• Published 23rd Jan 2022
  • 2,196 Views, 163 Comments

My Little Pony: The Mobian Era (Season 2) - Mister E-Nonymous



The continuation story of the entire continent containing Equestria and beyond being on Earth, and they go on new adventures with what's left of the Freedom Fighters, since there is no need for them to fight for something they now have.

  • ...
11
 163
 2,196

PreviousChapters Next
Episode 22: The Black Comet Saga (Part 2): Shadow: Friend or Foe?

Episode 22: The Black Comet Saga (Part 2):

Shadow: Friend or Foe?


Moments before the Invasion Started, Shadow the Hedgehog was standing outside of the city, under a tree, thinking about something. That was until a newspaper came in and was blown onto his leg. The newspaper said, "FIRE IN THE SKY FESTIVAL: 52 Year return of the Black Comet." Shadow didn't pay any attention to it because something was on his mind.

"Shadow the Hedgehog... Why does that name haunt me?" Shadow thought to himself. "It's the only thing I can remember. And that gruesome image..." He then cringed his face when he remembered something else.

He was remembering an old memory he lost. In the memory, he was running down the halls of the Space Colony: ARK, holding Maria's hand as the two were being chased by GUN Soldiers. Shadow and Maria manage to get them the slip to most of them, all but one. It was Mister Schmitz, the man who shot Maria, and regretted it in the present. He then aimed his gun at Maria and fired upon her.

"Maria!" Shadow said in the flashback.

Shadow then opened his eyes back to the present. He then said, "Who am I... and why can't I remember anything? And who is this Maria?"

Just then, a dark cloud emerged over him, then spreading over the city. He saw the Black Aliens trashing the place, people screaming.

"Hmm, look how pathetic they are!" Shadow said, starting to turn away. "I don't have time for these humans." He then started to walk away, until something called for him.

"Shadow..."

Shadow turned around to see a small six pointed starfish-like thing floating in front of him. Then the eye in the center of it put out an illusion of a creature.

"As you can see, the day of reckoning will soon be here," the creature said through the projection. "Find the SEVEN Chaos Emeralds and bring them to me as promised."

"Huh? Who are you and how do you know I'm Shadow?" Shadow asked. "And what are you talking about?" The creature didn't answer as the projection faded away and the smaller creature flew away. Then a bunch of explosions went off around Shadow. Shadow then looked towards the city. "Just what was that all about? If he knows the truth about who I am... then like it or not, I have to believe him. The only way I'm going to get the secret of my past is to get those Chaos Emeralds!" He then started running towards the city.



The Freedom Fighters and the Mane 6 walked into one room. Fluttershy was the last one in the room as the door shut behind her. She looked behind in shock, but then she saw that her now shortened mane and tail didn't get caught. She then went towards the table.

"Commander Walters says we can use this room for briefings and resting after what we've been through today," Olive said. "Also, one of the alien corpses is being analyzed as we speak." She typed on a cyber keyboard on the table, showing footage of an alien autopsy.

"All life on Earth, whether it's human, Mobian or Equestrian, is carbon based," Midpoint said. "But not these guys. Whatever these guys are made of... they're not on the periodic table."

"Although, the weapons they have are very unique," Tails said, pulling up a weapon that the black aliens have. "These plasma guns are incredibly dangerous. They cut through armor like it was paper."

"They also vary on size and shape," MC said. "Like that flying dragon-hippo thing. It's so blubbery, nothing can get through the thing's stomach."

Rainbow Dash was laughing and said, "Like when you sprung back into the ground, making a groove in the road."

"Not the time, Rainbow Dash," Sonic said. Just then, there was a knocking on the door. The door opened and in came a GUN Soldier. "What do you want?"

"We have something that you should have," the GUN Soldier responded. Then he showed the group something. More like two somethings.

"Chaos Emeralds," Sonic said. "That should be able to help with our situation."

"So, what are we going to do?" Twilight asked. "We need to find a way to stop these things before they hurt any more people."

"I know what to do," Maria said. "But first, we need to find Shadow."

"Shadow?" Applejack asked. "Why should we find that black hedgehog?"

"Because this was one of the reasons why he was created," Maria responded. "MC, can you find him?"

"It's not going to be easy," MC said. "He's basically the Winter Soldier, between the 2nd and 3rd Captain America movies." He then sighed. "Okay, Shadow, where are you?" He then closed his eyes, and he started searching for Shadow.

