• Published 26th Nov 2021
  • 330 Views, 0 Comments

Cloudsdale High School - LightningChaser04



From nothing more than a team in the science fair to best friends. What will happen? Read to find out!

  • ...
 0
 330

The only chapter, ig?

Rainbow was walking around the classroom. The science classroom exploded for the 8th time, that month. The whole class was making their projects for the science fair. The students had been put into groups of 4. She had been put with Misty Fly, who was one of her best friends since 2nd grade, High Winds, who she didn’t really get to know, but still knew was one of the best athletes in their school, and Soarin. She never knew him too well either, but had been pranked by him more than once.

Their project was the one that exploded. According to High Winds, it was because of water.

She was just walking around, listening to music on her earphones, which were either in her ears, or in their case in her pocket. She was listening to one of her favourite songs, Heart Attack, by Demi Lovato. But then she got bored of occasionally mouthing the words, and looking at the ruined project, and decided to go over to the project.

And then, Rainbow Dash glanced over at Misty Fly, who was holding a bottle. Which was full of water. “Wait.. hold on, did you sabotage the project Misty!!” asked Rainbow Dash, looking a bit angry.

“What? No I didn’t!” replied the blue-haired girl.

“Be honest!!” said Rainbow, in a very stern and loud voice.

“I’m pretty sure she didn’t do it. And, besides, that isn’t even her bottle. I remember seeing Rapid Fire around, holding that kind of bottle. I think it’s Fleetfoot’s bottle.” said High Winds.

“Ohh yeah.. Misty’s bottle’s actually violet, with a flip-open. This one uses a button, and is a more magenta shade.” said Soarin, his eyes widening.

“Okay, then what are we waiting for?? Let’s go interrogate Rapid!!” said Rainbow, determined to find the saboteur and bust them.


The 4 soon made their way over to Rapid Fire, who was fidgeting with a pencil with a flame pencil cap.

“Oh, hey, what’re y’all up to?” asked Rapid, calmly.

“Admit it!!” said High Winds.

“Okay, okay! I’ve always had a crush on Spitfire!!”

Rainbow facepalmed.
“Not that! Did you spill water on our project and put Fleetfoot’s bottle in Misty’s hand??”

“No, and FYI, that bottle is not Fleetfoot’s. Hers has a star pattern on it. It’s actually that quiet girl Raindrops’ bottle. Fleetfoot just asked me to hold her bottle for a while, and so I did.” replied Rapid Fire, keeping the same calm composure as earlier.

“Oh.. well, thank you anyway, and sorry for any inconvenience..” said Misty Fly, in her usual shy voice.

“It was really no problem. But I do remember seeing Spitfire around your project. I don’t know what exactly she was up to though.” said Rapid, scratching his chin a bit.

And so, the team went off to interrogate Spitfire.
“Did you sabotage our project?!” asked Soarin, in a slightly stern voice.
“Uh no.. it would have been lame without my help anyway.” said Spitfire. [This is an AU, so she might act a bit OOC. Sorry Spitfire fans!]

Dash and Soarin frowned a bit, and Misty’s eyes were filled with tears. But, for *ahem* some reason, High Winds was angry at Spitfire when she saw the look on Misty Fly’s face. And her rude comment too of course. He then raised his voice a bit. “DID YOU DO IT?? YES OR NO!” he said, sounding a bit threatening when he said that.

Spitfire would usually yell back, but since this was High Winds we’re talking about, and he was in aggressive mode, she never yelled back, and simply said “No, now leave me alone, will ya?” and went off.

Meanwhile, Rainbow Dash sighed as she remembered Spitfire’s and Misty’s argument a month or two ago. She never stopped to see what it was about, as she and Soarin were in the middle of an epic prank war, and she was busy placing whoopee cushions on random seats and toothpaste inside Oreos.

Eventually, Dash won the prank war, by changing Soarin’s phone wallpaper to a cute Chihuahua or a Beagle. Maybe it was a cat. I don’t know, I’m no good with cat breeds. Who would’ve thought that a wallpaper could’ve freaked him out!
And, for some reason, Rainbow was the only person who knew his phone’s passcode, beside his parents and himself, of course.

But anyway, let’s hop back into the main story!

