• ...
15
 205
 3,910

Chapter 7 1/2

(STOP! FAIR WARNING: This short chapter will involve Christianity. If this upsets you, you are allowed to skip this chapter)

Sunset walked out the door of the kitchen as her eyes were fixed on Applejack, who stood still looking at the clouded sky and saw a bright star trying to peak out. She then took off her hat as she spoke to herself.

“I…. never really prayed before. But I’m really at my wits end. I wrongfully accused the wrong person, right after I said she was family. And now she won’t give the chance to apologize.” She yawned as a tear dropped from her eye. “If this party fails to give us another chance, I’ll never forgive myself.”

Applejack walked sulkily back inside as Sunset and Sunsil watched.

At last, Sunset spoke. “Who was she talking to?”

“That’s a part of Christmas you do not know about.” Sunil said.

The two turned to enter in total darkness.

“To tell you it, I invited a friend who can explain it better than I can.” Sunil pointed to a young boy with messed up black hair, wore a tan coat, black pants, a yellow and green hat, and carried a light blue blanket.

“Sunset Shimmer, meet Linus.”

“Hello, Sunset.” Linus greeted while shaken Sunset’s hand.

“So Linus, what is this part of Christmas Sunil talked about?”

“I’ll be more than happy to tell.” Linus walked a little bit before calling out, “Light, please.” A spotlight shined over the boy as he told his tale:

And there were shepherds living out in the fields nearby, keeping watch over their flocks at night. An angel of the Lord appeared to them, and the glory of the Lord shone around them, and they were terrified. But the angel said to them, “Do not be afraid. I bring you good news that will cause great joy for all the people. Today in the town of David a Savior has been born to you; he is the Messiah, the Lord. This will be a sign to you: You will find a baby wrapped in cloths and lying in a manger.”

Suddenly a great company of the heavenly host appeared with the angel, praising God and saying,

“Glory to God in the highest heaven,
and on earth peace to those on whom his favor rests.”

After he finished, Linus walked up to Sunset.

“That’s what Christmas is about, Sunset Shimmer.” He said. “That child gave people hope, which can be the greatest gift of all.”

“Hope.” Sunset whispered as Linus took his leave.

Sunil climbed up to Sunset’s shoulder. “When hearing that story, people look to the holidays as a time of renewed hope.” The mongoose’s words echoed as everything went black.

To be continued

Author's Note:

This is a little extra chapter I wanted to add, but wanted to make it skippable to those who aren't too keen on Christianity. it's short and sweet.