• Published 1st Dec 2021
  • 7,126 Views, 1,003 Comments

Cinematic Adventures: How the Grinch Stole Christmas - extremeenigma02



The Mane Six, Spike, and Starlight Glimmer are off on another adventure into the Multiverse. This time they find themselves in the small town of Whoville where the citizens are being terrorized by the Christmas hating creature known as the Grinch

  • ...
12
 1,003
 7,126

Whobilation Pt 3

Back in Whoville, as the Whobilation was underway, Cindy Lou and her Equestrian friends all stood together in almost disappointed and sadness. The festivities were nearly over, and the Grinch still hadn’t shown up (Not even to claim his award). It seemed his hatred for Christmas was indeed far greater than they could ever have imagined.

“Well, I guess that’s it,” Starlight sighed disappointed. “He’s not coming…”

“Why are you so bummed Starlight?” Rainbow asked. “It’s not your fault the not-so-jolly green giant didn’t want to come.”

“I know, but I just hoped he would.”

“Why?”

Starlight closed her eyes with a heavy sigh before facing all her friends.

“I care so much because when I look at the Grinch, it was like looking at myself all those years ago,” Starlight explained. “Back when I didn’t ‘care’ about Hearth’s Warming Eve at all.”

Twilight Sparkle approached her apprentice/friend and placed a comforting hoof over her shoulders.

“You were hoping he’d change his mind like we changed yours?” She asked.

Starlight merely nodded her head in response.

“That was a noble effort Starlight dear,” Rarity spoke up. “But I’m afraid you can’t make ‘everyone’ change the way they view things.”

“If the Grinch wants tah sit up on that there mountain and be some stickler we can’t change that,” Applejack added.

All we can do is try to spread the joy and jubilation both Christmas and Hearths Warming brings to every pony,” Fluttershy smiled.

Just then, Pinie Pie and Tubby Nugget popped out of nowhere with trays of freshly baked Christmas cookies.

“Not to mention the super-duper tasty treats it offers,” Pinkie said happily. “There’s chocolate chip, peanut butter, snickerdoodles, oatmeal, macadamia nut…”

“We get it Pinkie!” Spike interrupted.

“I love, love, love, love everything about this special time of year!” Tubby said, snuggling Pinkie’s head.

Meanwhile, up on the stage, Mayor May-Who continued to address the crowd gathered at the Whobilation.

“Well I guess the award goes to the runner-up,” He spoke, with false disappointment.

“That’s right!” Whobris spoke up. “A man for whom Christmas comes not once a year but every minute of every day!”

While Whobris built up May-Who, the way an architect constructs a pedestal, the mayor himself just smiled in faux surprise.

“A handsome, noble man. A man who’s had his tonsils removed twice!”

Hearing this made a bunch of Who’s snicker (And perhaps a pony or two). May-Who, on the other hand, merely laughed nervously.

“That’s actually a funny story,” He spoke nervously. “You see what happened was…”

But before the Mayor could finish that sentence, the sound of rumbling drew everyone’s attention to the ‘Dumpit to Crumpit’ bin which slowly opened. Out of that bin, the Grinch flew out screaming as he soared across the sky and crashed into a giant drum. The impact of which caused him to fly backwards and ricochet off a giant banner which propelled him forward right into Martha May. Both went crashing down upon the cold floor, with Martha looking heavily shocked especially by the manner of Grinch’s… landing.

“Hello Martha,” The Grinch muffled a greeting.

“He made it!” Cindy yelled happily.

“Well… that’s certainly one way to make an entrance,” Twilight observed.

“Eh, I’ve done better,” Rainbow shrugged.

“Cindy! Honey!” Cindy’s parents called out.

The parents didn’t very far when the Grinch quickly reeled himself up, sending every Who reeling back with shock and fear. While Martha laid back on the floor, catching her breath, Mayor May Who slowly approached from the stand. But the moment the Grinch turned around, facing the Mayor directly, the head Who himself froze. The Grinch slowly climbed the steps toward the podium, a gasp escaped the mouths of every Who with each step.

Slowly, the Grinch turned toward the gazing crowd with a sour, grinchy scowl. All the Who’s, even the Equestrians, eyed him nervously waiting anxiously to hear what the Grinch had to say. The Grinch’s eyes scanned the crowd silently and no one dared to break the silence. The few Who’s the Grinch’s eyes caught sight he seemed to recall them from his childhood while all the rest are relatively new. A few agonizing seconds passed until at last the Grinch uttered a single syllable…

“Boo!”

One word was more than enough for the Who’s to reel back with fear. Even Fluttershy squeaked nervously before hiding behind Rarity, shivering more than the cold around her. And yet the Grinch merely just stood on the podium, staring at the crowd.

“Tough crowd… tough crowd…” The Grinch muttered. “I believe I’m here to… accept an ‘award’ of some kind. And… the ‘child’… mentioned a check?”

The Grinch held out one hairy paw towards the young Who girl and the Equestrians faced her with an incredulous look.

“You paid the Grinch to actually show up?!” Pinkie gasped.

“No, I didn’t!” Cindy objected.

“Pinkie Pie, we were all at the cave when we asked him to come,” Starlight frowned, in annoyance.

