• Published 12th Sep 2012
  • 1,743 Views, 65 Comments

Pumpkin's Struggle (Part 3): Love is a Lie - AngelShy24



Pumpkin Cake continues with her bi-polar struggles.

  • ...
4
 65
 1,743

Making Amends

Today was supposed to be a day of happiness, relief, and compassion; but instead it was a day of sadness, grief, and sorrow. It became a dark day for the Cake family, when Mr. and Mrs. Cake came back home from their deliveries and saw Pound and Pinkie waiting for them. However, they realized that there was something off about their behavior; Pound was lying on the ground with his face covered and Pinkie was beside him looking all sad. Pinkie, sad? When they looked around and noticed that Pumpkin wasn’t there, that together with Pinkie’s expression did not seem like a good thing. They looked at their son and asked what was wrong and where his sister was, but all he did was lift his head and showed his angered yet saddened eyes. Pound had said no words, but he didn’t need to; just by looking into their son’s eyes, they feared the worse. Mrs. Cake just fell flat on her flank and began tearing up while she held onto her husband who was joining her a bit. What the hay happened when they were out?

Acer was at the Ponyville Health and Care center having his wings treated. His parents felt devastated when they heard about what happened to their son and came as quickly as they could to see how he was doing. He was doing fine physically, and the doctors told them that because of what happened, their magic sugery would be free on the house. They were all glad on that kind gesture, but Acer was not doing well emotionally; he was still crying a bit partially from thinking about what may happen to Pumpkin and partially from Ruby and what she had done. He thought that she was his friend, but to him no friend would wound his heart the way that she did. He felt like he would never speak to Ruby ever again.

And as for Ruby, she was at home having her wound healed by her mother, using some special healing tactics that she had learned from her grandfather. It didn’t fully heal it, but it was enough that her mother was able to place a cast with herbal medicines around it. But even with that covered, something in Ruby was still sore and wounded… her heart. She might have accomplished what she thought needed to be done from her mother, but at what cost? Acer was probably going to never speak to her again. And when word gets out, how will other ponies see her as now?

Ruby loved her Mother and she always wanted to stick with her methods, but enough was enough. She had a feeling that it was probably too late for her to apologize or make any amends, but she knew that she had to do something; even at the risk of her own life and dignity… if she had any left.

That late afternoon, she was trying to sneak out the door quietly while mining her wounded shoulder. Unfortunately, just as she opened the door, her mother spotted her.

“Ruby, where are you going? Do you wish to go out in your present condition?”

Ruby froze without turning around because she didn’t want her face to give anything away. She calmed down and faced her mother while showing a loyal smile.

“Oh, don’t worry, Mom. I’m just going over to… a friend’s house; you know, too hang out. I won’t be out for too long; I promise.”

Envy looked upon her daughter making sure that nothing was troubling her, but she seemed to be doing fine; despite her injury.

“Very well, just be careful; and don’t strain yourself. I’ve already let you go through too much already.”

“Yes m’am,” said Ruby as she walked out the door, “don’t worry about me.”

She then closed the door behind her and continued to walk on ahead where she finally stopped hiding her true expression. She did something that she ended up regretting; but even though it was the right thing to do, she was about to do something else that she would end up regretting. She looked back at her house for a few seconds and then continued on ahead leaving a trail of painful tears in her path.

“I’m… sorry, Mom.”

-----

Back at the Poyville Health and care center, we find Mr. and Mrs. Cake rushing back into the place after having Pound and Pinkie to go in before them and be there for Pumpkin, after tending to some last-minute situations. As they both ran through the building, the medical ponies there just allowed them through knowing exactly why they were hurrying.

Once they reached the psychiatric ward and arrived at the very room they remembered very well, they just busted through in a state of panic.

“Where is she; where’s Pumpkin!?” Mrs. Cake shouted out, “Please tell me she’s okay?!”

“You know, Mom,” said Pound nearby, “Pinkie and I fine too.”

Mrs. Cake just chuckled while still tearing a bit as she hugged Pinkie and gave Pound a kiss on the cheek. Normally he would wince and feel embarrassed, but he didn’t have any urge to do so at this time.

Mr. and Mrs. Cake went over to the window of the room that housed Pumpkin and saw her on the padded floor out cold; not making a single movement.

“I just don’t understand,” said Mr. Cake desperately, “just this morning she was as happy as a clam, calm as a cucumber, perky as a flower! Can somepony please explain to me and my wife how the situation of our daughter changed suddenly within the couple of hours that we were out of the house!?”

