• Published 12th Oct 2012
  • 1,010 Views, 22 Comments

Harmonic Hero: The Twilight Knight - Warpony



A young man plays a game based off everyone's favorite show.

  • ...
2
 22
 1,010

Creation of a Hero and a Story to Tell

A spectrum of colors and sounds filled Axle's ears. A variety of tastes and smells reached him from nowhere but everywhere. He could feel a legion of tiny pricks on his body, followed by a soothing wave over his entity. The final nerve connections were complete and Axle was allowed to move his body in a stark white void. Soon though, it turned dark.

Land formed under his feet a dark sky started to roll with thunder clouds. A city erected from the dirt, along with a mighty castle and mountain. "That is Canterlot." Axle said aloud. "This is amazing." Once the mountain reached the sky and all of the city was risen from the ground, a multitude of equines started to flood the streets. Carts and stalls and wagons were everywhere. Ponies bought, sold and traded at the stalls and some pulled the carts.

A legion of pegusi flew in the sky, waving banners of day and night. Axle was pulled up high to follow them. A voice started to speak as Axle moved to narrate the scenery. "Equstria, a land known for it's peace. A land for it's talented ponies who all find their own ways of living. From those in the air who show that all have the ability to soar where their hearts lead them." He flew behind them all as they headed towards the palace.

Once they reached the palace, Axle was brought down to a tower window. Inside he say unicorns practicing their magic skills in what looked like a room made just for that. A shelf of books and small lab sets decorated the walls. In the center was a white square where two unicorns used spell against the other. Axle saw balls of fire and sharps of ice fly around. "To those who study the magical arts and practice them. Showing that all have power deep in their souls and can give them form." A small explosion in the corner caught his attention. A pair of unicorns laid on the floor with sot in their faces. Another came over to assist them, with a telekinesis spell.

Once more, Axle was flung to a new scenery. This time he stood on training grounds were a unit of earth pony were practicing their fighting skills. "Some use their own physical power to show others what can be done with training and discipline. That all challenges can be over come if you work hard and true." A pair fought with swords as another fought with their hooves. In the corner, a lone pony was meditating with a candle in front of him. The candle flickered and the pony opened his eyes to the dark sky.

Axle too looked to the dark and eerie sky. He felt a tug on his back and his body shift. He looked to his sides and saw he had be placed in a new viewing point. He was outside the city, in the middle of a griffin trading caravan. A dozen of the creatures were sitting and eating cooked fish with their talons. "Yet not all who live or come here know of this peace. Through their own bravery and personal issues, they try their best to grow a life with happiness." One of the griffins looked to the sky and pointed to it for the others to see. Axle looked back to the sky to see the dark sky opening. A barrage of brimstone meteors fell from an orange and yellow vortex. The meteors broke apart and started to bombard the city below.

"What the hell?" Axle shouted. "What is that?" Once the meteors crashed into the ground, they broke apart and creatures broke free from them. They were a mix of animals, lion claws, eagles talons, pony heads and bat wings. "A dark time has fallen on Equestria."

As Axle watched the scene, we was brought high into the sky over to the city. "Long dead enemies of the world have come back to claim the land. Along with taking the lives of those who try to save it." Axle saw fire and destruction as he flew over the city. The Draconequus were not the only things Axle caught sight of. He heard rumbling and tilted his head.

To the west, a hoard of Diamond Dogs were approaching with savage looking siege weapons. Catapults made from drift and rough woods. Battering rams made from stone and scrap metals. "Unseen hostility will be awakened." They marched through fields and over hills. They started to fire their catapults and hit the city walls.

A group of ponies who were running away from the Draconequus inside the city. They were halted line of what seemed to be royal guards. They tried to plea with them, but the guards held pinned them down on the hard stone pathway. The guards glowed a sick green hue and transformed into Changling. The Changlings than took the ponies and flew off into the dark sky. As they flew, they passed their Queen, Queen Crysalis, who had the smile of a victor on her face. "Some will return and take what they wanted in the first place."

Axle landed in front of the palace and watched as all the chaos flowed around him. The city began to burn down and the amassed armies of evil began to draw closer. The Draconequus started to fly next to the airborne Changlings. The Diamond Dogs charged inside the city and ran to the palace, where most of the citizens had reached.

"Fear not!" The voice said in a booming voice. "For we have those to defend us in this dark hour. For even in night the stars shine and the moons guides use!" The palace doors opened to relieve Princess Luna in battle ready armor. "After the night passes, the day will come along with the light of the sun!" As Luna stepped forward, Princess Celestia came close behind her. Both holding a presence of command and strength.

"Oh my god. I love this already." Axle said with a dropped jaw. He stood next to them waiting and watching for more.

"Though beware, for what is the purpose of guidance if they're not ponies to follow the teaching and lessons given." A sudden and wild burst of light shot out from the palace. The light spread across the city like a wisp, cleansing it of the fire and the Draconequus, Changlings and Diamond Dogs. A clattering of hooves came from inside the palace. Six mares emerged from inside, dawning their respected elements of harmony.

From the vortex came a large and horrid monster that might not have even been a Draconequus. He was easily the size of the palace and seemed likely to have been able to level the city. He had the head of a dragon, the body of a Minotaur, the legs of a goat and a bird. His arms were that of a a lions caught on fire and an ape. He flew down with with wings of a bat and a tail of a snake. The monster of god-like size landed outside the city and a new hoard rained down on Canterlot. "The darkness is large and has an army of legions. But we have allies of our own."