*WHA! WHA! WHA!*

A nearby trombone player blew out those three notes in the background, while Pinkie Pie stood in an awkward pose surrounded by her friends.

“I knew that…” Pinkie smiled awkwardly.

“All right, then, give me the award!” The Grinch demanded impatiently. “Come on, while I’m young!”

“Don’t you worry, Mr. Holiday Cheermeister, you’ll get your award,” Mayor May-Who assured. “But first… a little ‘family reunion’!”

“Where’s he going with this?” Spike asked.

“They nursed you… they clothed you… here they are: Your old biddies!” The Mayor announced.

All eyes turned as an eruption of fanfare bellowed throughout the streets. Strolling casually through the crowd, Clarnella and Rose Who slowly approached the podium all giddy and happy to be reunited with the very Grinch they raised as their own Who offspring. Suffice to say, the Grinch himself was not entirely ‘pleased’ to see the pair.

“Are you two still living?” The Grinch asked.

“We missed you!” Rose squealed, much to The Grinch’s disgust.

“Rose, the sweater!” Clarnella ushered. “The Sweater, Rose.”

“Sweater? What are you talkin’ about?” The Grinch asked.

And then before the eyes of all the Who’s and the Equestrians, Rose took out a hand-knit Christmas sweater and presented it toward the Grinch. Before he realized it, all the other elderly female Who’s approached the podium to ‘help’ him into the sweater much to his objections.

“No, I can’t! I can’t do that! Don’t touch me there!”

In a matter of swift seconds and struggle, the Who’s paved way and before everyone’s eyes the Grinch was now decked in the new holiday sweater. With Candy Cane sleeves and a huge Christmas tree with a star right in the very center. As if it couldn’t be big enough, the ‘ornaments’ on the tree glowed with gleaming lights. The grumpy Grinch looked down and shrieked with horror at the display before him. The one Equestrian actually feeling for the Grinch was Rainbow Dash herself, who’s face scrunched with disgust at the design.

“That has got to be the ‘ugliest’ Christmas sweater I’ve ever seen…” Rainbow remarked.

“Oh yes…” Rarity smiled. “Isn’t it just lovely?”

Several eyes turned toward the fashionista, who kept her gaze upon the sweater. Leave it to their marshmallow friend to take delight in anything fashion related.

“Put him in the Chair of Cheer!” A random Who announced.

All of a sudden, a few Who’s made their way toward the Podium carrying a throne of sorts toward the Grinch. To say the dude was confused was a major understatement.

“Chair of Cheer? What’s the Chair of Cheer?” He asked, facing the group. “You didn’t tell me about the Chair of Cheer!”

“We didn’t know about the Chair of Cheer!” Spike called out.

“Please, Mr. Grinch!” Cindy Lou begged. “Please!”

“It’ll be fun!” Tubby cheered.

Soon all the Who’s had the ‘Chair of Cheer’ ready for the Holiday Cheermeister to take his seat. But The Grinch was not making it easy for these Who’s.

“No, no, no! I can’t do it, honestly,” The Grinch insisted. “I’m not ready. It’s too much, too soon!”

But the Who’s plopped the Grinch onto the chair anyway, much to his chagrin. And soon the Who’s were hauling the Grinch all the way through the streets of town, while everyone else looked on and cheered for their Holiday Cheermeister.

“It’s that time of year!” The Mayor announced. “The Cheermeister’s ride in the Chair of Cheer!”

“Put me down! I mean it!” The Grinch shouted. “I’ve got a lawyer. There’ll be Hell to pay!”

“He’s not enjoying himself,” Twilight observed worriedly.

Maaaaybe it gets better later on?” Pinkie Pie guessed.

“First, you’ll put your taste buds to the test… as you judge the ‘Who Pudding Cook-Off’!” The Mayor announced.

“Who Pudding Cook-Off!” Whobris repeated.

“A WHO… PUDDING… COOK-OFF!!!” Pinkie Pie gasped.

<>

Sure enough, the Who Pudding contest was underway. Who’s across the town shared a spoonful of their signature Pudding dish forcibly down the Grinch’s mouth. The poor fellow found himself forced to swallow every serving of every different color of pudding imaginable… or the like he hardly ever tasted before.

“Mine first!” A Who shouted.

“I really don’t know…” The Grinch muttered, between bites.

“No, mine’s the best!” Another Who offered.

“You’ll enjoy this!”

“This is ‘not’ pudding!” An elder Who offered.

“What is it?” The Grinch asked, spitting it out.

“What the hay even is that?” Rainbow asked, from the sidelines.

A few servings later, the poor Grinch was practically in tears trying to stomach every spoonful of the sickening sweet pudding these Who’s can dish out. Even when he refused to eat any more, the Who’s kept shoving their recipes down his throat determined to have the best Pudding in town.

“This is mine! Yummy, yummy, yummy!”

“Aww… lucky!!!” Pinkie Pie whimpered, lips quivering.

<>

“Christmas conga!”

