• Published 18th Dec 2021
  • 2,745 Views, 38 Comments

Murder, She Tried - Dewdrops on the Grass



Wallflower tries repeatedly to murder Sunset. She doesn't expect Sunset to flirt back. Hearthswriting 2021. You get to choose the ending!

  • ...
16
 38
 2,745

Victory

"Oh my goodness," Sunset grunted as she gazed at the knife, stars in her eyes. "What did you do..."

Sunset’s breath stuck in her throat as she saw a figure arise from beneath the table. No mask this time. It was Wallflower, her hand squarely on the hilt of the dagger embedded in her belly. A sick, twisted smile decorated Wallflower’s face. “I told you,” she said as she twisted the knife, making Sunset gasp. "I told you I'd kill you."

“Oh… oh wow, Wally, I…” Sunset swallowed noisily, her breaths coming faster, her body slick with sweat as she grew weak in the knees. She flailed with her arms, pirouetting for a nearby chair and missing it entirely, falling to the floor with a thump. "This is... so... so extreme... you're making me feel so faint..."

Wallflower paused. "What?"

Sunset giggled like a loon, all grins as she stared up at Wallflower. Her vision swam before her. "I can't believe how good this feels."

Wallflower froze, her eyes bulging. "What."

Sunset's throat gurgled as she let out a belly-shaking laugh, sending her into a coughing fit. "It's all I've ever dreamed..."

Wallflower's face turned greener than ever. "Excuse me?!"

"Just... gotta... there!" Sunset let out a pained cry as she placed her hand on the hilt of the knife and thrust it in as far as it would embed. "Oooooh gooooosh..."

Wallflower's jaw dropped as she fell onto her knees, her hair falling around her shoulders with the ends laying on Sunset's stomach. "What... what the hell are you..."

Sunset's vision greyed out, leaving only the slightest view of Wallflower. That gorgeous emerald hair framing her perfect, slender face. She reached up and stroked Wallflower's cheek. “Guess you’re…finally inside me… huh?”

With one last smile, the light faded from Sunset's eyes as she passed away.

Wallflower slapped her hands to her face. "WHAT THE FU–"

Author's Note:

Wow, Sunset sure is wacky, huh? But then, you did pick the Comedy ending. :rainbowlaugh:

This was a fun prompt to write for. When I first conceived the story, this was how I wanted to end, with Sunset blurting that ridiculous line and Wallflower freaking out. Then my dark, twisted side got a hold of it and wrote the horror version of the ending, pronouncing that good, at least until my prereaders said "hey wait maybe this is too dark for a gift."

So I thought why not give the story three endings then, since there's three tags? And that's what I've done. Feel free to check the other two out.

Anygay, thank you for reading and I hope you enjoyed! :twilightsmile: