• Published 22nd Nov 2021
  • 2,226 Views, 36 Comments

Return of Chaos - General Alduin



10,000 years ago, a cataclysmic war ended Humanity’s fledgling empire. In that time, new life has flourished, ignorant of the sacrifices made for them. However, something stirs, and the universe will soon learn just how stubborn Humanity truly is.

  • ...
7
 36
 2,226

Armageddon

“INCOMING!” Ritchy yelled as Hydra artillery flattened the area, causing most of the humans to take cover.

“Eat shit!” Tony screamed as he unleashed a torrent of death from his minigun, gunning down a multitude of Hydra and warbots.

Michael hid in a building, picking off any Hydra that got too close to Charlotte and Andy, who were wiring ion charges to a building next to the Hydra artillery. He checked everything over one more time before taking to the sky.

He grabbed Charlotte and brought her out of the building, landing next to Iverson. “Do it!” Andy nodded and detonated the charges. The initial shockwave killed most of the infrantry attacking the humans, as the building collapsed and fell on top of the artillery and most of the remaining warhost. “Adrian!” He yelled over the radio.

Adrian busted through a wall next to the remaining group of Hydra. “Oh yeah!” He said before grabbing one of the startled Hydra and squishing its head. He then impaled another through the stomach as it reached for its gun, and lit another one on fire with a wrist mounted flamethrower.

“Damn, that was a big explosion.” Kowalski remarked as he surveyed the destruction and Adrian’s subsequent slaughter of the remaining Hydra. Suddenly a round deflected off his helmet. “Gówno!”

Sniper!” Navarro screamed as he dove for cover. He could take tanks, aircraft, and even Soulrippers, but nothing scared him more than an unseen sniper.

Everyone immediately dove for cover themselves, hoping to stay out of the snipers sight. Suddenly the ground was bathed in shadow, everyone looking up to see Hydra ships blotting out the sky, beginning to unleash orbital bombardment on what remained of Chicago.

“Everyone to the lift!”

“But sir! The sniper!” Navarro protested.

“We’ll have to risk it. Adrian, think you can cover us?”

“I’ll try, but my shield only goes so far and I have no idea where the sniper is.” Adrian jumped out of cover and sprinted towards the Skyjumpers, Michael flying out of the building and landing with the rest of the group.

The Hydra sniper dogged Adrian’s steps the whole way, Adrian’s left arm unfolding into a large shield which he held up over him.

“Sniper 33 klics that way at a 63 foot elevation.” Michael pointed to the general area where the sniper was, no one daring to poke their heads out to check.

“Good work, we should lose him if we make a break for that rubble. We have a good twenty feet of open space until we make it to the bunker so we’ll have to fly the rest of the way.” Adrian turned to Iverson. “Is this plan satisfactory captain?”

“Should I harass it with my drone, sir?” Navarro asked.

“Negative, we don’t want to lose it. Tony, Michael, and Adrian, you three stay here and suppress the sniper, the rest of us will make a break to the debris then you’ll run with Adrian if the bastard isn’t dead. We have no idea what’s in store for us in that 20 feet, so you’ll lead the charge Adrian. Any questions?” The humans shook their heads. “Good, now go!”

Tony revved up his minigun and shot wildly into where Michael pointed, Michael himself shooting where he was sure the sniper was, and Adrian firing rockets at the entire block.

The rest of the humans ran as fast as they could to the debris, the sniper unable to shoot at them. They finally reached the debris and hid behind it. “Go!”

Tony and Michael ran next to Adrian as he held up his shield, the Hydra desperately shooting at them and hitting the shield about five times. When they reached the rest of the humans, they ran forward as Adrian got in front of the group, leading the charge through the 20 feet of open space as the world began falling apart from the Hydras bombardment.

Adrian smashed through the bunker doors, waiting for the other humans before he collapsed the entrance. “They have troops down here! Why are these assholes bombing!?”

