• Published 13th Sep 2012
  • 19,925 Views, 1,758 Comments

Equestrian Earth the MMORPG - Chaotic Note



Twilight has fun playing a virtual reality game with her friends, adventuring across an ancient Equestria, until she learns of players never waking up.

  • ...
63
 1,758
 19,925

**Chapter 05: And a New Day Dawns

A Chaotic Production presents...

The Beginning Arc(a pre-arc)

Chapter 5

~ edited by TLSpark and Reddened Chaos

Theme Song: "Crossing Field" Sword Art Online (AmaLee)

Author Notes: Let's see if we can find any references in here.



“I hope you all are as excited as I am, because the Skydome is going to RUMBLLLE!

Twilight winced as the piercing sound of cheering spiked through her eardrums. The audience clapped and stomped for exciting battles, and she’s going to have to cater. As she stepped into the arena, she looked around the circular coliseum and noted how many were seated in the stands. But there were none. Instead, the patrons were watching from high above, floating on seats and platforms made of blue-grey clouds. It was much like Cloudsdale’s coliseum. From their mouths, Twilight could distinct two names. Team Awesome, and Team Packers. She could see giant foam fingers raised up high as well as a couple poster boards with their names. Twilight looked away, trying to avoid making eye contact with any of the viewers. From the corner of her eyes, she could see Rainbow Dash rallying up more cheers. How in Celestia could Rainbow Dash handle so much attention?

The arena was the opposite of the unique stands, being completely flat and stone. Standing here made her feel vunerable. So far during the grinding sessions, she had the trees for cover. Here, she and her friends are running targets. High above the crowd was a floating box for announcers. It was adorned with two pairs of golden bells and its walls were colored with the theme of the night sky and a crescent, white moon. In it, Sentinel and the princess of the night herself were standing behind the mics. The ceiling did not exist at all as the roof opened up to the ozone above. Across the arena were their opponents. Twilight hadn't met them before but they fit Applejack’s description of them.

“Okay ladies and gentlecolts!” Luna shouted. “Today we have a little treat for you, for the Elements of Harmony are competing today!”

The cheers intensified in her ears. They were really getting riled up. They must have been a big deal.

“Yes that’s right! They walk among us in the world of Equestrian Earth, gracing us with their presence,” Luna said. “Their magic of friendship triumphs all that stands for evil! They are truly heroes! Give it up for Team Awesome!”

Twilight made a note to buy some ear plugs after the match. The crowd can be really bucking loud if they wanted to. Her team didn’t seem to mind however as they waved towards the crowd. Fluttershy, however, was shying back from the noise.

“And in this corner,” Sentinel began. “Are a couple of new players to the Skydome! They, however, had made quite a rustle in the Cloud Library yesterday as they fended off the wind elementals and protected the sacred scrolls, books, and players that could have been torn apart by their whirling magic. Again sorry for the monsters, they were a glitch. But they'd pushed on through, sent the wind demons from whence they came, and now are here to try their luck in the Skydome! Give it up for Team Packers!”

The crowd didn’t cheer as much as they did for Twilight’s team but it was still loud enough to let the other team know they’re recognized for their heroic deeds. Team Awesome and Team Packers walked towards each other to the middle of the arena to get the match ready.

“Players, shake hooves” Luna said.

“Oh come on, is that really necessary?” Sentinel asked. "I want to see the action right now!"

Luna raised her eyebrow with an incredulous gaze. “What? Is courtesy not important to you?”

Sentinel slowly broke eye contact with her. "Umm, uh, go ahead whenever you guys are ready!"