“We were all quite confused at first,” said the main Medical Corp. Pony, Diamond Star, as he approached from behind, “When we were notified about it, we thought it was impossible concerning on how well she was doing. But… once we got to the scene, we couldn’t believe our eyes on what we were seeing. We haven’t seen your daughter this bad since that very day you had to bring her to us about 9 years ago.“

Diamond brought down a screen showing the energy levels of Pumpkin’s emotional magic; they were currently reading at a high critical level. Mr. and Mrs. Cake just couldn’t believe it. They swore that they would do their best to keep their daughter out of this place; yet here they were once again in the exact same place as before; it was their worst fears come true.

“These energy readings on your daughter show that even though she’s unconscious, her power is still way out of control. My entire team could barely hold her down; and to prevent anypony else from being severely hurt, I had no choice but to knock her out. We have no idea what could’ve caused this… well, actually we do.”

“It was that DAMN Ruby’s fault!” shouted Pound suddenly.

Everyone there suddenly jumped in shock upon hearing what the young colt said.

“Pound,” Mrs. Cake shouted “watch your language!”

“I’m sorry; Mom, but I couldn’t help it. That filly; she was a rather major annoyance while Pumpkin has been going to school with me, but I’ve always been there to do my best to help get her through! Ruby has done some pretty mean things, but what she did today is just… just…”

Pound just repeatedly stomped his forehooves on the ground while grunting out in frustration. Once he stopped he just stood there to catch his breath and his parents were standing there watching him to make sure that he was okay.

“Are you okay, Pound?” asked Pinkie feeling concerned.

“I’m fine, Aunt Pinkie; I’m fine… I’m just fine. But if that filly knows what’s good for her, she’ll stay away from my sister; as far away as possible. I’ve never punched a filly before, but she’s well on her way to becoming the first.”

Mr. and Mrs. Cake became a little weary of how their son was acting; he was really being protective of Pumpkin. However, it would be a bit of a problem if he’d ever do something that would be going too far.

“She’s waking up;” Diamond star said suddenly, “Pumpkin is starting to wake up!”

This caught all of the Cakes’ attention and Pinkie’s as they all rushed up to the window of the padded room.

“How are her energy levels,” asked Mrs. Cake.

“I’m afraid that it hasn’t changed. Going in there now to try and comfort her will be too dangerous. I fear that she’ll go at anypony, even her own parents.”

They all watched as Pumpkin was slowly opening her eyes and groaning to herself; she seemed to be doing alright.

“Ugh, where am I; what happened? Huh… padded floors… stuffed animals everywhere… *Gasp* No; no, no, no, no, no, no! Don’t tell me I’m back here?!”

Pumpkin got up and started to run around frantically in a state of panic like she forgot where the exit was. Her family was watching her with bitter greif; hoping that there was a chance that she would calm down again and keep her cool. But she showed no signs of calming down as she started to fire violent beams all around the area that surrounded her.

“Let me out! Let me out of here! I can’t stand to stay here any longer; I’ll go insane!”

Suddenly, one of her beams ricocheted of the wall and knocked her back down on the ground. Pumpkin’s family gasped upon seeing her get hit by her own beam. Pumpkin became furious and frustrated as she slowly got up again and was breathing heavily; and then her horn started glowing ever brighter, which was never a good sign in this case.

But as they saw that her eyes suddenly changed to that frightening shade of red, they knew that she was lost again in her own dark world. She glared over in their direction, but all she saw were figures of those that were keeping her locked up against her will.

“GET ME OUT!!!”

Everyone ducked as Pumpkin fired another powerful beam at the window; it did seem to stretch a bit, but it still did no good to Pumpkin as she kept on pressing against it with her magic. She eventually stopped her attack and shouted out in aguish.

“No! No! No! Ugh… no…”

Pumpkin just sat on her flank while holding both of her hooves to her head; straining and groaning from whatever pain that she felt in her head.

“I can’t take this anymore, Dear!” shouted Mrs. Cake as she dreadfully looked away from her suffering child, “We have to do something! We have to make her realize that her family is here!”

Pinkie then looked back at Pumpkin who suddenly glared at a bunch stuffed toys and used her magic to blow them all to pieces.

“Um… I don’t think that’s such a wise thing to do right now,” said Pinkie nervously.

Pound looked at his psychotic driven sister with eyes still filled with hope. He didn’t want to believe that she was completely lost yet; that there was still something that they could do… but what?

“I beg of you, sis,” said Pound with tears in his eyes, “please, fight whatever’s controlling you and come back to us.”

Suddenly, the back doors behind them flew open and a young colt came trotting in without saying a word.

“A… Acer?!” said Mr. Cake

The Cake couple saw the two wings that their daughter unintentionally broke and compressed. They were both wrapped in casts and Acer had to keep them lowered to keep any major pain from emitting in his body.

“Don’t worry about my wings; they’re fine,” he said, “How’s Pum-pkin doing?”

“Not too good, I’m afraid,“ Pound responded, “She’s completely lost her mind… thanks to you know who.”

