• Published 20th Nov 2021
  • 510 Views, 19 Comments

Glimmering Spells - StormLuna



After taking over the friendship school, Starlight Glimmer begins to get frustrated. It isn't running the school itself that is frustrating her, it is one particular individual and his interest in her.

  • ...
12
 19
 510

The New Student

After teaching her classes, Starlight headed to her office and noticed that Trixie's door was closed and that there were a few students waiting to see her. This did please her some because Trixie would be busy for a while and that might give her enough time to come up with something. Once she got in her office, she shut the door and locked it. There on her desk was Phyllis. "Hi Phyllis, you ready to help me out?"

There was nothing but silence but Starlight thought she heard her say yes. She clapped her hooves and exclaimed, "Alright, let's do this!"

She sat down on her desk and began to go into thought, trying to figure out the right wording. She would look up at Phyllis every now and then hoping that she would give her advice. Finally she thought she heard Phyllis say something,

"The spells I cast on this pony are great,
Though if the spells aren't permanent there could be much hate,
Never to be broken is how they must be,
Eternity under my spells is what I shall see."

She gave Phyllis a smile and said, "Thanks Phyllis! Now let's do this!"

She dragged Sunshine out of her supply closet and set her in the center of her office. She flared her horn up and struck Sunshine with her energy and recited,

"The spells I cast on this pony are great,
Though if the spells aren't permanent there could be much hate,
Never to be broken is how they must be,
Eternity under my spells is what I shall see."

Sunshine then became encircled in a ball and it began to glow brightly. Starlight figured that this one would glow brighter given the type of energy she had to put into it. Again she was becoming nervous as it took fifteen minutes before the ball popped and in front of her was the still stunned Sunshine. She then flared her horn up and readied herself to reverse the stun spell. "Well let's hope everything worked." she said as she struck Sunshine with her energy.

Sunshine finally came to and asked, "Ugh, like where am I?"

Starlight was thrilled. Sunshine did have a female voice and she didn't know where she was. Starlight did want to know more though before she could truly celebrate. She asked, "Sunshine, could you tell me a bit about yourself?"

Sunshine replied, "Well y'see, the last thing I remember was that I was like in Manehattan and then my parents said they wanted to send me away and stuff. I was like so totally unhappy about that cuz I liked it back home. I like don't know where I am now" she looked out the window and sighed, "but I know I'm like in some small town I don't recognize."

Starlight asked, "So why did your parents send you here?"

Sunshine replied, "By train cuz y'see, my mom is like a stock broker and my dad is like some bank president and stuff and they said I just got in the way and said that this school would be good cuz I was like getting into trouble back home."

Starlight was thrilled when she heard all of this. She knew that her spells had worked! Sunshine not only didn't remember anything about being Sunburst but had a completely new past. There was only one problem, Sunshine would need proper paperwork to be accepted at the school so she pulled out some papers along with a pen and asked, "Sunshine, could you fill these out for me since your parents just sent you here?"

Sunshine grabbed the papers and began to fill them out. Starlight hoped that she would remember the names of her parents and their phone number from her new "past." She had absolutely no plans on trying to contact whoever she put down but still needed that information since it was school policy.

Once Sunshine got the papers filled out Starlight took a look at them and said, "Alright, we'll get you a folder created but for now, let's go visit the guidance counselor and she'll help get you in the classes that would be best for you."

Sunshine exclaimed, "Alright, that sounds so cool!"

The two left Starlight's office and much to Starlight's delight, the last student was leaving Trixie's office so the two could just head straight in. Starlight said, "Guidance counselor Trixie, we have a new student, her name is Sunshine. Her parents just came, dropped her off and left her."

Trixie levitated the papers that Starlight was holding and asked, "Sunshine, so you're twelve and your parents just dumped you? That wasn't very nice."

Sunshine was a bit agitated, "No, that was like so uncool of them to do that. They put their fancy jobs ahead of their own daughter. Oh well, I'm sure Starlight will like take better care of me anyway."

Trixie replied, "Well you'll be staying in the student dorms so it isn't like Starlight will be raising you." She then began to look at the reasons why Sunshine was sent there and added, "Now let's get you put in the courses that will be best for you, ones that will help you with the problems you seem to have getting along with others."

Sunshine sighed, "Ugh fine but I wish I like could live with Starlight cuz she's like so cool!"

Starlight gave her a smile, "Sunshine, creatures get sent here to develop friendships with other creatures their age. You won't be able to accomplish that if you're living with me!"

Sunshine sighed, "Alright, I understand."

Starlight turned to Trixie and ordered, "How about you get her signed up for classes and get her settled into her dorm, I have administrative things I need to handle."

Trixie nodded and said, "Come on Sunshine, let's get you settled in and help you get acquainted with your new schoolmates."

Sunshine sat down in Trixie's office so they could start the process of getting her signed up for classes while Starlight returned to her office. Once she got sat down at her desk she gave Phyllis a smile and said, "Mission accomplished Phyllis, mission accomplished! I'll never have to worry about Sunburst bothering me ever again!"

There was nothing but silence in her office but Starlight could have sworn she heard Phyllis congratulate her over everything she did.