• Published 17th Dec 2021
  • 5,623 Views, 221 Comments

Ultimate Spiders and Magic: Episode II "Rainbow Rocks" - Maximus_Reborn



Life in Canterlot High continues to be challenging for new student, Peter Parker, and rookie superhero, Spider-Man. It seems to only grow worse for both as the Battle of the Bands nears, and three mysterious new girls show an interest in his misery.

  • ...
13
 221
 5,623

Ch. 3: Seeing is Believing

Chapter Three “Seeing is Believing”

Adagio’s eyes widened at the sudden request before she folded her arms in a huff. “Excuse me? You want to talk alone? What do you take me for?” She paused, frowning at the entourage followed by the girl. “You ask to speak alone, yet you bring a gang?”

Just as the group readied to respond, Twilight held out a hand calmly. “I give you my word. I would like a chance to talk with you, Adagio.”

Taken aback, Adagio blinked. “I don’t recall ever telling you my name.” The air grew thick, making the simple act of breathing rather troublesome. Eventually, Adagio nodded. “Fair enough. I’ll hear what you have to say.”

Aria scoffed, glaring at her sibling. “Typical. You just make a group decision, without talking it over with us. It’d be good to know what we think, you know? Oh, but I forgot. You never cared about that.” Rolling her eyes, Aria snorted before walking past Adagio. “Whatever. Watch this blow up in your face, too.”

Adagio reached out, snatching Aria by her forearm. “I know what I’m doing. Just make sure you’re back before the show starts.” She tightened her hold, edging closer until her icy glare was mere inches away from Aria’s. “Are we clear?”

Aria alternated her gaze between Adagio’s hand and her own forearm. “Let go of my arm, Adagio.”

“Girls! Girls! Things are so tense!” Sonata lightly declared, sliding between both sisters. Just as Aria pulled her arm free from Adagio’s hold, Sonata held a finger high in the air. “I know just what the doctor ordered that will solve all of our problems! What was it that mom always said? Encourage cooperation!”

An awkward silence filled the space, as both sirens stared at Sonata for what seemed like an eternity. Aria lightly tapped her knuckles against the girl’s head, exhaling at the sound her seemingly hollow cranium left. “Not quite ripe yet.”

Adagio frowned, waving her hand dismissively. “My point stands. Be back in an hour.”

Oblivious, Sonata clapped her hands happily. “Yay! I’m starving!”

“Whatever,” Aria snorted, shaking her head.

Adagio placed a hand on her hip as she watched her sisters depart in separate directions. Once they were out of hearing range, she faced Twilight and pointed towards an empty section of the facility. Everyone shared a glance with the violet girl, but she simply nodded, following the siren without hesitation. The trip was brief, and soon, both girls were away from prying eyes and ears.

“Thanks for hearing me out,” Twilight politely whispered, placing a hand over her chest.

“Save it,” Adagio coldly responded, folding her arms. “How much do you know about me? You reek of Equestrian magic.”

Clearing her throat, Twilight raised her hands defensively. “I understand why you wouldn’t trust me. I know you’re a siren, and I know why you were banished here by Starswirl the Bearded.”

“Stop,” Adagio growled, gritting her teeth. Her gaze lowered to the ground. “That’s supposed to be a secret. How in the blazes do you know about that?!”

Twilight shook her head and sighed. “It’s well documented. It happened thousands of years ago where I reside.”

Adagio paused, her eyes widening at the statement. She held her hands over the sides of her head. “I don’t believe it. We’ve only been in this world for a few months. How is that possible?”

“It was an old spell. There are many timelines and realities branching from each other. Your situation was just one of many scenarios,” Twilight retorted, her eyes softening, “I’ve got some experience when it comes to that.”

Exhaling, Adagio forced many thoughts to the back of her cranium before refocusing her gaze on the girl. “So, what do you want? You obviously know much about me.”

Twilight frowned. “What Starswirl did to you and your sisters was short-sighted and wrong, but it doesn’t excuse what you are trying to do.”

Adagio inhaled deeply before glancing to the side. “How sad. I was anticipating that you would understand, but I can’t say that I’m surprised. Stop talking like you know me.”