"Are you sure this Shadow guy can be trusted?" Sally asked. "What if he's not wanting to listen?"

"He'll listen to me," Maria said. "I just know it."

"Whoa..." MC said. "Okay, I found him. Just not where I was expecting him to be."

"Okay, and where is that?" Sonic asked.

"Prison Island... Or what's left of it," MC said.

"Prison Island?" Sonic asked. "We haven't been there since it blew up. Why would Shadow be there?"

"I sense a Chaos Emerald there," MC said. "And a bunch of Black Aliens. And the Chaotix. They're in need of some help."

"Then we better get there," Twilight said. "And fast."

"You better be careful," Olive said. "Ever since the explosion, there has been toxic waste rivers all around the place."

"Toxic waste?!" Fluttershy asked. "Wouldn't all the animals there be mutated or something?"

"Oh, don't worry, Fluttershy," Olive said. "There weren't any animals on that island before the explosion. Probably just a bunch of birds that were spooked off by the first explosion that day."

Fluttershy then started rubbing her hair, still nervous about her now shortened hair. She was still nervous that her hair was now two-thirds shorter than how it normally was.

"Oh, Fluttershy," Rarity said. "Don't fuss with it, darling. Your new mane cut is beautiful."

"Yeah, don't worry about it," Sonia said, walking up to Fluttershy. "It's really amazing. And I must say, it really brings out your inner beauty as well."

"Oh... r-really?" Fluttershy asked, blushing a little. "You... you really think so?"

"Alright, guys," MC said. "We need to get to Prison Island before those Black Aliens get the Emerald that's located there. Sparkles, Dash, AJ, Sonic, Maria, Bunnie, Antoine, we're all heading there."

"Zis would be one interesting adventure," Antoine said.

"Sure is gonna be a lot different than the last time all o' us were workin' together," Bunnie said.

"You said it, Bunnie," Sonic said. "I just hope that we still got the teamwork."

"No prob, Sonic," Rainbow Dash said. "We got this, together."

"Let's get going," Twilight said. MC then pulled out his Super Warp Ring, and handed it to Twilight.

"You've been to Prison Island before," MC said. "You do the honors." Twilight smiled, took the ring, and then she threw it towards a wall, and the ring turned into a portal. Then Twilight, Rainbow Dash, Applejack, Sonic, Maria, Bunnie, Antoine and MC went through the portal, and it closed up behind them.

"Good luck, guys," Sally said.



On Prison Island, there were a bunch of Black Aliens, destroying a bunch of stuff that haven't been destroyed in the explosion. The Chaotix were there, trying to keep the aliens away from the Chaos Emerald.

"These guys won't let up even a bit," Espio said.

"There's so many of them!" Charmy nearly shouted.

"Don't light up," Vector said. "We need to keep these things from reaching the Chaos Emerald." Just then, a ring portal opened up and coming out of it was Sonic, Maria, Bunnie, Antoine, MC, Twilight, Rainbow Dash and Applejack. "About time backup has arrived."

"These things are everywhere," MC said. "Sonic, get the Emerald!"

"On it," Sonic said, rushing towards somewhere, and came back instantly. "That was easy." He then held out the Chaos Emerald.

"Boy, sure is a beaut, sugarhog," Bunnie said.

"Hang on," MC said. He then went to his golden aura eyes. He then said, "There's another one on this island. Center area."

"Sacré bleu!" Antoine said. "Zat's gonna be a run."

"Let's move it," Twilight said. She then looked towards the Chaotix. "You three wanna join us?"

"You payin'?" Vector asked.

"If the aliens win, then they'll be no more clients to hire you three," Twilight said.

"She has a point," Espio said. "If the aliens kill everyone, who would hire us?"

"Fine," Vector said. "Move out." Then the group started running towards the center of the island. But then they stopped when they saw something. More like someone.

"Shadow?" Sonic asked.

"Shadow, it's you!" Maria said.

Shadow turned towards the group and frowned. He walked towards Maria and asked, "I need to know. Who are you? Really?"

"Shadow..." Maria said. "I need you to listen to me. I know the real reason why you were created. The meaning of your existence in this world. "

"You're not the first one to tell me that," Shadow replied, making Maria gasp.

"No..." Maria said, shock in her eyes. "You... you didn't run into Black Doom's eye, have you?"

