• Published 5th Nov 2021
  • 2,181 Views, 101 Comments

Survival of The Free World - BiasedAmerican



With the Cold War Escalating in 1980, it all started in Korea. Will the remaining Free World survive in this alien world they've landed upon?

  • ...
13
 101
 2,181

Earth Memorial

Author's Note:

To keep this story alive, enjoy!

As he got his tie ready, he sipped the remaining coffee in his cup, and walked out of the new White House office. As he walked down the corridor with a red carpet and white walls covered in items that were from the White House on Earth. But as he exited the main doorway of the building, he took a big breath and exhaled. "So this is our new home." Reagan then walked towards an awaiting UH-60 Blackhawk in front of the White House.


As the door of a UH-60 opened, Reagan entered the helicopter. As they lifted off, heading to Canterlot, he looked down and saw formations of troops. He put on his headset and asked, "Are those our troops?"

"Yes, Mr. President, they're the last ones heading out." The Secretary of Defense answered. The co-pilot overheard the conversation and added, "We'll have landfall before the first of our troops arrive."

Reagan looked downwards out the window to see the immense amount of troops heading to Canterlot in formation. The SoD noticed the President's interest and said, "That's the last division heading out of Fort Liberty." Reagan gave an impressed face, as he didn't know that this many troops were able to get out of Earth in time.

"So many of them, I'm even surprised that they didn't defy going on a long march towards an alien capital." Reagan replied with astonishment.

(US Troops leaving Fort Liberty to Canterlot)


Meanwhile in Canterlot, the leaders of the other nations of Equus have arrived for the Memorial. Many of them speculate if Humanity is even real, especially Govenor of the Commonwealth of New Mareland, Jet Set.

As Twilight greeted the nations' leaders, she noticed Jet Set. As he approached the stairs heading up to the castle, Twilight greeted him, "Hello Governor, welcome to Canterlot. Princess Celestia has been awaiting your visit. She's currently in the Gala room."

He replied, "Thank you Twilight, but I do ask, are these 'Humans' even real?"

"Yes, they very much are." She answered.

Jet Set continued walking to Celestia, but he was still very suspicious if Humans were real or not. As he entered the Gala room, he saw Princess Luna, Celestia, and the leader of the Griffons.

"Greetings, Set. Welcome back to Canterlot." Luna greeted.

"Yes, thank you Princess. It's great being here, and I am curious, are these 'humans' real?" Jet Set asked.

"Oh, they are very much real. They saved me and my sister." Luna answered.

"Even from royal words, I still don't feel convinced." Jet replied.

"Well, if you don't believe us. We'll let their head scientist convince you." Luna added.

As Jet was still in disbelief, his mouth dropped as a bipedal creature, dressed in white, walked towards Luna as he heard her talk about him. Out of interest, he walked towards her. He tried not to bump into the crowd that was in the giant room, as he was holding a glass of apple cider.

"Hallo, Princess Luna. If you can, could you tell the Apple Family that their cider is absolutely amazing!" He opened with.

"I shall try. And I must introduce you to Mayor Jet Set. He hasn't seen a human and doesn't believe that they exist. As you can see with his expression... He's bewildered that he was wrong about something huge as this." Luna pointed out.

Jet's facial expression made Schmidt chuckle a bit, but he replied, "Well, Mr. Set, it appears that you are greatly mistaken, but nonetheless it is nice to meet someone that is associated with the Princess." Schmidt added.

"Likewise..." Jet said. "Anyways.. when are the human soldiers going to be arriving?" Jet asked.

Schmidt looked down at his arm and moved his sleeve and looked at his watch. "In about... now!" He excitingly ran towards the balcony that oversees most of Canterlot, he looks at the Gate and sees the American divisions arrive at the gates of Canterlot.

Everyone was curious on what he was looking at, until they all heard noises of celebration happening near the gates, so they all ran towards the window and they were astonished on the amount of technilogical advancements Humanity has, as Marine 1, carrying the President, lands in the courtyard of the Castle, where Marines and other Special Forces guarded.