“I’m serious. I may not know you, but I know someone who is close to you,” Twilight firmly stated, narrowing her gaze, “I’ve seen where your ambition takes you, and it’s self-destructive. In the end, it’s only going to hurt you and your sisters.” Sobering, Twilight managed a smile. “Things are different now. Come back to my world. We found a cure for the sirens there.”

“A cure?!” Adagio barked, scowling as her widened gaze narrowed into a glare. “You’re implying there’s something wrong with us!”

Twilight shook her head furiously. “What? No! That’s not what I meant. You’re being given an alternative to how you feed now, and it would make your life much easier.”

Raising her hand, Adagio huffed. “You’re no different from Starswirl. Whatever you were hoping to accomplish will not work.” She stomped past Twilight, bumping into her shoulder. “Whoever you are, stay out of our way.” Adagio paused, smirking as she began to hum a melody. “I suppose I can just persuade you otherwise~”

Twilight took a step back, holding out a hand in response. “I was hoping to avoid this, but I will just stop you right here!”

Both girls stood in place, pointing at each other, but nothing seemed to have transpired. Adagio blinked, waving her hands as she increased the volume of her humming. Meanwhile, Twilight flicked her fingers repeatedly to no avail. An awkward silence filled the air while both girls paused momentarily.

Adagio ceased her humming, flustered. “I… don’t understand.”

A pink flush filled Twilight’s features as she eyed her fingers blankly. “This usually works.”

Clearing her throat, Adagio frantically waved a hand dismissively as she rushed out of the vicinity. “I-I suppose I’ll let you go for now. Next time, I won’t be so merciful!” The siren walked as fast as possible, cutting every corner until certain Twilight had lost track of her. Adagio clenched her fists tightly and exhaled. “Curses! The Equestrian magic is protecting that girl and her friends! If I’m going to overtake them, I need Aria and Sonata!” Pausing, Adagio wildly shifted her gaze about, “Where are those idiots?!”

“Adagio…” a voice gently called from behind. As the siren turned, Sonata slowly approached with a softened gaze. “Is it true? I overheard everything. Have we really been gone for over a thousand years?”

Pursing her lips, Adagio could only let out a defeated sigh. “I want to say it’s a ruse, but that girl knew way too much. There was no hesitation in her words. She knew about Starswirl and us. I fear she was telling the truth.”

“If that’s true…” Sonata whispered, trailing off as she peeked skyward. “Our friends and family. They’re really gone.” Lowering her gaze, she held out her hands in a pleading manner. “If she’s here, maybe there’s a way we can go back?”

Adagio glanced to the side before shaking her head. “We can’t go back. It’d just be in her time, and she has no intention of helping us. She wants to cure us, but there’s nothing wrong with us. An alternative way to feed? What does that even mean?! It’s a trick, and I won’t fall for it! Just… Trust me, Sonata! It’s too convenient, and we’re so close to succeeding here! It’ll finally be worth it!”

“But… what if she’s right?” Sonata whispered, clutching at the center of her chest, “It’s like what Aria was talking about with that Spider-Guy's negative emotions, with how rich they are.”

“I promise you that she’s not. Deep down, you know I’m right, Sonata. Aria is always overthinking the wrong things, and I can’t have you sharing her bad habits. I need you, Sonata,” Adagio sweetly responded, her firm demeanor softening. Just as Sonata readied to choke back a sob, Adagio leaned forward and firmly pulled her sister into a warm embrace. Albeit brief, she squeezed gently until eye contact was made. Adagio placed a hand over the top of Sonata’s head. “All the more reason we need to win here. Going back is no longer an option. If we’re going to make it, we need to win this. Right?”

Sonata sniffled, brushing a hand over her sore eyes before she forced a nod. “Y-Yeah.”

Adagio shared a nod. “We’ve been forced to live like rats in that shelter since we arrived here, and I’ll make sure we never have to go back. We need to find Aria.”

“Are you going to see what she thinks?” Sonata innocently questioned.

Pausing, Adagio let out a defeated groan. “Let’s just find her first.”