Soarin was fidgeting with a notebook. He gasped silently, glanced at Misty Fly or giggled every 30 seconds or something. After a minute or two, he burst into very quiet laughter. Nobody except Rainbow Dash could hear it. “What’s in that notebook? School stuff? Your journal? Plans for the project? *gasp* Fiction on all of us? I hope you haven’t written any ships then in that case.” she asked, tilting her head a bit.
“It isn’t school stuff. You’ve seen my school stuff book before!” he said. He then blushed a bit. “NO WAY! I don’t even have one!” he objected. But, in reality, he DID have a journal, filled with weird fantasies.
He said no to the 3rd and 4th question too.

“It’s even better. Misty’s journal!” he said, with an evil smile on his face. “Cool, what’s in it?” asked Rainbow curiously.
“Weird, hilarious fantasies and fiction on the 4 of us.”
“Can I read?” she asked.
“Sure.” replied the navy blue haired boy and gave Rainbow the book. It had a couple of drawings here and there, and some hilarious fantasies.

The drawings were mostly random sceneries or characters/people. One was a sunset, where there were 6-7 characters viewing the sunset One of them, in particular, had light blue hair like Misty’s. The character who was standing next to Misty in the drawing was most likely High Winds, with his silver hair. Both of them were standing quite close to each other. A few centimetres away from them were another 2 characters, sitting down. One had dark purple hair, while the other, sitting next to her had dark blue hair. He was also yellow-skinned. Rainbow Dash and Soarin were there too. It looked like Rainbow was taking a photo, while Soarin was a bit further away from her, holding something that looked like an apple pie.

Anyway, drawings aside, let’s get into the fantasies.

“What’s this? A love letter?” asks Rainbow curiously and reads it.

After reading a few hilarious and juicy fantasies, Rainbow Dash just couldn’t control herself. She then began laughing hysterically. The other two people turn back to see what was going on, and why she was laughing. Misty then noticed the book in Soarin’s hand and grabbed it. She then put it in her backpack and said “Please don’t tell anyone..” and blushed.

Then the four went off to the basketball court, where they all usually hung out to discuss their project for 5-10 minutes, before they left to have fun with their friends.
But this time, they weren’t going to the basketball court or talking about their project. They had decided to go to the cafeteria and split up there. Misty Fly went to a quiet spot to talk to Fleetfoot. High Winds went to get something to eat. Soarin went off to talk to the twins Fire and Lightning Streak, but Dash called him back for a moment, about their ‘project’.

They quietly sat down at a table, not knowing that High Winds was nearby. “I really think that it’s Spitfire who did it. I remember seeing her act all attractive around High Winds. Misty never did anything like that, but does act very shy around him. And what we saw in the journal proved it. They both like High! But Spitfire has noticed her blushing around him, and so she must have sabotaged the project, and put the water bottle where she could easily find it. It all makes sense now! But we’d have to ask Misty Fly, Spitfire and High Winds.” said the rainbow-haired girl with excitement. But, High Winds heard her and went over.

“Ask me what?” he asked sternly.
“Nothing!” replied Soarin and laughed sheepishly.
“Come on guys, what are you up to?” asked High Winds. He then looked at Rainbow Dash. “Another one of your silly pranks?”
“Nah, we were just thinking of, uh.. asking you guys if you were free on Saturday, so we could have a Zoom meeting to discuss on the project a bit.” replied Rainbow sheepishly.
“Then why should Spitfire be involved?” he asked, a small smirk on his face.
“Be involved in what?” asked Misty Fly, and sat down next to Rainbow Dash.

“Should we explain it to them?” whispered Soarin in Rainbow’s ear. “I think we’ll just completely lose Misty’s trust.”

“It’s fine. I have a small trick up my sleeve.” replied Rainbow, and took her AirPods out of her pocket.

“Hey Misty, I just got new AirPods. You wanna test them out?” asked Rainbow, and handed her the AirPods.

“Sure, why not!”

Misty Fly put on the AirPods and began listening. Rainbow put on her favourite song, and at full volume too.

Meanwhile, Soarin began explaining. “Well.. uh.. Misty Fly here, she, well.. she has..”
“What?”
“Actually, I think Dash’ll explain it better, hehe..” said Soarin sheepishly.