The Soldiers opened the door of the UH-60 and welcomed Reagan by saying, "Welcome to Canterlot sir, glad you could make it."

"Wouldn't miss it for the world, soldier." Reagan greeted back.

"Sir, we've seen the native higherups, and I should say that you may have impressed everyone by now." The Soldier complimented.

Reagan smiled and got out of the Black Hawk, and proceeded to walk to the main square, to where the human divisions would be stationed for the upcoming speech.

Princess Ember, confused what was going on tried moving through the crowded window saying, "What's all the commotion? Have the so called 'humans' arrived?" She looked out the window and her jaw was wide open. Schmidt saw this and laughed.

Princess Cadence, Luna, and Celestia also did the same, with their mouths wide open, "Sister, I did not believe the humans had this many soldiers! I thought they had only a few hundred..." Luna told Celestia, Celestia nodded as she too had the same idea.

Twilight walked towards the Princesses and told them, "Come on, we have to get to the city square before we're late." The Princesses, Prince Ruthford who was also in disbelief, Princess Ember, and Grampa Gruff followed the Equestion leadership to the City Square.

As they arrived, they saw a massive crowd of species consisting of Griffons, Ponies, and a few dragons in the sidelines of the main road leading to the Square, with Reagan getting on stage.

Celestia and Luna took their seats behind Reagan, with Reagan's guards looking straight forward to show the Equestrians that they are still disciplined.

As the US divisions marched to the city square, they all got into columns on the sidelines of the square. As all the divisions finished their parade, leaving the Equines speechless, Reagan started his speech.

"As history has shown us, war is built into the minds of Humanity, we cannot stop it, if it is against us. Pity rivalry has brought Humanity near extinction, we only had selfish reasons to wage war, but we had learned our lesson. In this new world, the United States, if not the Free World, shall protect our new world as it reminds us on what we humans can do. Harmony, is the main focus of the nation of Equestria, and as Humans, we must follow in their ways to ensure peace, I don't mean waiting for war, I mean to end all wars. Before the war, we only intervened when it was in our interests, but now, we will intervene to keep democracy, equality, and now, Harmony." As he went on with his speech, everyone, including the two sisters were speechless, as they thought Humanity wasn't interested in Equestrian interests, or even Harmony. But seeing as what they went through, they were happy that they had another ally.

"And any aggressor that aims to harm our goal of peace, shall be met with the Arsenal of Democracy. We no longer care who it angers, if innocent lives are going to be lost, we must prevent it at all costs. So as the President of the United States, and Commander of the Armed Forces, I order all to protect the peace and harmony of this world. And I declare that all innocent nations have the backing and support of the Northern Atlantic Treaty Organization and the United States. And those seeking to break the peace, heed this warning, it will be your last, and final mistake." Reagan warned.

Schmidt, also in astonishment, wondered to himself, "I wish my dad were here, he'd hope to see freedom thrive as it is now." He said as he looked down to his watch that his father gave to him.

Luna and Celestia we're shocked at how threatening but yet inspirational speech Reagan put on. But then Luna started to notice that the other leaders weren't present.

Meanwhile in Canterlot Castle, the other leaders were planning in fear with the threatening presence of Humanity suddenly arriving in what they thought were mere rumors.

Gruff states to the group, "We must attack before they do! They are clearly undermining Equestrians. These humans.. if the rumors are true, they have the power to take over all of Equestria."

Ember agreed, "I side with the Griffon, if it's strength you need, the dragons got you covered. But a pre-emptive strike is needed to protect Harmony before these apes destroy it entirely!"

Jer Set, intruded in the conversation and added, "We must strike within the month to save Equestria before these... Humans... Use their 'World Enders' on us, like they did on themselves. Princess Ember, gather your best dragons to strike their base, and Gruff, we need your armies stationed in the border to assist the dragons. The attack will start within 4 weeks, and these humans must not be seen again." Jet Set ordered.