• Published 11th Sep 2012
  • 10,368 Views, 235 Comments

Geoverse Part Three: To Live Is Human - GeodesicDragon



Geo is back in Equestria. But so is someone else...

  • ...
22
 235
 10,368

Epilogue

I grit my teeth as Twilight crushed my hand with her magic, her screams echoing down the corridor. Several weeks had passed since the incident with Derek in the Everfree, and I had tried to put it to the back of my mind; Twilight helped matters by going into labour.

Just... breathe through the pain! I thought. Holy fuck, this hurts!

"Come on, Twilight, you're nearly there," Doctor Haywick said gently. "A couple more pushes should do it."

Twilight's eyes nearly popped out her head as she screamed again. I felt the bones in my hand cracking as her hoof crushed it. Ignoring yet another bolt of agony, I looked down towards Haywick; his horn was glowing softly as he concentrated.

"You did this to me, Geo!" Twilight shouted. "Damn you!"

"We did this, Twilight," I replied. "I seem to remember you having as much of a part in the whole process as I did!"

"You son of a—" Twilight was interrupted by another scream escaping her; she fell back onto the bed, exhausted, and then there was nothing but silence in the room.

A silence which was finally broken by a crying foal, who was picked up by Haywick.

"It's a unicorn colt!" he placed the foal on Twilight's chest and she nuzzled him. "Well done, Twilight, you must be so proud."

"Well done indeed." I kissed her forehead and looked at the foal she cradled in her arms. "Hey there, little guy, welcome to the world."

The foal gave me a smile I thought for sure would tear my heart in two. Twilight kissed him gently and placed him in the nearby cot.

Next to his sister.

"Two unicorn foals." Haywick chuckled. "You'll certainly have your work cut out when their magic begins to manifest."

"We'll cope," I said.

Haywick nodded. "I have no doubts that you won't," he replied. "Anyway, my work here is done; I shall leave the four of you in peace." He went to the door. "Congratulations."

"Thanks, Doctor." Twilight and I spoke in unison.

Haywick left the room, leaving us alone with our children. We both looked at them as they took a nap, taking after me already.

"They're precious," Twilight said. "I love them already." She looked at me. "Sorry I yelled at you, Geo; it was the hormones talking."

"Don't worry about it," I replied. "I'd have probably said the same, if not worse, had the situation been reversed."

She giggled and nuzzled me. "Probably."

There was a knock at the door and Shining Armour entered. He had a huge smile on his face as he went and gave his sister a huge hug.

"Hey, Twiley," he said gently. "Congratulations." He looked at the foals. "Wait a minute, I thought you were only expecting one?"

I grinned. "We kept that well hidden, didn't we?"

"You sure did," Shining replied. "I guess you found out they were twins when you went for your first prenatal check-up, rather than your 'holy crap, it might be a hybrid' check?"

"Yes." Twilight rolled her eyes. "We were just as surprised as anypony else, but we felt that we deserved at least one secret."

"Fair enough, Twiley, fair enough." Shining chuckled, then looked at the clock; when he saw the time, his face fell. "Damn it. Sorry Geo, but we need to head back up to Canterlot."

"Already?" Twilight asked. "Oh come on, Shiny, don't do this; at least let him spend some time with the foals first."

"It's all right, Twilight," I said reassuringly, as Shining put a set of manacles around my wrists. "I'll be fine, I promise."

Twilight sighed. "I don't see why you got punished," she said bitterly. "You were only protecting your friend."

"I know," I replied. "But since Derek was attacking John and not me, that's why I got charged with culpable homicide."

"But Derek wasn't even an Equestrian citizen!" Twilight spat.

I kissed the top of her forehead. "I still took a life on Equestrian soil, Twi," I said. "But don't fret; I'll be back in no time at all."

Twilight kissed my cheek and nuzzled my face. "I waited for you once, so I think I can do it again," she whispered "I love you."

"I love you too," I replied, as Shining Armour took my arm and led me out of the room. When Twilight disappeared from view, I sighed and looked at him. "I took a life to protect those I cared about. And you know something, Shining Armour?"