Dash sighed. “Well, I’ll tell you, but please, for Misty Fly’s sake, don’t get mad. I think she’s already mad at Soarin and I..”

“I won’t get mad, don’t worry. Now what exactly does Misty ‘have’? I hope she’s all right.” said High Winds with a reassuring smile.

“She.. she has a crush.” said Dash. Now, for some reason he became a bit unhappy. “O-okay. On who?”

“Um.. it-it’s.. Just see for yourself!!” she yelled and showed a page from Misty’s diary with a love letter on it.

Just looking at the first three words, ‘Dear High Winds’ made him turn tomato-red. He stared at Misty Fly, who was still listening to music, and then a *ahem* particularly interesting-looking spot on the wall. “I-is this a prank? What are you two up to?” he asked nervously.
“No. Rainbow Dash’s handwriting is way worse than this. No offence Dash. And there’s no way this can be my handwriting! This is definitely Misty’s.” said Soarin and giggled a bit.

High Winds then put the book on the table and ran away.
“Misty, can I have my AirPods back now please?” asked the rainbow haired girl. Misty gave her the AirPods back. “Here you go. They’re amazing!”

“Thanks for testing them out!” said Rainbow Dash with a small smile.
“No problem Rainbow.. wait.. d-did you read my journal!! That’s private!!” yelled Misty and took her journal. “And where’s High Winds?”

“I dunno. But he went that way.” said Soarin, and pointed north-east. “You go find him.. hehe”


Misty looked around and soon saw High Winds.
“Hey..” said High Winds with a sigh.
“H-hi. D-do you know now?” asked Misty, with a sad look.
“Yeah.. I-I never expected that..”
“I’m really sorry. Can we start over? A-as just friends?”
“We still are friends, don’t worry, hehe.. I’m not mad or anything. I-I’m mostly surprised..” said High Winds with a reassuring smile.
“Surprised?”
“Y-yeah.. I.. I’ve actually.. I think.. well.. I had feelings for you for the past 4-5 months.. I was pretty sure you wouldn’t.”
“R-really? You know, y-you don’t have to lie to me about this.”
“I’m not lying.. really..”

They both sighed.

“You wanna get revenge on Dash and Soarin?” asked Misty slyly.
“This is the moment I’ve been waiting for!”
“Okay, so here’s my plan. Have you shipped them?”
“Yes.. sometimes. Why?”
“Because, we’re about to give them a taste of their own medicine!” said Misty Fly and laughed evilly.
“But do you even have a plan or anything?” asked High Winds.
“No, actually..”
“Well, I have an idea now. Maybe you can use my old pocket journal, decorate it a bit, and probably rewrite most of those fantasies a bit differently.”
Misty facepalmed. “That obviously won’t work! It’ll mostly cause confusion. Wait, I’ll call up Blaze. Maybe we can use your journal plan, but it’s Blaze’s, not mine.” High Winds smiled.

“Oh yeah! That’s a good plan. Knowing them, I’m sure they’ll be talking to each other near the basketball court. Maybe Blaze is holding her diary, stops to talk, and she leaves it on a bench.”
“Good idea. But how will this work if Rainbow doesn’t get jealous or anything?” asked Misty.
“I know she will be. There have been a few occasions where Rainbow’s face turned red. An example of this was back in February. I think she received a letter from Soarin on Valentine’s Day. although she herself had no idea that the letter was from him. And he had actually typed out the letter.” said High Winds with a smirk so good that it could give Dash’s smirk a run for its money.

“Ok, but how do you know?” asked Misty.

“Soarin told me, hehe.”

“Oh, ok. Makes sense. I’ll call Blaze up at home after class today, and tomorrow, we’ll taste sweet revenge.” said Misty, with a smirk of her own.


It was break time again. As usual, they were casually chatting, when Blaze came in.
“Hey guys! So, hehe.. what’s up?”
“The sky, I guess?” said Soarin and laughed. Blaze and Rainbow joined in the laughter. They eventually stopped. “Oh, looks like it’s music class for me soon. See ya later!” said Blaze and ran off.

“Okay, bye!” said Rainbow and smiled. But the diary was on the table. Rainbow, being the first to see it, read it. But once she saw the letters addressed to Soarin and sighed. “I.. I’m gonna go to the bathroom..” said Rainbow and went off. She left the journal open though.

