• Published 22nd Nov 2021
  • 675 Views, 5 Comments

Spike the Hero - Jojoleopard



Spike, Hero of Canterlot, saves those in need and serves a good beating of justice.

  • ...
2
 5
 675

Canterlot's Hero

The city of Canterlot. One of the finest cities in the world. It had held the position of best city for three years in a row, but unfortunately, that had been taken by Manehattan two years ago, but still, that spoke of how great of a city Canterlot was. Today, the skies were blue and the birds were chirping.

It was a fine day. A fine day for crime, it seems.

Past the bustling streets filled with cars and other vehicles, was an alley that was still damp from the previous night’s rain. The air here was musty and it stank with the odor of garbage. But that didn’t stop some people from trying to pry open the back door to a convenience store.

If only there was a superhero of the city to stop their dastardly criminal activity.

“Stop right there, criminal scum!” The magnificent hero jumped down from over the railing and landed on the sandy ground with a fist and one knee to it. “In the name of justice, you’re all under arrest! Stop now and perhaps the sentence on you will be lighter!”

The three criminals standing by the dumpsters looked up at him, their eyes wide through their balaclavas as they began gesturing to each other that such a great hero was standing before them.

“It’s Spike the Hero!” one of them uttered.

“Dude, I heard he can lift a car with a finger!” another one said.

“I heard he can shoot laser beams from his eyes!” the third added.

“I heard he was a dog in one of the school plays-ouch!” He grimaced as the second criminal pinched him. “I mean, I heard he can stop time! We should surrender. He’ll surely triumph over us.”

The first criminal seemed to think long and hard of this, but then he shook his head and raised his crowbar. “No, we’ve worked too hard on planning this robbery. He goes down! Get ‘im!”

The three criminals lifted their weapons and charged at the superhero, holding them high as he stood there with his hands on his hips as his red cape fluttered in the wind behind him.

Spike lifted his arm up and one criminal smashed his crowbar against it. The crowbar bounced off and hit another criminal in the face, knocking him to the ground. As the third criminal moved in to attack, Spike jumped up and grabbed him around the neck in a hold, then spun around, locking him in place and making him unable to attack.

“Let me go! Let me go!” The criminal hammered a fist against Spike’s massive biceps, but it was like hitting a nut against tempered glass.

“No chance. Today, justice prevails!” And Spike tossed him aside.

The criminal fell against a stack of trash and sent one flying and spinning up into the air, landing back down on his face with a crunch of plastic.

“Why you…!” The first one who had lost his crowbar moved in for a punch.

Spike tilted his head to the side, dodging the punch, then bending low, he delivered three quick punches to the man’s midsection. He coughed then fell back on his butt where stars spun around his eyes.

“He isn’t human!” one of them wailed.

“It’s like he’s from a different planet!” The third one crawled back.

“No, I’m human, just like you.” Spike grinned. That was the truth, after all. It’s just that he was born with some special abilities. “You criminals have been on the streets for too long. Today, I’m doing my part!”

“And what is that?” the first man asked.

“Cleaning up the trash.” Spike dusted his cape, then flew forward and picked up all three of them. Flying faster than the speed of a moving bus, he grabbed a piece of rope from the dumpsters and spun it around all three men until they were tightly bound together. “Justice is served!”

They dropped back to the ground, landing in a puddle with a splash of brownish water.

“Spike the Hero is unstoppable!” they began saying.

“He’s more powerful than the earth’s sun!”

“His muscles are like titanium plating!”

“His breath is like that of someone who brushes his teeth really well!” The other two criminals looked at the third one. “What? He does.”

“Say no more! I am but a humble hero flying through this dreary land, protecting the people and stopping criminals like you.” Spike placed his hands at his hips and puffed his chest out. “That’s just what a hero does! Now, I bid you farewell. The cops will find you soon enough.”

And with that, Spike was off, flying through the air, swooping in and out around buildings. He was satisfied with his accomplishments today and he was sure Rarity would be impressed by what he had just done. All he had to do was find her now and tell her what he had done.

“Aaaaaaah, heeelllppppp!”