"Black Doom?" MC and Sonic asked.

"Who's Black Doom?" Twilight asked.

"He's the leader of the Black Arms, the Black Aliens who are invading the planet," Maria said. "He'll stop at nothing until all life on Earth is destroyed."

"Why are they interested in Shadow?" Rainbow Dash asked.

"If they are wantin' him fer the power he has, than we're in trouble," Applejack said.

"Black Doom says he has all the answers," Shadow said. "I have no choice but to do what he says. He'll tell me why I was created."

"No... he won't," Maria said. "He just wants to use you to get what he wants. To destroy the world." Shadow then picked up a gun, that was on the ground and aimed it at Maria's head.

"NO!!" MC shouted. Shadow was about to squeeze the trigger, but he couldn't.

"Why... why isn't this...?" Shadow asked. "Is it... jammed?" MC then pulled the gun out of Shadow's hand and checked it.

"Huh, that's weird," MC said. "Not jammed." He then aimed it upward and fired it, making Maria shake a little in fear. "Sorry. Forgot about your... incident."

"Still not used to those kind of guns," Maria said. "After all, I almost died 50 years ago."

"What?" Shadow asked. He then got a good look at Maria. "Who are you? Really?"

"My name... is Maria Robotnik," Maria answered. "You were my best friend back on Space Colony ARK. We used to look upon the Earth from up there, to wonder how it was like. To see all of the beautiful things there. Shadow... you helped me through rough times."

Shadow put his hands to his head, groaning. He then remembered the girl from the visions he had. He then looked at Maria, seeing the comparisons.

"You..." Shadow said. "You're..."

"Shadow..." Maria said. "Do you..."

"I... I still don't remember much," Shadow said. "But... if you have the real answers to my past, then... I must learn the truth." He then groaned. "But... if Black Doom is planning to use me..."

"Then we better keep the Chaos Emeralds out of his hands, claws, tentacles or whatever he has," MC said.

"Indeed," Espio said. "If Black Doom wants to destroy Earth's inhabitants, then we must stop him and his army before they gain too much power. Who knows how they'll conquer the world?"

"Let's move it," Twilight said. Then they all started running towards where the other Chaos Emerald is. As they were, Shadow and Maria were keeping a steady pace.

"You and I were best friends up there, a long time ago?" Shadow asked.

"You were basically the only one I could talk to," Maria said. "Grandfather and all the scientists there were always busy, trying to find a way to cure the disease I had, and you wanted to protect me from any bad thing that was happening. Especially all the Artificial Chaos that was getting loose all over the ARK."

"Maria, you destroyed the last of those things when we went up to get you," MC said.

"That was the most amazin' thing Ah've ever saw," Bunnie said.

"Well, she does have all of Shadow's powers now," Twilight said. "I'd be surprised if Shadow and Maria team up against Black Doom."

"That is if he shows his ugly mug down here," Vector said.

"Then we must get going," Sonic said. "It's a race to get all the Emeralds. Let's do this." Then they all continued down the path, a faster pace than how they were going before.



The heroes went towards one part of the island and saw a small lake on the island with a smaller island in the middle of it. And there on the island was another Chaos Emerald.

"There it is," Twilight said. She then used her magic to teleport the group towards the Emerald. Right as they were about to get it, Doom's eye appeared, floating in front of the heroes.

"What are you doing, Shadow?!" came Black Doom's voice from the eye.

"What the heck?!" Twilight asked.

"What is that thing?" MC asked.

"It's the thing that Black Doom can contact us without leaving the Comet," Maria said. "That's Black Doom's Eye."

"That voice..." came Black Doom's voice from the eye. "I don't believe it even if I see it in person. Maria Robotnik. You're alive... as a hedgehog."

"No thanks to your evil scheme," Maria said. "You shouldn't have come back, Doom."

"Oh, but I must," came Black Doom's voice. "You see, Shadow is needed for the ritual."

"Ritual?" Sonic asked.

"What ritual?" Shadow asked.

"All will be revealed... tomorrow," Black Doom said through the eye. "But... only Shadow will be leaving here... alive. Black Bull... I summon you!" Then from the water, a flying creature appeared. It was the same creature that was sent flying from the city by MC.

"Oh, crud, not this guy again," MC said.

The creature, now known as Black Bull, roared at the heroes. Black Doom's voice came from the floating eye as it said, "Shadow, continue bringing me the Chaos Emeralds for our ritual." It then floated off.