Soarin just thought she’d gone to the bathroom and decided to wait a while, but even after 10 minutes, Rainbow Dash wasn’t back yet. He then got worried and went looking for her. Dash was then found in the classroom. She didn’t look too happy. “Um, Rainbow Dash? Are you okay?”

“I-I’m fine. Why d-do you even ask, hehe?” said Rainbow sheepishly.
“You said you’d gone to the bathroom, but you came our late, so I was worried.”

“Wow.. well, ok. But have you even seen Blaze’s Diary? It’s a mess, and it’s full of fantasies.” said Rainbow Dash and blushed a bit.
“No, not yet.. I was waiting for you.”
“Really? Well.. that’s sweet of you. Thanks..”
“Hehe, no problem.. wait, your face looks a bit red. Do you have a cold or something?” asked Soarin.
“No.. I-I’m fine.. probably just an allergy. Wow, I really don’t feel like myself today..” said Rainbow and scratched her her a bit. Her blush intensified.

“It’s okay Dashie, we’re friends. I can see that you like someone and were probably thinking about them. You can tell me who it is. Maybe I can help you.” he said, sounding a bit sad.

“Okay, but.. don’t freak out.. please!” said Rainbow. “This probably will very, very strange to you. And this shouldn’t ruin our friendship.”

“It’s fine, don’t worry. I won’t freak out, and this will have no effect whatsoever on our friendship. Before you ask, chill, because I’m not a homophobe.”

“Well.. um.. I.. I like.. I have.. feelings.. f-for... for.. you..” blurted Rainbow Dash and facepalmed. ‘Ok.. that came out terribly.’ she thought to herself and mentally groaned. Once he heard this, Soarin’s eyes widened and his face turned beet-red. If Rainbow wasn’t so embarrassed, she would have made it viral.

Looking to change the subject, Rainbow Dash commented on random objects in the classroom.
But seeing as that didn’t work, she just sighed and went to a table far away from her desk. She put her earbuds on and listened to some music to improve her mood. She pulled out the storybook she borrowed at the school library and pretended to read it for a while.

Right on time, Fleetfoot came into the room to take her bottle. She noticed Soarin’s surprised expression, and Rainbow’s embarrassed look. “Oh, hey Soarin, hey Dash! Wassup?” she asked.

“Not much.” She pointed toward the blue haired boy. “He’s gonna burst into laughter or begin yelling angrily. Either way, it’s very very loud. Save your eardrums.” replied Rainbow.

Fleetfoot splashed some water in his face.
“Okay, I’ll protect my eardrums by going outside now. Surprise must be waiting. See ya later.” said Fleetfoot and went along.


“D-Dash?” he asked himself. “Y-you? Y-you do?” “I-is this.. is it a pr-prank?”
“No, it isn’t! Now.. I need to know. do you like me back? I-I mean.. I’m fine if you don’t. I-I don’t really... really care..” she said and hung her head down.

Soarin brushed some hair off her face. He lifted her head up a bit, and then,

😚 (No, nothing more!! 😡 )

In the words of a Rarity-like character who I watched on TV when I was 7 or 8, ‘There wasn’t a word fancy enough to described how shocked Rainbow Dash was.’

“So.. that was.. that was a yes?” she asked.
“Yep.”

Suddenly, a new voice was heard. “CUT!” the person yelled.
Rainbow and Soarin turned to see High Winds. “Perfect! This one’s for the final movie; Evolution of SoarDash now. The amount of craziness is insane! Take a break everyone!” said High in a director’s voice. He then began to laugh.

He was followed by Blaze and Misty. They explained their little scheme. Blaze then looked at the time on her watch. “Welp, it’s time for my favourite class; GEOGRAPHY!! The only class I share with Rainbow Blaze!!” she said and ran off happily.

“Rainbow Blaze? My twin brother!! Wait till Moonshine hears about this!” yelled Rainbow and and chased after her.

The other three shrugged and ran behind the other two people.

Author's Note:

Hey guys! My first story in forever! Hope y’all enjoy reading! Please make sure to upvote and send nice and constructive comments. Thank you!

THE END❓
No! Because this story is sequel-friendly! So go ahead and add your own stuff!! But please keep it E or T, and use the red tags sparingly.

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment