• Published 30th Nov 2021
  • 269 Views, 16 Comments

Starfleet Magic Movie: How the Finch stopped Hearths Warming - DakariKingMykan



An evil finch uses a chilling amulet to freeze the love and warmth in attempt to destroy Hearths Warming.

  • ...
40
 16
 269

Act 7: I Hate Hearths Warming

ACT SEVEN

Frieda snickered at the sight of the four remaining teammates. “You sure took your sweet time in getting here, and just when things were starting to get colder.”

Lightning didn’t want to waste any time and readied himself to rush at her.

“I wouldn’t do that!” snapped Frieda, and she motioned to all around her, at all the frozen blocks containing all the others inside.

“Oh, no!” cried Starla.

“Oh, yes.” hissed Frieda. “One move out of either of you, and I’ll destroy them.”

Lightning quivered with anger. “You monster! You’re even colder than the winter you cast.”

Frieda took that as a compliment. “Yes… yes, I am, and proud to be, then again, it is justified.”

The fighters confused. “How is destroying Hearths Warming and turning people against one-another justified?” asked Krysta.


Frieda then looked cross, and finally decided to come clean-- exactly what Lightning and Twilight were hoping for.

“Hearths Warming was always a big disappointment!

My family and I were always on the move-- always going from place to place. So I never really made any friends, or was often too busy to play or have time to myself.

We were also always at each other’s throats.

My father would always yell and boss us all around, even when nothing was wrong or he had no reason to be mad; he just up and gave us all a hard time.

Yelling at us…

Scolding us for doing things he didn’t like…

Complaining that he was always perfect and we were nothing compared to him…

If he didn’t feel like celebrating Hearths Warming, then no one was allowed to, and even if we did celebrate, it was always a letdown; we would only receive useless things, like old tin-cans, broken wooden crates, or old dirty rags.

And don’t even get me started on dinners-- old seeds, slimy worms, and rotted berries! Ugh!!

Not like you ponies-- with your jolly friendships, your warm love, and your precious gifts of giving and heartfelt cheer. Even creatures that didn’t celebrate Hearths Warming and had their own holidays had it so much better than I ever did, with equally jolly times, and warmth of love and care!

…It disgusted me! Why should all of you have all the fun and warmth, and I get none of it?!

My mother always obeyed the orders of my father, like a great coward, and weakly let him have his wicked ways with us.

Finally, after enough years of rage and jealousy, I sought to do something about this.

Fortunately for me, my family was killed in The Great War.

During Equestria’s enslavement, my mother died in slavery due to her meek and spineless nature, and my mother tried to make his escape and was captured and executed as a warning to other slaves!

Part of me was thrilled, seeing those losers bite the dust for being overbearing, or simply too spineless to deserve to keep going!

Yet, even after the war was won, and the world renewed, I could see all the celebrations, which meant, I knew, that Hearths Warming would eventually return.

…The very holiday that was the bane of my existence! Just the thought of it returning and all the cheer and joy that I never got to experience; I just couldn’t take it!

It was then I decided that since I could never make my Hearths Warming any better, I would make everyone else’s holiday worse; even destroy the entire holiday itself.

But how to do this was the main issue.

I searched all over the planet for a way to grant me the power I needed, and my travels took me to the mountains of the New Frozen North.

It was there that I stumbled upon the camp of an elderly pony, who shared my distaste of Hearths Warming as well.

He had already passed away either from old age or prolonged exposure to the cold, but he had uncovered a great treasure with the instructions written in his log.”


Frieda then paused and held up her amulet and explained what she had learned from the old pony’s log.

“This was forged before Equestria was unified; it was created by a band of unicorns that had hoped to use its powers to gain control of the Windigos and force them away…

…But the Windigos themselves had seized the amulet and cursed it with their own powers to worsen the winter, and destroyed the very unicorns that originally created it.

When the Fires of Friendship were used to drive the Wingidos away, the amulet was lost, and not a soul living knew of its existence…

…Until many centuries later.

The explorer I met… according to his journal, he, too, had scavenged the lands in search of a way to destroy Hearths Warming, and his hate attracted the attention of the Windigos whom presented him with the amulet, ensuring him it would grant the power he needed.

The pony had passed on, but fortunately I stumbled upon his camp and inherited the amulet for myself.”

She paused and chuckled, “And now… here I sit; the executor of Hearths Warming and ruler of all winter… and I love every bit about it.”

Lightning and Starla kept their visors on her, and the polygraph scan showed she was telling the truth and not trying to make up some sob story.

He and the others felt a just a little sorry for her. Now it made her actions understandable, but still not excusable.

“Face it…” Frieda thundered “…Hearths Warming is no more!”

Twilight stepped forward, “Enough, Frieda…!”

“Twilight, don’t!” snapped Starla.

“Get back here, recruit!” ordered Lightning, but Twilight wouldn’t budge.

“Frieda, please listen to me.” begged Twilight. “It’s awful that you had to grow up the way you did, and I’m sorry you had to.”

Frieda didn’t seem the least bit moved.

“…But it doesn’t have to be like this. You don’t have to destroy Hearths Warming, or make everyone else miserable.

…Why not join us instead?”

“Huh?” said Frieda, with her eyes wide.

