• Published 12th Oct 2012
  • 1,010 Views, 22 Comments

Harmonic Hero: The Twilight Knight - Warpony



A young man plays a game based off everyone's favorite show.

  • ...
2
 22
 1,010

Introductions

Axle opened his eyes after a bright flash had caused him to shut them closed. He tried to rub his eyes, but felt that he had no fingers. As he slowly opened them, he heard yelling and screaming. The cries of ponies roared in Axle's ears and the sight of a stable overtook his vision. He turned his head to this left side, seeing his shield and sword laying on the ground. On a table in front of him, a wooden table held his armor.

Axle slowly rose to his hooves, trying to get a stable position. "Well this is easier than I thought it was going to be." He shook his head, his eyes were now reconfigured. A small panel opened in front of him, it said only two words.

Introductions: Destruction

"That's it?" Axle asked aloud. "Worst gameplay introduction yet." Axle takes his shield and sword and walks over to the table. Once he approaches it, a very small panel asked him to touch the armor in order to place it on his body. Axle did so, and his armor was placed on his body instantaneously. On his hoof, his shield and sword where already placed and read for use. He takes three steps towards the door leading out of the stables when he starts to hear a rumbling. To be exact, it was like something large was being pushed on large stone wheels.

Axle rushed towards the door and looked out of it. All he saw was a row of catapult being pushed and pulled towards a city. "Oh god." A new panel was presented to Axle, giving him information about what was going on.

Dog-pults: Catapults constructed by Diamond Dogs as siege weapons. Generally made of stone and wood, they are of poor craftsmanship. They get the job done though, by knocking down walls, small buildings and even damaging players.

Diamond Dogs: Hound like creatures that live in mostly caves or caverns. They have claws, senses and most features of any type of dog. Most wear armor and use iron swords.

Axle looked up from the panel and back at the convoy. "So I have to stop them I guess." Another, smaller panel opened in front of Axle. This one proving to be much more informational.

To receive simple information, please activate the user interface. Simply think about it or say 'interface' to activate it.

Axle did as he was asked and activated the interface by thinking of it. His vision was soon cluttered by his heads-up display. A notification informed Axle that he could choice what items he wished to keep in his view. "Alright, as of now I only want my health bar and my experience bar. That is it." Axle blinked twice and his vision was cleared, keeping it open for him to see perfectly. "Much better."

Magic-Grip: A passive skill that allows pony players to hold weapons. While activated, the pony will stand on hind legs, leaving front legs to use weapons.

Axle skimmed over the message and looked back out the door. Most of the convoy had passed him, excluding one Dog-pult and three guards. Axle took in a deep breath and activated Magic-Grip. He had perfect balance on his legs, making him sigh in relief. The stallion drew out his sword from his shield and held it tight. He walked out the door and ran up to the small group of Diamond Dogs. He leaped up into the air and brought his blade down onto the head of the closest. Axle expected an instant kill, but was surprised when he saw the Dog still standing.

A small bar on the top of the Diamond Dog's head was in the yellow, showing Axle had done damage, but not fatal. "Shit." Was all he got out before he was hit with an iron sword in the face. Axle jumped back and held his face, seeing his health drop a few points.

A single Dog ran to the Dog-pult and placed a rock in it. The other two began a counterattack against Axle. The player used his shield to block their slow attacks. Axle used his shield to bash the the one to his left, placing space between him and the Dog. Axle lifted his sword and swung at the weaker Diamond Dog, bringing the remaining health down to zero. The mutt fell to the ground, his body turning to dust and reforming into a pouch.

Axle looked down at it, but was caught off guard when his second Diamond Dog. He was knocked back by the attack and his health had dropped. Axle grunted at the annoyance and swung at his head twice, killing the Diamond Dog. The turning of wheels caught Axle's attention. He gazed as the Dog-pult turned towards him and fired a boulder at him. "Holy mo-" Axle took the stone on at full force and was flattened on the ground. He slowly pushed the boulder off him to get back up. ''

The Diamond Dog got off the Dog-pult and ran up to Axle, who was now on his legs. The advisory ran up to Axle and swung with a club, but was blocked by Axle's shield. The player than smashed his shield into the mob and swung his sword wildly. In a matter of seconds the Dog was dead and a pouch took it's place.

"Finally!" Axle roared. "Damn that felt good! Better than sex...Well I really can't saw that." Axle sheathed his weapon and got on all fours. "Stupid 'V Card'." Axle walked over to the three pouches and picked them up. He opened them all and found the icon for his inventory flashed. A small bag opened up to show two stones and a sturdy club. "That is it? Well they were the very lowest of the low. So I am okay with this."

A loud boom caused Axle to snapped his head around. The city of Canterlot, burning and a wall around the outskirts had become demolished. Axle started to run down a dirt road towards the sight of war. The path was narrow with a forest on both sides of the road. The sky over head was dark and frightening with a vortex swirling. Swarms of Changelings flew through the sky, fighting Pegasi who wielded spears. Axle diverted his attention back to the road, only to find the Diamond Dog convoy fifty yards ahead.