True to the event, all the Who’s (And the Equestrians) were all dancing a holiday rendition of the ‘Conga’ line all across the streets. And who else should lead this most festive dance, whether he liked it or not, was the Holiday Cheermeister himself… the Grinch. While everyone was having a blast (Especially a certain pink party pony), the Grinch tried to find a way out of this.

“Look at the time,” The Grinch checked his wrist. “I really should be getting back—AAH!”

“C’mon, Grinchy!” Pinkie shouted gleefully. “Shake a hoof!”

“All right!” The Grinch shouted, forcing himself to dance.

In the midst of all the excitement, as they danced the night away, Rarity caught a glimpse of something off the corner of her eye. From the sidelines, Martha May looked on as the Conga line passed those looking on. She was watching the Grinch taking the lead, her head bobbing along the sides to the beat. Without a word, and being keen to detail, Rarity nodded with a ‘Hmm…’ knowing full well what was on that one Who’s mind.

<>

“Fruitcake, tra-la-la!”

As if the Grinch couldn’t think to stomach anymore sweets, now these same Who’s were offering their fresh-baked pieces of fruitcake for him to try. Try as he might to refuse, muttering ‘No’ between bites, they kept shoving all that fruitcake down his throat forcing him to swallow even the crumbs. It didn’t help that he was soon brought back onto the ‘Chair of Cheer’, the Who’s hopping him up and down as he tried to keep his ‘lunch’ from coming out the front end.

<>

“Fudge Judge!”

The poor Grinch looked worse for wear by the time that the fudge judging portion of this event was underway. Judging by the very expression upon his face, he looked as though he were about to explode at any time. Oblivious of well-being, the Who’s carried on with the festitivites. Each of which brought their own fudge recipe for the Grinch to try. Some more ‘interesting’ than others.

“Made it myself!”

“Yeah? Mine are homemade too!”

By this point, the Grinch didn’t even bother to object to the Who’s offerings (Though he tried to take a bite against a Who’s hand). He welcomed all the fudge these Who’s could dish out at him, trying all his might to fit as much as his jaw can hold. From the sidelines, poor Pinkie Pie found herself hyperventilating seeing the Grinch having all the ‘fun’ while her friends tried to keep her steady.

“Why does this guy get ‘all’ the best offerings?!” Pinkie whined, pawing the ground.

“Okay! Put it in!” The Grinch challenged. “Bring it on! Is that all you got? Is that all you got? Come on!”

<>

“And finally… ‘Nog-All’!”

The very last portion of these food-related challenges, much to the Grinch’s relief, seemed very simple enough. All the Grinch had to do was consume as much Eggnog these Who’s could serve to him. One particular Who proceeded to pour down a large serving of the beverage down a contraption where the drink flowed down a tube, which in turn led to the Grinch’s mouth. The Grinch forced himself to swallow all the eggnog down his throat guzzling it down despite his already portly stomach expanding greatly by the hour.

The Equestrians watched this display before their eyes and some mixed emotions came out of it. Some of Twilight’s friends were astounded the Grinch could stomach this much, while others looked sick to their stomach. Ponies like Pinkie Pie, on the other hand, were rather envious seeing the Grinch partake in this event. And somehow, the Grinch was able to swallow the entire serving of eggnog much to the awe of all the Who’s at the gathering.

“The ole Whoville record… HAS JUST BEEN BROKEN!!!”

All the Who’s and the Equestrians cheered for the Grinch, a feat which a few of the ponies find rather perplexing. The Who serving all the Eggnog, a member of the Whoville band, shrugged his arms with a smile.

“I guess I can’t hold on the crown forever!”

“That’s it!” Pinkie shouted, taking out a paper. “I’m adding a new goal onto my list for next year!”

“Pinkie, y’all really need a new hobby…” Applejack remarked.

And a good thing this was the very last of the eating portion for this Whobilation because seeing the Grinch back on the throne, clutching his stomach, he looked as if he were forcing himself not to throw up. But just in case, Pinkie passed along a few umbrella hats to the group and prepped them open… in case of sickness emergencies.

<>

Soon the Whobilation sack race was now underway with the holiday Cheermeister himself competing against the Who’s (Mostly the children). The Grinch was actively determined to win this race barreling past all the participants. Course these Who youngsters weren’t the only ones playing, few of the Equestrians actually took part in the race to get in on the fun. Course, neither one counted on the fact that the Grinch turned out to be ‘very’ competitive.

“Out of the way, slow-mo!” The Grinch shouted, shoving Spike.

“WAAAAH!!!” Spike cried out.

The dragon was shoved so hard he was flung from his bag into the gathered crowd. Fortunately for him, Twilight Sparkle was able to catch her assistant/brother with her wings opened like a net. While Spike recovered, his eyes rolling with visions of the Grinch, Twilight looked on as the contestants neared the end of the race.

“Excuse me!” Grinch said, bumping Rarity.

“GOOD HEAVENS!!!” Rarity shouted, falling aside.

Finally, by the end of the race, the Grinch gave himself one massive hop and practically flung himself over the finish line. All the Who’s cheered, including Cindy Lou and her family, even the few Equestrians gave a shrug and clapped their hooves for the Grinch. Martha May nearly cried out loud seeing the Grinch won, but she stopped herself before drawing too much attention. As the Who’s helped the Grinch to his feet, one of the Who’s presented the first place ribbon for their Cheermeister.

