• Published 14th Sep 2012
  • 8,425 Views, 235 Comments

My Roommate Is Onto Me - AGhost



This story tells the tale of Ã�¢ï¿½ï¿½My Roomate Is A VampireÃ�¢ïÂ

  • ...
21
 235
 8,425

Parents

When Octy charged at me like a mad mare, I almost got scared for a second. Almost. I’ve fought lycans, other vampires, drunk dudes, an ex marefriend, you name it… but for a split second, I thought that Octy could actually hurt me.

She was now flailing her arms around trying to get to me as I held her away with one hoof and little effort. She made adorable little effort sounds as she desperately tried to get to me. After about ten or fifteen seconds of this, she got tired and her flailing began to slow down as she got her breath back.

"You done?" I asked blankly as she slumped over my arm. Suddenly she jumped awake and grabbed me in her hooves. I thought she’d faked it to make a sneak attack on me, but she looked totally freaked.

"Whatdowedowhatdowedo?!" she screeched shaking me.

Sorry, Octy.

I pushed her off of me and slapped her. Broke my heart a little bit.

"First off, calm down," I commanded. She stared at me with her mouth agape, touching her cheek with her hoof. Her eyes watered a little bit.

Aaahhh I’m really sorry, Octy! I-

No, no, she needs to get a hold of herself.

"Now just... hear me out for a sec." Octy tried to talk, but I pressed a hoof to her mouth. "Listen. Your mom only saw us making out." She looked at me, trying to understand.

"How is that a good thi—" I shoved a hoof in her mouth, quieting her again. I looked towards the door, my ears twitching.

"You hear that?" I asked her. She shook her head. "Nopony heard her screaming. That's good. Now listen, we've got about three minutes before your dad starts asking questions."

I was in Tactical Scratch mode now. I had to think. I had to think fast. My mind quickly listed the facts of the situation and a plan started to form.

"She didn't see your fangs," Octy said slowly, realizing what I meant. "Or your eyes." I nodded. She looked relieved at first, but then her face changed to a look of pure terror.

"But now she knows I'm a fillyfooler," she gasped in horror. "I'm doomed! She'll disown me!" I groaned and rubbed my forehead.

We’ve got two options: Plan A or Plan B.

"Look, either we tell her the truth..." I mumbled.

"Not a chance."

Plan B it is.

"Then we're going to have to cover this up,” I said darkly walking over to her mom on the ground. “Help me move her body." Octy just stood there staring at me. "Hey! I can't move your mom's fat flank all by myself,” I yelled smiling at her. That got her attention back.

Of course I could move the body without her. Of course I could. I could bust through walls with one hoof. I just wanted her to do stuff so her mind wouldn’t wander.

"What are you doing?"

"Hiding the body, of course." She stared at me horrified. "Kidding,” I said amused. “I'm kidding. Your mom'll be fine." She sighed with relief. "… Mostly fine. I think." She glared at me.

We positioned her so that it looked like she’d blacked out near the sink. Octy looked distracted.

"Are you alright?" I asked her.

"Me? I’m fine," she smiled nervously, looking a bit unstable. Her hoof shook ever so slightly.

"You're shaking," I said seriously.

"What are you talking about?" She laughed nervously, rubbing one leg against the other.

Jeez, she’s goin’ insane. This might be a little too much for her.

"Just sit down," I said gently. She made no effort to move. I sighed, walked over to her, and forced her into a sitting position. "Relax. Breathe,” I told her, (partially for her, partially for myself.) I needed to relax and breathe, too. I started muttering to myself, working out the rest of my plan. “Okay okay okay… I uh... I get queasy at the sight of blood. Yeah yeah, that'll work."

"Vinyl?"

"Your mom came in here just as you were helping me out and, and... one of the employees had..."

I looked around the room, spotting a vase of flowers on the small, wooden table near the sink. I levitated the vase up, took out the flowers, and dumped the water on the tiles.

