• Published 27th Nov 2021
  • 171 Views, 1 Comments

Friendship is Destruction - Ex-SaviorFanfics



When Twilight and her friends end up in a dark version of Equestria, they must discover horrifying truths and fight a great evil to return home while learning one thing... Sometimes friendship isn't magic. Sometimes it's destruction.

  • ...
 1
 171

Cutie Map Conundrum

Twilight frowned as she trotted inside the castle of friendship. It had been quite awhile since she'd stepped inside here. Being the new ruler of Equestria was so busy that she hadn't visited Ponyville since the shift in leadership. She had recieved a letter from her friends that the cutie map had been trying to summon her for the whole day. In any other situation she'd have to either decline or ask Starlight to go with them if her former student wasn't doing her principal duties at the school. But this was the cutie map, and if it was calling her specifically then the mission could be disastrous without her. She trotted through the halls of her old home, nostalgia hitting her deep in the heart. She only wished Spike had come along to feel this with her, but he'd stayed behind to try and keep things going while she was away. She was taken from her thoughts as she entered a room all too familiar to her. There it sat, the cutie map. And around it, all of her friends sat, laughing and chatting. Something so simple and common, and it made Twilight's eyes tear up. Only Twilight's chair was empty, and next to it sat Starlight, who noticed her old teacher first. "Twilight! You're here!"

Twilight smiled as the purple unicorn raced up to her. "Starlight! It's great to see you!"

Pinkie tackled Twilight over and giggled, her hair bouncing. "Twilight you're here! I've gotta catch you up on all the parties you missed!"

Applejack dragged Pinkie off, smiling just a little. "Now calm down Pinkie, I'm happy to see her too but this isn't a social call."

Rainbow Dash flew over quickly and hovered over Twilight, excitement gleaming in her eyes. "Are you kidding me? An adventure is the ultimate social call!"

Rarity trotted over gracefully, wearing a beautiful purple dress. "Indeed it is! But a serious one nonetheless."

Twilight tilted her head. "That's a nice dress Rarity, but what's the occasion? Nothing too special is happening."

Rarity made what only could be described as disbelieving beatbox noises. "As if I wasn't going to look great seeing our greatest friend again! And a journey is about the dress not the destination!" Twilight decided not to correct that statement.

Fluttershy stayed in her seat and smiled shyly. "I think it's a beautiful dress, Rarity. Especially because we won't be going anywhere, so it won't get ruined."

Twilight raised an eyebrow "Huh? What do you mean by that, Fluttershy?"

Fluttershy ducked her head ever so slightly. "Well, um... You see-"

Rainbow Dash zoomed in front of Fluttershy, interrupting. "The map says the problem is right here in the castle!"

Twilight frowned and approached the map for a closer look. Her, Fluttershy's, Applejack's, Rarity's, Rainbow Dash's, and Pinkie Pie's cutie marks were all hovering around the castle on the map. "That's a little strange..."

Applejack stepped forward. "We thought about going without you, with you being ruler and all, but the moment we began to speak about it, your mark started glowing brighter. Like it was waiting for you."

Twilight blinked in surprise. "That's very strange! I wonder what the problem could be..." She put a hoof on the table and gasped as it started to vibrate. In a flash, a ball of light floated from the table and flew down the hall, the cutie marks following it. Twilight felt a rush of adventure she'd not felt in a long while and smirked just a bit. "Come on girls! Let's go!"

They all took off after the light and eventually came to a familiar room. It was the room that housed the portal to the human world and Canterlot High. The ball of light went just inside the glass and the swirling purple light in the mirror slowly faded to red. The ball then disappeared and the cutie marks swirled in a circle around it. Starlight frowned. "Isn't that the portal to Canterlot High?"

Twilight looked thoughtful. "It was, but... Now I'm not so sure. When leading to the human world, it was glowing purple. Call me crazy but maybe the ball of light changed the destination?"

Rainbow Dash looked excited. "A new world to explore and we all get to go this time?! Heck yeah, let's go!"

She went to zoom in but Applejack gripped her tail with her teeth and pulled her back down. "Now hold on Dash! We have no idea what's waiting for us in there! We need to prepare!"

Rarity shook her head. "Usually I'd agree, but how do we prepare for something we know nothing about. We should just go in quickly and get a grip on our surroundings as fast as possible."

Pinkie jumped up and down. "Maybe they've never had parties there and I can throw a party for a whole entire world!"

Fluttershy eyed the portal nervously. "Red glowing usually means bad... Maybe we should prepare."

No one seemed to notice Fluttershy speaking and Twilight simply nodded. "Alright let's do this."

Fluttershy sighed. "Why do I even bother?"

Starlight looked from the portal to Twilight. "Fluttershy is right. Red glow usually means something bad. As a precaution, if you aren't back withing 48 hours I'm going to get Celestia and Luna. I'm sure if it meant getting you all out of danger, they wouldn't mind coming out of retirement for a day."

Fluttershy smiled and mouthed 'thank you' to Starlight, who winked back at her. Twilight was about to argue, panicked that if the former rulers needed to save them, they would think she was failing as leader, but sighed, knowing Starlight was stubborn. She couldn't help a slight smile. "Agreed. Now is everypony ready?" Everypony nodded except Fluttershy who gulped and eyed the portal worriedly. Twi looked at the portal and took a deep breath. "Let's go!"

With that the Mane Six ran through the portal. "Good luck, and be careful!" Starlight called after them, as they faded away from sight.

Author's Note:

This is my first time writing a fanfiction in years. Any pointers or places I could edit would be appreciated!