“He’s number one in the sack race run!”

“Number one! I’m number one!” The Grinch cried out. “I’m number one! NO child can beat the Grinch! I beat you!”

As the Grinch celebrated his own triumph, passing all the losing participants, the one the Grinch called out was none other than a grumpy Rainbow Dash. Being teased in such a manner, the feisty Pegasus was more than tempted to give the Grinch a good bop on the nose. Which she would’ve gotten away with if not for Applejack and Starlight Glimmer holding her back.

“Just let him have this one hon!” Applejack urged. “Let ‘em have it!”

“I… hate… losing!” Rainbow muttered.

But regardless of the circumstances, this was a big night for the Grinch indeed. Whether he knew it or not, he was bathing in all the cheer and praise, along with all the benefits, of being Holiday Cheermeister. He truly felt on top of the world more so than in his own home in Mount Crumpit. Watching the Grinch make a spectacle of himself, the Mayor looked on with annoyance seeing the way he carried himself off and all these Who’s buying into it.

Eventually, the Grinch found himself back on the pedestal beside Mayor May-Who himself. By now, the Grinch had a wreath like hat over his head which he wore like a crown. And he didn’t mind it in the slightest, as it somehow made him feel like a King. The Whobilation was reaching its end which could only mean one thing…

“And now it’s time for the moment we’ve all been waiting for,” The Mayor declared.

“Yes! My award!” The Grinch smirked. “Write the check.”

“There’s no check.”

“Are you sure? Because I thought I heard someone mention a check.”

“I said, there’s no check!” The Mayor repeated, annoyed. “And now it’s time… for Present Pass-it-on! As always, we start with our Cheermeister.”

With the announcement of Present Pass-It On, all the Who’s gathered together to form one big circle that nearly took up a fraction of the town. Wanting to get in on the action, the Equestrians decided to join in on the event to take part in the holiday tradition. Based on keen observation, they noted that each of the Who’s had a present of their own which apparently was a requirement to offer to the Who (Friend or neighbor) beside them.

“Oh my!” Fluttershy gasped. “Seems in our excitement, we forgot to bring presents!”

“Got ya covered there, Fluttershy!” Pinkie smiled.

She reached into her hoof and proceeded to pull out a present for each of her friends one by one.

“I always keep a few presents handy… in case of ‘Present’ emergencies!”

By this point, neither the ponies nor Spike bother to question Pinkie Pie’s antics as if suggesting moments like this don’t really surprise the group anymore.

“Ready?” The Mayor asked. “Here we go! And… Martha May Who.”

Martha May proceeded to kick-off the event by offering her present to the Who next to her (In which case, the only police officer in town). She gave the Who a ‘Merry Christmas’ to which the Who Officer thanked kindly. The process would proceed with this Who, followed by the next and next. Each Who receiving a present from the Who next to them, wishing one another a Merry Christmas along the way. The Grinch looked on twiddling his fingers when he noticed Martha May facing him. He chuckled nervously toward the practically perfect Who.

Present Pass It On…” The Grinch smiled. “I ‘almost’ forgot!”

But judging by the poor attempt of searching himself for a gift or two, the truth of the matter was quite contrary to his initial saying.

“He forgot about ‘Present Pass It On’ didn’t he?” Spike asked.

“Eeyup!” The group answered, in unison.

Present Pass-It On was going about at a near rapid pace, presents passed along from one to the other. A zany process indeed that a Who practically hurled a present to one off a ledge overlooking the city and it proceeded from there. The whole time the Grinch searched himself trying to find a means of presenting a ‘gift’ of sorts for Martha May, who every so often chanced a glimpse toward the zany creature doing all these silly things beside her. The Grinch could see time was running out, the presents were slowly making their way toward his direction. Even the Equestrians looked on nervously wondering how the Grinch would squirm his way out of this one.

By the end of the line, it all came down to the Grinch and the Mayor gestured for him to pass his gift to Martha.

“My turn?” The Grincha sked sheepishly.

Quick as a whip he held his left furry hand and in his grasp… was the fanciest looking watch in all of Whoville.

“There you are Martha,” The Grinch smiled. “Sorry I didn’t have time to wrap it!”

“That’s my watch!” The Mayor spoke, taking it back.

“Oh, so all of a sudden everything on your wrist belongs to you?” The Grinch asked, mockingly. “Well then you better take back your cufflinks too!”

The Grinch threw the tiny bits of jewelry back toward the Mayor, to which he in turn handed to Whobris for safe keeping. The Equestrians groaned at the display, slapping themselves in the face with their hooves/claws. Mayor May-Who decided to take advantage of this rather awkward scene.

“He got nothing!” The Mayor announced.

“That’s not true!” The Grinch objected. “I, um… ordered from the catalog. But they’re all backed up and… stuff.”

