• Published 19th Nov 2021
  • 644 Views, 19 Comments

Celestia's Pokémon Journey - Norwegian boy



Celestia decided to have a her own Pokémon journey in Sinnoh

  • ...
9
 19
 644

Celestia's First Gym Battle

After her talk with Luna and her Pokémon was healed, Celestia was now standing in front of the gym in Oreburgh city and she was actually very nervous. She didn’t understand it, she has dealt with a loot things in her life, some of them she isn’t very proud of so it’s illogical that she should be nervous now.

Lumi look over to the elderly woman. “Nervous?” Celestia didn’t expect Lumi to talk so she almost jump out of her own skin. “It’s okay to be nervous, but that feeling will disappeared when the battle starts.” Celestia believe her. They walk in.

Once inside Celestia could see a man with light brown hair and he was wearing a yellow jack, he was sitting on chair behind a desk reading the newspaper. He didn’t notice the girls.

Celestia decided to speak up. “Excuse me.”

The man look up from the paper and he smiled when he saw them. “Welcome.” He stood up and put down the newspaper. “This is Oreburgh city gym, my name is Ian and I am guessing that you two are here to challenge Roark the gym leader.”

Lumi nodded her head towards Celestia. “She is, I’m just going to watch today.” She told Ian.

Ian nodded in understating. “That works,” He then look at Celestia. “my I get your name.”

“Yes, my name is Celestia Sun and I want a battle with Roark.” She blurt out.

Lumi couldn’t help but giggle of how nervous Celestia while Ian just smiled. “You are in luck, he is in the gym, if you two will follow me.” He then started to walk further into the building and the girls followed him.

They entered another room and Celestia could see a battle field that her sister fought on in the tournament, this one had rocks on it which made sense, considering the gym leader used rock Pokémon. In the middle of the field stood a man who had to be Roark, he was wearing a grey overall with some yellow on it, he was also wearing an orange helmet on his head, Celestia didn’t understand why.

Roark smiled when he saw Celestia and Lumi. “Welcome to Oreburg gym, my name is Roark and you have probably guessed that I am the gym leader. Now, who is the first challenger?” He asked them both.

Celestia step forward. “That’s me, my Celestia Sun and I am looking forward to battle you.” Then to every one surprised, she bowed.

Roark was surprised by Celestia’s action. “You don’t need to bow.” He told her.

Celestia got up pretty fast and she had a blush on her face. “I’m sorry, I’m just nervous.”

Lumi just rolled her eyes, this was getting ridiculous. She couldn’t understand why Celestia was so nervous, she wasn’t that when the battle in forest.

Roark and Ian just smiled. “It’s okay, everyone gets nervous. You want to begin?” Celestia nodded her head. “Great.” Roark then look at Ian. “Ian, if you would.” Ian walk over to where the judge stood, Lumi headed over to the stands while Roark and Celestia took their placed on each side of the battle field.

Ian was the judge. “The Oreburg city gym battle between Celestia the challenger and Roark the gym leader is about to get underway, the battle will be three on three and as soon as all three Pokémon either side is unable to counited, the challenge is over. In addition, only the challenger may substitute Pokémon. Now let the battle begin.”

Roark was up first. “Come out Geodude.” Out came a Pokémon that Celestia had battle before.

Then it was Celestia’s turn. “You’re up first Chimchar.” Out came the chimp Pokémon and Roark and Ian was a little surprised by Celestia choice, they thought she would use a Pokémon that had an advantage.

Lumi knew why Celestia chose Chimchar, she had no other option. Out of Celestia’s four Pokémon, Rookidee isn’t suitable to battle Roark’s rock Pokémon and considering Chimchar knows dig, the chimp Pokémon was her third choice.

Then Ian spoke up. “The challenger has the first move.”

Celestia know what to do. “Chimchar, use ember.” Chimchar fired away fire from its mouth which hit Geodude but it didn’t do much damage.

Roark didn’t understand why Celestia did that but right, he had to focus. “Use rollout.” Geodude rolled into a ball and started to spin and the Pokémon rolled towards Chimchar.

“Quickly, use dig.” The chimp Pokémon dug a hole and Grodude missed ending rollout. “Do it.” Then Chimchar came up right under Geodude which send the rock Pokémon flying up in the air, Geodude landed on the ground unconscious.

“Geodude is unable to battle, Chimchar is the winner.” Ian announced.

Everyone was surprised how easy Chimchar knocked out Geodude, especially Celestia. There are two option, one, Geodude was weak or Chimchar got lucky. Celestia think Chimchar got lucky and that won’t happened again.

