• Published 12th Sep 2012
  • 1,244 Views, 29 Comments

Chaotic Symphony - Deathstrider



When Vinyl Scratch splits up with her long time partner can anything or anypony make her happy again

  • ...
1
 29
 1,244

Chapter 5

AN: Sorry for lack of upload my beta-er was busy :3

EDITED BY Lunat1c CHECK OUT HIS WORK :D(http://www.fimfiction.net/user/Lunat1c)

CHAPTER 5

As Vinyl and Platinum walked across town they bumped into several other ponies who recognised Vinyl, even without her glasses on. Maybe it was just a god or fate that had allowed her to cross over town unnoticed three days prior. A few of the ponies stopped them and asked for photos or an autograph, and Vinyl, being a celebrity, happily obliged. Soon enough, the two arrived at Sugarcube Corner. Platinum told her that they were meeting a few ponies in there and that they were old friends. As Vinyl walked in she noticed that the room was pitch black, Platinum followed her in and whispered something into her ear, "Sorry, but you still can't convince me that you're fine when you're not."

Before Vinyl could ask what was happening the lights flipped on with a massive, "SURPRISE!" which was shouted by what seemed like every pony in Ponyville. Vinyl couldn't help but laugh. Platinum. He always knew exactly what Vinyl needed. She looked over to the pony and gave him a questioning look. He knew exactly what she was going to ask as well. "When I went in to the bathroom I called Pinkie Pie and asked her to organise a party for you," he told her, grinning ear to ear. Vinyl barely had time to comprehend anything else before she was grabbed by the pink, poofy maned pony, "Platinum Disc called me up earlier and he said that you were feeling sad so I told him that I would put a party on for you, because everypony loves to party, because it makes everypony smile and I love making everypony smile because that's what I'm good at and that's how I got my cutie mark, do you want some punch?" Vinyl thought that Pinkie was never going to stop to take a breath, so she took the break in the speech as an opportunity for some peace.

"Erm, yes please.", Vinyl said after a while.

"Yippee! I'll go get you some." It was then Vinyl took her chance to escape the psychotic pony. She pushed through the crowded room toward the back where she was intercepted by a very excited Rainbow Dash. "Ohmygoshohmygoshohmygoshohmygosh, Vinyl Scratch." The excited pegasus squeaked gleefully.

"I take it you're a fan then?" Vinyl asked Rainbow, a smirk pasted on her face.

"Duh, I'm like your number one fan, EVER!" Rainbow exclaimed. "Ohmygosh, I can't believe it's really you, where are your glasses?"

"At a friend's house.", Vinyl said bluntly. This seemed to annoy the cyan pegasus. "How's Fluttershy?" she asked, a smirk appearing on her face.

The colour on Rainbow's cheeks rapidly turned from cyan to a deep red. "Erm, I don't know what you mean, oh Fluttershy? Oh, yeah she's fine, I think, I mean I haven't seen her in ages," she tried to cover up her tracks, hoping that Vinyl didn't catch on.

"That's not what Derpy said," Vinyl whispered into Rainbow's ear. "Can you do me a favour and wait out the back for me, I need to talk to you."

The cyan pegasus nodded, eyes wide, and flew out the window almost performing a sonic rainboom simultaneously. Vinyl excused herself and went into the bathroom, locking the door behind her, she walked over to the window and opened it as far as it would go, she then climbed up onto the sill and hopped outside. She looked around to eventually find a extremely red Rainbow Dash. She walked up to her and noticed that she had streaks running down her face, she had been crying and it was Vinyl's fault, why did everything she touch turn to waste?

"Rainbow?" She jumped like somepony had electrocuted her.

"Oh, it's you." She said coolly, obviously trying to pretend that she hadn't been crying. "Rainbow, do you mind if we go to Fluttershy's house? It's just I need to ask you both about what Derpy said," Vinyl told her, hoping the pegasus wouldn't be too upset.

"I take it you know where she lives?" Rainbow said, asking the half question.

"Yeah, go and tell her I'll be on my way," Vinyl told her. Rainbow nodded and flew off.

With that out of the way, she climbed back through the window and went back to the party. She unlocked the door to an inquisitive Pinkie Pie.

"What took you so long?" she asked.

Vinyl only had to think for a second before coming up with an excuse, "Oh, I just felt quite ill and I threw up. I think I'm gonna go home," she said to whoever was there to listen.

"Oh, okay then," Pinkie said, her mane going a little bit flat, upset that Vinyl's party had been short lived, as she watched Vinyl walk out the door.

Vinyl was barely ten feet away for Sugarcube Corner when she heard Platinum call to her, "Vinyl are you okay?" he asked, concern creeping into his voice.

"Yeah, I'm fine I just need some rest." She said directly.

"Vinyl, you didn't throw up did you?" he said, realising what was going on.

"I might have, I might not have.", Vinyl spat at him.

"Vinyl, why are you being like this? I just want to help," He said putting a hoof on her shoulder. As soon as she did she violently shook it off.

"What is it with you?" She shouted. "I just want to be alone!"

"Vinyl, you don't know what you want! You are ill," he shouted back. "And I don't mean just mentally, it's starting to affect you physically as well! I can see that you haven't eaten properly in days and you haven't slept either!"

"I said leave me alone," she hissed. "So just buck off!" she finished, turning and running toward Fluttershy's house and the Everfree Forest.

As she ran she felt tears stinging at her eyes. Everypony she knew hated her, she had no friends anymore, how could anypony want her? All of these questions and more circled around inside her head like a swarm of angry wasps, all she wanted to do was go to sleep and never wake up, but she couldn't here, anypony that saw her would spit on her as they passed by. By some divine providence or not, Vinyl managed to reach the path leading to Fluttershy's house before everything went black and she fell into a deep and unwell sleep.