"... had mopped the floor and forgotten to put out a wet floor sign. And she slipped, bumping her head against the edge of the sink..." I worked out the trajectory of how her head would hit it and everything checked out.

See, why couldn’t I be this smart with other stuff? Like mares? And cooking? Why could I do all of this, but not know how to make a grilled cheese sandwich?

"Vinyl, I don't want anypony getting fired over this!" she exclaimed. I turned to her.

"Do you want to do this or not?" I asked coldly. She looked back in shock.

"Y-Yes!"

"Then work with me. Now how do we explain what she saw?" I thought for a second, trying to find a reason. Rich pony, dinner... "Aha. She was drunk."

"Something tells me this isn't your first time doing this."

Yeah, yeah, drunk will work. High society ponies are always drinking fancy alcohol at social gatherings.

I grunted.

"Drunk, under the influence of alcohol..."

"One problem with that, Vinyl,” she said interrupting my thoughts. “She wasn't drinking."

Damn. True.

"We're going to have to roll with it.”

Let’s see how well Octy can act.

“Now here's what's going to happen,” I instructed. “You're going to scream as loud as you can. In fifteen seconds, ponies are going to come flooding in here asking questions." She nodded in understanding. "Keep your mouth shut. Not a word. Let me do all the talking. Look scared."

I would need to put on an act, as well. I started concentrating on things that made me sad: hurting Octy, a certain ex-marefriend, getting teased as a kid, the cancellation of my favorite TV show. I could feel tears starting to form in my eyes.

With me crying and her screaming, it should be perfect. Here we go…

"Three, two, one..."

Octy let out a terrified scream. She could’ve been in a scary movie getting hacked to pieces and I totally would’ve believed it.

Excellent. A+ work.

“Very nice,” I mouthed to her as I felt tears run down my face. I winked at her to let her know they were fake. Around 15 seconds later, a few ponies burst through the door to the bathroom. Among them was Octavi-dad and the manager of the restaurant. Octy crouched next to her mom.

“It… it just happened so fast!” I hysterically told them through my tears. “She… she came into the bathroom and s-slipped on the w-wet floor and… oh that poor, p-poor mare! She hit her head off the sink and fell! It was like slow-motion, I… there was nothing w-we could do! It’s j-just t-t-terrib-uuuuuul!” I made my voice so high at the end, my voice cracked.

They all listened to my story intently with terrified looks on their faces. Rich ponies eat that stuff up. They’ll pay anything to avoid injuries, ailments, all that jazz, so when somepony gets hurt, the first thing they think is “HOW CAN I AVOID THIS AND WHO DO I THROW MONEY AT TO MAKE IT SO?”

Perfect. Now get you and Octy outta there.

“Please… please take c-care of her. This is m-my friend’s mother and… she’s not well. I need to get her home.” I looked to Octy and she got my hint, burying her face in her hooves and shaking. I would have to ask her later if she’s taken any acting classes cause damn.

“Yes, of course, miss. We’ll take it from here,” said the manager. “You get your friend home.”

I nodded nervously and grabbed Octy’s hoof, jerking my head towards the door and mouthing “Come on.” We got out as fast as we could, not making eye-contact with anypony on the way out.

We ran until we knew we were safe, then slowed to a walk. It was dark by then, but I was more comfortable at night than during the day anyways. We were home free.

I thought about why Octy was freaked out by the situation. It wasn’t so much that I could’ve killed her mom or that she could’ve discovered I was a vampire… but because she would’ve found out that Octy was a fillyfooler. How long did she expect to keep this a secret from them? Forever? What if I wanted to pop the question one day? What if we wanted to adopt kids or somethin’? Would she have to keep her entire life hidden from them?

"Thank you," Octy said as we walked. "For everything."

I stopped walking and paused, staring at her. After what we did in the restaurant, I expected her to be a nervous wreck, but… apparently not. She never did cease to amaze me.

She gave me an honest smile.

"No problem," I said slowly, still a bit suspicious.