The other three friends looked on with astonishment.

Twilight continued, “I can help you, Frieda. We can all help you. You can share Hearths Warming with us all, and finally experience the joys it brings, and maybe even more. You could try making friends, and start a new life without all the cold and harshness.”

Frieda began to tremble with nerves.

“Give it up, Twilight. It’s not working!” called Krysta.

“Stand aside right now!” ordered Lightning.

“No!” snapped Twilight. “I know I can reach out to her, and make her see friendship in a new way.”

“The only thing you’re doing is making yourself an easier target for her!” balked Starla.

Twilight growled at the others, and the Windigos’ eyes began to glowing as they absorbed the small bits of the hate.

This made Frieda laugh, “You know, I could almost watch this all day-- you fighting amongst yourselves only further empowers me and ensures the fall of Hearths Warming.

Even now, my Cursed Blizzard will force your entire planet to feel as cold and as spiteful as I felt every day.”

Twilight could see by this point Frieda would not see reason. Her heart was obviously colder and darker than she thought, mainly due to the fact that she never experienced friendship or happiness before in her life.

“Frieda, please…!”

But Frieda fired a small ice-beam from the amulet straight for her, forcing Starla to yank her out of the way just in time.

“You just don’t get it, do you?” she hissed.

Still unable to move to try and free the others from the ice blocks, the fighters remained quite still-- exactly as Lightning wanted.

“We just have to stall her for a little longer.” He thought as he kept eyeing at the blocks.

He got as he wished when Frieda was suddenly bathed in spotlight and began to sing her disgust of the holiday.

I guess I just see what you do
In this waste of space you call Hearths Warming
Now with this Amulet, and the power that I get
The world will face my icy warning.

I don’t need this stuff you call “Friendship”
It’s useless no matter what you say,
You ask me to be nice? I’d rather stick with ice,
To make the world all go my icy way!

Oh, I hate Hearths Warming
That yucky Hearths Warming
Now it’s no more, thanks to me
Oh, I hate Hearths Warming
Now Frieda is storming
I’m as icy and as cold as I can be!

Her song was as chilling and as wicked as she was, but still the friends made not a move towards her, for fear of her harming the prisoners, and Lightning kept thinking to himself, “…Any second now. Come on…!”

The jolly times are done, they have fallen
Deep within my freezing spell
Friendship is a waste, and it gives me a bad taste,
So I’ll freeze it… just as well.

‘Cause, I hate Hearths Warming
That stupid Hearths Warming
Now it’s no more, thanks to me
Oh, I hate Hearths Warming
Now Frieda is storming
I’m as icy and as cold as I can be!


I hate Hearths Warming
Now Frieda is storming
I’m as icy and as cold as I… can… BE!!!

Frieda laughed wickedly as the Windigos hailed to her…

…But suddenly…

The ice blocks all burst and the Space Ponies were freed thanks to their suits’ heating units.

“What?!” snapped Frieda, and then the Equestrians were free as well thanks to the special spell that was cast upon them, and in an instant, the Space Ponies fired magical beams from their horns shattering the remaining ice blocks and releasing the prisoners.

“They’re free!” cried Krysta.

Starla and Twilight gawked with glee, and Lightning smirked. “I knew if we stalled her long enough the ice would shatter.”


Frieda only snickered wickedly.


“Uh… why doesn’t she seem worried?” asked Krysta.

“And why is the gang still standing near her?” added Twilight.


That’s when the gang’s eyes began to give off that cold, blue glow again.

Starla and Lightning’s visors went crazy with alert warnings.

“Whoa!” cried Starla “Evil energy readings are all-time high!”

“What have you done to them?!” Lightning yelled at Frieda.

Frieda glared at the fighters. “Observe the coldness in their eyes, and the hatred they are giving. They work for me now, and soon the rest of you will as Hearths Warming freezes to its doom.”

She laughed maniacally as the brainwashed ponies snarled and growled as they looked ready to fight.

“We can we do?” asked Twilight. “We can’t just fight them.”

“We may not have a choice.” said Starla.

She was proven right when Shining Armor unleashed an ice beam straight at the group, forcing them all to dodge.

“Brother!” cried Twilight. She was almost near tears at the thought of what just happened, but all the brainwashed ponies growled like zombies as they continued to march forth.

Lightning could hardly believe the Space Ponies were under such a spell.

Lightning looked over at Starla, and she nodded at him.

“STAR BOW”

She gripped her mighty weapon and looked ready to fire at the brainwashed friends.

“No!! You can’t!” shouted Twilight.

“Relax!” snapped Starla, and she showed Twilight how she set her bow from “Destroy” to “Heal.”

“One shot and it should undo the brainwashing.” explained Starla “But I’ll still need to get a clean opening.”

There was no way out of it; they would have to fight, and Twilight still seemed as if she couldn’t do it; not to her friends!

Lightning spoke severely to Twilight. “You will fight them, and that’s an order! It’s your obligation and duty as a Starfleet recruit to do so when in danger.”

Twilight looked at him furiously as if he was acting heartless for the well-being and safety of all their dear friends.

Lightning, Starla and Krysta stood ready, as did their brainwashed friends, with Frieda hollering, “Let’s get ready to RUMBLE!!”