“They care little for their inferiors lives.” Adrian answered as he and the humans gathered on a lift, Adrian pressing a button to activate it.

The lift shook violently as it descended down to Exodus station. Andy shifted nervously as the lights began to flicker. “Can this thing drag any more ass?”

The ding that signaled they had reached their destination was like the voice of an angel, the humans quickly filing out of the lift. “About damn time! Ah was about to haul some chunks in there!” Tommy declared as he steadied himself against a crate.

“And I was about to start Judgment Day without you.” An old man in an impeccable uniform with graying hair stepped forward.

“General Hawthorne.” Adrian greeted walking up to the man. “Is the last Seedship ready to launch to Equis?”

“It is. Along with this little beauty.” Hawthorne said gesturing to a two hundred foot long ship. “The Divine Intervention, it has everything you might need: food, water, medicine, weapons, ammo, toiletries, etc. and it’s the only ship in the fleet built with a warp drive, it should do the trick when the wormhole drops you and the Seedship off at mars. You’ll have twelve minutes before the Armageddon bomb reaches mars, so don’t dawdle.” The two looked at a screen showing a massive container next to the sun

“Activate it now. We don’t have time to waste.” Adrian demanded as he made his way to the Divine Intervention.

Hawthorne seemed surprised but nodded, pressing a button to open the container. A split second later the feed cut off and another screen showed a massive explosion destroying the sun, going out in all directions quickly before that feed cut off too.

The humans looked on sadly, angered they had to sacrifice their home, their cradle, but it had to be done. “Countdown has begun, we should get moving.” Kowalski said as he eyed a clock reading less than eight minutes.

“Wait, we’re going to make a wormhole here? Underground?” Andy asked with a hint of concern.

“If you’d rather take your chances with the Hydra fleet, be my guest.” Iverson answered as he lifted a huge crate of supplies.

“You know what sounds great? A wormhole jump!” Andy said as he dashed into the Divine Intervention.

Smartass…’ Charlotte thought as she filed in.

The humans gathered any remaining supplies and got on the ship, buckling themselves in on the bridge. Adrian made sure they had everyone and weren’t missing anything. “Oh, and before I forget Mr. President.” Hawthorne handed Adrian a case titled ‘Gaia.’ “Thank you Hawthorne, now get in, we’re about to take off.”

“Yes, you are.” Hawthorne declared as the ship slid closed and locked them in.

“Hawthorne!” Adrian banged on the door. “What is the meaning of this!?”

“Someone has to stay to activate the wormhole don’t they?” Hawthorne declared as he began punching in coordinates.

“General Hawthorne, I order you to get on this ship now!” Adrian yelled. Being the only remaining humans left meant losing even one was a big deal.

“Sorry Mr. President, it seems you’ll have to court martial me.” Hawthorne teased before confirming the coordinates. Electricity began racing around in an arc as a huge wormhole opened in the bunker, revealing the depths of space on the other side, sucking everything through it. “Now go!” He said pressing another button, remotely activating a large ship which flew forward and passed through the wormhole

Hawthorne!” Adrian pleaded desperately as the Divine Intervention did the same and the wormhole closed.

“Humanitas in aeternum.” Hawthorne sighed. He took out a cigarette and sat down, lighting the stick of tobacco and taking a long drag from it.

BANG!

He coughed a little as the smoke filled his lungs.

BANG! BANG!

He took one last drag from his cigarette before flicking it away, grabbing a pistol and turning it towards the door.

BANG! BANG! BANG!

Finally, a hoard of Hydra came pouring through the door, filling the room. Hawthorne picked off six Hydra before he was gunned down.

The Hydra gathered around him, a large Hydra in regal armor picking up the bleeding and twitching Hawthorne. “Any last words Human?” It said with a sadistic grin. He frowned as Hawthorne began laughing maniacally. “What’s so funny? Your species is dead, your world is torn asunder, your empire is destroyed. We have finally won.”

