• Published 11th Nov 2021
  • 1,337 Views, 28 Comments

Boyfriend: Achieved - PrincessEnchanteDream



Sunburst is hopelessly in love with Flash Sentry. Three hundred seventy five failed attempts later, Starlight and Twilight finally take the matter into their hooves.

  • ...
24
 28
 1,337

Mission: Get Sunburst to Confess.....

Sunburst sighed deeply as he looked at his cup of coffee on the table, lost in thoughts of a certain stallion. On the opposite side, his two best friends, Starlight Glimmer and Twilight Sparkle, gave each other exhausted looks, knowing where this conversation was headed.

"Did you see his eyes? They shine like sapphires in the night! And his mane? Such brilliant cobalt blue, oh how I wish I could run my hooves through them!"

Starlight pinched the bridge of her muzzle, already done.

"Listen Sunburst, we understand it's totally normal to have a crush on somepony," began Twilight patiently, although her twitching eye said that she was anything but. "But how in Equestria are you going to confess to Flash when you can't even speak a complete sentence in front of the guy!"

"Flash Sentry," Sunburst repeated dreamily, paying no heed to the rest of her statement.

Starlight felt like banging her head on the table. Again.

"Sunburst," said Twilight, looking on the verge of beating the stallion blue. "Why don't you try talking FOR ONCE!"

"Talking!" Sunburst exclaimed, horrified at the very prospect. "Twilight, talking is out of the question! Every single time I see........Flash.......my tongue spontaneously combusts as my heart sings with joy and even angels descend from the sky to see this beautiful specimen of a stallion!"

Starlight breathed in deeply through her nose. "Okay, but have you ever heard of writing a letter, for Celestia's sake!"

"Yeah he did, and remember how that went?" said Twilight tiredly.

Sunburst had the grace to blush.

"Believe me, I poured my heart into that letter. I might've just.....accidently burned it before I sent it."

Starlight rubbed her head, feeling an oncoming headache.

"Sunburst, you're hopeless, you know?"

"If you mean hopelessly in love, then yes."

With that being said, Sunburst got up and trotted away, leaving two utterly exhausted mares behind. Little did he know, they had a plan and would execute it, no matter what happened.


"So, why am I here?"

Flash Sentry looked questioningly at the mare in front of him. He knew her to be normally quite neat and organized, but at the moment, she looked utterly exhausted, her mane a mess and feathers distinctively ruffled.

"A friend of mine wants to meet you," said Twilight simply.

"Um....okayyy?"

Whatever Flash was going on say next was drowned out by the sound of voices, one irritated and one panicky.

"Starlight, please! I can't do this!"

"Oh yes you can," growled out Starlight.

Sunburst whimpered like a puppy who'd been kicked.

Flash watched amused, as Starlight all but dragged Sunburst in the room, with the latter trying his hardest to get away, with no avail. Coming towards them, she deposited his terrified flank right into front of him, and Flash internally smiled at how cute he was.

"Hello Sunburst, Starlight."

"Hey Flash," greeted Starlight, and then elbowed Sunburst to do the same.

Sunburst mumbled something inherent.

"Sorry?" inquired Flash, leaning forward a bit.

"I....uh....buh...erm...he....I'MSORRYBUTIHAVETOGO," Sunburst blurted and bolted out the door.

Flash chuckled as Twilight and Starlight both face-hoofed in the background.


Meanwhile........


Sunburst sobbed into his pillow as Twilight gently patted his back, Starlight running a hoof through her mane.

"I...HAD...A...CHANCE! AND...I...RUINED IT!!" wailed Sunburst, and both mares winced at the volume.

"Well look on the bright side, you got five more words than last time, which is definitely an improvement," Starlight joked.

Sunburst wailed even louder at that, and Twilight glared at her, who looked away sheepishly.

" I am absolutely pathetic," lamented Sunburst.

"No, you're not," both Starlight and Twilight said fiercely.

"Remember when you found the courage to leave flowers for him?" asked Twilight, trying to cheer him up.

