• Published 12th Oct 2012
  • 1,010 Views, 22 Comments

Harmonic Hero: The Twilight Knight - Warpony



A young man plays a game based off everyone's favorite show.

  • ...
2
 22
 1,010

Slime! Slime Everywhere!

Axle began to running through the forest, nearly charging into a tree. The player looked back once every six paces he took in a frantic motion. It had been about thirteen minutes since he took on the first quest. The first of many! Yet from the current state of his progress, Axle might not take that many quests in the future. He was being chased by Slime Stallions, one of the weakest monster a player could ever come across within the game. Blue in color and small in size, they resemble an normal Earth pony. The path Axle was running on seemed to be a cleared road made from cobble stone. Suddenly a new message had appeared before the player.

Slime Stallions: These collection of magical jell are the manifestation of regret felt by unicorns with great magical power that are now longer alive. The are unable to use weapons or magic.

"Okay, but not the time damn it!" Axle roared as the path before him turned against him. His avatar ran into a tree, dropping his health about five percent. After the impact, Axle fell down, giving the Slime Stallions time to catch up to him. The fallen player was met with a dog pile of sorts. From all angles he was covered in slime that was slowly sucking away his health. Axle analyzed the mobs around him before drawing his sword and slashing in a complete circle around himself. This action caused his attackers to be knocked back which formed a small gap between Axle and the monsters.

"Shade Shield!" Axle rose his shield blocking the charge of one Slime Stallion, four others surrounding him. He activated the only spell he was antiquated with and summoned a wall of dark mist to protect him from one side. Yet he still had to deal with the threat behind him. Axle rolled to the side in an attempt to both gain a better foothold and place distance between himself and the Slime Stallions. Sadly due to the players clumsy and infantile nature within the game, he hit the stump of another tree before he had time to stand. While he was still recovering, Axle received a hoof slamming into the side of his head. "Alright this is pretty much the hardest game I've ever played!" Axle whined as he took a step back and rubbed his avatars skull. He had realized it didn't really hurt him at all, yet had been a reflex like many other first timers.

As yet another mob attack, Axle rose his shield up and blocked the attack. In a follow up move, he swung his blade vertically through the slime, killing it quick. With a smirk and new found momentum, Axle began to retake his lost ground. Swinging and blocking, it was like a sudden burst of technique and skill had found its way towards the surface of the young man's mind. It would only take him two more minutes after this before the final slimy enemy stood before Axle. The AI controlled avatar swung its hooves and kicked at him before he parried and stabbed the Slime Stallion in the chest. With a satisfied grin, Axle watched the mob fall to the ground before sparkling auras covered the five bodies. "Oh how I love loot!" Axle clapped his hands will a gleeful voice.

"I freaking hate loot." Was the next thing to come out of the players mouth. He walked through the forest with a dissatisfied face and snarling nostrils. He had looted the bodies of his fallen enemies, but all that he earned was a few copper bits and four gel balls. Axle pulled up his map, the darkened area's lighting up and becoming detailed. He spotted a small highlighted circle on the edge of the darkness, just a short distance from his current location actually.

As he trotted to the specious location, Axle noticed the forested land began to become less bright. The trees and bushes, even a few large rocks within eye sight seemed...strange. Sluggish, like they had been halfway melted. This made the player pause for a moment, holding a quizzical expression upon his face. Yet his ears perked up as he heard something, something that would become a nightmare to him for years to come. A light and squishy hoof step. "Oh God not again." He muttered in panic as he was dog pilled by a minimal of five Slime Stallions. "To hell with this!" He cried out before opening his Main Menu and Logging Out.

In a bright flash, the boy opened his real eyes to see the ceiling of his room. He quickly leaned up, shaking his head and taking of the equipment attached to his body. Slightly dizzy after his first play through the game, Axle was mentally drained. It only took him a few minutes to take of his shirt and lady down beneath his bed sheets. He forgot he had not eaten that evening, nor showered. Yet despite his urge to be fed and bathed, Axle pressed his head against his pillows and drifted off into slumber.

Hours into resting, Axle began to shift slightly under his sheets. Faint dreams began to become imprinted in his memory. Axle was rushing through the city, confused and disoriented. The sky was ablaze and the earth shook like a leaf in a typhoon. He could see no living thing in sight nor any dead bodies. Though something was familiar about this whole scene yet the young man didn't know what it was about it. Taking in all this, Axle stopped running and looked to the sky as a massive, imposing and otherworldly ball of Slime came crashing down on top of the city, and Axle with it.

With this comical yet horrifying dream, Axle rocketed up out of his sleep. Sweat covered his back and neck as, cold yet soaking the sheets. "Oh God. Oh God." Axle held his forehead as he panted. "It was a dream, just a dream." He began laughing lightly and turned to his alarm clock. A note was left by his mother along with a covered bowl. The boy took the note, reading it aloud.

I didn't want to wake you up last not. I thought you might have a fever so I went to the doctor and got you some medicine. To make you feel better, I even made you your favorite snack from when you were a baby.
~Super Mom :3

This made Axle question himself mentally. What was his favorite from childhood? With a shrug and contentment, he took off the hard plastic lid covering the bowl. His stomach moaned for food and was ready to receive. Sitting up and throwing the lid to the side, Axle's grin turned into an expression of sorrow and horror. Before him was a bowl filled to the brim with....Jello.

Comments ( 4 )

Great so far cannot wait for more!

... Great the game gave him a phobia of gelatinous substances... What kind of game is this that it go es players phobias?

Login or register to comment