• Published 19th Jun 2022
  • 868 Views, 25 Comments

STARMAN - SOUNDBLASTER_SUPERIOR



Cosplayer goes to contest, gets bullied, meets a “merchant”, gets sent to Equestria.

  • ...
22
 25
 868

Prologue

Author's Note:

Warning, there may be spoilers if you haven’t seen the movie yet. Enjoy!

On an early brisk spring day a seasoned cosplayer walked down the streets of Anaheim, California on his way to the Disney Pixar WonderCon. He was weary and ready for this year's costume contest as he’d won the last few nearly eighty times in a row the last few years. He was well-known on the cosplay circuits and not well liked by many. Due to this being a Disney themed event this time he went with one of the most well-known and well liked characters of many from their childhoods of the late 1990’s and early 2000’s, Buzz Lightyear!

I took in a deep breath, then let out. “Ah it feels good to be Buzz.” I said. I began walking into the Con, and as I was walking through, I caught the eyes of a few other onlookers.

I went over to the ticket booth and bought a ticket then headed over to look at a few of the stalls before the contest. The stalls were filled with tons of memorabilia from movies, tv shows, and video games.

I saw one guy working a stall who was looking at me with a creepy grin. He seemed to be albino, with short white hair, green eyes, khakis, and a t-shirt with something from Transformers on it… I think. I stopped for a second and noticed he had a lot of cool stuff, he had some Disney action figures, Fallout weapons, pokéballs, Pokémon figures, anime swords, and a few Transformers merch. He even had a curtain covering something in the back. He seemed to keep staring at me with a creepy smile, so I hurried to find something to eat before the contest began.

I went over to the food court and got a slice of pizza and was about to start eating when a few people who were dressed in stellar cosplays showed up. One was dressed as Galactus, one was dressed as Sora from KH1, and one was dressed as Mickey Mouse.

“Oh hey…. How’s it going?” I asked.

“We know who you are,” Galactus pointed a purple sausage at me.

“Yeah and we know you’re planning on entering the costume contest,” Sora from KH1 glares at me.

“Yeah I was, what of it?” I asked, confused. I was here to have fun, it wasn’t my fault I won just about every costume contest I’d been in on purpose. I just like to dress up.

“You better not enter this one, Buzz,” Mickey says, “Or things are gonna get really ugly for ya…” He says ominously.

The three then flipped me the bird and left me with my now cold pizza, ’What a waste’ I mentallly pouted. After I dumped my trash I made my way to where they were holding the contest.

As I made my way to the registration I failed to notice the trio glaring at me. When I finished, the man at the registration desk told me that the contest would take place in an hour in the auditorium so I made my way to shop for souvenirs to take home later.

However I was ambushed by the trio who were picking on me earlier and I got shoved into a secluded area. “hey what's the big idea!” I said.

It was Galactus that spoke for the three. “We warned you not to enter time to teach you a lesson.” He said. The three walked up to me and began ripping the costume off me, and slightly damaging my clothes underneath the costume. They gave me a bloody nose, a fat lip, and I think maybe a black eye just so they were thorough.

“Last time I checked, geek on nerd violence was prohibited in Convention centers, piss off before I have you hanging from the rafters by your undies, each of you with a face beaten so bad it’ll look like meatloaf!” Said a voice, I looked to where it came from and saw it was the creepy albino guy I saw working at that stall.

They all gulped and bolted, three pools of urine on the floor, one from each of them. “Hahahaha! It’s fun screwing with people, come on let’s get you cleaned up, I have a medkit in my stall.” He said, offering me his hand.

I took his hand thankfully. “Thanks for the help, but my costume… it’s ruined.” I said as I looked at the tattered buzz lightyear costume I spent so much time making.

“Hmmm, I don’t think you will be able to fix it before the contest, but I think I’ll see what I can do, come, my stall isn’t far.” He said as he led me to where his stall was and took me into the back.

He got out a medkit and began tending to my wounds. I couldn't help but thank the man again for the help, “I really appreciate you helping me. How can I return the favor?” I asked with genuine honesty.

“There’s no need for that.” He told me. “However, your costume and clothes will have to be thrown out. I’m afraid there’s no saving them.” He said as he began going through cabinets I hadn’t noticed before.

I brushed it off as me not paying attention before I looked around at all the amazing odds and ends he had here at his stall. He gave me a white t-shirt with gray sleeves that said:
PROPERTY OF
STAR COMMAND
ID:12007275283

Then he gave some dogtags with a barcode that was labeled:
LIGHTYEAR
BUZZ
O POSITIVE

Then he gave me a monogrammed blue astronaut jumpsuit. “Woah! That's awesome but I have nowhere to change…” I was standing there nervously looking for a changing booth or something.

“Oh! Right… um…. Ah! The extra curtain!” He said as he brought out a curtain and put it up. After he set it up, he closed the curtain. “There, you get changed and I’ll be out here doing my job.” He told me as he went to the front.

I nodded gratefully and began to change out of my rags and into the clothes given to me “tight fit but it will do for the rest of the convention!” I said.

“Unfortunately I can’t have you go anywhere without buying something.” Said the man.

I start thinking about what to buy. ”Well I'm not sure what to get…” I said as I gave a look around at all his wares, from Alastor’s monocle fom hazbin hotel to transformers’ laserbeak.

“Anything except laserbeak, I’m saving that for myself.” He told me. “oh! I’ve got just the thing!” He said as he tore away the curtain at the back of the stall to reveal a Star Command Space Ranger space suit.

I gawked at the suit. “I’ll make you a good offer for it. Same one from the end of the film, It’s fully equipped with a laser and a jetpack.” He said.

I shook my head in disbelief before looking at him. ”How much?” I asked.

“$200, Well, I can’t sell it as is, it comes in a set, if you buy the suit you also have to buy at least one thing with it.” He told me, holding up a model of the XL-15.

“If you do that, I’ll throw in the laser blade, a blaster, and Sox for free.” He said.

I looked at all the stuff and then looked at him “You got a deal!” I said, pulling out my wallet and paying the man and getting the suit on. “I never got your name?”

“Just call me Rob.” Said the man as he chuckled. Then I heard him singing under his breath. ”There's a Starman waiting in the sky, He'd like to come and meet us, But he thinks he'd blow our minds.”

I looked at him. “thank yo-” I began before I blacked out.