"What's that, Geo?" he replied.

"I would do it again in a fucking heartbeat."

With those words Shining Armour led me outside, the hospital doors slamming shut with an echo that rang through the halls.

*** THE END ***

Author's Note:

And we're done with the edit!

If I've missed anything, such as a plot hole, please let me know ASAP. :twilightsmile:

Comments ( 62 )

Must...supress....urge...to....commit Authorcide mmmghh...so hard gahhh *pulls out chainsaw*

1307187 That does prepare yourself for an oblivion for which there is no preperation *revvs up chainsaw and chases you*

1307202

What - ahhh! - will it take to - whoa! - make you - eek! - stop?!

1307228 *continues to attempt to slash you with chainsaw* Nothing -ggrrrr - he went to jail - gaaargh - so you must perish *pours petrol on the chainsaw blade and lights it on fire*

1307246http://i1.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/353/279/e31.jpg

1307311

Indeed it did.

1307246

What if I told you that I'm not done with the whole 'Geo in Equestria' thing? Would that be enough to convince you to put that damn thing away?

1307331 For now but I shall be watching thee carefully * puts chainsaw away*

final part :(

1307335 dont worry *pulls out machete* i got your back

1307331 you have been warned:twilightangry2:

Hi

1311206 GEO CATCH *tosses him a shotgun while i pull out the tripod thrice mini gun barrel(pic)* i got your back along with my private army

Hi

1311883 *well as yur flying them you look behind you and see c4* OH SHI... *BOOOM you managed to survive only to get bombed by my nuclear/gama/atomic bombs (25 in all)* yep yoir dead also i was with geo in the only bunker that can survive that.

Hi

1311883 i never said they were there yet so they survived but you and the other dude died

1311919 tsk tsk think you could kill me that easy im friends with pinkie so your gonna have to try harder then that

how about this we call a truce so me and you dont destroy the world what with your bombs and my other a-10 what you think i only had one

Seriously, guys.

If either of you destroys the world, then I stop writing. I don't know about you, but I don't see the point in writing for a dead audience.

Hi

1313091 ok truce... you wanna kick the hell out of satan with me? 1313127 boo you ruined my friendly game of destruction

1317121 sure why not he never said we couldnt destroy hell 1313127 all right we wont destroy the world..........yet :trollestia:

Hi

1317150 i was making a joke... kick the HELL out of SATAN satan rules hell get it? Plus i wanted to rule it also maybe in a week or two well destroy it unless of course you want it shorter

1317173 lol sorry dude its 1:14 AM so i dindnt even realize that oh and if my spellings of well again its 1:14 AM p.s. sure it sounds like fun to rule it we could make it awsome so lets forget about destroying it but dam i realy want to destroy a world hey idea if you have any more of those bombs we could put it on my A-10 modify it to fly in space and go blow up some other planet and you could tag along for the ride

Hi

1317214 actually i alreadybeen doing that if you notice mars is gone you can have about three because that ammount destroys one planet also have this *gives you my veryown modifyd plane/space ship* if it gets it all youll fell is a tiny bumb

1317281 nice hey do you have borderlands 2 for 360

Hi

1318546 srry no plus i have a ps3 i think the systems are even enough tho not favoring one or the other

i agree with you i dont like 360/ps3 fanboys

You know what? I thought that she would have an Alicorn or something at first :derpytongue2:

wow, u really just did that

And yet again.......fuck!!!

That's......not.....right!!!:twilightangry2::twilightangry2::twilightangry2::twilightangry2::twilightangry2::twilightangry2::twilightangry2:

Twilight sighed.

"I don't see why you have to go to jail." she said bitterly. "You were protecting your friend. That's why you killed Derek."

"We know that," I replied, "but as you know, the prosecution said my self-defence statement wasn't exactly true, since Derek was attacking John, and not me."

"But Derek wasn't even an Equestrian citizen!" Twilight spat.

I kissed the top of her forehead.

"I know. But I still took a life on Equestrian soil." I said. "Anyway, I'll be back soon. Just you wait."

