• Published 17th Jan 2022
  • 12,054 Views, 1,138 Comments

Forgotten: Sunrise - milesprower06



Sunset Shimmer returns to Equestria only to discover everypony she knew is now ancient history.

  • ...
18
 1,138
 12,054

Unwinding

"Sunset, your entire performance was great, but I have to say, that last song? It was simply beautiful," Sunny complimented, as she, the unicorn, Sprout, and the two pegasi siblings made their way down the hall to the guest suites in the castle.

"Thanks so much, Sunny. My Past Is Not Today was the first song I wrote back when I was starting to turn things around for myself."

"If you ask me, it represents almost all of us right now," Pipp chimed in. "We've all been putting our pasts behind us through reunification."

"You got that right," Sunny agreed.

"I'll get recordings from tonight sent to your phone as soon as they're mixed and ready, Sunset," Pipp told her.

"Sweet, that's one of the best ways to improve, listening to yourself. It feels like I haven't missed a beat, but there's always room to get better," Sunset replied.

"We loved having you tonight, I know we're heading up to the Crystal Empire again after tomorrow, but let us know when you want to play again, there'll always be a spot open for you."

"Thanks, Pipp. That means a lot. I'll certainly keep that in mind. I'm not really thinking about my options right now, everything's still up in the air, but I'll keep that in mind. It's only been a few days and I've already missed it."

"I can't wait to take a look at that passage in the museum," Sunny commented.

"There's not a lot down there, but you can look around all you like.

"I don't know about you gals, but after that, I'm gonna grab some dessert and fall into bed. Great show, Sunset, I'll be seeing you tomorrow," Zipp said, before splitting off towards the castle kitchen.

"Well, after that performance, I'm nowhere near ready to retire yet. Say, Sprout, you much of a gamer? Feel like some tag-team Pony League?" Pipp asked the red earth pony.

"Say what?" Sprout asked.

"Go for it, you'll love it," Sunset immediately told him, and the pegasus and earth stallion split off to head towards the princess' streaming room.

"Guess it's just you and me. I'm up for getting a slice of pie or something downtown. Weather report says it's going to be beautiful out tonight, what do you say?" Sunny asked.

Sunset smirked.

"I say cookies and cream."


The next morning...

Swift Melody walked down the main street of downtown Zephyr Heights. It was so early in the morning that the fog hadn't lifted from the top of the mountain yet.

It would be a good half hour before most stores on the main strip would be ready to open, and likely be closer to lunch before things would get considerably busy.

So seeing a line of ponies going around the corner as he approached his storefront, and seeing that they were all queued to get into his store was undoubtedly surprising. He had to do a double take at the more than two dozen pegasi waiting on him to open up.

"Um, well, good morning, everypony. I'm not quite ready to open yet, but can I get a heads up on what most of you are looking for?"

"Good morning, Mr. Melody. I'm pretty sure that all of us are here because we attended Pipp's concert last night. We're looking for that instrument that the unicorn was playing. What was it called? Oh, a guitar!"

Swift's stomach dropped.

'Oh no...'

Author's Note:

Very short and sweet this time around. So much to work on, so little time.

Such is life.