Elsewhere, Twilight slowly walked back towards her group, never averting her gaze from her hands. “My body’s regressed. I can’t use magic like I could before. The rules of this world are far different. I’ll have to come up with a counter spell for the sirens.”

Once in sight, Sunset was the first to approach Twilight. “How did it go?”

Twilight shook her head. “Not good. It was worth a try, but she’s set in her ways.”

Rainbow Dash scoffed. “No surprise there. So, what do we do?”

Slow to respond, Twilight pursed her lips before her eyes widened at a realization. “I have an idea. I can conjure a counter spell, but I’ll need time…”


Peter marched down the sidewalk along the front of the school with a bemused glare before kicking an empty can lightly. “I swear! Can this day get any stupider?!”

Suddenly, a distant sound grew in volume. Peter stopped in his tracks, frowning as his gaze narrowed. He continued to follow the sounds of protest, his eyes widening at a sight. A group of boys and girls towered over a lone individual, each ridiculing to the point of excess. A blonde girl with gray skin sat on her knees, struggling to gather her possessions while the surrounding mob kept edging each item out of her reach.

“What’s with her? Is she blind?” a girl teased, laughing uproariously.

A boy chuckled. “With her eyes crossed the way they are, I wouldn’t be surprised!”

Peter growled under his breath as his frown deepened. Frustration buried from earlier had resurfaced, evident by his clenched fist, but he brushed those thoughts aside, exhaling. Pursing his lips, the young man approached the crowd with a blank stare. From afar, Aria watched with a furrowed brow before folding her arms at the spectacle.

“Hey, guys,” Peter stated, waving at the crowd as he neared. He knelt down next to the girl, grabbing one of her books. “I think we’ve all had our fun. How about we just call it a day and head home?”

Three of the boys exchanged bewildered gazes with each other while two of the girls arched a brow. Finally, one of the boys cleared his throat and reached out. “We’ll finish when we’re ready. Why don’t you get out of the way?”

Peter’s cranium hummed as the boy’s hand neared, prompting him to sway out of his reach. “Oh! Let me just get that,” he nonchalantly whispered before simply lowering and reaching for a second book, causing the bully to fall over his frame in a heap. Peter lifted his head, blinking at the sight of the boy laying face first in the ground. “Yikes! I am so sorry! I am such a klutz.”

Flabbergasted, the second boy pointed at Peter. “What the heck, bro?!”

Sliding the books back into the confines of the girl’s backpack, Peter’s senses blared once more. He lifted the strap, seemingly catching the boy’s foot as he threw a wayward kick. The third lunged out from behind, prompting Peter to casually relinquish his hold, and both boys collided into each other, landing on top of the first in the process. Scratching the back of his head, Peter chuckled sheepishly, while the girls helped their friends to their feet.

“I don’t know what’s going on with me today. I’m not usually this clumsy,” Peter innocently declared, holding his hands up defensively. The girls managed to escort the boys from the vicinity, each muttering under their breath. Once they were out of sight, Peter turned his attention to the girl on the ground. He extended a hand out, prompting her to accept the gesture. Once the young man gently pulled her to her feet, he nodded. “Are you okay? Sorry that happened to you. It feels like everyone’s a jerk today. Well, more than usual.”

The girl exhaled softly while brushing dust from her blue shirt and green skirt. “Thank you. I’m okay. Stuff like that happens a lot,” she gently responded, managing a smile.

Peter readied to respond, but he paused, sharing a glance with the girl. Her eyes were wide, as bright as her blonde hair, yet one of her irises was crossed, poised inwardly. Shaking his head, Peter offered the girl her backpack. She reached out, failing to grasp it initially before eventually managing to take hold of one of its straps.

“Sorry. My depth perception is a bit off. I tend to miss and bump into things,” she whispered, frowning. However, she smiled. “So, I know what a real klutz looks like. You are pretty good at faking. I’d say you’re pretty smooth.”

Peter’s eyes softened while he sheepishly chuckled. “I just got lucky. Besides, don’t apologize. It’s nothing you can help. Looks like you’re making it work. Sounds like you have strabismus.” Sobering, the young man folded his arms. “Is that why those guys were bullying you?”

