• Published 23rd Dec 2021
  • 284 Views, 0 Comments

The Adopted Apple Pear - Creativa-Artly01



AJ and Bartlett adopt a sibling for their daughter from Cadence’s orphanage.

  • ...
 0
 284

After Hearthswarming, Finally

The day after Hearthswarming Day, the Apple Pear family of AJ, Bartlett, and Apple Tartlett pack their bags and hop on the first train to the Crystal Empire. After the next two days pass, the trio arrive in the Crystal Empire where they’re greeted by Twilight Sparkle and Shining Armor.

“Y’all are early,” says Twilight with a giggle, “but it’s good to see you, AJ. I know you’ve been busy with the giant Hearthswarming Family Reunion. How’d that go by the way?”

“It was good but absolutely chaotic, so so many foals running around,” giggles Applejack.

A few minutes later, the quintet arrive at a Crystal building. The three Apple Pears are led inside by Shining Armor and Twilight. “This is the Cozy Crystal,” says Shining, “it’s a new rentable house or whatever. Enjoy your stay. We’ll see you tomorrow for the appointment. Me and Cadence that is.” Shining then leaves leaving the Apple Pears and Twilight alone.

“I know you’re not alright, AJ, I see it in your eyes,” says Twilight.

AJ motions Bartlett and Tartlett away to their rooms before returning to talk with Twilight.

“Honestly,” says AJ to her friend, “it’s a miracle that we even have Tartlett. She’s a miracle foal. She wasn’t even supposed to make it initially. After her difficult birth, I was told it would be unwell for me to try natural conception again. And then Hearthswarming happened, and I saw Big Mack and Cheerilee happily expecting another, and that nagging ache returned. I wanted another foal to call my own and a sibling for my daughter so she wouldn’t be alone. After all, her cousins can’t spend the night every night or come by everyday to keep her company. Well, those that aren’t Apple Bloom’s two that is. I hope that makes sense, Twi.”

“It sure does,” responds Twilight as she lifts up AJ’s face with her hoof. She wipes away her friend’s tears with a tissue she levitates with her magic. “And tomorrow will go just fine. Pretty much everypony who comes through the orphanage ends up adopting a foal.”

“Well, that’s good to know,” responds AJ. She hugs her friend. The two mares then part ways. Twilight flies off to join up with her brother and AJ goes and eats dinner with her husband and daughter.

The following morning, the three are up with the sun and at 9:00, they’re in Cadence’s office at the orphanage for their appointment. “Hello Applejack, Bartlett, Apple Tartlett,” says Cadence with a smile. “It’s good to see you all again.” She then leads them to the room of foals soon being accompanied by Redheart’s niece.

“Hello,” say the foals to the newcomers with smiles on their faces. They’re soon led into a secondary room where only five foals are present. The foals introduce themselves to the trio per Cadence’s request.

“Hello,” says the fist of the five, an earth pony filly with a pale yellow coat with pale green speckles, “my name is Daisy Fields.” Her mane is pulled back in two piggy tails held in by two daisy themed ponytail holders. She is two years younger than Apple Tartlett. As the other foals go around and introduce themselves to Applejack and Bartlett, Tartlett can’t stop chattering away with Daisy Fields. AJ whispers to Bartlett.

“I think our daughter has already decided who she wants her new sister to be,” says AJ in Bartlett’s ear.

“Yeah, sure does,” agrees Bartlett. Even Cadence soon realizes the chemistry between the two fillies. Cadence leans over the two with a smile on her face.

“Fillies, do you want to actually be sisters?”

“Mmhmm,” responds the two fillies in agreement, “we sure do!” The two excitedly hug at Cadence’s legs. Cadence soon shakes them off and leads AJ and Bartlett to a separate room to talk with them while the fillies continue to get to know one another.

“That’s probably the fastest I’ve ever seen two foals connect,” says Cadence with a smile. “Their chemistry is infectious. I’m glad Daisy found a home with you guys.”

“Yeah, us too,” agrees AJ with a smile. Cadence then tells them the full gambit of the paperwork process to which they eagerly agree. They then go to her office, Tartlett once again in tow, and sign the paperwork. They do find it difficult to separate the two fillies however. They literally have to pull the two apart using Cadence’s magic.

Several months later, Daisy is officially an Apple Pear and there is a whole ceremony with all of everypony involved. Needless to say, it overwhelms the poor dear a little bit.