“Don’t worry about a thing, Mr. Carrey!” Pinkie called out. “I’m sure I’ve got a spare gift you can share with Martha! Lemme just—”

Pinkie Pie reached into her mane, but her face showed confusion as she swiveled her hoof through her mane. She seemed to be struggling to reach for something, a rare thing to occur for a pony of Pinkie’s character. She proceeded to shake her tail around as if thinking she left it in there (For… reasons). But all she seemed to accomplish was make herself looked sillier in front of all the Who’s staring awkwardly. Watching this, The Grinch slowly leaned toward the Mayor’s side.

“I seriously never met her before in my life…” The Grinch muttered awkwardly.

“Well, don’t worry,” The Mayor assured. “We brought something ‘for you’.”

“Wut in tarnation is that there Mayor up to?” Applejack wondered.

“I’ve got a bad feeling about this…” Starlight spoke nervously.

Whobris offered a gold present toward the Grinch, who cheered with glee. He proceeded to lift the lid right off the box and tipped the box into his open palm. The glee on his face dropped instantly the moment he recognized what he carried in his clutch… an all too familiar electric razor from his childhood.

“The gift… of a Christmas shave,” The Mayor concluded.

All the Who’s suddenly broke out in laughter, either because it was a rather funny joke, or it reminded several of them of that one particular day at school when the Grinch lived amongst them. The Equestrians and Cindy Lou turned toward each other nervously. They recalled the story of what drove the Grinch to madness, and they could tell the Grinch was not happy. The moment the Grinch pushed the button, watching the razor blades whir rapidly, it took him back to the ‘worst’ Christmas of his entire life…

Look at that hack job!

The infamous words that started it all. He remembered holding that same razor blade up to one side of his face, determined to shave the beard off just to look his best for all his classmates… and especially Martha. He remembered the painful sensation of the blades cutting the skin on his face, as he shaved every bit of hair he could. He remembered the faces of every classmate of his laughing at him, mocking him, Augustus May being the worst of them all. He remembered every emotion he felt that day: Anger, confusion… sadness. Every negative emotion happening to him all at once. Memories the Grinch longed to forget, only to be reminded of what led him to hate Christmas.

“Ah yes, yes, yes, good times!” The Mayor smiled, patting the Grinch’s back. “Good times.”

All around the Who’s kept laughing, and just when he couldn’t do anymore, the Mayor proceeded to rub an extra bit of salt on whatever wound he opened on the Grinch.

“And now, I have a little something for the love of my life.”

The Who’s suddenly went silent as a drumroll proceeded to play. Whobris proceeded to pass a tiny box into the Mayor’s hand, as the Mayor proceeded to bend on one knee before Martha May who looked rather surprised by the turn of events. The Grinch stood on the side, watching with anger as the Mayor proceeded to slowly open the box and reveal the special surprise he has for the dazzling Who woman: A dazzling wedding ring.

“Martha May… please become Mrs. Augustus May-Who!” The Mayor proposed.

Everyone gathered gasped with shock, but none more so than the Grinch who realized what the Mayor was doing… right in front of him. The sight of the ring nearly took Martha’s breath away, for this was no ordinary wedding ring. It appeared to have three diamonds, one on top of the other, as if Augustus spared no expense with finding the ring he ‘knew’ Martha couldn’t resist. There it sat glittering under the holiday decorations, Martha couldn’t take her eyes away.

“Augustus…” Martha uttered.

For a moment, Martha turned away from the ring and she was silent again. The Grinch eyed her with shock, thinking that she was actually going to say ‘yes’ despite all the feelings he had for her. As if being Holiday Cheermeister meant nothing to her… that the Grinch had attended this whole party… for nothing. No words could best express how the ponies feel seeing the Grinch in this position, shaking their heads as they felt empathy for the green furry creature.

“If you agree to be my wife,” The Mayor continued. “Along with a lifetime supply of happiness, you’ll also receive this…”

Suddenly, the proposal suddenly turned into one big extravaganza. With music playing like something out a game show, the Mayor beckoned toward the street where a shiny red Who car sat in full display for all eyes to gaze upon (Especially Martha’s eyes). Whobris stood beside it basking his arms over the car like it’s the most beautiful treasure worth buying.

“It’s a new car!” The Mayor announced. “Generously provided by the taxpayers of Whoville! What do you say, Martha? You got 20 seconds on the clock.”

"What is this? A Price is Right episode?" Pinkie remarked.

True to his word, the Whoville band started to play a jingle indicating to Martha how much time she has to decide. All the Who’s waited anxiously to hear what decision Martha was bound to declare for them all. Just then, Starlight Glimmer caught a glimpse of the Grinch slowly making his way toward the crowd and inching right to the car.

“What’re you doing?” Starlight thought.

“Well… I…” Martha spoke. “These gifts are quite dazzling~”

Before Martha could give her answer, a loud, grating *SCREECH!* was heard throughout the crowd like a nail harshly scraping against the chalkboard. Every Who and pony turned toward the source A long, green hairy finger digging against the red paintjob of the Mayor’s gift to Martha. Soon as the finger pulled away, all eyes now faced the Grinch, their Holiday Cheermeister, scowling toward the crowd.

Of course, they are…” The Grinch growled.

All went silent almost instantaneously, no Who knew just what to say in response. Starlight Glimmer, on the other hoof, was the first to approach the Grinch.

