• Published 20th Nov 2021
  • 509 Views, 19 Comments

Glimmering Spells - StormLuna



After taking over the friendship school, Starlight Glimmer begins to get frustrated. It isn't running the school itself that is frustrating her, it is one particular individual and his interest in her.

  • ...
12
 19
 509

Starlight's Frustration

Another day was drawing to a close in Ponyville and Starlight Glimmer was sitting in her office feeling a sense of frustration. While running the school itself was not causing any problems for her, there was one individual that was. Ever since Starlight had started working at the school, she always took her job seriously and couldn't stand it when others didn't. She felt as though she needed to be just as if not more professional than Twilight was.

It was probably around 3:30 in the afternoon when Starlight heard a knock on her door. She ordered, "Come in."

Sunburst came in with a smile on his face and immediately Starlight began to frown. She glared at him and asked, "What is it?"

Sunburst replied, "Starlight, I know the last couple times you said no but I was wondering if you might want to go out on a date tonight?"

Starlight had taken Sunburst out for supper a couple times but was not overly thrilled with the way he behaved when she did so. He started to call them dates and Starlight was picking up a feeling from him that he saw them as more than just friends and co-workers. Starlight was getting very frustrated but didn't want to hurt her oldest friend's feelings. "Sorry," she responded "but I have lessons to plan tonight."

Sunburst asked, "But it is Friday night. You have all weekend to do that, I'm sure just one evening wouldn't hurt."

Starlight could feel a rage building within herself but then remembered the last time she joined him at the cafe for supper that he quit bugging her about it for a couple of weeks so despite rather doing anything else she responded, "Fine. Meet me there at six and be sure to bring money because I'm not paying for your food again."

Sunburst could tell that Starlight was less that thrilled but still smiled brightly, "Alright Starlight, I'll let you get back to work, see you then!"

Once he left Starlight began banging her head on her desk before turning to Phyllis. "Ugh, what the hay can I do to make him just leave me alone? I know he wants more but I don't see him that way." Phyllis remained silent as she continued, "Ugh, it seems like the longer I have to be around him the more annoying he gets!"

She stared intently at Phyllis and thought she heard something, "What, you think an ancient spell will get him to quit bugging me?"

A leaf fell from Phyllis as Starlight continued, "That's it! Tomorrow I'm going out to Celestia's old castle! There has to be something there, maybe a spell that will make him only see me as a co-worker!" She then exclaimed, "Thanks Phyllis! I guess I better get back to grading these papers."

Starlight then got to grading the huge stack of papers from the past week. She knew that she should probably grade them after every day but her social time with Trixie and spending time with her other friends caused it to skip her mind, especially when Fluttershy would ask her to help her in bathing her animals.

As Starlight was grading the papers, she got in the zone for the most part and completely lost track of time. Just as she was about to finish the stack of papers she heard a knock on the door. She knew that it couldn't be Trixie because she was sick that day and didn't come in and she knew it likely wasn't one of the students so she wasn't sure who it could be. She sighed, "Come in."

Sunburst came in with a concerned look on his face, "Starlight, it is 6:30. You said you'd meet me at the cafe a half an hour ago."

Starlight looked up with a glare and said, "Look, I lost track of time, ok. I only have a few more papers to grade and then we can get going, alright?"

Sunburst gave her a smile, "Alright, I'm so excited we're going out."

Starlight rolled her eyes in frustration over his enthusiasm over something that she was hoping that she could make clear that going out was something she didn't want to do. Once she finished grading the papers she said, "Give me a minute to water Phyllis, ok. This shouldn't take long."

Starlight grabbed a large cup and headed to the restroom to get some water. When she returned she gave Phyllis a loving smile and continued, "Here you go Phyllis, you've been so much help today!" She leaned in and kissed one of her leaves before giving her a bit more water. "Now don't worry, I'll be in early tomorrow morning to give you some more water!"

As she was sitting the water glass on her desk Sunburst sighed, "Ugh, it seems like you care more about that stupid plant....."

Starlight flared her horn up and yelled, "Her name is Phyllis and she is not stupid." Her voice became more snide as she added, "Sometimes I think I should have hired her as vice headmare instead because at least she wouldn't be bugging me about going out to supper and expecting me to pay for her meals!"

Sunburst was not thrilled over the comment, "Ugh, I don't know if I even want us to go out to the cafe tonight with the way you're treating me. I never thought my best friend would be treating a plant better than me."

Starlight saw this as her chance to nip the problem in the bud. She yelled, "To be honest, I don't want to go out to the cafe with you. I know you always think whenever I take you out that I might want something special when I don't."

Sunburst went silent for a minute and decided that yelling and insulting Phyllis would not get him anywhere. He sighed, "Alright, maybe tomorrow night or next Friday."

Starlight grunted, "Whatever."

Once Sunburst left her office she again began to talk to Phyllis, "So Phyllis, what should I do tonight?" She then thought she heard Phyllis say something, "Go home and check on Trixie? Phyllis, you're a genius!"

She again kissed one of her leaves before giving her a thank you and then shutting the lights off and leaving her office. She was clearly not thrilled over what had happened earlier in the day but was happy that Phyllis in a way helped get her out of having to put up with Sunburst. As she was heading home she said to herself, "Alright Starlight, tomorrow we're going to study some magic, magic that will nip this problem in the bud."