Roark called back. Geodude. “Nice work.” He put away the ball and took out another one and thre it. “Come out Onix.” Out came the rock snake Pokémon, a Pokémon Celestia remember that Luna used in the tournament in Hoenn. “Use stealth rock.” Onix fired away small rock that became large as the landed around Chimchar.

Celestia watch in horror as Onix used stealth rock, this was the one move she didn’t want Roark to use but he did, she had to attack. “Use dig.” Chimchar dug another hole.

“That’s not going to work, use slam on the ground Onix.” The giant Pokémon slammed its tail on ground and it cracked sending Chimchar up in the air. “Use slam again.” Onix attack again and this he slammed his tail on Chimchar slamming the chimp Pokémon into the ground, Chimchar was out.

“Chimchar is unable to battle, Onix is the winner.” Ian announced.

Celestia couldn’t believe how strong Onix was, the giant Pokémon just destroyed the ground like it was nothing, but she wasn’t about to give up. Celestia called back Chimchar and got ready her next Pokémon. “You’re up Budew.” Out came the bud Pokémon and right away stealth rock activated and Budew was hurt, Celestia couldn’t worry about that now. “Use poison powder.” Budew’s bud open and out came dark blue powder that started to fall on the ground and Onix.

“That’s not good.” Said Roark with worried in his voice as his Onix became poison. “Move it Onix.” It was too late, the giant Pokémon was now poison. “Damn it, use double edge.” Onix headed towards Budew it its head first.

“Dodge the attack and use absorb.” The tiny Pokémon managed to jump away just as Onix head hit her, Budew and absorb some of Onix energy healing the damage she got from stealth rock. “Now, use bullet seed.” Budew fired away seed from its bud.

“Dodge that Onix.” The rock snake Pokémon managed to avoid the attack with ease and Celestia was surprised how fast Onix was. “Use double edge again.” Onix attack again and this the attack hit, Celestia was lost in thoughts.

Celestia was mad at herself. “Damn it, use absotb.” Budew recover and took the energy back.

Roark was done. “Use slam Onix.” The snake Pokémon attack with its tail again and Budew didn’t have the time, the bud Pokémon was out. Before Ian could announce that Onix was the winner, the giant snake Pokémon fell to the ground, unconscious.

“Both Pokémon is unable to battle, which means it’s a draw.” Ian announced.

Both trainer was surprised by that special Roark, he didn’t think that Onix was that hurt. Celestia and Roark called back their Pokémon and got ready there least one.

Roark was up first. “It’s your turn Cranidos.” Roark threw the Pokéball and out a Pokémon that Celestia hadn’t seen before, the Pokémon was standing on two legs, it was grey and blue and it very tough. Celestia took out her dex to see the data.

Cranidos the head butt Pokémon. It lived in the jungles around 100 million years ago. Its skull is as hard as iron.

Celestia was right, Cranidos look tough, she put away her dex and took out a Pokéball and threw it. “You’re up Shellos.” Out came the sea slug Pokémon and immediately he was hit by stealth rock, Celestia was not happy by that. “Use water gun.” Shellos fired away water from its mouth.

Roark was ready. “Dodge that and us headbutt.” Cranidos moved to the side and started to run towards Shellos who was to slow to move, he was hit hard by Grandios skull.

“Don’t give up, us another water gun.” Shellos managed to recover quickly and attack with water again and this time, Granidos didn’t have the time to move. “Now, use ancient power.” Shellos summoned rocks around himself and threw them wat Cranidos who was hit hard.

Roark had to do something. “Let’s use zen headbutt.” Cranidos started to run as its skull started to glow, then Granidos headbutt Shellos hard. Celestia just watch as Shellos landed in front of her, the sea slug Pokémon was hurt and tired, she had to end it with one attack, Roark thought the same. “Let’s use another zen headbutt.” Cranidos skull started to glow again as the Pokémon started to run.

Celestia had to do something. “Use water pulse.” Shellos managed to get up and fired away a ball of water that hit Granidos right in the face, the head butt Pokémon fell face first on the ground unconscious.

“Cranidos is unable to battle, Shellos is the winner, which means the victor is Celestia.” Ian announced.

Celestia couldn’t believe it, she had won. She was lost in her own thoughts and didn’t notice that Roark had called back Cranidos and was walking towards her.

“Nice work Celestia, by beating me you have won the Coal Badge.”

Roark’s voice brought Celestia out of her own thoughts. “Right, thanks.” She blinked a few times and took her badge and held it up to her face, she look at with a smile on her face. She had won her first badge.

Comments ( 1 )

Great work, I like how you made it seem like it the start of a new series.

Login or register to comment