"I don't know what I would have done," she stammered. I couldn’t help myself. I took a step towards her and kissed her. I could do that all frickin’ night.

This was our first kiss where I wasn’t trying to kill her and we didn’t have to move any bodies because of it. Progress.

"Don't mention it. Really,” I said smiling, then rubbed the back of my head with a hoof. “And uh, sorry for decking your mom in the face."

"It's quite alright. I think any sane pony would have done that a long time ago. Although I'm not so sure if it was such a good idea."

I didn’t know what else to do. My body just sort of acted on its own. Plus, I had to make sure she didn’t know I was a vampire or Octy was a…

"But you know, you can't always run from your problems, y' know," I said getting a little serious.

"Sorry?"

"It's not like you can keep it a secret forever. That you're a fillyfooler, I mean,” I explained as we walked through the darkness. “Your folks are gonna find out eventually, one way or another."

She paused and seemed to study her hoof for a few seconds, then shook her head.

"We all have our secrets. I guess I'll have to learn to keep one too," she huffed and kept walking. Then it was my turn to pause as I tried to figure out how to explain it to her.

"See, the thing about secrets is that they don't stay a secret for long. I mean look at me,” I laughed and extended my fangs from my mouth.

"Even if that is true, I can still try."

She was still determined to keep it a secret forever. I sighed and we started walking again.

Whatever. Not worth arguing.

We continued on our way home, the apartment eventually coming into view. We climbed the stairs sluggishly, eventually getting to our door.

"Vinyl? Would it be okay if I asked... how did you get this way?"

A pair of fangs flashed through my mind as the memory resurfaced.

"A vampire, huh?" I laughed bitterly, turning to face her. I gave her a sad look. "Maybe you'll get your answer someday."

I was about to get the key from my handbag when Octy hugged me tightly, whispering in my ear and promising to never let me go. Oh, and choking me. She was doing that, too.

I never thought I’d say this, but…

"Octy… could you let go?" I gasped desperately.
_________________________________________________________________________

“Vinyl, could you come in here for a second?” Octy asked from her room. I was in my own room hanging up the dress I’d worn that night in my closet, very thankful that I wasn’t wearing it anymore. I could finally move around without worrying about it.

“Yeah, sure thing,” I said trotting to her room. I had her broken door replaced and it looked like an exact copy of the last one. Nopony would have to know. I’d also replaced her vanity mirror to one exactly like it.

I pushed the door open to see her trying to grasp for the back of her dress, already half way unzipped. I blushed and put a hoof over my eyes.

“I, uh- sorry! I… I-I didn’t mean to… walk in on this.”

“No, no, it’s quite alright,” I heard her laugh at me. “I was wondering if you could help me out of this. I was able to get it zipped up, but it appears it might have gotten stuck on the fabric or something. Could you take a look for me, please?”

I slowly lowered my hoof.

“Uh… y-yeah, totally,” I stuttered starting to move towards her.

Relax, okay? This is… this is totally okay. You’re her marefriend and she asked for this. You and her can be mature and-

Holy crap holy crap don’t mess up, dude, don’t mess up!

Gripping her zipper in my magic, I slowly pulled it downwards. My white coat must’ve been bright red by now. I mean, we’re always naked, but… something about the act of taking off her clothes was…

Don’t think about it, just do it. Don’t think about it, just do it.

It looked like she was right and it had gotten stuck on something. Playing around with the fabric and pulling the zipper, I was finally able to get it down.

“Th-there! All done!” I said smiling. My voice cracked. She looked back and me and giggled.

“You’re quite adorable, do you know that?” she asked.

Crap. Am I that obvious?

“Haha… I could say the same thing about you,” I smirked at her.

“You know… you don’t have to be ‘cool’ all the time, Vinyl Scratch,” she said, her dress falling to the floor.

Oh jeez, is that what it feels like when your heart stops? I’m gonna need a doctor.

I stuttered unintelligent things and giggled like an idiot as she got closer to me.