Twilight quickly checked through their team. Just as Applejack described, she could see Paperback, Night Stalker, Livo, and Nitro Rush in their ranks. There were, however, a couple new players that Applejack hadn’t mentioned. A pegasus colt stood beside Paperback with a purple bandana wrapped around his wild blue and red mane. It sort of made him look like a mare if she thought about it. His coat was cyan, like Dash’s, but it was a darker variety like sea green. He wore a white Greek-styled robe that reminded Twilight of the great artisans and scholars of old. The other member was a unicorn mare with a blue purplish coat that goes well with her blond and cyan mane. Her mane was styled similar to a combination of Fluttershy’s and Rarity’s, and she wore a black cloak with her hoodie held back to show off her mane.

“Howdy!” Applejack greeted. “I believe we’ve met before.”

“It’s a pleasure to meet you again Applejack,” Paperback smiled. “I’m glad you’ve accepted our challenge. To be honest, I never really thought you would agree to face us.”

“We take challenges very seriously,” she casually said. “It’s our motto to do the best we can be. Glad to be up against you.”

“Same here.”

“Wait,” Rainbow Dash said. She got up against Paperback’s face and sized him up. He gave her a nervous smile. “Why are you up against us anyway, and how did you know us? Ponies don’t just causally walk up in a bar and issue a fight. Are you a spy?”

“What? No no, nothing like that,” he quickly said. “This match actually wasn’t really my idea.”

Rainbow Dash glared at him.

“Okay maybe it sort of is. But really, to be honest, one of our friends was a really big fan of yours and the only way I could think of properly meeting with you would be to go up against you. Everypony knows that the Team Awesome clan loves to overcome challenges.”

Twilight looked around for the fan to see a giddy pegasus behind Paperback. He was practically bouncing up and down for joy with a big and goofy smile on his face.

‘That’s probably him’, she thought.

“Are you Nitro?” Twilight asked. “Applejack had mentioned you before.”

“Yes! Yes I am!” he smiled. “I can’t believe I’m finally meeting you!”

“It’s nice to meet you too,” she smiled back.

Nitro was shaking in joy and was bouncing up and down again.

“So,” Twilight said. “I don’t believe AJ has mentioned you two before. What’s your name?” she said to the cyan colt.

“My name is Sound Wave,” he gave a short, courteous bow. “Nice to meet you Twilight.”

“And my name is Chalice Longshot,” said the blue purplish mare. “I’ve been looking forward to our match today. It’s such an honor to go up against you.”

“I wouldn’t know about that,” Twilight chuckled. “There are far better players than us.”

“Well, I don’t know about me, but it’s obvious that I’m the best there is!” Rainbow Dash flexed her wings.

“Really now?” Applejack grinned. “Ah wouldn’t say that about last week when ah bucked you into last week.”

“That was luck!” Rainbow fired back. “Your shotgun just happened to hit the barrel behind me. That wasn’t skill.”

“Well hay now the scores don’t lie.”

“Wanna bet?”

“Oh you wanna bet your rainbow colored tail ah do!”

“Girls!” Twilight shouted.

The two looked at her with surprise written all over their faces. She looked at them sternly as a mom would over a foal that just broke a very important object.

“We’re in the middle of something here?” she said.

“Err, sorry Twi,” Applejack apologized.

“Uh yea, what she said.” Rainbow Dash avoided Twilight’s eyes.

Twilight sighed in exhaustion. She turned back to Paperback’s team who were obviously giggling at the two mares’ antics. Paperback just gave her a knowingly smile. She returned back a sheepish one. Paperback offered Twilight his hoof and she took it with a vigorous shake.

“Good luck,” he grinned.

“And may the best team win,” she smirked.

Team Awesome went back to their end of the stone field as the crowds cheered on. As her friends checked their equipment, Twilight’s mind was processing the other team’s status and players. Sentinel mentioned yesterday that they had two rouges, and from what Applejack said before Night Stalker must be an archer and Livo was the thief class. They seem to be close to each other from the way their body language was. Kind of like brothers and sisters were. As for Chalice she seemed to be–

“Okay teams! Get ready to fight!” Luna shouted.

“Five! Four! Three!”

‘Oh horse apples,’ she thought. Not enough time for her to assess the situation. She would just have to figure out what made the other team tick on the fly.

