• Published 6th Nov 2021
  • 5,074 Views, 38 Comments

What day is it? - Xiutik



Pipp finds the infamous Hitch calendar.

  • ...
4
 38
 5,074

More pictures

“Oh wowie, how did that get in there?” Pipp started mumbling nervously, while clumsily kicking the stolen calendar underneath the desk.

Hitch’s cheeks blushed bright red when he noticed what Pipp was hiding, and, before anything else could be said about it, he laughed awkwardly and picked the calendar up.

“I-I have no idea what this is, anyway, I” he tried to say, both blurting out excuses to one another without listening to what the other said.

Eventually, once the two ponies had run out of nonsense to say to one another, they burst laughing.

“Sorry,” Hitch said after the laughing calmed down, “I have no explanation for this”

“It’s okay,” she giggled, “I was the one looking through your stuff without permission.”

Sprout watched the whole exchange with a complacent smile stuck on his face. The way these two acted around one another made him feel so confident about himself. There was something so deeply hilarious about seeing The Hitch Trailblazer, Sheriff of Maretime Bay, lose his cool around a pink Pegasus princess with a strange fixation for her phone. And then again, said princess was also completely embarrassed out of her mind by simple old Hitch. Sure, he thought of himself as the lame ex-dictator who started a war in a day and a half, but at least he wasn’t acting like these two over there.

“So, what were you doing here?” Hitch asked, placing the calendar inside a drawer as he should’ve done in the first place, “I thought Sunny was making pizza for you guys?”

Pipp’s eyes brightened up as she fluttered her wings excitedly.

“Right! I came here because I wanted to take a walk” she said, looking away from him sheepishly, “Sunny suggested I came with you, since I didn’t want to come alone.”

Hitch rose an eyebrow and chuckled, “Just a walk?”

“Fine,” she admitted, “I also wanted to take some pictures for my socials, okay?”

Hitch finally gave in and nodded, “of course you did.”

But Pipp, without wanting to be ridiculed, played her cards correctly and said: “Oh I’m sure you’ll want to take some pictures as well, won’t you model for me?”

This made the yellow pony blush profoundly while he laughed.

“Hey! Those were for charity, okay?”

“Four years in a row?” Sprout added, making Pipp smile at him.

Hitch, on the other hoof, wasn’t happy with just how much Sprout seemed to enjoy embarrassing him.

“Oh, come on, let’s just go already” Pipp said, walking out the station.

“Hey, Casanova! Don’t forget to ask for her number this time!” Sprout said before Hitch left behind her, “I totally want to text her the pictures from last year.”

“Sprout!”


“So” Pipp said after they had been walking for a while.

“So,” Hitch replied, not knowing what to say.

Pipp was almost regretting asking Hitch to come with her. It wasn’t that she didn’t enjoy Hitch’s company. Quite on the contrary, he was a very agreeable pony to be with. Perhaps too agreeable. She liked his company a little too much. It had only been a few months since they met, that disastrous show of hers that threatened to end her musical career also happened to be one of the best days of her life. He was an earth pony, but there was something special about the way he carried himself, with confidence and pride, but never cockiness. He was the kindest, bravest and most handsome pony she’d ever seen, and she couldn’t really understand why she felt so funny around him. She tried her hardest to calm down the storm of thoughts inside her, and, instead, she took her phone out and handed it to Hitch.

“Will you please take a picture of me with the ocean in the background?” she said, giving him her most convincing smile.

Hitch nodded and carefully took the phone from her hooves. She took a few steps back and posed. Hitch wondered how anypony could ever look so beautiful. He had never been so mesmerized by somepony’s beauty, except, perhaps, when he first saw Pipp. It wasn’t only the first time he saw a Pegasus fly, but it was also the combination of music, wonder, and pure beauty. He thought that feeling of complete rapture would fade away, but truth be told, the more time he spent with the pony in question, the deeper she captured him. The worst part, he thought, was that she was not only beautiful, but sweet, nice, talented, funny and a bit of an airhead. The more he learned about her, the more he felt it would be impossible to ignore that flutter in his insides. He took a few pictures as Pipp changed poses and eventually gave her the phone back.

“How do I look?” She asked, swiping through the pictures.

Gorgeous? Beautiful? Stunning? Ravishing? Was there a word to summarize that he thought of her the epitome of beauty and grace? That she was everything pretty and good in this world? That his silly crush on her was escalating rather quickly and that he had never felt so in danger near anypony, ever?

“Uh, gooD” his voice cracked. “I mean, pretty good. You’re a model, right? I’m sure you always look good”

Salt and pepper what was he saying?

“Um, thanks?” she said, “You don’t look bad either. I mean, not now, but also not in your pictures. You know? I liked them a lot. Silly me! I almost stole the calendar. I was going to steal from a sheriff! Sheesh.”

How did she wish she could shut up right then and there. She barely kept register of what she was saying. She wasn’t usually like this. She was used to compliments, she adored them, in fact. But Hitch complimenting her. Actually, Hitch just existing nearby, made her so nervous for no reason whatsoever.

“Oh! Haha,” Hitch laughed awkwardly. “That old thing? You liked it?”

“It could’ve used some pose variation, but yeah!” she blurted out, praying to all the magic in Equestria her blush wasn’t as noticeable.

“If you want, you can have a copy?” He said, closing his eyes in case she laughed.

But she didn’t. He opened one eye slowly so he could see her reaction. Sure, she was smiling, maybe holding back a giggle, but it was no mean-spirited laugh.

“I’d love one!” she said, winking.

Author's Note:

I wasn't actually planning to write a sequel at all, but after all the encouraging comments and constructive criticisms, I decided to add a bit more to this story.
Nothing serious, really, since this fic was just me being in a silly mood about cartoon horses, but I still hope you like it.
Thank you all for the comments on the previous part and I hope this short sequel delivered on what you expected.
I apologize in advance for any typos you might find. I write these stories at night since I'm a uni student, so I don't have time to proof-read, let alone a beta reader of some sorts. I'll try to revisit this later in case there's any major mistakes to take care of.
Cheers, and happy reading!

Comments ( 16 )

11041480
This is canon now. Pipp told me herself, haha.

A very cute continuation, great work

Great little continuation, an adorable chapter, if I may say so myself.

I was not expecting another chapter but this was also kind of cute as well and I like the conversation between those two and once again yeah I ship those two but again this was pretty good keep up the good work

“Hey, Casanova! Don’t forget to ask for her number this time!” Sprout said before Hitch left behind her, “I totally want to text her the pictures from last year.”

"Hey Casanova!"?
He said it! He said the thing!

Aw, that's adorable. Nice to see another chapter!

11041480
Zipp's reaction to the calendar at 0:12. :rainbowlaugh: :rainbowlaugh:

Firefly i'll be at my bunk - YouTube

this is pure perfection

“Oh I’m sure you’ll want to take some pictures as well, won’t you model for me?”
This made the yellow pony blush profoundly while he laughed.
“Hey! Those were for charity, okay?”

I'll imagine those calendars were quite popular among the local mares.
And buying pictures of a handsome stallion for a good cause is never wrong, right?

Comment posted by Onyx Quill deleted Dec 13th, 2021

This was a cute run-in for these two; both so nervous and feeling awkward when together. I think they would make a great couple; Pip as the star and Hitch as her security/bodyguard.:scootangel:

this was a funny fanfic, im glad ive found. hope to see more of you,

have a nice day

Oh yeah, this was a fun chapter two.
I could keep reading more about their lovely day together....

Login or register to comment