• Published 12th Jan 2022
  • 2,365 Views, 39 Comments

Date Night: The Next Step - milesprower06



The time for Hitch's and Sunny's third date has come, and as Maretime Bay's sheriff comes to the lighthouse for dinner, Sunny wonders if it's time to take the next step in their blossoming relationship. Are they ready?

  • ...
2
 39
 2,365

Hitch's Confession

Sunny took the platter and corked wine back into the kitchen, putting the bottle in the fridge and got the dishes rinsed off and in the dishwasher, which wasn't quite ready for a full cycle, then came back out to the living room, and made her way towards the stairs, motioning Hitch to join her.

Hitch visibly swallowed, but stepped out of the living room and followed his marefriend up the stairs to her bedroom.

He had spent more time on the top floor than he had in here, and hadn't been in here at all since the repair and rebuild, but while the construction teams modernized where they could, they stayed true to the original blueprints when it came to layout.

Her bedroom's layout had remained largely unchanged, as she had put everything back the way it was back before Sprout's demolition. The only immediate noticeable difference was, as with the rest of the structure, the modernizing, as the painted cast-iron radiator had been replaced with the space-saving vent in the floor.

Hitch was fairly certain of what her intentions were as she stood at her bedside, smiling at him, tail swishing from side to side, and she picked up on his hesitation almost immediately when she looked him in the eyes.

"Hitch? Is something wrong?" She asked, seeing Hitch shift uneasily on his legs.

"I... Sunny, are you sure about this?" Hitch asked.

"Sure. I mean, I think so. A bit nervous, but who wouldn't be for their first time? I-if you're worried about an unexpected addition in a year... I've started taking protection, so you don't need to worry." Sunny said, her nerves also apparent in her voice.

Hitch took a slow breath.

"I mean, I'm glad you're taking those kind of precautions, but... Sunny, I don't think I'm ready," Hitch confessed, seeing her ears twitch in disappointment. "I really, truly care about you, Sunny, and I want to be absolutely honest with you; I don't believe I deserve you in that way yet."

Sunny took a couple steps towards her boyfriend.

"Deserve me...?" She asked, trying her best not to sound hurt, just confused.

"I'm still really ashamed of how I treated you before reunification, Sunny. 'The law is the law'? What kind of bullshit excuse is that? I threatened you with incarceration, I even threatened our friendship, when we've known each other our whole lives... When all you were trying to do is make Equestria a better place... When you were right all along. I don't feel like I've done enough to make up for that, before I can feel comfortable being with you in that way..."

Now that he had spilled his heart, he stood there and waited for judgement from his marefriend, who stood there staring at him with a look of concern. After a few moments, she walked up to him and pulled him into a gentle hug.

"You're not the only one in Maretime Bay who's ashamed of who they used to be, Hitch. I think we've all become better ponies in the last few weeks. I remember what you said when you wanted to do your part, and you did. You got us out of the Crystal Tea Room, you did what you could to hold off Sprout's machine... And we've been on three fantastic dates together. No matter what you do, you're not going to be able to change the past, but just know that I will never hold it against you."

Sunny pulled away from the hug and gave him a sympathetic smile.

"If you need more time, I am absolutely willing to wait. We don't have to do anything tonight, but if you like, I'd still like to share my bed with you tonight," Sunny offered, beckoning him over.

"I'd like that," Hitch replied, managing to smile again. Sunny pulled back the comforter, climbed into bed and slid over to the far side to make room for Hitch. He slid in under the covers, and got comfortable. Sunny reached over to shut the light off, before she snuggled in close and kissed him on the snout.

"See you in the morning, Hitch."

Comments ( 22 )

short but good!

Well it looks like they were prepared to go to sleep and she looks like she was ready for something but hitch felt like he's not ready or felt like he deserve it after what happened from the previous movie but Sunny never hold it against him sometimes you just have to wait until they felt comfortable this was a pretty sweet story keep up the good work

I'll say it again, because it can't be said enough: Hitch is best pony. :heart:

I'm not gay. I'm 100% straight. That percentage drops to about 64% whenever Hitch is involved.

Well, I stand (partially) corrected. Good on ya, Hitch.

11120553
My thoughts about Hitch

Before seeing the movie: Eh, Hitch looks like another Spike. A typical idiot male character who's there to be the butt of jokes, get ragged on constantly, and be a total wimp who can't stand up to Sunny. He'll just be there to make everyone else look better.

After seeing the movie: Quietly jumps into the screen, scoops up Hitch, and walks away. This is mine now.

3 things Hitch will fight to the death to protect

1. His friends (Especially Sunny)
2. The citizens of Maretime Bay.
3. His virginity. :rainbowlaugh::rainbowlaugh::rainbowlaugh::rainbowlaugh::rainbowlaugh:

11120553
See ? Told ya, we can never be 100% sure of something. And that's a good thing for stories to have :coolphoto:

11120563
I've had Hitch for about a day and a half. But if anything happened to him, I would kill everyone in this fandom and then myself.

"I remember you said when you wanted to do your part, and you did.

You probably don’t need to add ‘What,’ between ‘remember,’ and ‘you,’ but I can’t help but think one ought to be there. I’m probably just used to it being said that way, though.

Sunny reached over the shut the light off, before she snuggled in close and kissed him on the snout.

That first ‘the’ should be a ‘to.’

Cute story, I like the direction you took with Hitch thinking that he doesn’t deserve to be this close to Sunny, after how she treated her during the events of the movie; that’s an understandable concern. Sunny and Hitch deserve to take their time, and let their relationship build up naturally.

Cute story, the way you portray Sunny and Hitch + their relationship is really sweet. Good work!

11120840
During the movie, after he tells Sunny off for her stunt at the Canterlogic factory: Wow, okay... He's definitely not another Spike. He really should have handled that better. He shouldn't have told her that those stories of pony unity were made up by her dad. That was out of line.

Still, props to him for having some backbone.

Short, cute, and realistic, Love it!

Brother I really love this kind of readings where the guy gives himself the importance of thinking and taking care of his girl with that delicacy and with the right words, although I would really like to see a chapter where they can take the next step and give themselves...and taking into account how romantic and sweet you write I'm sure it will be great! I look forward to continue with this reading!:heart:

11160116
Well, I've certainly thought about it, but a chapter like that cannot be in the same story, as it would undoubtedly be rated Mature.

Comment posted by Ice Cr3am deleted Feb 22nd, 2022

11160175
You are right, you can consider it, also as you have delicacy to write therefore it would be a beautiful chapter,:raritystarry: I hope you consider it I would love to read it you can put a similar title and have it classified in mature, it is just a suggestion because if it would be beatiful (3

11161398
I've been considering it since even before making this story. But writing-wise, I've got quite a bit on my plate and back burners, so it will likely be some time. Thanks for the suggestions, though.

11161411
I understand about the time I know there are many occupations but if that's what it's about I wouldn't mind waiting, you're welcome and thanks for answering <3

"I'd like that," Hitch replied, managing to smile again. Sunny pulled back the comforter, climbed into bed and slid over to the far side to make room for Hitch. He slid in under the covers, and got comfortable. Sunny reached over to shut the light off, before she snuggled in close and kissed him on the snout.

A happy ending to a great story. And despite it's not 100% canon atm, I still ship Sunny & Hitch 100%! :twilightsmile:

I really love this kind of reading. I really like the way you write so sweetly and romantic, I can't stop reading it duck life I reread it at least 3 times

11456189
Thanks for reading, and re-reading!

Login or register to comment