“Is everything okay?” She asked nervously. “Look… I know how it must look, but—”

“I’m… just… peachy, pony!” The Grinch calmly enunciated.

Starlight Glimmer reeled back from the heavy emphasis on the ‘P’s’, all the spit flying toward her direction. As he cleaned herself up, the Grinch slowly stalked toward the podium.

“I mean… that’s what it’s all about, isn’t it?” He remarked uncharacteristically happily. “It’s what it’s ALWAYS been about!”

The Grinch started laughing as he slowly walked towards the crowd.

“Gifts! Gifts…”

His approach toward the Who’s sped up along with the tone of his voice. By now it became much gruffer, as he pointed toward every single Who, frightening them.

Giftsgiftsgiftsgiftsgiftsgiftsgiftsgifts!

He slowly pulled back into a state of calmness just like that. Starlight followed the Grinch’s trail, trying to calm him down.

“Mr. Grinch, I understand you’re upset,” Starlight spoke calmly. “But maybe you should take some time to—”

MAYBE you should let your ‘Holiday Snoremeister’ have his say, nag!”

The force of the Grinch’s voice propelled Starlight directly into a nearby snowbank before the Grinch turned his attention back to the Mayor and Martha.

“Now… back… to your… gifts,” He scowled. “You wanna know what happens to ‘em? They all come to me… in your garbage. You hear what I’m saying? IN YOUR GARBAGE!

“I could hang myself with all the bad Christmas neckties I found at the dump!”

As he mimicked holding a noose around his neck, his gaze never left the pair standing at the podium.

“And the avarice…” The Grinch pointed, ranting. “THE AVARICE NEVER ENDS! I mean, really! I want golf clubs! I want diamonds! I want a pony, so I can ride it twice, get bored, and sell it to make GLUE!”

The Grinch’s pantomime of the Who’s, an attempt at proving his point, made everyone around him gasp out loud. The loudest of all were Fluttershy and Pinkie Pie, the pair fainting over the thought of ponies turned into glue. Twilight and Rarity tried to revive them as they kept their eyes on the Grinch. To say ponies like Rainbow Dash was confused was a major understatement.

“What do you suppose he meant by that?” Rainbow whispered to Applejack.

“Who knows?” Applejack replied, uncertainly. “Probably just another bout of Grinchy hooey. Best not think on it~”

“Look, I don’t wanna make waves,” The Grinch continued. “But this WHOLE CHRISTMAS SEASON IS… STUPID, STUPID, STUPID!!!

With every ‘stupid’ uttered, The Grinch pointed toward the faces of every random Who in sight. The crowd fell silent of his hatemongering outburst, beginning to remember why they were so afraid of the Grinch in the first place. Even Cindy, Twilight, and the others felt afraid compared to the Grinch’s previous efforts to scare them prior.

Suddenly… the Grinch’s anti-holiday rant turned more… appreciative, in tone.

“There is, however… one… teeny-tiny, Christmas tradition… I find quite… meaningful…”

Once the Grinch was close enough, he plucked the holly from Martha May’s ring box before facing the crowd and hung the holly over his head.

“Mistletoe… an unspoiled, ever-living holiday symbol of love… Who-hood… and friendship…”

There was a sense of confusion as they were wondering where the Grinch was going with all this.

“And we all know what happens when you catch someone under it, don’t we?” The Grinch asked slowly. “Now PUCKER UP AND KISS IT, WHOVILLE!”

And just like, he turned away while waving the holly over his own… well, behind. This uttered great shock from the crowd as Martha May, and especially Rarity, fainted from such a crude action with a once-innocent Christmas decoration.

As the Grinch pushed the town over following his little mistletoe-based insult, he grabbed ahold of the Mayor and used his ‘gifted’ razor to shear the middle of his head leaving him partially bald as his victim screamed with fear.

“Uh-oh. Someone’s… FABULOUS!” The Grinch exclaimed.

He proceeded to land one disgusting smooch on the paralyzed Mayor’s cheek before spitting it out and shoved him aside.

The Whoville Whobilation turned to a night of horror, festively dressed Who’s tried to run away from their very worst nightmare. All the while, the Whoville law enforcement tried in vain to calm the public into leaving in an orderly fashion. The Grinch, in the meantime, tossed away his Cheermeister crown and tore away his Christmas sweater, revealing the lederhosen he came down wearing. He then jumped off the podium and towards the Who’s, causing them to scatter in sheer terror.

The Lou Who’s were so busy trying to get their daughter to safety, they completely ignored her pleas to not do so. The ponies did the same for their frightened friends, while Spike tried to find them through the sea of frightened Who’s. The Grinch caught sight of a long-bearded Who, walking towards him and pulling his beard over like a scarf.

“Excuse me, old-timer!”

The Grinch grabbed an ‘XXX’ bottle from the elder Who’s satchel.

“Mind if I wet my whistle?”

Before the old man Who could answer, the Grinch popped the cork to pour the contents down his cheeks and tossed the bottle onto the ground, breaking it.

“That’s my good stuff!” The elder Who complained.

Meanwhile, Spike just spotted Twilight and the others. Just as he was about to rush towards them, the Grinch caught the dragon by the back of his neck and pulled him towards his captor.