Right on time, the phone rang.

“Phone!” I exclaimed as she came closer and closer. “That… that’s the phone, I should… uh, I should get that…”

“Let it ring,” she whispered, our lips almost touching. My brain and heart were in a screaming match, each one trying to yell over the other. The phone rang again.

“Well, I mean, I-I should get the phone because it’s ringing right now and th-that’s what you do with a phone! You answer it! Or… or make calls on it, but right now I need to answer it! ‘Scuse me!” I struggled to get words out as I turned towards the door, tripped over my own hooves, then got up and ran to the kitchen.

Holy crap... what's gotten into her? She's usually not that... she's never been so... ugh, I can't think of words right now. Gotta get the phone. Phone, phone, phone.

I read the caller ID, recognizing my home phone number.

Oop. Better take this one in my room.

I grabbed the phone with my magic, galloped back to my room, and shut the door, attempting to press the green icon to answer it. Pony hooves, however, are much bigger than the buttons on phones, for some dumb reason.

“Come on, ya stupid… ugh!” I growled at it as I jammed it with my hoof, pressing many different buttons in the process of trying to select the green one. Since the call was coming from home, it was either mom or dad.

I heard the “bleep” saying that I was connected and levitated it up to my ear.

“Heeeeello?”

“Dahling! How’s mama’s little girl?”

Mom.

“Hey, mom. How’re you guys doin’?”

“Oh excellent, excellent. … Except for the fact that you moved and did not tell us where to!” my mom’s heavy accent rang through the phone. “Why would you not write or-“

“Ah! Oh wow, I totally forgot! I’m sorry, that’s my bad,” I said apologetically, facehoofing.

Jeez, who forgets to tell her parents that she’s moving?! I’m the worst daughter ever!

“Well, when you wouldn’t return my calls from your previous house, I called up one of your friends and dey told me you had moved. I got your number and address from dem. Lyra was her name, I believe.”

“Aahh that’s good,” I said, genuinely thankful that Lyra had saved my tail.

“You really should clean your room, dear. It vas a total mess, as usual.”

“Hey, come on. Creative ponies have messy… wait, how did you know that?!” I exclaimed as realization came over me.

“Your father und I stopped by a few days ago and you veren’t home,” she explained, “sooo we let ourselves in and took a look around.”

Mooooom, you can’t just do that! That’s not cool!” I whined to her like a little filly.

“Well, the door was unlocked, so we assumed you were listening to your headphones at extreme levels, as you tend to do.”

“The door was unlocked? Naw, that’s not possible. I always…”

Wait… the day I had to take care of Apple Bytes… the night I attacked Octy. It must’ve been that day. In my hurry to get out the door, I must’ve left the door unlocked!

“And you’ve moved in with your marefriend, no less!” she continued. “You’d think we would have heard about her.”

“Well, yeah, sorry it’s been…”

Hold on a sec… Octy and I weren’t together that morning they came over. We got together the next day.

“Uh... how… how’d you figure it out? That she and I were together, I mean.”

“Oh, we vanted to make sure you vere eating properly, so we checked your fridge,” she explained. I heard the familiar clink of her sunglasses hitting against the phone, telling me she was nodding. “Dere vas a blood bag in it. You definitely vouldn’t keep one in there unless your roommate knew about your condition.”

I laughed, a bit too loudly.

“Pfft yeeeeah! I mean, I… I’d never leave it in there if she didn’t know! That’d… that’d be totally irresponsible!”

I mentally kicked myself.

“I saw that you only had one bag left und so I gave you the one I brought with us. I know you tend to wait und wait to go restock them, so I brought one as a ‘house warming’ gift of sorts. We were going to leave it in your room, but seeing da one in the fridge, we thought ve’d leave it in there vere it vas cold. You’ve really got to stop being so lazy, child. You must get it from your father.”

The second blood bag in the fridge. I’d completely forgotten! That would explain it.

“Uhh… yeah. I was almost out of em’. Thanks, mom,” I said smiling into the phone.