Sunburst sniffed and blew his nose loudly. "Yeah....except he was allergic to the pollen and had to be on bed rest for FOUR DAYS!"

Starlight winced in sympathy. "I think he appreciated the thought."

Twilight had opened her mouth to speak, when there was a knock on the door.

"Sunburst? May I come in?" a familiar voice called.

Sunburst's eyes widened in horror. "Quick, hide me, please!"

Cue massive eye roll.

"Yes, you may Flash," Twilight called and opened the door.


Sunburst could only look on with despair as Twilight opened the door and let Flash in. This was it. This was how he was gonna die.

Starlight, in the meantime, worked on fixing his cape and glasses so that he looked somewhat presentable, and not like an escaped cavepony.

His heart stopped in his chest as Flash stepped through the door, the sunlight shining between his mane with the sweetest smile on his face.

"You've been acting strange since the last few days," said Flash, coming to stand closer. "I got worried and thought it'd be a good idea to pay you a visit. You alright there, pal?

"Just dandy!" Sunburst managed to squeak out.

Flash grinned brightly. Starlight and Twilight rolled their eyes as they each lifted a hoof to support Sunburst before he collapsed from swooning too much.

"Say girls," began Flash, and looked from Twilight to Starlight. "D'you mind if I have a word with Sunburst here. You know, in private?"

"Not at all," said Twilight cheerfully as she and Starlight hastily tried to help the other up, all the while stumbling on Sunburst's death grip on their hooves, eventually managing to tug out of his grip.

"Have fun!" called out Starlight, and she and Twilight pushed each other out the door, shutting it behind them.


Flash tried not to show it, but he was sweating nervously. As soon as the mares had left, he turned to Sunburst and tried to maintain his cool composure.

Sunburst was muttering frantically to himself.

Flash smiled at the adorable display, and then lifted a hoof to place it on the other stallion's shoulder.

"Sunburst, calm down please."

He did as such(with some difficulty, might I add), and his aquamarine eyes met Flash's cool blue.

"Uhm...er....you...uh...wanted to talk?" Sunburst, surprisingly managed to stammer out.

Flash smiled softly.

"Yes, I did. I know you've been trying to catch my attention and luckily for you, you did."

Sunburst choked on his spit.

Giving him a fond glance, Flash continued ahead. "You are a very charming stallion, Sunburst, and I'm flattered to have caught your interest."

Sunburst was bright red and gaping like a fish.

Flash leaned closer and nuzzled him. "How may this knight be at your service, your Highness?"

"I...you...uh...How do you still like me? After I sent you flowers you were allergic to, stalked you like some creepy fan, and snuck into your locker room so that I could shamelessly gawk at you!"

Flash only chuckled. "The fact that you care so much only makes it better. Besides, do you really think I didn't notice when you snuck in to 'shamelessly gawk' at me?" at this he winked and Sunburst could feel his ears burning.

Sunburst looked down. "Well, yeah...but-"

Whatever he'd been planning to say next was cut off as Flash lifted his head with his hoof and stared at him with those piercing sapphire eyes.

"Say nothing more," he whispered and leaned in, closing the distance between them.


From behind a crack in the door, Twilight and Starlight high-hoofed each other and smiled at the embracing pair. A job well done indeed.


Comments ( 28 )

Another rare ship!

11046462
Aww, thank you. But yes, it's true.

Howdy, hi!

You have been successfully entered into the MxM contest! Thank you very much for your participation and we look forward to reading!

11046464
Brace yourself for downvote bombing.

11046514
Oh dear lord...

Thanks for the warning though. It's pretty obvious someone's deliberately doing it.

11046941
It speaks volumes about the community, sadly. Lily Orchard once observed that 'words are one thing, actions are another', and I think this applies to bronies/pegasisters too. A lot of them say they are tolerant, but then show their true colours by downvote bombing anything with a hint of LGBT in it.