Acer jumped up and saw the inside of the room a total mess with Pumpkin on lying on the ground in the mists of it all constantly sobbing. Acer couldn’t stand to see her like this.

“Just look at that chart,” said Pinkie to Acer as she turned his attention to the energy reading screen, “Unless she calms down and her emotional rage lowers, it won’t be safe for anypony to come near her… unfortunately.”

Acer looked back at Pumpkin who was still doing her best to get her power under control, but he knew that she would need his help no matter how huge the risk is. He went over to the metallic door and looked over at Diamond Star; giving him a face of confidence.

“Let me in.”

They all suddenly looked at Acer like he lost his mind.

“You’re not serious, are you kid?” asked Dr. Diamond.

“My name is Acer; and yes, I am very serious. Let me in so I can try and speak with her.”

“Look, I know that you mean well; but if you go in there right now, that little filly might try to kill you.”

Acer just shook his head and replied while smirking, “No, don’t worry; she won’t kill me.”

Dr. Diamond thought that Acer had lost his mind; but for a little colt, he seemed pretty confident. So along with some background assistance, he carefully opened the metallic door. The Cakes and Pinkie were all getting tense as Acer stepped inside and stopped at a few feet away from Pumpkin who didn’t notice him yet.

“H-hey, Pumpkin, it’s… me. Are you okay?”

Suddenly, Pumpkin picked her head up and turned around to see him. But when she did, her eyes grew wide and then jumped on her flank and then started to back away from him with tears in her eyes.

“A-Acer… please, just stay away from me!”

“Pumpkin, it’s okay; everything’s okay. We’re all still here for you. I just want to talk.”

Pumpkin kept backing away from Acer every time he came closer to her. She wasn’t completely aware of her actions when she went crazy, but she knew Acer saw her for who she was deep inside.

“Acer, please; stay away. I know I did something bad, and I know y-you saw… everything.”

“You didn’t do anything bad,” said Acer, “Well… not intentionally.”

Just then, Pumpkin saw both of Acer’s wings in bandages. She knew what that meant; he didn’t have those on there when she was tricked.

“A-A-Acer…” A tear trickled down her face, “your wings; I did that to you, didn’t I?!”

Acer tried to get closer again, “No you di… well, don’t worry, they’ll heal; its fine.”

Pumpkin continued to back away, “No it’s not fine! I told you being my coltfriend was too dangerous! Don’t come near me; I’ll only hurt you again!”

“No you won’t! Quit judging yourself like that!”

“I said stay away!”

Pumpkin kept backing away from Acer until she bumped into a wall. Acer kept getting closer and closer to her, and Pumpkin’s fearful doubts started to cause her horn to glow. It didn’t scare Acer though; he knew that Pumpkin wasn’t making herself do this. However, the others were on edge, and Dr. Diamond and a few more medical ponies were in position in case they would need to pull Acer away from her.

Pumpkin was in a curled up position against the wall and Acer could see Pumpkin’s blue eye color and the dreaded red color appear and fade in and out constantly.

“Please don’t do it, Acer; I… I may end up killing you. I won’t be able to forgive myself.”

All Acer did when he got to her was kneel down and wrapped his forehooves around her. Suddenly, Pumpkin felt a little bit of her worry simmering down and the red in her eyes fade out completely. She was still showing tears, but she just sat there feeling a sense of comfort again. She just didn’t understand; how could somepony risk their life so much just to try and reach her and show her love.

“None of this is your fault,” he said as he continued to hug her, “Somepony just took advantage of your weakness and caused you go psychotic like that.”

Acer then let her go so she could see his sincere eyes, “But even though you did go crazy and wounded me and broke both of my wings and tried to impale me, don’t think for one second that I would be terrified enough to not come near you. I told my parents and yours that I chose and decided to do what I could to keep you calm… and I’m not breaking my promise!”

The glow in Pumpkin’s horn suddenly went away and she began to cry again. She didn’t even choose to say anything; she just responded by hugging Acer back. He really didn’t hate her nor was he terrified of her… well, not completely. Pumpkin felt overly-relieved and couldn’t stop hugging him; maybe there was hope for her all along.

“Wow, look at this,” said Dr. Diamond bringing up the energy reading screen, “Her rage emotional levels are decreasing. She’s now 70% more calm than she was a few minutes ago! That boy has done something that I admit that I would never be brave enough to do; it so remarkable.”

Mr. and Mrs. Cake couldn’t help but smile as they witnessed the miraculous event unfold in front of them.

“It’s so beautiful!!!” Pinkie cried out in happiness, “No pony can say that they don’t belong to each other now!”

Pound was very relieved; even when his sister was in her most crazed state, Acer was able to calm her down.

“That Acer; so stupid and reckless, yet so kind-hearted.”

