• Published 16th Sep 2012
  • 13,701 Views, 1,965 Comments

The War of 1002 - Fireheart 1945



A young man with a love of military history and MLP;FIM finds himself dragged into Equestria.

  • ...
85
 1,965
 13,701

PreviousChapters Next
Side Chapter 3; Letter

Dear Mom and Dad,

The war has taken a better turn since I last wrote. We now have enough soldiers and machines to fight the enemy. Unfortunately, the foe isn't keen on leaving. It's not going to be easy. The enemy has more veterans than we do, and despite their previous losses, they're well dug in. Hopefully, if all goes well, the war will be over soon, but I dare not go into detail with mail that can be intercepted.

I miss home, more than I thought I could. Don't get me wrong, I love being here, but it's not home. And I never thought that, if I ever did manage to come here, that much of my time would be spent killing and thinking up ways to kill other beings. This land was depicted as so peaceful in the show. Things are a bit different, or more than a bit. War isn't entire extinct here, as so many would believe. I've been enthusiastic about beating the snot out of people who invade other countries. In a way, I still am. But taking the life of any sapient being, even if they aren't human, isn't easy, physically, mentally, or spiritually. At the time, I brush off the feeling; it's that or die. But afterward, it hits me. Thank the Lord I am not a drinking man, or else after every battle I'd be a wreck, and risk making other people wrecks, too.

I hate this stupid war. Don't get me wrong; as I said before, I love being here, and I love this place and all the ponies... but I hate the war, and the stupid wretch who started it. Curse the Griffon King and his evil officers. But I have a war to fight. I promised I'd help, and may I be cursed before all men if I do not fulfill my oath to the fullest that I can. Too many have died to quit now.

I love you both, and I hope you both remain safe, at least until I return.

Love,

your son,

James.

PreviousChapters Next