• Published 26th Dec 2021
  • 780 Views, 4 Comments

The Meaning of Love - TheJackOfTales



Twilight Sparkle and Princess Luna discover what their ideas of love are to mend their relationship

  • ...
4
 4
 780

Twilight and Luna's Love

"Twilight" Luna said.

"Luna" Twilight replied.

The tension in the air was palpable. Although Luna was debatably the one more caught off guard, neither of them felt as though they had the upper hand to begin the conversation. Mentally, they paced around one another, each gauging the distance before they felt ready to strike. Twilight crossed the bridge first, landing a surprise attack on Luna in only three words.

"I love you" said Twilight, a few tears of joy flowing down her face rather than sadness. "I...I love you in the way I love Cadence and Shining Armor. I love you like I love my mother like Celestia loves all of us, and how I love Princess Luna, my first and likely last romantic partner. Every moment, I think about you, and every day, I try to understand both you and myself more so that there is only the best for you." Twilight finished, speaking quickly enough to get it all out before she had to take a breath.

Luna, taken by surprise, was forced to retaliate in a swift yet powerful manner.

"I love you too, Twilight Sparkle. I wish to consume our love for each other together, to ensure that both of our lives are as easy as possible in the present as they will be in the future, that even in the worst of moments we feel as though we're living at our best." Luna began. "I wish, that in our love of one another, we both continue to improve and strive for our own ideas of perfection yet can still seek solace in one another. That in our love for each other, we can show each other everything we are, and hide nothing." Luna finished, finally able to express what she believed love to be, even if it was through the lens of others.

And so, the third combatant, the dreamscape Luna managed executed its own strike, the floor underneath Twilight and Luna giving way to a staircase down the castle and into the main hall, with Pinkamena Diane Pie standing at not a throne, but a pulpit, a big book of jokes in her hand. At both of her sides, rows and rows of chairs with Twilight and Luna's greatest friends sat to watch the wedding commence, all waiting with bated breath for the brides to walk down the altar, their vows already stated.

The two brides looked toward each other, a resolved fire within their eyes, and hand in hand, they walked down the altar.

Comments ( 3 )

Short and sweet, But i feel like there is missing something and i can't put my finger on what

I find it rather weird that Twilight of all ponies, who made it her MO and part of her identity to understand all minute details and facets of friendship wouldn't even differentiate between platonic and romantic love ... but in a ficlet of this length I can force myself to accept 'Twilight being Twilight' as a valid explanation. Her special brand of logic can result in unique conclusions at times.
Luna's confession is pretty sweet.

What I can't wrap my head around is the last part. Dreamscape Luna is a completely useless addition ... and Pinkie holding a "big book of jokes" in her hand? (ponyfication:zero efforts were made)
Is this whole thing just mockery? If it isn't then it still feels like there's a sharp cut after which you ran out of ideas and motivation.

Even as a big sucker for TwiLuna I have to give this an even bigger NOPE.

I'm loving this still story please keep going with it

Login or register to comment