”

“I mean it Spike, you can’t tell a soul.”

“Not even our friends?”

“They’ll find out soon enough, but keep it quiet around the humans.”

“Okay Twilight I promise I won’t tell.”

“Pinkie Promise.”

“Are you seri-”

“Do it.”

Spike did the motions. “Cross my heart, hope to fly, stick a cupcake in my eye.”

Twilight checked outside of the room to see no one was there. Seeing that the door to the guest bedroom closed she trotted back towards Spike and took a deep breath.


Eduardo and Alison were in the dark room in bed, entwined with one another allowing the heat of the moment to take control of their bodies as they kissed passionately. Suddenly a loud thud followed by crash that resembled a breaking lamp had been heard coming from up stairs.

“The hell was that?” Eduardo said pulling up from the kiss.

“Nothing, now shut up and take me you stud.” She wrapped her arm around his neck and forced his lips towards hers and continuing their night of passion.


Spike looked at Twilight as he lay on the floor wide-eyed from the news he just received.

“Are you kidding?!”

“I wish I was.”

“Please tell me the princesses know about this.”

“We all had the same vision.”

“And that’s why they are really here? To keep them out of trouble?”

“For the most part.”

“Well it explains why you let him have his guns back so easily.”

“With the Nightmare on the loose we have to expect anything, if worse comes to worse at least they stand a fighting chance while we gather the elements.”

“But you just said its more than the elements can handle. How will you guys defeat it?”

“I don’t know, that’s what Princess Celestia and Luna are trying to figure out. My job is to inform the rest of the group and keep them in check. They think it’s a vacation but in reality its for their own safety.”

“But why? I get bringing Eddy and Alison but why his cousins and their wives?”

“Actually that was just a lucky coincidence. Apparently we all thought it would be a good idea for Eddy to take a vacation and since he was all for it, here we are.”

Both were silent for a moment before Spike spoke up again. “You know we can’t hide this forever.”

“Well hopefully we figure out a way to handle it before it ever reaches them. The last thing any of us need is that trigger happy man running around shooting everything in sight.”

“That’s a bit excessive.”

“Well whatever, the point is that we have to make them think that this is still a vacation. I’ll write a letter to the others in the morning for them to come over so I can explain the situation.”

“Okay, but what do we do in the meantime?”

“Act natural.” She said with a smile. ‘I wish I didn’t have to keep this from them but at least I have someone to talk to about it.’ “Now I’m going to try and get some sleep. I’m sorry for keeping you up by the way.”

Spike smiled at her. “Its okay Twi, I would probably be reacting the same way. Now lets try to get some sleep. Its been a long day for all of us.”

“Yeah, it has.” She made her way towards the her bed and slid under the sheets and made herself comfortable. After blowing out the candle on her night stand the only light that shined though was the moon through the windows. She heard Spike sitting up on the bed and he spoke.

“Hey, do you hear that?”

“Hear what?” Twilight responded.

“Shh, listen.”

She closed her eyes allowed the room to become deathly silent. After a moment she was hearing a sound but couldn’t make anything of it.

“I hear it too. It sounds like, creaking wood.”

“Makes sense, we live in a tree after all.”

“No, it sounds like there’s a rhythm to it.”

“Yeah, its almost as if-”

Their eyes shot open and they just looked at each other.

“You don’t think…” Began Spike.

“No, no they wouldn’t do that in someone else’s house.”

After a pause Spike replies. “Yeah, you’re right, its probably just our minds playing tricks on us.”

“Exactly, we’ve been away from home for too long and we are just hearing sounds that we’ve never noticed before. It could just be the wind for all we know.”

“Yeah, just the wind.”

They then heard a scream of ecstasy coming from down stairs.

“OH YEAH! JUST LIKE THAT!” A familiar woman’s voice yelled.

Twilight and Spike just sat there frozen looking at each other. It was going to be a long night.


Eduardo and Alison were basking in the afterglow of their special time together. Eduardo lied on his back while Alison lay on top of him, her head on his chest with his arm around her. She reached for his wrist where his watch was, 3:46 A.M.

“Wow, I think that’s a record.”

“What do you mean?”

He looked down to see the moon reflecting off her beautiful brown eyes.

“We were at it for six hours.”

“No way, really?”

“Mhm.” She smiled.

“And to think we broke our previous in another planet. Speaking of breaking I think you broke a rib.”

“Well I know how you like it rough, I just hope we didn’t wake the town up.” She giggled. Her expression turned into concern. “Eddy?”

“Hm?”

“I’m scared.”

He brushed some of her blonde hair out of her face and kissed her forehead. “Me too Ali, But so long as we stick together I know everything will work. For us and our kid” He gave her a reassuring smile.

She smiled warmly and rested the side of her head and reached for his hand, both locking their fingers together. “Eduardo?”

“Yes?”

“I want you to make me a promise.”

“What is it?”

“Promise me you won’t get hurt.”

“I promise.”

She looked up at him. “I mean it Eduardo. I don’t want you to get into anything that will result in hurting you.” She rested her head facing away from him, holding him tight with tears welling in her eyes. “I don’t want to see you in pain anymore. I don’t want to see you suffer anymore. And I never want to see you touch those weapons again. You’ve been through enough and you’ve put me through enough. All I want is for us to be happy and to raise our child. I know life isn’t perfect and we may not live in a utopia but dammit I’m not going to let some prick fuck that up because he’s got a grudge.” She looks back at him tears streaming down her face. “Promise me that no matter what, you will not put yourself in a position where you are going to get hurt.”

He leaned forward and kissed her gently for a moment. He leaned back and looked straight into her eyes. “I promise Alison, I promise that I will no longer put myself in harm’s way because of the past. Its not my fight anymore and I refuse to shed anymore blood. This is a second chance at the life I always wanted. You helped me get that chance and there’s no way I’m going to let it pass me by. I wouldn’t be alive if it wasn’t for you, so the last thing I would ever want is to hurt you and if putting my guns away is all it takes then that’s a price well worth paying.”

They pressed their lips together and allowed themselves to be drowned in the moment before pulling away and staring into each other’s eyes.

“I love you Eduardo.”

“I love you Alison.”