• Published 19th Nov 2021
  • 979 Views, 18 Comments

R.U.G. Livestream Lunchtime - Quoterific



The RUG organise a livestream lunch for their fellow fans and followers

  • ...
1
 18
 979

Streaming Time!

“Welcome back to an exclusive Livestream event, brought to you by the one and only Reformed Unicorn Group!” Starlight welcomed their fellow followers back, “With Sunset able to get access to some electronics, and with a royal agreement from Princess Twilight Sparkle and Mayor Mare of Ponyville, we have been able to set this meal time Livestream up.”

Sunset held her iPad in her red magical aura as she got the camera set on the group. it was a sunny day in Ponyville, the warmth of the Solar Princess’ sun bringing a nice day across Ponyville. The group were stationed outside where they were having their Livestream lunchtime break. With a decree of consent by the Princess of Friendship and Mayor Mare, they were able to set the connection up around town, abling ponies to see their lunchtime shenanigans.

“Today, we are outside the trusty Hayburger. If you want to know where Princess Twilight goes to get some fast food calories that go to her-OW!” Trixie was interrupted by a hit on the head from Starlight, shaking her head at what Trixie was about to say.

“Students are watching this Livestream, you know?” Starlight hissed before continuing where Trixie left off, “What she was meant to say, we are having our first Livestream lunch at the trusty Hayburger, a favourite place to hang out for a certain Princess of Friendship.”

“That’s right, we will be chatting, eating and having fun at this establishment, live for all you fans out there to be part of it,” Tempest rounded off. It was then that Starlight’s stomach told the group that lunchtime was here, making a loud rumble. Trixie snickered with a hoof close to her mouth as Starlight blushed. Sunset and Tempest simply chuckled.

“With that being said,” Sunset continued to giggle, “Let’s get some grub!” The others nodded and, with the iPad still in Sunset’s magical gasp, opened the double doors. Once inside, they were hit with the smell of hayfries in the oil bath, carrot dogs sizzling and strong coffee and beverages being poured. With Princess Twilight giving the place her unofficial royal seal of approval, thanks to a certain mishap with the CMC, and with the rush of students at the School of Friendship, the place was packed. The sound of laughter of munching gave the place an atmosphere of comfort and relaxation as conversation flowed freely. The group took in the sights, smells and sounds of the place before they found a secluded corner so their Livestream wouldn’t get interrupted too much.

Once they were seated, with Sunset and Tempest on one side of the table and Trixie and Starlight occupying the other side, a waiter came up to them and nodded her head at them with a professional smile. She was a light cream pegasus, dressed in the establishment’s uniform of checkered dress, a pencil in her ear and a notepad tucked under one of her wings.

“Hello,” she said, “Welcome to the Hayburger. My name is Quick Cheque and I will be serving you today. Firstly, is there anything you would like to drink?” she handed the R.U.G. the drinks menu, waiting patiently as the unicorns looked at the options. Trixie was the first to speak up.

“The Great and Powerful famished Trixie wants the finest Sweet Apple Acre’s cider you have,” Trixie theatrically ordered.

“Make that two, please,” Starlight nodded. Quick Cheque nodded and scribbled down their orders.

“A simple lemonade for me,” Sunset smiled, rolling her eyes at Trixie’s drama.

“And I will have a berry twist special,” Tempest nodded.

“Thank you for your orders,” Quick Cheque hastily scribbled the final beverage down before tucking the notepad back under her wing, “I will go and collect them and then I will bring you your food.” The unicorns smiled and nodded in acknowledgement, the pegasus trotting down merrily to the drinks counter.

“So far so good,” Starlight smiled as she took in her surroundings, “How is the chatbox doing?” Sunset had propped the iPad at an angle, leaning on the windowsill. She peered down at the chatbox and smiled as she saw numerous comments coming in.

“We instantly have loads of comments from the residents of Ponyville talking about our drink choices right now,” Sunset smiled.

“What do they say?” Trixie asked intrigued.

“Berry Punch says the berry twist specials are always full of surprises with every visit,” Sunset read. Tempest’s coat didn’t hide a blush forming on her face.

“Shoeshine says that simple things like a glass of lemonade help the flow of the meal," Starlight read. Sunset gave a small smile at the chat's compliment. It was then Tempest got a weird look on her face as Rainbow Dash's comment was seen in the chatbox.

"And looks like Rainbow has sent several angry faces..." Tempest trailed off, "I wonder why?" She asked herself. Trixie and Starlight gave each other knowing looks. It was at that moment Quick Cheque came back with their assorted drinks. The others quickly handed them out before Quick Cheque, gave a small bow before turning away, saying that she will bring back the foods menus. The unicorns at the table turned their attention to their drinks. Each had a coloured bendy straw and ice cubes floating around. They were quick to set upon their drinks sighing as they felt the cold liquid go down them.