“Hey kid… got a light?” The Grinch asked.

“What are you talking abo--?”

Before Spike could retaliate, the Grinch stomped on his foot and the dragon uttered a painful howl while green fire came out on reflex. The Grinch spat out the ‘Christmas Cheer’ through the flame towards the giant Whoville tree, fully igniting it and setting it ablaze to the horror of the Who’s and ponies, especially the ones slowly reviving from their fainting spells.

As they gasped and watched, the green flames climbed further up the tree before fully engulfing it and the flammable décor.

“Burn, baby… BURN!” The Grinch shouted.

Soon as the flames capped off the top of the tree, all that remained was a charred trunk and branches, a few surviving ornaments, and the tarnished star tree topper. The remnants briefly held their height before falling apart, the star falling down with a great *CLANG!*, all as the Grinch danced happily and clapped his hands, dropping the drained Spike, whose muzzle was slightly charred and smoky, his inner fire temporarily burned out from his involuntary fire breathing. The Who’s soon resumed their fleeing of the scene of seasonal carnage.

Martha, who just regained consciousness, was for a moment stunned.

“Oh wow…” She gaped, dazed.

The Grinch relished the absolute chaos he was creating, waving his arms in the air.

OH… THE WHOMANITY~!” He cried out, with false pity.

And just like that, the Grinch made his dramatic exit and raptured over having ruined their celebrations so effectively.

“Do something!” The Mayor instructed Whobris.

“Right!” He replied.

Whobris rushed off leaving the Mayor t watch the Grinchy carnage. He heard the sound of the razor and turned to the side… spotting Whobris taking the razor and shaving the middle of his head off like May Who’s. The Mayor internally groaned over the incompetence of his own aide. They were drawbacks, after all, for putting a sycophant Who in an elected office.

“The Grinch is getting away!” Twilight Sparkle called out.

“We’ve got to catch him!” Starlight urged. “He’s our ticket to finding Cozy Glow!”

“Oh, we’re on it!” Rainbow took off. “C’mon Fluttershy!”

“Oh my goodness! Oh my goodness!” Fluttershy whimpered, flying after her.

The Grinch raced through the streets of Whoville, as police officers called out for reinforcements to find and capture the delinquent Grinch. Looking across the street for a means of escape, he spotted a passing cab coming down the road.

“Taxi!” The Grinch raised a hand.

But the taxi driver nearly sped away from the Grinch, as he frowned in his spot.

“It’s because I’m green, isn’t it?”

The Grinch scoured the streets, as all the Who’s ran passed him. He saw a mode of transportation weaving its way toward him and he held out one hand before him.

“Halt!”

The car screeched to a halt… a rather tiny Who mobile, made for Who’s many inches smaller than the normal sized Who. The kind of car that looked more like something a kid would drive with a remote control. The tiny Who couple stared in fear towards the gigantic Grinch.

“Evening, folks,” The Grinch greeted. “Mind if I read along? You might want to scooch over.”

The Grinch prepped himself to sit his ‘caboose’ into the seat of the car. The tiny Who’s screeched wildly and fled in sheer terror, as the Grinch sat himself along the entire car with a sigh.

“You did the right thing!” The Grinch called out.

The Grinch prepared to start the car when Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy spotted him from the air.

“THERE HE IS!!!” Rainbow called out.

Skidding onto the street, Applejack appeared from behind the Grinch and with the lasso in her mouth she twirled it about over her head. After a few seconds, she hurled the lasso with a mighty ‘YEE-HAW!’ and the rope slipped around the tiny car wrapping on tightly. The Grinch turned toward the country pony for a moment, sneering while waving his tongue at her. Then he put the ‘pedal to the metal’ and skid the car at a rapid pace forward. Applejack tried to pull the rope back with all her might only to find herself skidding along with her hooves against the snow like a water skier.

“Out of the way!” The Grinch waved a hand.

The Who’s tried desperately to get out of the way, amidst all the chaos of the Whobilation rampage. Applejack held onto the lasso tightly as the Grinch drove on the stolen Who auto. Several Who’s had to jump out of the way to avoid the Grinch, while one landed face-first against the window of another car. Just then, the Grinch soared high over a hill with Applejack holding on. They screamed until the Grinch rammed through one of the Who’s homes…

Inside, a certain Whovillian was on hold with the phone over her ear. For a moment, the Grinch drove by with Applejack now lying on a loose door with her mouth clutched against the rope. He backed up a bit to address the Who, a Who entirely devoted to her call.

“Stuck on hold?” He asked.

The Who didn’t even turn, merely nodding in response.

“I gotcha,” Grinch nodded. “Hate it when that happens.”

“Good luck with that…” Applejack spoke, dizzily.

“BANZAI!!!”

The Grinch continued to drive through the house, crashing through the other side, with Applejack holding on.

“This is gonna hurt in the mornin’…” Applejack muttered.

The Grinch turned back briefly, seeing the stubborn mare holding onto her rope. But the moment he looked ahead, his eyes went wide as he saw Pinkie Pie, with Tubby Nugget on her back, scurrying around the streets with a large tray of Who Pudding. The moment they saw the Grinch heading their way, the pair screamed with fright.