"We cannot let him get away with this," Rainbow Dash said.

"We'll get him later," MC said. "Right now, we need to take this flying hippo down once and for all."

"Shadow," Maria said, looking towards the Black Hedgehog. "I know you can do this. Do it... save the world... for me." Shadow was a little shocked at Maria, begging him to save the world. He then clenched his fist.

"I will... Maria," Shadow said. He then charged at Black Bull, heading towards its skull. Shadow punched its skull, making it roar out in pain. Shadow looked towards the heroes and called out, "Get the Emerald!"

Bunnie used her extending robot arm to grab the Emerald. She then brought it back and gave it to MC. She then said, "And with that, that makes four."

"Great," Sonic said. "Right now, we have to deal with this guy." Just then, Black Bull shot a fireball towards the heroes, making the heroes jump out of the way.

"We just have to hit it in the eye, right?" Rainbow Dash asked. "Piece of cake."

"Not really," Espio said. "Even if we get close to it, we just might end up in its stomach."

"Boy, he must've ate a lot to be that big and bloated," Charmy said.

"So, what are we gonna do?" Vector asked.

"The best way to take something like that down is from a distance," MC said. "Get some weapons or... Oh, wait, never mind." MC noticed that Shadow was striking Black Bull's eye incredibly fast.

"Whoa," Sonic said as he and the others were watching Shadow fight. "He's doing better than I thought."

"Pretty soon, if he sticks close to Maria, he might get all of his memories back," MC said.

"Hopefully, he'll remember the real reason why he was created," Twilight said. "Not for destroying the world."

"But saving it," MC said. "Let's take that thing down, then we'll go after Black Doom."

"You know it," Sonic said. Then the heroes put their hands in.

"Antoine," MC said. "Give me your sword."

"My sword?!" Antoine asked. "My father's sword?! Are you mad?!"

"Not exactly," MC said. He then grabbed Antoine's sword from his scabbard. "Hey, Shadow!" That made Shadow looked towards the group. "Try using this!" MC then tossed Antoine's Sword towards Shadow, who caught it.

"Oh, yes," Shadow said. "This'll do nicely." He then looked towards Black Bull, who roared at the Black Hedgehog. "I might not remember my whole story, but I truly am the Ultimate Life Form, Shadow the Hedgehog." Shadow then charged towards Black Bull, who opened his mouth to try and swallow Shadow whole, but Shadow stabbed Black Bull in the eye, making it roar out in pain. Then Black Bull fell to the ground, Shadow coming off of it with the eye of Black Bull stuck to Antoine's sword. "Sorry about that." Shadow then handed Antoine back his sword.

"Sacré bleu," Antoine said. "This iz gonna take a while to clean up." He then started shaking the eye off the sword.

"Sure was one heck of a battle," Sonic said. "And thanks to Shadow, we won."

"The battle might have been won, but we're still at war with the Black Aliens," MC said. "And we still don't understand what this ritual is, or what it has to do with the Chaos Emeralds."

"Well, we can't let them win," Twilight said. "Let's get back to the base." She then looked towards Shadow. "Are you with us, Shadow?"

Shadow looked towards the group with confusion. He then said, "If it means getting all my memories from someone who really knows me, I'll join. As long as the humans there don't attack me for some bad things I've done in the past." Then the group got together.

Twilight then lit up her horn, and all of them vanished from the spot.

The group later reappeared in the room where the other Freedom Fighters, Fluttershy, Pinkie Pie and Rarity were all standing.

"So, you brought some back up," Sally said.

"We also got the Chaos Emeralds there," Sonic said, holding out the red and gray emeralds.

"Okay, that's good," Midpoint said. "But there's more important things." Midpoint then started typing on the computer. "The Black Arms are already taking cities all over the world. New York, Las Vegas, London, Paris, Hong Kong, Tokyo, even Equestrian Cities."

"They've made it to Equestria?!" Twilight asked.

"Yes," Midpoint said. "Your brother is doing his best to get the aliens away from innocent ponies there."

"So, what's the plan?" Manic asked.

"Do you even have a plan, Michael?" Sally asked, taunting MC.

"Not cool, Sally," MC said. He then sighed. "We're gonna need a lot of help."

Author's Note:

Next Episode:
The Black Comet Saga (Part 3): The Shadow Androids

PreviousChapters Next