"As Applejack says," Trixie raised her glass, "Nothing beats freshly-pressed cider straight from the fruit itself." Starlight hummed in agreement, tongue lulling out like a dog.

"A hot summer like this means there's nothing better than a nice cold fizzy drink," Tempest smiled down at her purple beverage.

"Tell me about it," Sunset sighed in contentment, stirring the lemonade with the straw in her magic.

"I think it's time that we mention our lovely sponsors who were able to help equip us for this streaming event and the studio back at our main post," Starlight said, "The sponsors are, Sweet Apple Acres, Ponyville Day Spa, Sofas and Quills and a big thank you for Wonderbolts HQ for supplying us with other technical gadgets." The group gave their sponsors a virtual round of applause.

Appropriately, Quick Cheque came back with the food menus and handed them out. The others peered down at what's on offer, though Sunset seemed surprisingly upset.

"I will have the horseshoe wedges and hayburger," Starlight ordered first, "Twilight raves about those wedges as much as she raves about her schedules for classes." This earned a chuckled from Quick Cheque, but she scribbled down her order.

"Two carrot dogs for me," Trixie nodded to the waiter, "Roast them medium please and a side of hayfries to go with it." The pegasus nodded, head down to her notepad.

"I will take a daffodil and dandelion toasted with extra cheese," Tempest smiled down at the pegasus, "Extra crispy and bubbly cheese."

"You got it!" Quick Cheque quipped happily.

The others turned to Sunset, who was still deciding on what to have for her lunch. seconds seemed to drag on, Trixie waiting impatiently, tapping her hoof on the table. Tempest and Starlight exchanged concerned looks. Sunset sighed and put the menu back down and gave the waiter a wry smile.

"Is there a griffon menu I could take a look at?"

The group fell silent, even the waiter. It wasn't because the restaurant didn't have a griffon menu, with Gallus being a student at the School of Friendship and Gabby being part of Ponyville's mail team for Griffonstone. No, it was why she was asking a menu for griffons in the first place.

"C-could you r-repeat that please?" Quick Cheque stuttered. Sunset smiled and gave another wary smile.

"Could I have a look at the griffon menu?" Sunset repeated her request. The others around the table looked a tad greener. The chatbox was filled with pony faces of puking pony-emojis. Sunset sighed heavily.

"I have been in a completely different form for a long time now and have grown accustomed to it for a while. Sure, there are supplements to...meat," She hesitated saying the word, "But I tried okay?! Celestia, I tried to stay away from it. But I couldn't resist, and all my friends from Canterlot High were teasing me to try something different. They were understanding and supportive of me taking this step, going against everything Equestrian 'me' learnt about food and all, but one cannot apply the rules of one to another. Isn't there some friendship lesson or something to respect each other's normalities or customs? Oh hey, we just made a friendship lesson on the spot! Princess Twilight would be so proud. Let's all send a letter to her or something! Get Spike!"

The others gave a noise and nod of understanding, before giggling at Sunset's remark. Quick Cheque trying to maintain her professional image also burst into a fit of giggles.

"Still, even with this pony body, I can at least have a go? Some coastal villages in Equestria go fishing as well as seaweed farms, so what's wrong with that?" She turned to the chatbox to find, much to her surprise, a round of applause showing in the comments, along with hearts and smiley faces.

"I understand," Quick Cheque smiled sympathetically, "It's not every day a pony suddenly asks for a meat menu." She turned to the table of menus and gave Sunset the griffon special one, "Now let's start again." She took a deep breath and claimed her nerves after that fiasco, "Is there anything on the menu that's to your fancy?" Sunset smiled and looked down until she found something.

"Lightly poached fish? seasoned well so the meat isn't that strong?" Sunset asked with a more confident smile.

"Of course," The pegasus smiled, "They will be with you shortly." She handed back the menus and trotted to the kitchen, ripping the orders out of the notebook to give to the chefs.

"You hear that everypony?" Starlight looked at the camera of the iPad, "A live friendship lesson for all of you to share! That's the R.U.G. way!" The others rolled their eyes at Starlight's remark as laughing emojis appeared in the chatbox.

"Thanks for understanding," Sunset smiled at the others.

"What are great and powerful friends for?" Trixie winked, "Wink."

"Trixie! I swear by all the magic-" Starlight's mouth was met with Trixie's hoof.

"Shhh," Trixie cooed, "Enjoy the friendship moment." This caused Starlight to groan inwardly. It was the right time too, as the food was served and everypony dug right in.

"I can see why Twilight loves the horseshoe wedges," Starlight said between crunches, "These are to go to the moon for!"

"Nothing beats pulling the strings of melting cheese off a toasty piece of bread," Tempest looked lovingly at the cheesy mess as she ate her sandwich, "The flowers are freshly picked and you can tell by the way that they taste."