The girl nodded. “Yeah. They say I look funny. It doesn’t help that I always find a way to bump into things.”

“That’s not right. You shouldn’t listen to those guys. I say you’re cute as you are,” Peter firmly stated, his tone genuine.

The girl’s smile widened at the compliment, and her cheeks flushed to a shade of pink. “You think I’m cute? No one’s ever told me that.”

Oblivious, Peter tilted his head to the side. “What’s your name?”

Blinking, the girl stammered about. “Um, well. Everyone calls me Derpy.”

Peter shook his head, raising a finger. “No way. That’s what they say. I asked for your name.”

Slow to respond, the girl chuckled under her breath. “I’m Ditzy Doo.”

Inhaling deeply, Peter let out a defeated sigh. “Again with the names. I’ll have to get used to that. That’s almost no different from Derpy.” Grinning, the young man nodded. “It fits you. As long as those jerks are around, you should hang out with me. I’m not the best insurance policy, but I promise I won’t let them hurt you.”

Ditzy grinned, clutching her backpack tightly against her chest. “Really? Do you mean that?”

“Yeah,” Peter firmly responded, nodding.

Ditzy edged closer. “Really?”

Peter blinked. “Yes.”

The girl continued to inch forward, her smile widening. “Really, really? Are you sure? You’re not just teasing me?”

Stammering, Peter nervously alternated his gaze about once the girl’s nose practically brushed against his own. “Yes. Really. I wouldn’t offer to help if I didn’t mean it.”

Oblivious, Ditzy (mercifully) edged back before giggling uncontrollably. Beads of sweat fell from Peter’s face as he let out a relieved sigh. Ditzy soon retrieved a slip of paper from a pocket in her skirt, hastily writing onto it upon retrieving a pen afterward.

“I’m sorry. I’m just not used to this,” Ditzy admitted, brushing a hand through her golden hair. “I r-really like it. Thank you. You’re very sweet. What’s your name?”

“I’m Peter B. Parker,” the young man stated, smiling.

Tilting her head to the side, Ditzy shrugged. “What’s the ‘B’ stand for? Or do you mean like ‘Bee’?”

Peter shook his head. “You’re looking at it too literally. The ‘B’ stands for Benjamin.”

Humming as she placed a finger on her bottom lip, Ditzy furrowed her brow. “Why does that sound familiar? As a matter of fact, I think I’ve seen you somewhere before.” She paused, offering the slip of paper to the young man. Just as Peter reached out, Ditzy placed her hand over his own. “Now, don’t read this yet! Promise you’ll wait until I leave before you read it, okay?!”

“Sure thing,” Peter calmly responded, tilting his head to the side once the girl’s complexion flushed.

Her smile widened in response before a sudden realization came into mind, evident by her widened gaze. “Oh! I’m late! I really have to go, but–!” she trailed off, attempting to walk past Peter. Unfortunately, she bumped into his chest and stayed still. While her head remained lowered, her smile could still be seen, along with the pink stain in her cheeks. Freeing herself from wayward thoughts, Ditzy backed away. “I’ll find you tomorrow! I promise!”

Peter watched the girl with an arched brow and shrugged. “Maybe I’ll see her. Maybe I won’t. She sure ran off pretty fast. Then again, my name is mud around here, so no surprise there.” Once the girl was out of sight, Peter lowered his gaze and peeked at the slip left in his hand. His eyes widened at the set of the numbers etched across the surface, neatly placed underneath Ditzy’s carefully and beautifully written name. However, his surprise soon turned to dismay, evident by the empty glare in his eyes and twitching brow. “Just my luck. A girl gives me her phone number, and she forgets a digit. This is either a rib or the Parker Luck strikes again.”

Aria exhaled, rolling her eyes once she was next to the young man. “Look, guy. You completely misread that situation horribly. It was kinda hard to watch there. Watching you bumble about is like seeing a deer cross into heavy traffic.”

Blinking, Peter stared at the girl for what seemed like an eternity. “First off… dark. Second. What is it with you girls and your barbaric imagery? And lastly. Um, do I know you?”

“No,”Aria bluntly declared before placing a hand over her hip, “but I’d like to get to know you.”.

To Be Continued…