“Two! One,” Sentinel yelled. “Battle On!”

Night Stalker drew his bow and notched a couple of arrows in a blink of an eye. He released the two missiles and sent them flying towards Twilight. She didn’t have time to react and thought she was already out of the game. Her worries were set aside as Spike set the projectiles ablaze with dragon fire. Livo took advantage of the distraction, already closing in the large gap between her and Fluttershy.

Rainbow Dash didn’t give her the chance as she swiped at her with ‘Dash It’. Livo parried the strike and returned with a counter, but failed as Rainbow did a front flip over her. She quickly turned around for another strike, but Livo blocked it with his black-night dagger. Rainbow Dash continued slashing at Livo as she parried each one. She didn’t give the black pegasus any room to strike back.

Chalice meanwhile was concentrating on forming some sort of magic symbol on Paperback’s war hammer. Twilight assumed her to be the Rune Specialist and she was giving his weapon a power boost. She focused her mind to charge up huge amounts of energy. Particles of magic substances swirled around her horn and formed a white sparkling ball. The Magic Missile. Twilight fired at Chalice to stop her progress, but a line of musical notes blocked its path. Twilight saw Sound Wave giving her a grin as he continued to weave the veil of music from his harp. The Missile persisted however and continued to plow through the wave of notes, pressuring Sound to keep up the music. His brow began to sweat and the barrier began to falter. After a few passing moments, the Missile broke through and made a beeline for Paperback.

He grinned however as he took a swing at the glowing energy, his new rune boost now glowing with magic. The two forces caused a huge explosion and both teams covered their eyes to protect from the dust. When the cloud dissipated, the ponies could make out two figures in the dust. One of them was holding a now-very-larger-than-god hammer.

“Oh what the buck?!” Rainbow Dash shouted.

“Oooh, looks like that rune was a byproduct from the Experimental Arcane Labs!” Sentinel said over the mic.

The crowds cheered louder at the persistence both teams had shown. Chalice looked pretty proud of herself.

“Not bad for a first test huh?” Chalice smirked.

“I’d hope so. You said this could possibly blow me up right?” Paperback asked.

“Possibly.”

“Guess I’ll have to take that chance.”

Paperback ran forward and brought the hammer down in the area in front of Twilight. A spike of rocks however burst out of the ground and blocked his attack. The hammer smashed about a third of the way through before the stalagmite halted its progress. Twilight looked behind her to see Rarity levitating an array of gems behind her.

“Stand back dear. I've got this one.”

Rarity fired a couple of Explosive Gems at the feet of Paperback. He leapt back leaving his hammer behind. The explosion launched the hammer into the air, and Twilight looked up to see a white blur being launch by another outcropping of rocks. Rarity met with the hammer and pulled her hind legs in.

“Take –” Rarity slammed down her hindhooves on the hammer, sending it flying towards its owner “– this!”

Paperback’s pupils grew wide open and he brought his forehooves up, bracing for impact. The hammer bashed down on his owner, continuing to push him down the arena like a train, but he pushed back as well. The results left him sliding across the floor, struggling to stand upright. Twilight winced as she witnessed it. His hooves must practically be burning right now. Rarity landed on the ground with grace and fired her last remaining gems at him. The hammer slowed to halt just in time for him to quickly grab the handle and swung at the gems, batting them away towards the walls.

“Oooh, nice moves. He has some great reflexes there,” Sentinel said. “I’m seriously surprised he was actually able to carry that thing.”

“I think Rarity should have aimed at the ground beside him and split her gems. He would have no chance of deflecting two separate attacks,” Luna commented.

“Luna, remember what Marshal said?” Sentinel asked.

She groaned. “No helpful comments.”

“Yep. Moving on. Oooh looks like Fluttershy is bringing out the big guns!”