As a group of Changling flew on the outskirts of Canterlot, a Griffin attacked them. He held fish bones in his mouth as he fought the Changling with his bear talons. As he finished, a half dozen more joined him in his efforts. From the north, a flock of Dragons came in the air and on the ground. They roared and breathed fire upon the Draconequus that flew around the city and destroyed the Diamond Dogs and their siege weapons.

With a long and hard breath, the monstrous creature from the vortex roared. A bell was rung in Canterlot and an army of ponies approached the enemy hoards. Knights, guards and soldiers in shining armor marched in the street as more flew in the air to combat the airborne attackers. Unicorns used their magic to mend the wounded and attack those who came close to the palace.

"Oh my god." Axle repeated over and over. "The graphics and texture, the action is so cinematic!"

The Elements of Harmony prepared to use the elements once more. Just before it was set off, the voice spoke one last thing. "Now is the time for heroes to be born." The elements flashed a bright, stark light that blinded Axle.

When Axle opened his eyes again, he was standing in a stable. "Well that just dropped my excitement down by half." A transparent panel suddenly appeared in front of Axle. On the top of the panel was a tag that read 'Race'. "I guess these are what I can pick from. Now lets see what we have here." The races listed were the three pony races along with Dragon and Griffin.

Axle thought for a little while before picking Earth pony. "I think I will try this one first." Once selected, the panel closed and another one opened for Axle to read. This one was a design panel, to customize his avatar. "Alright, lets make a badass!" Axle said with a smirk. He took hold of the panel and started to play with it.

A stark white Earth pony appeared in a stall next to him. "Alright, well first we need a mane on him. He has got to have that Cloud Strife styled hair, first and foremost." Axle looked through the mane designs ending with a disappointed frown. "Ah man, they don't have it. Wait, they have Zack Fair without that cowlick." Axle pressed the panel and the avatar gained a spiky mane style. The tail turned the same as a reaction to the mane change.

"Now for the color." Axle thought for a few moments before deciding to leave the mane and tail white. "I like white, I'll leave it for now." He selected the body and colored it a shade of gray known as bone that went well with the mane color. He than gave the eyes an teal green hue.

He finished and hit submit, finalizing the color scheme. A new panel named 'Body type' emerged. Axle took a good look at his pony and shrugged. He didn't see anything that needed to be changed except the height and shoulder width. He increase both slightly and finished the process.

"Oh my god! How many panels are there?" Axle shouted. Axle and his pony avatar were moved to what seemed to be an armory. "Well this is better." Just as he finished his sentence in relief, a weapons catalog was placed in front of him in the form of a magazine. "Nice, they now how to make a guy relaxed. Hmm lets see." Axle took it and flipped through the pages. "Wow, they have everything. They even have those um, what are they called. The spinning blades of death. Chakram! They are chakram, death frisbees."

Axle flipped through the pages, looking for a weapon he'd like. "Axe is a no, I hate hammers, wands are a hell no. Spear?" Axle looked to his avatar and back at the image of a spear. "Nah, it just wouldn't look right on him. I guess it is sword and shield. Wait a bloody second here!" Axle shouted as he looked at the selection of shields. One of the many available shields was designed to be a shield and sheath combo. Axle selected the special shield and placed it on his avatar.

The shield was silver with a dark purple moon in the center. It was the length and width of the avatar's leg, making it a perfect fit. The sword was short bladed with a steel hilt. "Now that is nice."

Axle looked through armor. "He should have scale-plated armor." Axle rustled through the designs and found what he was looking for in the back. The scale-plated armor was made with a metal frame that was slightly darker than polished silver. The scales were an obsidian shade of purple, nearly black if seen in darkness.

Axle placed the armor on the avatar and smiled at his creation. "Now that is a battle ready pony!" The player closed his catalog, causing the armory to change into a library. "What the hell now?" The catalog had turned into a large spell book. "Oh blood hell."

Axle opened the book and read the first page. "Now that you are half way down with your character...Only half?" Axle looked up and blinked a few times. He shook his head and went back to reading. "Your character, you just need to pick a few attributes he or she will have. This will also determine what kind of skills/spells he or she will have and use."

Axle flipped through the book and read off a few types. "Fire, water, ice, wind or air, earth, rubber...rubber?" Axle reread rubber five times to make sure his head wasn't playing tricks on him. "Yup, that is totally rubber. Animistic, mystic, light, dark, mechanical. I am going to have to look some of these things up in a guide book or the game website. Just to know that the hell they do."

As Axle continued to read the attributes and what some do, he found himself at the back of the book. There was only one left, an attribute that glowed with a mist of black and white. "Twilight Aura. Must be special or something." Axle selected it and the mist flowed around his avatar. It seeped into it the ponies body and caused it to gain the attributes Axle selected for it.

Once the process was complete, the book vanished while another appeared. Inside this once was a list of backstory details. "Fine what is this? How I am into the world? This must be like, how my pony was born. Alright, let me see. I was born, into nobility, a common family, a poor family, a secret location. I do like them secrets." Axle selected the way he was born.

Next he was asked which Element he thought was most important. "Well it seems it would be rude of me to not say Magic." As he picked Magic, he was asked what Princess he followed. It took only a second for him to pick Princess Luna.

The book closed and the library turned into a stable once more. A panel appeared, seemingly the final one.

You have completed your avatar creation and general background. To finalize, please select a name for your character and what custom title he or she will have. Example: Soaring Struck, Sky Ranger

Axle read the text and pounded on his choice for two minutes. He looked over all the choices he made and any past experiences. He grew a smirk and selected his name. "Nix Hex, Twilight Knight." The panel closed and Axle looked at his character. "Alright, lets do this."