Gasping with shock, the Grinch turned the wheel heavily to avoid crashing into the random pair. But his actions sent the car spinning around the icy road and Applejack twirling round and round in the air with tears spilling from her eyes. They spun about, screaming wildly, until the car crashed, and the force sent Applejack flying into the air screaming. Rainbow Dash, quickly seeing Applejack in danger, zoomed quickly and managed to catch Applejack in her grip… before crashing into a nearby shop… full of Christmas pies. Much to Rainbow’s chagrin, while she and Applejack had a soft landing, the Pegasus found herself covered in pie crust and fruity fillings.

“Urgh…” Rainbow groaned. “Pies…”

As for the Grinch, he laid on the ground slightly unconscious while the car had just crashed into a fire hydrant. As the Grinch slowly regained consciousness, fuel started to leak from the pipes of the car and a spark caused the Grinch to reel back in an instant. For he knew what was bound to happen.

“IT’S GONNA BLOW!!!” The Grinch screamed.

The Grinch quickly got back on his feet and made a break for it, running as far from the car as possible. Fire started to erupt from the engine, as everyone around the car ran as far as they could from the area. The Grinch ran and ran, huffing and puffing, until finally the tiny Who car exploded right behind him, and the Grinch was propelled forward by an eruption of fire.

<>

Moments later, after the massive explosion and as the chaos died down, a whole bunch of Who’s stood in the town square. All eyes looked amongst all the carnage left behind by the Grinch himself. Cindy Lou, along with all her friends, stood just beside the ashes of the once giant Christmas tree until Lou came up and stood alongside May-Who and Whobris on top of the ashes.

“I’m hurt Lou,” May-Who said. “I’m hurt and I don’t hurt easy. But you and your family, I’m so very disappointed.”

“Wait a minute!” Rainbow Dash interrupted, approaching the Mayor. “Don’t pin this on Cindy! Everything was going just fine till you pulled that stunt with the razor!”

“And proposed to the girl he’s loved since childhood!” Applejack added.

“What?” Martha May asked, shocked.

“Darling, surely you’ve noticed how he acts around you,” Rarity told her. “Don’t you remember the Christmas angel he made for you at school? He made that with his own hands; if that’s not true love, I don’t know what is.”

“I can vouch for that!” Spike nodded in agreement.

“That’s enough! I’ve had it with you little creatures!” May-Who spoke angrily. “I want you lot out of my town by tomorrow!”

“Tomorrow?!” The group spoke, in unison.

“But sir… tomorrow’s Christmas!” Fluttershy argued.

“Exactly!” The Mayor nodded, putting on the crown. “And we’re going to carry on from this travesty and get back to Christmas the way it should be: Grinchless… pony-less… noexceptions!”

And just like that, he turned back toward his public shouting ‘Merry Christmas’ to all the Who’s. The ponies bowed their heads in shame, while Spike and Tubby Nugget felt especially worse. The rest of Cindy’s family, even a couple other Who’s, turned toward Cindy and her group of friends.

“I just wanted everybody to be together for Christmas,” Cindy said sadly.

“It’s not your fault Cindy,” Twilight assured her. “You did everything you could; you almost pulled it off.”

“Don’t blame yerself Sugarcube,” Applejack agreed. “If you wanna blame any pony, ya can blame that there mayor ah yers.”

“Yeah, it’s his fault all this happened!” Spike nodded. “He just couldn’t stand the fact that for once someone else was getting some glory. Felt like he had to do something to bring the Grinch down again.”

“I ought to ring that slimy May-Who like a big old rusty bell!” Rainbow growled.

“Normally darling, I’d scold you for thinking such violent thoughts,” Rarity remarked. “But this time, I don’t blame you.”

As all her friends chattered away, Starlight Glimmer looked out toward the mess left behind in the Grinch’s way. So much disaster and destruction all in one night, and on Christmas Eve of all nights. They did everything they could to bring the Grinch closer to the community, to encourage him to see what the holiday means to all the Who’s. Now they find themselves responsible for unleashing a monster on the whole town and made to leave this town by morning. A single tear fell down Starlight’s face as she gazed out looking toward nothing in particular.

“We did everything we could think of…” Starlight sighed to herself. “I guess the Grinch will never have the Christmas spirit.”

<>

Meanwhile, the Grinch himself returned to the ‘Dumpit to Crumpit’ bin. He felt very proud of himself for all the damaged he caused relishing in all the chaos that followed. It felt like a great weight had been lifted off his shoulders.

“I quite enjoyed that,” He smirked. “I hope I get another invite soon.”

He chuckled to himself, as he turned back to admire his handy work one last time before deciding to return home. But the moment he did, the Grinch froze. His eyes went wide when he noticed the Who’s still laughing and smiling. A number of them brought in another huge tree that greatly resembled the first.

“Good thing we have a spare,” May-Who said.

“Suffering snorkelblads!” Grinch cringed. “They’re relentless!”

It was then the Grinch decided that he’s finally had enough. He slammed his hand on the side and fell back into the bin as it closed, and the Grinch was sucked back toward the very top of Mount Crumpit as far from the Who’s as possible.