Twilight looked to her right to see the shy pegasus talking to a group of salamanders the size of large dogs. She didn’t notice Fluttershy was singing from the start of the match, calling on her animal friends to help. She seemed to be giving them a pep talk.

“Now remember, we are fighting the other team, but don’t hurt them. Just annoy them for a bit okay?” Fluttershy gently asked.

The lizards cocked their heads a little and blinked with blank expressions. Twilight facehoofed for what seemed to be the tenth time in this game. She heard music again and looked at Fluttershy, but she wasn’t singing. She looked around to see Sound Wave strumming his harp again. The lizards moved with the sound of the music, and their eyelids drooped a little as the music played. They were lulled to sleep and they dropped to the ground with closed eyes. Fluttershy gasped at this and she looked at him with perplexed eyes. He gave her a winning smile.

“Sorry! Thought they could use a nap!” he shouted over.

Fluttershy’s eyes pleaded for help as she looked at Twilight. Her only attack skill was nullified so she was in trouble. Twilight looked at Applejack to see the farmer surveying the battlefield. It seemed like a couple of Packer’s team were also choosing somepony to fight.

“You know, this should be a fast paced match but it looks like only a couple of ponies are only in the fray,” Luna said.

“Well given it’s their first PvP, I’d say a full battle should start now,” Sentinel replied.

Twilight nodded towards Applejack and gestured her towards Sound Wave. She got her message and hefted her own war hammer towards him. He gulped and looked at Night Stalker for help. He nodded and notched an arrow towards Applejack. She brought the hammer up to block for the arrow, but musical notes started to pelt her side. Twilight looked at Sound Wave to see him firing the pesky notes. Her brows furrowed a little as she launches a barrage of small Magic Missiles to block the musical notes. Night Stalker fired a couple of arrows at Twilight to stop her attacks, but Spike burned them to ashes. He looked quite annoyed right now.

“Okay, is that how you want to play? Let’s play!” He brought his hooves to his mouth and whistled into the air.

A few moments later, a red blur came down from the sky and pummeled the little dragon to the ground. Spike kicked the new arrival off and looked at his new opponent. It was a large hawk the size of Spike and had feathers the shade of flames. Spike chuckled nervously and tried to give it a friendly handshake. It didn’t look so impressed. It peaked forward to give Spike a deadly strike but he rolled to the side to avoid the sharp beak. The bird left a crack on the concrete. Spike gulped a little as the bird gave him a mischievous smile. The dragon ran like hell with the bird in pursuit of his tail.

“How do you like my bird? Her name’s Crimson Flair. Be nice to her!” Night shouted over to Spike.

He heard the air whistle to his right and he leapt backwards to avoid a huge hammer. He looked over to see Applejack smiling at him.

“I don’t think he took kindly to that,” she grinned.

“What can I say? He was begging for playtime.”

He dodged her incoming strike as she pounded the spot where he was at. He notched a couple more arrows and set them flying towards her. AJ recovered quickly from her attack and swung her weapon to the side, dispatching the two arrows with no sweat. As he prepped another arrow onto his bow, she ran forward and hurtled over the gap between her and Night. She raised the hammer over her head and it glowed with a brilliance of light like the sun. As Night stared at awe in the hammer, Applejack swung the hammer overhead towards the bowcolt.

Sentinel sharply breathed through his teeth. “Oh this will hurt hard.”

He snapped back into focus and rolled backwards to avoid the direct hit. The impact of the Celestia’s Hammer, however, was more than enough to send the archer flying to the wall. He landed with a pained grunt before digitizing into respawn mode. The electronic board that showed all the participants of the match had Night Stalker’s picture crossed out with a red X, declaring him defeated.

Meanwhile, Twilight was holding her own against the barrage of Sound Wave’s musical notes. She was almost there as the length of her attack was pushing back against his. Just as soon as victory seemed to be hers, she spotted a blur of a blade coming at her. She yelped as she ducked and jumped back as another swipe was swung. She saw Nitro with the outrageously large scythe in his mouth.

