• Published 30th Nov 2021
  • 270 Views, 16 Comments

Starfleet Magic Movie: How the Finch stopped Hearths Warming - DakariKingMykan



An evil finch uses a chilling amulet to freeze the love and warmth in attempt to destroy Hearths Warming.

  • ...
40
 16
 270

Final Act: Continuing Forward

FINAL ACT

The Windigos all suddenly began glowing brightly, and they suddenly began to flail and go crazy in the skies as the Cursed Blizzard seemed to subside softly.

“What’s happening now?” asked Luna.

She got her answer as the Windigos began to fly in furious circles high into the air, absorbing the Cursed Blizzard, forming a massive, freezing vortex.

Even the affected ponies on the ground couldn’t ignore this, and began to run in panic, until Grand Ruler whistled loudly for everyone to hear for miles.

Then, using his royal alicorn voice, he instructed all creatures. “Get inside the nearest building you can find!”

The winds were starting to pick up violently as the vortex continued to grow.


“What is that?!” asked Lightning.

Frieda only laughed. “Behold the instrument of ultimate freezing destruction! This vortex will cause the temperatures to drop so massively low, the entire planet will freeze, and everyone will perish!”

The fighters’ stomachs gave nasty turns.

“You can’t do that!” wailed Krysta “You’ll destroy yourself along with everything else!”

“Exactly!” hissed Frieda. Her face had such a psychotic impression that she looked freaky. “Don’t you see? Hearths Warming can’t be celebrated… if everyone is DEAD!!”

The ice palace was starting to cave in and break up and collapse under the strain.

“Look out!” Twilight shouted as large ice shards and blocks came crashing down.

Lightning leapt up high and he punched and kicked as many bits of ice as he could, knocking them away, or shattering them to pieces.

“STARLIGHT ARROW” Starla fired her magic arrows shattering even more pieces.

Twilight and Krysta used their powers to grab large blocks and bat off more chunks of falling ice.

Soon, the entire palace collapsed and was blown away in the winds, leaving only behind the flat ice floor of the throne room with everyone still standing on it, and Frieda laughing her loudest and evilest laugh ever as the vortex overhead grew larger and began to work its evil…

…Sucking up all the snow from the ground and in the air, and then spitting it back out again even colder than ever, causing the temperature to start falling rapidly.


“Starla!!” hollered Lightning “Can you… try and capture… Frieda…?!!”

Starla’s visor was able to see through the storm clearly so she could get Frieda in her sights, but the winds and snow were so strong she could hardly keep steady.

“I think I’ve got a shot!” she said, and she fired her arrow, which got sucked up into the vortex because of its light weight. “No!!”


“Frieda… Please, stop this!” Twilight shouted through the billowing winds. “You don’t have to do this! We can’t change your past, but we can help you build a better future; a better life! Just trust me!”

Frieda only glared at her through the storm, still completely unmoved, and not caring anymore by this point.

“So long suckers!!” she shouted as she threw off her robe, and spread out her large wings. She began to fly, up, up, and up into the vortex!

“Frieda!!” shouted Twilight.

“Frieda… Don’t…!!” called Lightning.

Frieda only laughed as she vanished towards her doom. “YOU’LL ALL BE JOINING ME SHORTLY ANYWAY!! YOU FOOLS…!!!

Then she was gone, vanished in a flash of bright light.

Twilight could not believe she really did that, nor could any of the others, but they had no time to grieve about; the vortex was getting strong.

“We’ve got to stop that thing somehow!” shouted Krysta.

Everyone could already feel the vortex’s pull starting to drag them in.

Lightning clenched his fists and looked up to the center of the vortex. “There’s only one chance!”

He shut his eyes tight, focusing with all his might on what he was fighting for-- His home, his friends new and old, and especially for Hearths Warming; a new holiday he was pleased to have in his life to share and celebrate with those he loved!

This caused his golden horn to glow brightly in a golden light.

“That glow!” cried Starla.

Twilight gazed in awe at the sight of it. “…The Uniforce.” she muttered under her breath. “…The most powerful magical force in the known universe. It even puts the Elements of Harmony to shame!”

Glowing brighter than ever, Lightning recited the magical chant…

“I summon forth a mystic power
To aid me in this darkest hour
Casting now upon my foe
I now unleash… this magical glow…!”

He leapt up high into the air as he could go…

“UNIFORCE”


POW!! He unleashed the massive force in towards the center of the vortex.

So hot, and so massively powerful, the cold was unable to freeze or block this magic!

The light flew straight into the center, causing it the glow brighter and brighter, until… KAPOW… a major explosion blasted out, causing the vortex to heat up and collapse on itself, and the Windigos began to fade away.