If there weren’t two bags in there, maybe Octy wouldn’t have noticed them and she never would’ve found out I was a vampire!

Who was I kidding? Even if she didn’t find out then, she was onto me for awhile before that. Besides, she was my marefriend now as a result of that… incident. My parents sorta set us up, I guess.

This had to be the most messed up matchmaker situation ever.

“Anyvays, dahling,” she continued, “we had to go to a meeting aftevards, so we veren’t able to wait for you to get home. Could we perhaps stop by tomorrow? I vant to meet the mare who has managed to tame you. You’ve never moved in with a marefriend before, so you and her must be pretty serious.”

“Sorry to disappoint, mom,” I laughed, “I’m just as goofy as ever. Uhh… yeah tomorrow would be fine, I think. I’ll let Octy know.”

“Oh, you and your nicknames. Vat is ‘Octy’ short for?”

Mom knew me too well.

“Octavia,” I said smiling. “It’s short for Octavia.”

“Ach! Octavia! Such a beautiful name,” she commented. I smiled wider in agreement. “I think I may have met her before at a music event or two, actually. Well, I’ll let you go, but we’ll see you tomorrow, dahling. I love you.”

“Love you, too, Mom. See ya.”

I pressed several more buttons before finally hitting the red icon to end the call. Looking at the clock on my dresser, I saw that it was almost ten at night. It was normal for them to call at that hour; night owls, most vampires.

I went to the kitchen and put the phone back on its charger, then made my way back to Octy’s room. She must’ve already hung up her dress as I didn't see it anywhere. Octy was sitting on her bed with her legs hanging off of it, looking a little glum.

“Who was that on the phone?” she asked turning to look at me.

“Aahh, that was just my mom,” I explained leaning against the door frame. “My parents like to check up on me to see if I’ve set anything on fire or… Hey… are you okay?” She looked sorta depressed. Rubbing one of her eyes with a hoof, she looked away from me.

“Yes, I’m quite alright, Vinyl,” she said in a small voice. I frowned and made my way to the bed, sitting next to her.

“Hey, come on. What’s up?” I asked concerned. It took her a little bit to respond, but finally she spoke.

“Are you… physically attracted to me, Vinyl?”

… What?!

“Of course I am! Absolutely,” I answered without hesitation. “You’re one of the most beautiful mares in existence, seriously.”

“Then… why before… I mean, you left so quickly and… maybe I did something wrong or… I’ve never been with anypony before, so… and I've never... perhaps I was too bold…” she said quietly, looking at the floor.

What is she…?

And then it hit me: before with the dress. I totally freaked out and ditched her.

“Octy, you didn’t do anything wrong, really,” I said seriously. “In fact, you did everything right, which is why I was a little freaked. I just… you have no idea how bad I want… to, ya know… ‘that’… I mean…” I took a breath, gathering my thoughts. “I like you. A lot. I don’t wanna screw this up. I’m good at a lot of things. A lotta lotta things. A lotta lotta lotta-“

“I get it,” she said glancing over at me, trying to smile.

“Right, I can do a lotta stuff, no problem… but relationships… that’s kinda my Achilles heel. I just want everything to be perfect. I wanna do my total best for you. You’ve… never been in a relationship before, so… I mean, I definitely didn’t wanna bring ‘that’ up. We’ve only been dating for two days.”

She looked back down at the floor.

“Oh,” she said nodding. “Yes, I… I can understand that. You're right. It was silly of me to suggest it so early.” She looked back over at me, a smile finally on her face. “You really are very sweet, Vinyl.” I felt my face get hot.

“I think you mispronounced ‘dumb and goofy,’” I smirked getting a laugh from her.

“I’m serious! You’re really wonderful,” she insisted, looking at me. “I… If I might make a suggestion… I think that maybe you think too much about relationships. Maybe you should just do what feels right, rather than focusing on what could go wrong. … Though, as we’ve said, I’ve never been in a relationship, so I really have no room to talk,” she said quietly, a sad, little laugh escaping her lips.