Spike stopped in the air as his supersensitive ears picked up the cries of help from the east. Someone was in trouble. Curling himself up, Spike thrust himself forward, rocketing through the skies as he sped towards the disturbance.

Out of the city and around the next street, Spike found what he was looking for. In a tree, holding on to dear life, was a woman with orange hair and she was screaming in terror at what was below her. Under the three were three black shadowy creatures, each one with long claws and snaky tongues and they were trying to get her.

“Aliens!” Spike gasped and landed on the street beside them.

The three aliens turned their attention to him and eyed him without saying a word. They were likely still assessing him, deciding if he was worth the effort or not. Spike smiled. They were underestimating him.

“Halt! You will not harm this young woman today!” Spike held up a hand. “Spike the Hero is here to save the day!”

One snarled at him, baring its needle-like fangs.

“I will not back down from such threats. You will leave her alone or face the fists of justice!” Spike raised his gloved fists and blew at them.

One of the aliens began coming closer, approaching on all fours as it stretched its tongue out towards Spike. It didn’t seem to have eyes or a nose and that would mean its tongue would be its main sensory receptor. Using his super eyesight, Spike could identify the billions of hairs all over its tongue, squirming around like they were alive as well. Likely a symbiotic organism that helped the alien find its prey.

“Come on, come at me.” Spike beckoned, then lifted his arms and stuck a leg out.

The alien soon let out a guttural sound, then sprinted for Spike, its claws clattering against the pavement as it ran. Spike brought one fist back, then clenched it hard. It began vibrating faster and faster and soon, it was shaking so much that you could barely see it. The alien leapt up when it was close enough, swinging both claws at him in an X shape, but Spike brought his vibrating fist up and hit the alien square in the gut. The beast spat out saliva in his face, then froze in the air for a second as the tremors from Spike’s punch translated into its body, making it shake in the air as it passed through to its back. The beast rolled in the air once, then fell onto the ground.

“Who’s next, aliens!” Spike called the other two forward with a wave of his hand. They were about to taste the power of Canterlot’s hero. The remaining two aliens cowered on the spot, but then looked back up at the girl in the tree and licked their mouths. Spike guessed they were contemplating whether to risk it to have their meal. “Oh well, I guess there’s no stopping it. You’re going to approach me and try to kill me like your friend. But I’ve got news for you, Spike the Hero will prevail!”

Nodding at each other, the two aliens ran for Spike, curving out in two different directions to attack him from different angles in hopes of catching him off guard. Unfortunately for them, Spike had dealt with enemies like that before. In fact, just yesterday, he had faced off against an enemy who could multiply into thousands of copies the more he hit it. At first, it had looked a little difficult, but then Spike used his frost breath to freeze the thousands of copies of the strange creature, then swapped to a fire breath to melt them all, leaving no trace for any of them to split again.

Now, just two aliens at a time was going to be a breeze compared to that.

He reached his arms out and then he began to spin them very fast, pivoting from the shoulders and soon, his arms became twin whirlwinds of tremendous force, making even the cars on the sides of the road buckle as they threatened to get sucked into his vortexes.

The two aliens could barely keep their feet on the ground and they had to dig their claws into the pavement to keep themselves from getting sucked in. They snarled at Spike, but his attack was just too powerful for them and the pavement under them cracked and gave way, sending bits of debris up into the air along with the two aliens.

They struggled to get back down to the ground, flailing their limbs in the air, but it was no match for the speed at which Spike’s arms were moving. As they flew in towards him, his eyes lit up the cloudy air around them and lasers burst forth from his irises, igniting the wind his arms were generating, turning them into flaming vortexes of death.

The aliens scraped at the air, then tried to claw him as a last ditch attempt to defeat him, but it was like scratching the hull of a plane with a paperclip. It tickled.

The aliens got sucked into the vortexes and caught on fire and with how fast everything was moving, their bodies were torn apart and scattered across the landscape as Spike stopped spinning his arms.

He placed them back down at his sides as everything around him returned to normal, with only ash floating up to the sky the last remains of the vicious aliens that tried to attack the helpless woman in the trees.