“Uhn…!” Lightning groaned as he fell to his knees towards the floor.

“Lightning!” Starla cried as she and Twilight dashed over and caught him; holding him up as he was completely exhausted from using his power.

The vortex continued to collapse and explode, causing the last of the castle base to break up and collapse.

“We’ve got to get out of here!” shouted Starla.

Twilight agreed, and then turned back to all the other friends whom were still frozen in ice. “We’ve got to get the others.”

“Come on, let’s go!” shouted Krysta. She and the ponies used their magic to levitate several ice blocks each while Starla still held the weakened Lightning in her arms as she and the others all soared through the clouds just as the lasts of the palace disintegrating into the dying vortex.

Once the friends landed safely in the snowy field below, Lightning slowly began to regain a little strength to open his eyes again.

“…What’s… happening?” he asked in a low voice, but his vision cleared to see all three ladies smiling at him.

“Welcome back.” said Twilight.

Starla was relieved that he was alright.

“Hey look!” cried Krysta pointing up at the sky.

The Cursed Blizzard was starting to breakup. The snow stopped falling, and the winds calmed down as it got brighter and brighter with the sunlight breaking through, causing the temperatures to stabilize to normal winter levels.

“We did it!” cried Starla.

Twilight grinned widely, and then she spotted something else soaring across the sky. “Look up there!” she called to the others.

The others looked up and could see Grand Ruler Celesto and Queen Celestia, soaring across the sky hand-in-hand. As they passed, they were casting the special spell they had promised-- sprinkling it like magical sparkles.

This magic not only reversed the effects the storm had brought on-- snapping ponies out of their hateful state-- it also thawed out all the frozen friends and removed their brainwashing as well.

The friends began to awaken.

“Where are we?” asked Buddy.

“Did I suddenly fall asleep?” added Fluttershy.

Spike rubbed his eyes and could see the others ahead of him.

“Twilight?”

Twilight ran up to him and hugged him warmly. “Spike! Thank goodness you and others are safe.”

It all came back to everyone.

“I remember now…!” said Rarity. “We were going through Frieda’s castle and--” she stopped and gasped hard.

“That freezing freak captured us!” growled Applejack.


Cadance and Shining Armor came to their senses.

“Twily?”

Smiles grew wide as the three relatives all came together in a huge group hug.

“I’m so glad you guys are back.” cried Twilight.

“We’re glad to be back too.” said Cadance, but then she and her husband sneezed loudly, and they shivered and sniveled badly.

They had caught terrible colds from being encased in ice for so long, and without proper protection and resistance.

“W-W-W-We were on our way to v-v-v-visit New Canterlot,” shivered Cadance. “Then Frieda… she c-c-c-caught us… and fr-fr-froze us…”

Shining Armor snivelled again. “S-S-S-Speaking of which… W-W-W-Where is she? I’ve got a score to settle with her!”

Twilight then looked sad and downhearted, and she remembered Frieda’s last act in sacrificing herself to the vortex; believing her victory was assured.

It almost even looked as if she was deliberately running away; still not willing to accept Twilight’s offer of friendship.

“She had a chance to get help and turn her life around, but she chose to destroy herself.” she sighed heavily. “I thought I could make her do the right thing.”

Lightning, finally having strength enough to at least stand, walked to her and put his hand on her shoulder. “Twilight… we can’t make others choose what’s right, and we can’t change their minds of what they feel is right. All we can do set an example and hope that it inspires them to change.”

Twilight silently agreed.

Frieda had never known friendship or joy her entire life, so it was natural she wouldn’t understand it, trust it, and given her icy nature she wouldn’t want much to do with it.

Not to mention Frieda did cause massive trouble, including attempted genocide on the planet, which would subject her to charges and trial, and then only possibly receiving psychiatric help.

…It wasn’t important now.

“Let’s go home.” said Lightning.



Two days later, all the messes had been cleared up and Hearths Warming was back on schedule.

Ponies and other creatures were happier than ever, many of them going over the top with caring and sharing as their way of making up for the horrid they had behaved while cursed… despite it not truly being their own fault.

Of course, Cadance and Shining Armor still had the shivers and sniffles, but nothing serious, and they were still determined to join friends and family for a well-needed holiday.

Their majesties were so very proud of everyone, that they held a little private gala, complete with a really fancy meal. Cadance and Shining Armor attended the party, but with their feet soaked in hot water basins and wrapped in blankets.

“You sure you two wouldn’t rather be in bed resting?” asked Rainbow.

“Forget it.” said Shining Armor. “No one wants to spend the holidays in bed.”