I thought about it. She had a point. In all of my previous relationships, I’d focused on doing everything right, everything proper. I’d never just sat back and enjoyed it. I never just… did things when I felt like it and not got super worried about how they'd react. Well, that is until my previous marefriend before Octy. She finally got me to relax, but... look how that turned out.

Guess I was just scared cause I was so relaxed around Octy. It somewhat reminded me of Silver. I couldn't be afraid of it forever, though.

“Ya know what? You’re right,” I said adjusting myself so I could look at her a little better. “Your accent is hot. Your accent is very, very hot. I find you super attractive, no matter what you do. I may think classical music is boring, but when you play your cello… I can’t help myself from stopping and listening. Sometimes when you practice in your room, I just sit with my back against your door and listen. Even in the morning when it's kinda depressing for you to be playing it, there was still a part of me that loved it. You're strong and confident and I find everything you do to be totally amazing.” She stared at me, absorbing the whirlwind of information I'd thrown at her. I took a breath, preparing my next sentence.

Just say it. You feel it, so say it.

“I love you, Octavia. I think I’ve known that for awhile now, but… yeah… I love you. I’m in love with you. I really am.” She gave me a little smile. “Now I don’t want you to feel like you need to say it back cause… I mean, you did say you loved me back before we'd even kissed, but you didn’t really know me as well back then so… ya know, it’s different for everypony, so I’m not in any rush or-“

She kissed me, cutting off any train of thought I had. It was a deep kiss, a powerful one. If I was wearing socks, they would’ve been knocked right off my body.

“I love you, too, Vinyl,” she said smiling at me, breaking the kiss. Her violet eyes seemed to be lit up with happiness.

Jeez. Blush more, wouldja, Vinyl?

“Wow. Well, okay. Yeah, that’s good. That’s awesome,” I said grinning like an idiot and nodding.

So yeah, that’s good. Cool. This is cool. Cool, cool, cool.

“So, uh… about ‘that,’” I continued, “I’m ready when you’re ready, but… I think you might just be excited cause of all the… excitement from tonight. You’re not usually this… ya know, assertive, so it might just be endorphins running through you, so we could wait.” Her face fell a little, but she nodded.

“Yes. That… that would be smart…” She gave me a little smile, got off the bed, and started making her way towards the door.

I remembered the dinner and how shitty her parents were to her. She’d had a tough life. Octy deserved to get what she wanted once in awhile. I wanted to take care of her for a night. Hell, we both needed to blow off some steam.

Ya know what? Screw it.

“Oooor we could… not…” I said getting off the bed and moving towards her. I saw her reaction in the replacement vanity mirror on her dresser. She turned to face me and saw that I was giving her “the look.” Walking towards her, I kissed her passionately, gently pressing her body up against the wall.

They say the most sensitive part of the cello is its neck.
_________________________________________________________________________

The sound of the doorbell woke me up. I’d slept like a frickin’ log, no surprise there. Octy held me in her arms as I held her in mine.

"You get it," she murmured, pushing me with a hoof. I squinted my eyes.

"Meh."

Don’t even know who it is. If they’re delivering a package or something, they can just leave it by the door. I don’t ever wanna move from this spot.

DING DONG DING DONG DING DONG—

"Vinyl. Get the door.”

"No you," I groaned.

Suddenly, she shoved me with her hoof so hard, I fell over the side of the bed, wrapped up in the sheets. Octy must’ve been wrapped up in them, too, cause she fell right beside me onto the floor. I landed with an “oof” and she landed with a soft squeek.

"Ha. Owned,” I wheezed, sticking my tongue out.

"Shut up."

Last night might’ve been the best night of my entire life. It was totally amazing and magical and… agh, I feel too girly talking like that.

Bacon. Hoofball. Wubs. LET’S BEAT SOME PONIES UP.

There we go. I feel more myself now.