Axle picked up his pace, which alerted one of the first Dogs nearby. Ten of the mutts turned to face Axle, who had stopped in hid tracks. He glanced at his health bar, still recovering and barely staying green. Axle stood up and took his sword out, ready to fight. Suddenly the screeching of a dragon was heard before a massive fire ball rained down onto the convoy and killed all of the Dogs and their weapons.

Axle looked up so he may find the dragon. He spotted a green scaled beast with wide wings. The Dragon had blue fins going the spine of it's back and an arrow tipped tail. It slow descended to the ground and approached Axle. "You, there!" It said, in the voice of an elder with power. "Who are you and why were you out here?"

Axle prepared to replied, only to be interrupter by the appearance of a panel. On it, a small number of pre-selected responses were given. Axle scanned over them and picked the one closest to what he was going to say. "I am Nix Hex. I was asleep when I was awakened. What is going on?"

The Dragon laughed at the response. "War, what else? The old spirit of annihilation, Distruction, has awakened and is attacking with an assault that was not foreseen. Were it not for our migration pattern, we Dragons would not be here. We are not allies to your kind, but we will assist you none the less." He placed his claw out for Axle to step on. "Come Pony, I am Shin and will take you to the city faster than running can."

"Alright then!" Axle hopped onto Shin's claw and was placed on his back. Axle grabbed onto the fin and held tight as possible. The Dragon shot up into the air and headed to the city. With his over head view, Axle was now able to see the whole area. Small skirmishes were being fought outside the city, Dog-pults being burnt down and ponies fighting. In the horizon, Griffins, Dragons and Pegasi were seen in aerial combat.

Shin flew up higher into the sky, giving Axle a better view of a horrible sight. "Are you ready to fight yet?" Shin asked as her turned back to Axle. With a nod, Axle told him yes. Shin took an imminent nose dive down towards the city. Axle was nearly thrown off due to turbulence. He had managed to stay on though.

A fierce battle was taking place in a large open area. It seemed to have been a park before being destroyed. Grass danced as it was burnt and trampled on by hooves and claws. The sounds of metal echoed while orders were shouted across the battlefield. Bursts of magic flew through the air and collided with bodies that hit the ground soon after. "Hold on tight, Pony." Shin turned up as they reached the top of nearby buildings. The Dragon glided towards the palace. "I am to meet with the Princesses, you will assist me in this matter, yes?"

Axle nodded his head. "I'll help." He said loudly so that the Dragon might hear. With that, the two soon landed at Canterlot Palace. The structure had been damaged by Dog-pults, only a few minor damages to the walls though. It was being heavily protected by air and land. Shin bolted past the defenses and around the castle. He landed on a large open perch-like platform.

Axle slowly got off Shin, feeling slightly dizzy. "Who got the number of that cyclone?" He said as his head spun.

A squad of armed guards rushed out to the perch to secure the area. Soon a clatter of hooves was heard separate from the others. The tall white Alicorn Princess of the Sun walked up to Shin and stood in front of him. "Shin, I am glad you could make it."

Shin huffed smoke up into the air. "You say that as though it were a splendid gathering."

Celestia nodded. "Yes, my apologies. We should hurry and discuss the situ-" Celestia held her tongue when she finally saw Axle, just coming out of his daze. "Who is this one?"

"This is just a simple Pony I found while out delaying the inevitable." Shin said in modesty. "He seems useful, thought another body wouldn't hurt."

Axle turned to Celestia, a selection of responses was displayed for him. "I am Nix Hex, your Grace!" Axle bowed. "I am here to fight the good fight."

Celestia bent her neck down to Axle. "You may rise, my little pony." Axle did as she commanded and the Princess turned to Shin. "Shin, what is the situation on your front?"

"The Diamond Dogs keep coming with their siege weapons. Our Dragons are holding them back, but I don't know when that scale will tip." Shin stated. "Also, our Changling problem as, well, changed. It seems their Queen as left the battlefield. I don't know why though."

Celestia pondered for a moment before coming to a conclusion. "Perhaps she has grown tired of the battle?"

"I fear that is not the cause." Shin replied with a shack of his head. "My hoard as told me that they have encountered beasts, similar to your old foe."

"Discord?" Celestia asked in confusion.

"Yes, they are Draconequus but not like the spirit himself." Shin clarified. "They show signs showing they are only as intelligent as loyal beasts. Also, that they are strong advisories."

Axle listened closely with his digital ears. Suddenly the door to the perch is opened and a purple Unicorn stands in front of it. Her body was decorated in light armor with a large tome hung by her side. "Princess, the others are ready."

"Yes Twilight." The Princess addressed her student. "We shall begin at once."

Shin took in a deep breath and turned around. He unfolded his wings and looked down to Axle. "Come with me, Pony. We need to give those mares time to do their magic."

"Right." Axle hopped back onto Shin. The Dragon launched into the air and around the castle. Axle spotted an object, covered in fire, rushing towards them. "What the-oh shit!" The object crashed into Shin, forcing the Dragon to the ground with Axle with him. "Its a Draconequus, I know it!"