"Even the fish is good!" Sunset groaned in bliss, "And my pony form isn't affected by it,"

"Not even the smell?" Trixie teased, before being elbowed by a glaring Starlight. Sunset chuckled and shook her head, busy enjoying the combination of having friends by her side and food to enjoy.

"Well, the carrot dogs and extra hayfries are just as great and powerful as moi!" Trixie announced proudly, causing the others to laugh. The chatbox was busy exploding with hungry faces and food icons.

"I think it's best if we leave Quick Cheque a tip for all her troubles," Starlight contemplated, "Element of Generosity and all that you know?" The others nodded in agreement, their mouths too busy with food.

"Well, I think our first Livestream lunch was a success and hit," Sunset looked down at the chatbox once more, happy to see that their followers were agreeing with her.

"Thank you to the Hayburger for providing us with hoof-licking good food," Tempest said, "We had fun, laughs and learnt something as well. We will be back soon for more R.U.G., but until next time, it's goodbye from Tempest Shadow."

"Sunset Shimmer."

"Trixie"

"And Starlight Glimmer."

"Bye everypony and creature!" Sunset pressed the button to stop the Livestream.

...

"Can we have dessert?"

Comments ( 18 )

I should be working... :facehoof:

“And I will have a berry twist special,” Tempest nodded.

Of course she would.

"Can we have dessert?"

dang now I'm hungry

11055410
Meanwhile, I'm actually having fruit XD

Thank goodness I was eating breakfast when I read this, otherwise I would be very hungry
And good on Sunset for being brave enough to admit that as a human she's eaten meat, she likes it and is willing to try it as a pony. And yay, friendship lesson :twilightsmile:
Good story

11055499
Thank you for the compliment ^^

Wow I wasn't expecting the story nice to see you even though it's a spin off but hey pretty cool and it looks like r u g are doing a little bit live streaming by the technology is getting much better I mean look at the technology in the My Little Pony new generation although it was pretty funny to see the reaction that Sunset it's asking for meat anyway that was a pretty fun one keep up the good work

"And looks like Rainbow has sent several angry faces..." Tempest trailed off, "I wonder why?" She asked herself. Trixie and Starlight gave each other knowing looks.

Rainbow seriously needs help because it seems like she is an alcoholic at time.

Nice story! Very entertaining!

"Can we have dessert?"

Who was asking for desert?! 😂

Not one mishap. Not even from Lyra Heartstrings. I'm glad Sunset Shimmer provided a friendship lesson. Twilight would be proud of you, Sunset.

Comment posted by DecoGalileo deleted Feb 17th, 2022

I have a question (not to be rude or anything)
If it is the Reformed Unicorn Group, why there are only mares and and why they are the only ones in the gang? If it is a group of reformed unicorns, then our other reformed dudes who are unicorns who used to be antagonists or used to have a bratty, rotten attitude would be there (such as Stygian, Neighsay, etc.)

11156265
I mainly focused (as well as the art) on Twilight's closest unicorn friends really, which I wanted to base the artwork around

11156561
Oh, alright. I kept thinking of other reformed unicorns since the Reformed Unicorn Group Podcast story was released. I DID imagine if some other unicorns unicorns were there too :twilightblush:

Sunset held her iPad in her red magical aura as she got the camera set on the group. it was a sunny day in Ponyville, the warmth of the Solar Pricness’ sun bringing a nice day across Ponyville. The group were stationed outside where they were having their Livestream lunchtime break. With a decree of consent by the Princess of Friendship and Mayor Mare, they were able to set the connection up around town, abling ponies to see their lunchtime shenanigans.

Princess*

“With that being said,” Sunset continued to giggle, “Let’s get some grub!” The others nodded and, with the iPad still in Sunset’s magical gasp, opened the double doors. Once inside, they were hit with the smell of hayfries in the oil bath, carrot dogs sizzling and strong coffee and beverages being poured. With Princess Twilight giving the place her unofficial royal seal of approval, thanks to a certain mishap with the CMC, and with the rush of students at the School of Friendship, the place was packed. The sound of laughter of munching of filled gave the place comfort and relaxation as conversation flowed by. The group took in the sights, smells and sounds of the place before they found a secluded corner so their Livestream wouldn’t get interrupted too much.

You should remove of filled

“Thank you for your orders,” Quick Cheque hastily scribbled the final beverage down before tucking the notepad back under her wing, “I will go and collect them and then I will take your food.” The unicorns smiled and nodded in acknowledgement, the pegasus trotting down merrily to the drinks counter.

take your food makes no sense. It should really say "and hopefully you all have decided what you'll have when I get back."

"Could I have a look at the griffon menu?" Sunset repeated her request. The others around the table looked a tad greener. The chatbox was filled with pony faces of puking pony-emojis." Sunset sighed heavily.

You don't need that " after emojis.

“And I will have a berry twist special,” Tempest nodded.

What you did there - we see it! :trixieshiftright:

Login or register to comment