“Sorry if I happen to hit you,” Nitro said, although his message muffled through scythe’s handle.

Twilight understood what he said though, and smiled. “It’s okay. Doesn’t matter if you can’t hit me. You probably won’t anyway.”

He returned a grin of his own before getting all serious again. He twirled around to swing the scythe again. Chalice entered the fray with rune imbedded rocks, and tossed them towards Twilight. She dodged every single one of them and noticed that each of them was exploding into random effects. One of them exploded into pebbles, and another had vines bursting out of them. The fury of Nitro’s blade and the storm of the rune rocks were easy to avoid, but it left Twilight with no room to counter. It was a good thing that Twilight practiced dodging attacks during her grinding session with the Timber Wolves, but it wouldn’t do her any good if she can’t fight back. As she evaded another swipe from Nitro, she couldn’t help but wonder where Pinkie Pie was.

‘Where the Tartarus is she?’ she thought.

As these thoughts entered her mind, Chalice stopped throwing her runes as she felt a prick on her flank. She yelled out an “OW!” before looking at her bum to see a needle sticking out of her cloak.

“What the?” Chalice said, her tone starting to get slightly tipsy. “I feel wooozZzZzZ.”

Chalice was dead asleep as she fell flat on her face. Nitro gave her look mixed with confusion and concern before flinching at a sudden pain on his back. He fell to the ground with a candy kunai impaled on his back as well as Pinkie Pie in her ninja outfit behind him. He digitized in similar fashion as the board marked him K.I.A.

“Where were you Pinkie Pie?” Twilight demanded. “I was fending for myself against these two!”

“Sorry!” Pinkie apologized. “I was helping out Fluttershy with her animals with my Super-Duper-Sugary Perky-Derpy-Werpy-Super-Squeezy Soda Supreme!” She explained with one breath. “They’re over there where Paperback is now.”

Twilight looked over to see the Spell Warrior fending off a wave of lizards as they tried to bite his legs. He swatted at all of them with his hammer, but couldn’t fend off the storm of gems Rarity has produced. When it looked like the battle was in her favor, her MP ran out and she collapsed from exhaustion.

“Ha ha! You’ve lost all your MP!” Paperback shouted. “Now I shall– AAAAH!”

He had forgotten the pack of lizards he was defending against and the reptiles swarmed over him with claws and teeth. A bright light glowed from the pile of scales, indicating that he was respawning. The board confirmed the defeat for Twilight. She noticed that Sound Wave’s picture was crossed out as well.

“And Sound Wave?” Twilight asked.

“Asleep as a baby colt in a cushion of cotton candy!” She directed Twilight over to Sound Wave who was fast asleep in a pink shroud of Pinkie Pie’s Candy Cloud smoke.

“Huh. Shouldn’t that just slow them down though?”

“I added a few drops of Aunt Pinkie’s Party Crasher formula,” Pinkie winked. She brought out a couple of bottles with what seemed like milk in them. The bottles were baby bottles. Twilight decided to not ask why. “It’s a special milk formula I use to get Mr. and Mrs. Cake’s foals asleep. Works like a charm!”

“And the needles?” Twilight inquired, asking about Chalice.

“Same formula,” Pinkie said. “Also, Fluttershy helped me sing Sound Wave to sleep when the formula wasn’t enough for him.”

Fluttershy shyly smiled as she walked up to them. “Oh it’s just an old foal song I learned when I was a filly. My parents used it when I had trouble sleeping.”

Twilight was about to say otherwise until she heard a cry out from where Rainbow Dash was fighting Livo. She turned around to see both mares grasping onto one another, both of them still standing strong. Each other’s blades, Livo’s midnight-black obsidian dagger and Dash’s multicolored sword, were sticking out of the other opponent's back. Rainbow Dash was panting a little and grinned as a stream of blood dripped from her mouth.

