• Published 27th Nov 2021
  • 1,862 Views, 24 Comments

Through Dusk's Eyes - TheRedBirdWhoTypes



Dusk Shine is a stallion that would do whatever he needs to survive. Even if that meant sleeping with Nightmare Moon herself for bits. But when he stumbles across a crystal table deep in Everfree, he'll realize that there is alot more than the night.

  • ...
2
 24
 1,862

1.5 - At First

Author's Note:

A lil drabble of the very first time.

Dusk knew that it was supposed to be a one night stand and nothing more.

He was but a humble job taker, presented with the opportunity to get his hooves around an expensive artifact that he knew would sell high in the market but when given a much better deal, he didn’t have to think twice about worming into the night Empress’ bed. After all, it was just one hot night with an ancient, entitled Alicorn. Ofcourse, Dusk didn’t stop to question why it happened in the first place, or why it still continued but it was none of his business. Maybe the alicorn had a thing for scruffy unicorns that try to steal from her, who knows. It didn’t matter, after all, he got paid and laid. If that isn’t a good deal, he didn’t know what was. It was a simple job and he accepted.

But it didn’t turn out so simple in the end, as it always does with him.

A one night stand was supposed to be short, sweet and as fleeting as the wind against his fur decided to suddenly turn into so much more than he bargained for. At first, it was nothing he couldn't handle. Just Nightmare Moon sending letters due to that hook of magic that he knows was pinned onto his.

He sometimes wonders if she knew how special that action was. Dusk learned to not question it.

And well... when she comes in so much stronger, Dusk Shine couldn’t bring himself to outright turn it away. Turn her away.

He needs the money in the end and well, all things considered, fucking somepony isn’t the worst thing he could be doing to keep the gold running. (That’s what he tells himself, anyway.)

Obviously it has nothing to do with the fact that, even with all the fuss that Nightmare Moon does in the public, Dusk can’t stop the fact that she makes him feel like somepony. Like someone. Wanted. Needed. Even if it's just like this, even if it's only through rough biting and hooves pressed against fur. Even if it's only temporary.

Then Nightmare Moon makes that once a month arrangement with him, in the full moon and the already odd situation tilts a bit to the side when it becomes a little hotter, a little more heavier. Their meetings aren’t just scandalous stress relievers, quick and on the point. Now, Moon wants to have even more fun. She adds in costumes and toys, and more and more silly little things into their deal that Dusk’s not above or below in doing. He has always been a pleaser and it's good to know that he could please at least one pony.

He spends the night and wakes up in Moon’s bed more times than he’d like to admit. Most of the time, he’ll leave before she even wakes up. But there are some days when he wakes up to her propped up and leaning over him, pretty and blown wide pupils that were heavy-lidded and bleary with something Dusk pretends isn’t there.

He also pretends the rush of heat that surges up his spine doesn’t exist, and that it doesn’t count for anything because he knows that he wasn’t supposed to see this. That what just happened wasn’t something for his eyes, for him.

In the end, As sleazy as it all is, it’s a good business deal and he wants to milk it for all it’s worth while it lasts - because he’s sure that it won’t. Nothing that burns this hot for too long is meant to last.