The flames covering the body diminished to revile one of the mix-matched monsters. "Quick, Pony, kill the beast before we make it to the front lines." Shin asked as he took a downward spin to the ground., the force lifted Axle off the back of the Dragon.

As he held on, Axle slowly took out his sword. He looked at the Draconequus, who in return roared at him. Axle gave the monster a crooked look and smirked. "It is going to be a pleasure killing you." He then started to rapidly stabbing the Draconequus, in the head. Axle saw the health on his enemy slowly lower into red. Before dealing the killing blow, Axle held his blade back and built up his strength. When he brought it down on the Draconequus's head, the black glowed with a black and white mist. Instead of disappearing, the monster turned to ash and flew away in the dust.

"What the damn?" Axle muttered. "That was awesome!" Shin shifted, causing Axle to fall over and hit the ground. Luckily, they were already low and Axle didn't take any serious damage.

Shine looked down to Axle. "I'll leave this to you." The elder Dragon then flapped his wings and launched into the air.

Axle looked back to Shine, greatly confused. "Leave me to what?" Axle looked over the area which he hand landed. He was in front of the castle gates into the city. He looked up to the castle, seeing figures stepped out of the front. "So I just have to wait?" Axle smirked. "Not a problem at all."

The stallion turned around to face an army of Diamond Dogs. A timer appeared on his interface showing he had five minutes and fifty seconds remaining. "We fornicate with me in my anus."

A Diamond Dog rose his sword and yelled to the others behind him. "Attack!"

Axle lifted his shield, preparing to take on the battalion. "I am not prepared for this!" As the first Dog lunged in to attack, a fire ball landed and turned the Dog to ash. "Yeah! Time to kick ass!" A Pegasus flew down and landed next to Axle. "Ready man?"

Axle looked over the Pegasus. He was red with an orange, brushed mane and tail. He wore a leather vest and belt. On his sides, he had a small dagger and and unlit torch. His eyes were yellow. Axle looked over his head and saw the players name was Cardinal. "Sure, man."

The Diamond Dogs restated their charge, this time more than one. Cardinal lifted his wings and arched them. Between them, a fire ball built up. It turned deep red and was launched into the crowds. Axle stared at it, catching Cardinal's eye. "What are you waiting for? Use what you got!"

Axle looked at his sword and at the inbound Dogs. He pulled his sword back and waited till one had gotten close enough to swing at. The time came and Axle swung this blade into the Dog's side. The creature flinched at the attack but didn't turn into ash. "Well I got nothing. Holy-" Axle lifted his shield and blocked an arrow from landing in his eye. "Damn it man!"

"Did you look at you skill book yet?" Cardinal asked as he stuck his dagger into one of the mutts.

Axle face hoofed and used the interface to open his available skills. Axle had to dodge and read at the same time, proving to be more easy than he would have though. "Oh this is a good one." Axle jumped back and lifted his shield to is face. He then activated a spell which conjured a wall of dark mist in front of him. As the Dogs ran up to it, the bounced off.

Cardinal looked to Axle with a smirk. "Nice spell. I'm Cardinal, I am a Fire Feather."

Axle nodded. "I'm Nix Hex, Twilight Knight." The two players gave each other a tap on the hoof. "And it is down-" The wall of mist vanished at the same time the timer landed on three minutes. Suddenly the vortex in the sky opened up. From it, Destruction fell. His lion paw ablaze and a mighty but monstrous roar came from his dragon head.

"Well great." Cardinal said in a sarcastic tone. "I don't suppose you can handle these guys are your own. What, you can?Great, peace." The Pegasus jumped onto a Diamond Dog and leaped into the air.

Axle stared at the player as he flew away. "Why you son of-" Axle was hit by a club in the face by a Diamond Dog. He took a deep breath and started to swing wildly. As he fought the Dog's, other players had begun to show up and assist him. Gradually as the battle progressed, players who were able to take flight engaged Distruction. That number was few though, only a small number of three, all Pegasi.

Axle's timer had hit zero, and a bright flash lit up from the castle. A blast of magic ravaged the skies around it's immanent area. "Hey, look out! Here comes the Harmony!" A random player shouted. Axle quickly turned around as he finished off a Dog.

"What now?" Axle was met by the white magic released by the Elements of Harmony. It lifted him off the ground and shot him into the air. The grey stallion yelled as he traveled from his stationary position on the ground towards Destruction. As Axle drew closer, he managed to roll off of the magic blast. He slowly fell downward, but was caught by a Unicorn's magic. Axle patted the Unicorn on his back. "Thanks bro."

Before the magic expert could speak, the magic from the Elements collided with Destruction. The beast was lifted up off the ground and had been flung back into the vortex. The remaining Diamond Dog forces began to retreat, along with any Draconequus or Changlings still in the city.

Axle watched as the armies flooded out of the city and ran. He then felt a hoof on his back. "Yeah?" As Axle turned around, the Unicorn that had saved him turned into a Changling. "Once more. Screw me." The insect like creature punched Axle in the face with it's hoof. He fell to the floor and his vision turned black.