• Published 4th Jan 2022
  • 4,567 Views, 247 Comments

"Hey Twi..." - Flint-Lock



Sunset needs help...and Twilight isn't responding.

  • ...
10
 247
 4,567

Entry #28

Let me tell you how my day went, Twi.

When I pulled into the school’s parking lot, it didn’t take me long to find an empty space; half of them were empty. I met up with my three remaining friends, then walked to our respective homerooms. Mr. Doodle wasn’t there. Instead, we got some guy I’d never seen before.

The school was a lot dumpier than I remember. The ceilings are seriously water-stained. The Lockers are showing signs of rust. The floor is scuffed and stained, and a lot of windows are either cracked or boarded up.

When I asked Principal Celestia why the school was in such bad shape, she just sighed and said that it’d been like this when she took over, that she’d tried to fix it up a little. She rambled on about she’d lost track of how many times she begged the city for additional funding, and how every time they’d claim that the city simply don’t have the money. Then, when she thought I wasn’t looking, she’d take a drink of something out of a hip flask.

I guess that’s what happens when your city’s tax base is slowly being wiped from existence.

Twi, I’m coming through the portal. I don’t know what’s going on over in Equestria, but these one-sided conversations are getting old. Princess duties or not, we need to talk. NOW.