• Published 11th Nov 2021
  • 1,056 Views, 34 Comments

For All Mankind - madhat886



As mankind takes it's first step on the moon, they discover that gods are real.

  • ...
25
 34
 1,056

Chapter 1

!

"I take this step for my country, for my people, and for the Marxist-Leninist way of life. Knowing that today is but one small step on a journey that someday will take us all to the stars,” a human said as he made the first steps on a surface of a space rock other then Earth.

The world cheered as the Soviet cosmonaut Alexei Leonov, became the first human being to set foot on the moon.

The static images, going live to Mission Command and millions of homes around the world, showed the space suit form of Leonov slowly turning around.

“What is THAT?” came his panic-ridden voice, and on the feed he stumbled backwards and fell against the lander with a dull clang being heard as the vibrations traveled to his helmet mike.

“Voskhod, this is command. What is what?” the communication came to him, quickly and seriously.

“That’s impossible,” he muttered.

"Stay with us," the voice from Earth said.

“Command, I think I may be experiencing hallucinations...” he paused catching his breath. “But, just in case, could you take a look at the area right in front of Voskhod?”

“One moment, Voskhod,” someone said, before conferring with the other people at Mission Command.

“Do we have a camera there?” someone ask.

“I think we can get a look at that angle, yes,” came the reply.

Tens, no hundreds, of millions around the world held their breath at this unexpected turn of events. What had he seen?

“Voskhod, this is Command. Can you describe what you’re seeing so we know if we catch it too?” someone asked.

“Uh, Command, it’s something you just have to see. But it looks like a tall woman with wings and a horn,” Leonov answered.

“Voskhod, a woman?” he asked, before hissing, “Why don’t we have that camera feed up yet?”

“Command I think it’s a woman. She’s just standing there, looking at me... I think,” Leonov said.

“Copy, Voskhod. We’re working on getting a camera now. Hold one,” the voice said.

“Got it!” one tech exclaimed triumphantly.

The camera switched abruptly, and all activity stopped dead for a moment.

“Voskhod, this is Command. We see it too.”

The gasp could be heard in almost every locale on the globe. 'Alien' came the mutter, in a hundred languages and a thousand dialects.

"Command, I think it's the goddess Celestia," Voskhod said as the woman before him is a prefect match for the pictures of the goddess Sunset Shimmer's mother.

Celestria on her part just stared at the human in the spacesuit before turning her attention back to Earth. After years of searching and leaving everything behind her. She finally found where her daughter has gone to, now she only has to find the courage to face her. (1)

!

Author's Note:

1 - Crossover with ‘For All Mankind’.