Cadance agreed. “Besides, we’re feeling much better alrea-- Ah… Ah… AH-CHOO…!!”

Her husband then blew his nose loudly, which made the other party-goers chuckle.

Grand Ruler then cleared this throat and raised a glass of sparkling cider in his hand. “I’d like to propose a toast.”

Everyone hushed up and raised their glasses.

“I would like to express my deepest felicitations to you all.” He motioned at his wife and sister-in-law too. “The crisis is now averted thanks to the friendship, bravery, and teamwork.”

He then looked at Lightning and Twilight, but Celesti was the one who spoke, “We especially are pleased with the effort and cunning the two of you showed. You have not helped to save the world from a terrible fate, but you also managed to work out your differences, and learned from each other.”

Lightning and Twilight looked at one another and nodded proudly, and the others smiled at them.

Princess Luna then raised her glass and declared, “To the very first Hearths Warming of United Equestria. May the light bless us… everyone.”

Everyone raised their glasses and sipped the cider.

After that, Pinkie hollered, “Now… LET’S PARTY!!”

Everyone began to cheer, eat, dance, talk, or just hang around.



Lightning then approached Twilight as she stood by the window looking out at the night sky, and all plain snow just falling and glistening in the air.

“…You still thinking about Frieda?” he asked.

Twilight couldn’t hide it from him, and she nodded softly. “I know I have to accept that, sometimes, friendship just won’t do-- especially if some creatures continue to refuse it.”

Lightning sighed softly, but he told her. “You’ll come across that many times as you continue to train, and when you earn you’re commission, you’ll have to face stuff like this every single day.

…But you don’t have to like it.”

She looked at him and he continued to tell her, “Sometimes I wish there were more peaceful ways to handle situations. Then maybe there would be better peace in the universe, but it is what it is, and we have to do what we must.

That’s why I have a gift for you.”

He held out a tiny box… kind of like what you would put a ring in for proposing. Inside was in fact an honorary bronze medal, of a star with a hart shaped in the middle.

“Lightning…” she said unable to believe her eyes.

“I had Artie make it. I want you to have it not for anything promotional, but rather as a symbol of thanks, not just for your bravery, but for being a good friend, even though I was a little hard on you.

When you and I came up with the idea to pretend to be angry with one another, you showed me you have great potential to be a good fighter, and more importantly than that, I’m still glad we have what we can share… especially this holiday.

Happy Hearths Warming, Twilight Sparkle.”


She accepted the medal happily.

First they saluted to each other professionally, but then they grinned at each other and shared a warm hug, which melted everyone’s hearts and brought some of them to tears.


Then it was back to the party, where everyone danced to a wild and rockin’ holiday theme song.

Lightning and Starla danced together and showed off wicked moves, and when they were finished, Starla giggled at him.

“What?” he asked.

Blushing softly, Starla pointed up above his head, where mistletoe was hanging.

Lightning’s cheeks went bright red, especially with everyone watching with anxiety, which gave Starla her opening to take him in her arms and dip him back. She cooed softly at him, “Happy Hearths Warming, Captain…” and then captured his lips with hers, forcing Lightning to wrap his arms around her as the gang all cheered loudly, especially Twilight.

It was a great Hearths Warming for everyone.



…The memories then faded back to the present day, with Lightning still gazing down sadly at Twilight’s memorial grave.

“I miss you so much, Twilight.” he said softly “We all miss you.”

Then he laid a few simple white roses on the stone and stood up onto his feet; just standing there as it snowed around him.

Soft footsteps approached him, that of his wife, Starla Shine, and she held their infant son in her arms. “We should go.” she said to him. “We can’t have the baby in the cold like this.”

Little Shining Light gave a soft murmur as he stirred in his mother’s arms.

Lightning agreed, and he turned back to look at the grave once more, before heading off with his wife and son.

Hearths Warming was a time for joy, and to celebrate the gift of caring and sharing…

…But it was okay to take a little time to think about others, and even feel a little sad.

Life would go on.

Author's Note:

Even though this song is supposed to be a happy one. The way it's played and the way I'm singing it...

...*Sighs*

Comments ( 3 )

you know, seeing as is you got mostly positive comments on this story, I think you may very well get a reevaluation from the entire internet.

11086622

Not if all those retards have anything to say about it...

Some of them are so DETERMINED to see horrid things happen to me.

11086751
if they make a move, ill be ready to fight back, ill dislike all their shit for the same reasons, give em a little taste of their medicine, also, I cant be sure, but I think they're disliking my stuff just for liking you. of course I could care less about reputation, but YOURS I care about.

Login or register to comment