“N-nothing.” Hawthorne shook his head. “It’s just y-you fucked w-with the wr-wrong species!” Hawthorne said before the life drained from his eyes, his arms going limp and dropping a detonator.

The regal Hydras eyes widened and he dropped Hawthorne’s corpse. “Everyone get out n-!”

He never got the chance to finish, as the entire bunker was rocked by an explosion, killing all the Hydra in a fiery inferno.


The Divine Intervention and the Seedship were flung into space next to mars, the humans looking towards Earth one last time before both ships entered hyperspace. “You think the Armageddon bomb will really work?” Charlotte asked as Adrian walked in while looking at the floor.

Adrian lifted his head to look at them. “It’ll take roughly five hours to destroy the entire Solar System, they won’t expect a thing.” Adrian answered as he deactivated his suit and climbed out. “Remaining Hydra forces are in the confines of the Solar System looking for any Human survivors. They’ll be dead before they even realize it, and their blight on the galaxy will be expunged. At least in our lifetimes.”

“We should go into cryo sleep.” Kowlaski said as he began stripping off his armor. “Even at warp speed it’ll take five years to reach Equis.”

“You heard him, get to the cryo chamber.” Iverson demanded as he unbuckled himself.

“You guys go ahead, I’ll keep an eye on things for a year or two before I join you.” Adrian said as he sat down at the controls and looked over the ships functions.

Iverson nodded and stripped off his armor, he and the remaining humans making their way to the cryo chambers and entering suspended animation.

Author's Note:

Yeesh, 6 months since the last chapter? Sorry about that everybody, had a lot of writers block and I’ve been focusing on one of my more popular works.

So, some significant chaanges to this chapter compared to the original.
First off, there was no standoff with a sniper, the sniper made like one appearance before disappearing. I decided to add a little more action.

And Earth technically doesn’t explode. Not yet anyway.
In the original an ion beam is shot into the core and it blows up the earth and the entire solar system. I did intend to write that at He time, but I’m not sure how possible that would be with physics, so I changed it up.
I decided to be creative and use an Anti matter bomb instead.

Apperentlymit would take half our suns mass in anti matter to completely destroy the solar system. Which is exactly what they did in the story.

And since I’m not entirely sure if the explosion would be as fast as light, I decided it’s just below it so would take roughly the same amount of time to go throughout the entire solar system.

There was also no final stand with Hawthorne, I added that because Hawthorne is introduced and immediately dies in the original and I wanted to do a little more with him. I did however keep the explosion that kills the Hydra attacking him, but this time it’s just not earth he’s blowing up.

The Seedship being launched with the Divine Intervention is also different. In the original, it’s not called a Seedship (that’s a reference to a phone game I play frequently) and was instead composed of a device full of dna from earth that would (somehow) repopulate the planet it was on with earth fauna and flora.
I changed it up so the Seedship is full of human settlers and they’re already going to a terraformed planet.

Well, thanks for reading my fic! Let’s hope it doesn’t take another 6 months to come up with another chapter!

Comments ( 10 )

“Damn, that was a big explosion.” Kowalski remarked as he surveyed the destruction and Adrian’s subsequent slaughter of the remaining Hydra. Suddenly a round deflected off his helmet. “Gówno!”

Hmmm Gówno
I see Poland guy

Keep it up

11246731
Slované jsou dohromady silní bratře. Jo a taky pozor na jazyk, jsou tu děti.
No I am not going to translate that, use Google.

I'm sorry, when will the sequel?

11338964
I mean, first I need to finish this story before I think about a sequal

I mean when is the next chapter

11339326

No idea, I have the next chapter scheduled as the twelfth thing for me to write and my writing and publishing speed is very erratic.

No way Firebreak from BO3?!

11553014

I'm assuming you're talkng about the picture.

Idk, I just found a random Sci fi soldier picture and used it for the story image

Login or register to comment