11047027
Still, I enjoyed this.

11046986
The fact that someone actually downvoted a comment that said 'thank you so much' tells me a lot about the person that did it as well. Then again, I had someone downvote a comment asking me if I was doing okay after I'd been gone a while, so I guess some people are just offended by odd things? :rainbowhuh:

As for the story, I think it's fine, certainly not something I'd downvote. The main thing I would suggest is more banter between characters and details for extra length, because the concept had a lot of untapped potential.

11047311
Strange.

11047038
I thought you'd like to know this is in the featured box.

11047311
Indeed.

Thank you for your review, I'll be sure to keep in mind the next time I write something.

11047379
I just noticed, squeeeeee!!

Cute :twilightsmile:

....Are Starlight and Twilight meant to be together too? Or am I reading too much into this? Because they totally read like a married couple :derpytongue2:

The comedy tag on this did not disappoint. FlashBurst, I can definitely get behind that ship....especially since TwiGlimmer is my # 1 G4 ship.


11047699

....Are Starlight and Twilight meant to be together too? Or am I reading too much into this? Because they totally read like a married couple

They do read that way and I think they make a great couple.

11047699

11047751
Aw, thank you! And yes, since I do ship TwiGlimmer, I intended to have a hint of them being a couple in the story. Glad you guys caught that!:twilightsmile:

11048052

Any chance of a sequel? I'd love to see their relationship grow. You could even ship Twi and Starlight.....then a double date!

11048250
Maybeeee. In fact, that does sound like a really good idea! And since I'm still learning, I wouldn't mind a little help. If that's fine by you, of course.

11048421

Learning as in learning how to write?

11048427
Learning how to write better. As you can see, this story could've been better with more dialogues.

11048431

One thing with me is I tend to write differently than most people. Most people but "comment here", said character x while I tend to do it the opposite.

character x said, "comment here."

Well I don't always use said, I use whatever fits with the character's emotion at the moment. i just thought I'd warn you about that. I don't know what you think of that....my writing ain't exactly perfect despite me having so many stories under my belt.

11048438
Pfft it's alright don't worry. I think you're an excellent writer despite having a different writing style. It's no problem at all, as long as you're comfortable.

11048484

Thanks....some people have brought up my different writing style....it just seems easier for me.

11048490
As long as you're comfortable, it's completely fine by me.

"Talking!" Sunburst exclaimed, horrified at the very prospect. "Twilight, talking is out of the question! Every single time I see........Flash.......my tongue spontaneously combusts as my heart sings with joy and even angels descend from the sky to see this beautiful specimen of a stallion!"

oof! maybe Sunburst is better off not talking instead of saying that, lest he come on too strong

Flash chuckled as Twilight and Starlight both face-hoofed in the background.

ah, so much for that plan!

"Well look on the bright side, you got five more words than last time, which is definitely an improvement," Starlight joked.

Sunburst wailed even louder at that, and Twilight glared at her, who looked away sheepishly.

classic Starlight hoof in mouth

Sunburst sniffed and blew his nose loudly. "Yeah....except he was allergic to the pollen and had to be on bed rest for FOUR DAYS!"

oof, that is a very delicate Flash Sentry! Equestria is full of flowers!

Sunburst was bright red and gaping like a fish.

Flash leaned closer and nuzzled him. "How may this knight be at your service, your Highness?"

i mean, if he was bright red and gaping like a fish before...

Whatever he'd been planning to say next was cut off as Flash lifted his head with his hoof and stared at him with those piercing sapphire eyes.

"Say nothing more," he whispered and leaned in, closing the distance between them.

Flash is really good at this! as he said earlier, Sunburst is very lucky!

From behind a crack in the door, Twilight and Starlight high-hoofed each other and smiled at the embracing pair. A job well done indeed.

aww! always nice when a plan comes together. except Twilight and Starlight didn't really do anything, and it was all on Flash, but shhhhhh.

short and very sweet. thank you for it!

11071353
And thank you for you wonderful review!! It means a lot!

Eu gostei continue o bom trabalho!!
~Beijos

Login or register to comment