Argh.. Darn Loop holes.

Also Twi has twins?

Ok, reread of the "To X is human"-trilogy is done. Next: continuing on in the Geoverse!

Just, gonna leave a praising comment here :twilightsmile:

Since I left a comment on To Friend is Human .. some hours ago, I'm still not sure if there is some main thing that makes me like this storyline/universe this much, hm.
I gave it some thought, and it might be that the story is so .. I cant find a word for it, content? What I mean is, the flow of the fic is nice, it has a pretty calm going and the characters are well put, toghether with the situations they are beeing put in. It isn't one of those fics where Equestria is dying, everything is exploding, and everyone are turning into dragons to save the world.. Ok, I went a bit overboard there, but, I'm not sure what I'm trying to point towards here.*

I like this fic because its a nice look into Geo's life in Equestria. It's a pretty calm story showing some of the problems in the human society, toghether with one look onto both the physical theory and actual social integration of migration to Equestria. It doesn't go overboard (as I was trying to proove with my earlier rambling), but instead takes everything in a calm and interesting rate.

Now I hope this comment made some sense, I shouldn't try writing structured comments at 3:35 AM, oh well :facehoof:
Thanks a lot for writing this and putting it up for everyone to enjoy!
M

* And, I just want to point out that the example wasn't there to examplify a bad story, just a different story. I'm trying to somehow point out what I like in this fic. But, I have also read and greatly enjoyed multiple stories with ... lets say extreme situations. It's more about setting and premise in those cases :twilightsmile:

:facehoof: you can't add this to the Rainbow Dash folder unless it had Rainbow Dash as a main character, as in her own tag not that group hug tag (mane 6)

2168626

Well perhaps you should have made that clear on the actual group page.

Why would I? It's pretty obvious, every other story in this group have Rainbow Dash as the main character
If you want to put them in a group that bad put them in a Twilight Sparkle group or something

2168784

She's in the story and she has dialogue. As far as I'm concerned that makes her a main character.

The Equestrian Justice System really needs to add on or expand their "Justifiable Homicide" or "Justifiable Ponycide" rules.

Silver Shako collapses to the ground, a rainbow-coloured liquid flowing from the glowing spot on his chest, as Geo laughs maniacally, cocking a 12-gauge shotgun with the word "Feels" emblazoned on both sides.

Yep. It was a 12-gauge.(I love obsessing over the feels shotgun)

2570095

:rainbowhuh:

Could you elaborate on that please?

Errrm, uhhh, I see. Jail. I'm biting my tongue here, figuratively. Nice story anyways.

:pinkiegasp::fluttershyouch::applecry::fluttercry::raritycry::raritydespair:

Why did it have to be Geo!

Oops,:twilightsmile:!Keep forgetting to do my rating. Been so excited about the next story. Seventeen Scootaloos and the Scootaloo seal of Approval for my no longer Wonderbolt friend.

:scootangel::scootangel::scootangel::scootangel::scootangel::scootangel::scootangel::scootangel::scootangel::scootangel::scootangel::scootangel::scootangel::scootangel::scootangel::scootangel:

Not all of it will show up. I'll put most in this comment, and put the rest in another comment.

Geo to jail

That's some fucking bullshit!

Ooook Equestrian law seems pretty fkd up. As far as I know, this would fall under the "Emergency assistance" rule were I live. Especially if John (and I guess he did) backs his statement up!

This is applied when someone is in great danger, and you help them. All property or other harm caused during your help (Unless you acted totally out of context... like smashing something that didn't need to be smashed to help someone) can NOT used to charge you for anything.

In a situation like this, in which a death has occured, youd maybe get a entry in your record, but that would be about it, since Geo is clean otherwise. (Which is also to be taken into consideration. Or did I miss a crime he conducted and was charged for?)

loving this story

Calling BS on equestrias judicial system

Oh thank christ it's not an alicorn.

5330279 Why would you even come to the conclusion of the foals being alicorns?

The fuck?
Standing around and doing nothing can actually put you in criminal assistance...this is bullshit.

Login or register to comment