“Are you okay, my lady?” Spike flew up and lifted a hand for her to take.

She nodded her head slowly, then took his hand. Spike placed the other one around her waist, then scooped her out of the tree and gently descended back down to the ground, where everything had become lovely once again.

“Fear no more the aliens that plagued you,” Spike said and lowered her so that her feet could touch the ground. “Spike the Hero is here and he has saved you from those dastardly aliens.”

The woman smiled and began cheering as she ran out to the streets and to her home, where she dashed through a little hole in the door. Spike watched her go and was contended with today’s work. This had been a little sidetracked objective, but now that he was done with that, there was more he could tell Rarity about.

Crouching, Spike planted one fist against the ground, then closed his eyes and waited. Soon, the debris that the aliens had torn up began levitating around him, wobbling in the air with growing intensity. With a rumble of the air around him, Spike kicked off the ground and launched himself high into the air with a single leap. The houses and street below began to grow smaller until they were no smaller than a june bug. Stretching both arms forward, Spike blasted through the air hard enough to break the sound barrier, curving around the globe as he flew, going faster and faster and faster.

It was no secret that he was fast, but here it was now as he took an extra two rounds around the planet before moving down another Canterlot street where he knew Rarity was at the moment.

He soon found the boutique and landed before it, rocking the street and slightly cracking the pavement. Almost immediately, the door burst open and Rarity popped her head out to see what was going on.

“Oh, it’s just you, Spike.” She sighed with relief once she knew it was okay. “I thought it was an earthquake or something.”

“Nothing of that sort.” Spike gave his cape a flick.

“The cape again, huh?” Rarity put on an amused face. “So, what has the heroic Spike the Hero done today?”

“Stopped three criminals from breaking into a convenience store,” Spike told her proudly. “If they got in, they were surely going to ruin the goods.”

“Santo’s Fresh Goods again?”

“That’s the one.”

Rarity chuckled. “Don’t tell me it was the same three rats.”

“The same three. And hey, they’re not ‘rats’...” Spike curled the index and middle finger of both hands multiple times. “If they got in there again, they were going to eat all of Mr. Santo’s stuff. Again. I stopped them this time and I left them for Pest Control to pick up. Again.”

“Such heroic deeds, my dear Spike.” Rarity reached an arm out and placed it on his shoulder.

“Oh, and I also stopped three aliens from eating a damsel in distress in a tree one street down,” Spike went on. “I used a little of my wind powers and my laser eyes!”

“Damsel in a tree, huh?” Rarity pulled him in for a hug and gently ran a hand down his purple hair. “You funny boy. I think this has been one of the better ones yet. Let me guess… in the tree… She must’ve been quite the feline.”

“Yup, but I sure showed those aliens.” Spike swung a fist in jest, then mimicked a throwing action.

“You threw a bone their way, huh?” Rarity guessed.

“Yeahhhh…” Spike blushed. He usually saw his heroic deeds differently, but it didn’t change the fact that he was probably still the strongest human ever. “They were easy to chase away.”

“That’s right. No one messes with my little hero.” Rarity gave him a squeeze then stood aside. “You must be bushed after a whole afternoon of crime fighting. How about some lemonade?”

“Lemonade?” Spike’s eyes brightened. “Oh boy! Can’t say no to that! Every hero needs to replenish his fluids.”

“And some burgers, perhaps?”

“Can’t say no to that too.”

Author's Note:

The reason for the story was my absolutely disgusting take of Spike in Sushi's Bizarre Adventure, putting him down as an extremely minor side character, while Nightshroud96 has given me his opinion that Spike should've been the main character and the forefront of power, and so I decided to give it my best shot and to create the Spike he so deserved to have.

Comments ( 5 )

Nice going.

You write a great Spike Story, im also writting one of him as a beyblade player.

Managed to read this.
I just laughed pretty good.
Again, I appreciate the gesture \ovo/

11059057
Thanks! I took a look at yours, other than needing some punctuation, it's great. Keep at it! I know Nightshroud'll enjoy the story very greatly.

Interesting. It's competently written, if nothing else.

Login or register to comment