“Not bad kid. You got lucky though,” she coughed.

“Thanks. Although you had the chance to dodge,” Livo wheezed.

“Heh! Like I said, it was a lucky shot.”

“Rematch some other time?”

“Sure.”

Both pegasi glowed with bright light before digitizing to their respective Skydome locker rooms. The leader boards glowed with green light as they updated the defeat of the recently defeated mares. The board blared out a siren, alerting the audience the end of the game.

“There you have it folks! Give it up for Team Awesome!” Luna shouted.

The crowd cheered on as Luna announced their victory. Twilight smiled at her first triumph in the PvP Skydome. Only just a ton more adventures and battles to go. The announcers released the lock on the doors to the locker rooms so that each team could leave the Skydome. Twilight and the rest found Rainbow Dash leaning against the doors of the lockers, waiting for her team.

“Hey, what's up?”

“What's up?” Applejack frowned. “You just took a knife to the belly. You okay?”

“Yeah, a little toy like that can’t hurt me. She got lucky.”

“Still, I know you like to play action games a lot, and for the last few months you've been trying them out with the Visors. Don't think I wasn't surprised that you got yourself impaled,” Rarity said with a grin. “Are you sure you’re not losing your touch?”

“My touch? Since when did I ever need to have one? Having a touch means you could lose it! Skills are where its at!”

“Uh huh. Yes. That and a knife up your stomach,” Rarity smirked. "And just for the record, both do sort of mean the same thing."

“Whatever. It was a tie anyway because she got lucky.”

“Well I think you should brush up on your skills Rainbow Dash. Maybe you’ll be as graceful as me one day.”

“Oh why you!”

Twilight sighed in exhaustion as the two mares argued over whose better. She went to the doors that led to the Skydome offices.

“Come on you two, we should go pick up the prize.”

+Ω‡‡¥‡‡Ω+

Twilight sat at the edge of the park as the clouds rolled by her. If it wasn’t for the cloud boundary layers that rested beneath the city and formed the extra length of ground, she could have fallen to her virtual death. The two groups, Team Awesome and Team Packers, sat next to each other as they both admired the shiny gleam of the diamond key. It glowed with a brilliance of light as the sun reflected off its surface. Rubies were implanted in the rims of the gold key ring. The item could be worth as much as Rarity’s shop, except for one thing.

“Too bad it’s untradeable,” Paperback said. “Still I wonder what it could unlock.”

“It says that it could unlock Crystal Chests,” Twilight read in the description that hovered above the item. “Does that mean anything to you guys?”

“Oh OH! I know!” Nitro said with glee. “I’ve been around long enough to explore the dungeons around here. The players in there told me that unimaginable wealth and power could be rewarded to the players that open them!”

“That sounds fabulous my dear Nitro!” Rarity winked. “Perhaps we should share it with you when we find one.”

“Rarity!” Rainbow Dash said with tense voice. “We kinda had to fight them for this key here!”

“Ah but if we hadn’t fought them today, we wouldn’t have even been in the Skydome at all!” Rarity justified. “Besides, a little sharing couldn’t do a little harm if the chest is full of diamonds and rubies.

“But what if it was just one weapon?” Rainbow Dash argued.

“Well I’m pretty sure we can work something out.”

“That’s fine,” Paperback said. “You guys won it fair and square. Besides, meeting you girls is treasure enough.”

“I like this guy’s thinking!” Rainbow Dash said as she wrapped one arm around his shoulder for a friendly hug.

Night Stalker’s bird, Crimson Flair, gave a shrill cry as it ruffled it feathers. He chuckled a little as Spike hid behind Twilight’s leg.

“It’s okay buddy, she just wanted to say that she enjoyed the battle and would like to have a rematch someday,” he explained. “Would that be fine?”

Spike relaxed a little. “Uh… yea sure. Any time!”