Octy and I giggled as we untangled ourselves from the sheets, our manes and coats totally messed up from the previous night. She was so damn cute. I craned my neck over and bit down on her ear lightly, making her squeal and push me away. I smiled when I saw her blushing at me. Life was good. Life was really good.

“Vinyl! Stop that,” she giggled pushing me away.

“That’s not what you were sayin' last night,” I said with a devious grin, pinning her to the ground and kissing her neck. The doorbell rang a few more times.

“Stop, stop, really! I need to get the door!” she laughed. I let her go and she stood up, smoothing her mane down. She made her way to the door as I followed close behind. I was feeling kinda clingy, so I thought I’d go with her. She cleared her throat and opened the door.

"Hell—"

A bright flash blinded us as we were both sent backwards, landing on our backs. A flash of light I knew oh too well.

"I, Photo Finish, have arrived!" I heard my mom’s thick accent ring out.

Aw crap. Their visit today. I totally forgot to tell Octy.

"Photo Finish?" I heard Octy gasp as I rubbed my eyes.

"It's a travesty, it's what it is!"

Aaaand there’s dad.

"Hoity Toity?"

I finally got my vision back and walked towards my parents, smiling.

"Hey, mom," I laughed nervously. "Hey, dad."

Octy’s jaw dropped and her eyes looked like they were gonna pop out of her head. My mom squeezed me into a hug pushing out all the air in my body. She was crazy strong.

“It’s been too long, sveetheart!”

“M-mom… G-glad you could make it,” I managed to get out. She released me and I sucked in as much air as I could.

“Hey there, kiddo,” my dad said beaming at me.

“Dad,” I said smiling back as he pulled me into a less painful hug. My parents were great. Always so supportive of me. I wanted to be a DJ and they were totally on board. They didn't make me wear dresses if I didn't want to. I told them I was gay and they patted me on the back and asked if I had a marefriend. As far as parents went, they totally rocked.

Weren’t always around cause of their busy schedules, but they always made time for me if I needed to talk about something. They could be really protective sometimes, though. Probably cause the one time they left me alone as a filly was the day I was bitten by a vampire.

But we’ll get to that later.

"Come, come, sit! Make yourselves at home. Vinyl, can I talk to you?" Octy asked cheerily leading them into the living room. She then dragged me by my mane into the kitchen.

“Ow ow ouchies ow!”

"You never told me your parents were Hoity Toity and Photo Finish," she hissed at me through gritted teeth.

"You never asked," I shrugged.

It ain’t a huge deal. She can’t be that mad.

Her eye twitched.

"Weren't you paying attention last night?" I asked, referring to dinner. I did say my mom was a fashion photographer. She took a slow deep breath.

"Do they know?"

"… Yes. They do," I admitted.

"Really?"

"Try not to call us vampires. Dad thinks of it more like a condition than anything."

"You mean your parents are…?" she gasped. I nodded. Octy looked like she was gonna faint.

She’s probably scared out of her mind.

"You know we wouldn't hurt you, Octavia," I said reassuring her and putting a hoof on her cheek.

"Oh, you two make such a vonderful couple!" I heard mom say from behind us. I quickly dropped my hoof, embarrassed.

Moooooom, come ooooooooon.

Octy suddenly got pale.

"I assure you that Vinyl and I are nothing of the sort!" Octy stuttered, putting her hooves up defensively.

"Give it a rest, Octy,” I sighed. “They already know.”

She looked back at my parents and they nodded at her. I could see her finally starting to relax.

We were all friends here. My parents weren’t gonna disown her because she liked mares. She didn’t have to pretend that she didn’t. Everything was cool.

"So, you are the filly who has stolen my daughter's heart!" Dad dramatically exclaimed, looking her over. "Very classy. Quite the catch, dearie!" He winked at me, tilting his shades.

"Thanks dad!" I said beaming at him.

"So very nice... to meet you both..." Octy said faintly.

“So… breakfast?” I asked looking at all of them.