Twilight smiled a little and looked out to the spacious and green land below her. “Whatever this means for us, the outcome couldn’t be any clearer,” Twilight said. “We’re going out to explore the world! Adventure is a-go, team!”

As her friends cheered on at this revelation, she brought out a list of the friends that she wrote down. “By the way, you don’t mind if we add you do you?”

Paperback seemed a little shocked at this offer, but then a smile formed on his muzzle. “Y– yeah sure! That would be great!”

The ponies excitedly brought out their friend’s list and wrote each other’s identification name down. Obviously, this meant to Twilight that they would be seeing each other more often in the future, and what can she say about that except she values friendship more than ever now that they’re all in this together. The more the merrier she says. The sun warmed brightly as they each chatted about their adventures in Equestrian Earth and the adventures they might have together. It was a good day.

+Ω‡‡¥‡‡Ω+

A dark hooded pony crept his way through the dark. He hated being here. It reminded him of the dark dungeons beneath Canterlot. There was no such thing as cleanliness within its stones, and was populated by more than a few colony of rats. This cave felt no different.

He entered a vast chamber that could only be a home of a gigantic being. The chamber was decorated with furniture that was made out of the bones of animals, monsters, and demons alike. The room was lit with purple, forbidding fire that set the torches ablaze. In the center was a throne of more bones and skeletons, but it also emitted horrifying vapors that formed the faces of the poor souls used to fuse the marrows together. Upon the throne was a dark deity whose figure was shrouded in darkness, but his form was shown quite enough to let the pony know he was taking the form of a physical being. But the figure wasn’t quite one either. He was something more. The figure was watching the only other light source in the room that wasn’t purple, an image of sunshine and grass with a group of ponies lying down on the grass. He seemed particularly interested in one lavender unicorn.

“My lord,” the pony said. He bowed to the figure, knowing that insolence is his one way ticket to being digitized forever.

The figure’s voice was deep like the bottom of a dank gorge, and it was filled with malice and deception. It oozed with a vile aura and it sends out pulses of evil and gave the pony the need to cower into obedience. He resisted however, knowing that he will become just like the poor souls in this figure's grunt army if he gave way to the dark.

I’ve told you a many times, my Spade. You do not need to bow to me.

“It is a matter of respect my lord. I serve you with all my power and respect.” He said humbly.

The figure chuckled darkly before giving the image his attention again.

So what do you know of this mortal?

“That she wields it sir. And that the Goddess has taken quite an interest in her.”

The deity took several moments to reflect on the matter.

I see. So she has already chosen her Champion huh? Well no matter. I shall find mine soon enough. My Champion shall be my Ace in the hole. He shall tear one in the Goddess’s plan.

“Yes sir.”

Soon this land shall be mine. And I’ll have the Goddess on her knees as I rule this world. It’s all part of the game, Spade. All part of the game.

“Yes sir.” The hooded pony turned around to retreat to his quarters.

Oh, and tell the others that they should be ready for the oncoming storm. We are almost prepared to enact phase 1. Go do my bidding, my Spade.

The last word breathed out a blast of warm air that was not necessarily being friendly to the hood pony’s nose. The hood was blasted back, revealing the pony’s face.

“Yes my lord, and my name isn’t Spade. It’s Raynor.”

The dark tyrant chuckled.

Yes of course. Go now ‘Raynor,' and fulfill your promise.

Author's Note:

11/14/12
Huh. It's been a few weeks since I've uploaded this chapter.
Anyway, if you're new to the story, then I congratulate you on getting this far. The story now truly begins right here.
Since this is the end of the prolouge chapters, I find it appropriate to put a video at the end of this pre-arc to show you what epicness I want to capture in these tales.

The Unofficial, Borrowed Fan Fic Trailer

made by Yudhaikeledai
In the end, I just felt like sharing this video. Not meant to promote the story. Not that it matters though, I mean really. You've read this far didn't you? Oh, and I know the video says DOTA 2 at the end. If you don't like it, bite me, but don't chew.