Suddenly, once again, everyone turned their heads towards the sound of the double doors opening. However, the pony that entered sent vibes of anger throughout his body. Ruby Rose, the one responsible of his sister winding up back here in this place was now standing before him and his family. She slowly walked in with her head down and shivering in slight fear and worry of what would happen to her now. The Cakes must hate her guts for what she did to Pumpkin.

“Um… h-h-hi…”

Pound started to make his way over to her while staring her down intensely. He was making sure that she wasn’t up to anything.

“You got a lot of nerve showing your face here,” said Pound lowly.

“I know… you’re all mad and furious at me…” said Ruby feeling nervous and scared from Pound’s expression, “and I don’t blame any of you one bit; but I came here to apologize in the best way I can. S-so… do you think you could…”

Suddenly, she was cut off when Pound placed his head right on hers and glared deep into her eyes.

“Who do you think you’re fooling, Ruby? My sister was on the road to recovery and was doing better at not losing it to somepony; then you pull off that incredibly stupid stunt and almost ruined everything! And now you come here and expect us to just automatically forgive you?!”

“Um, Pound?” said Pinkie nervously.

Ruby fell over on her back while continuing to cower before Pound’s threatening demeaning stare.

“Pound, honey;” Mrs. Cake called out, “we’re all very furious, but don’t do anything that you’ll regret earlier!”

Pound stuck his hoof at Ruby’s face while trying to calm himself down, “You’re lucky that I don’t like to hit other fillies; otherwise I would swing my hoof right across that stuck-up snout of yours right now.”

“Please, I’m being serious!” Ruby whined suddenly, ”I’m not here to cause any more trouble. I’ve realized that what I’ve done was stupid and I’m just trying to make things right!”

Pound placed his hoof back down on the ground while not showing any expression of forgiveness, “Give me one good reason why I should believe anything that you say right now?”

“Because she got me,” said another familiar voice.

Pound looked up and literally fell back in shock, “M-M-M-Minty?!”

“That’s right, Pound. Ruby here gave me the low down on what happened this early afternoon. Boy, I just wanted to give her a strong right on her face when she told me the reason for doing what she did; but then I saw that she seemed to be beaten up enough already.”

Pound was just looking at Minty blushing slightly, but then frowned again when looking back at Ruby.

“Anyway, despite all of that foolishness and stupidity, it must have taken Ruby here some major courage to come and tell me this, let alone come in here.”

Pound wasn’t about to start taking Ruby for granted anytime soon, but he decided that it must be okay since Minty was here. He stepped to the side and pointed in the direction of his sister.

“S-she’s… over there.”

-----

Acer was still in the other part of the room with Pumpkin trying to have a normal relaxing conversation with her. But soon they heard some hoof steps starting to approach them.

“Hey, Pumpkin; ‘sup Acer!”

“Huh, Minty! It’s… it’s you!” said Pumpkin in slight shock.

“Of course it’s me, girl! I came here as fast as I could after I heard what happened… thanks to her.”

Minty stepped out of the way and allowed Ruby to be in Pumpkin’s and Acer’s sights; of course, they weren’t very thrilled to see her. Acer just glared at her and turned away from her not saying a word; and Pumpkin… she was strongly scowling at her and her horn faintly glowed while a low rough growl could be heard from the depths of her throat.

“What is she doing here?”

Ruby took a couple of steps back upon seeing Pumpkin’s dark glare and she even whimpered a little.

“Well, Ruby,” said Minty, “you’re here; now try and say something.”

Ruby slowly got closer to the glaring filly and she began what she felt was going to be a long and very difficult apology.

“P-Pumpkin… I am so sorry for what I did. I let my jealousy get the best of me and I’m sorry for what I made… Acer do to you. You probably want to kill me right now and I don’t blame you; but believe me or not, I just want to apologize for everything I did.”

Pumpkin couldn’t stop glaring at Ruby; no matter what she said, all she knew was that Ruby did nothing but to try ruining her life and almost caused her to make one of the biggest mistakes in her life. Ruby suddenly jumped when she felt herself being lifted slightly off the ground by Pumpkin’s magic and brought right in front of the furious filly. She was shaking with nerves and sweat was constantly dripping down her coat as she was forced to look into Pumpkin’s angered eyes.

“Give me a good reason why I should trust you now instead of ramming my sharp horn through your heart?”

Everyone was on edge, even Acer who was hoping that Pumpkin wasn’t going to draw anymore blood today. Ruby stood her stance in the air and was trying not to be too afraid of the one who had her wrapped in their magic.

“Look, I understand how mad you are right now; Acer is the one who made you feel real special, like all your troubles were vanishing away thanks to him. But to me, thinking that somepony like you being with him was unacceptable. But it wasn’t just that; like I said I was jealous. But I was wrong; you deserve him more… no, way more than I do. I don’t even deserve him; after all, my stupid plan almost cost me and Acer our lives. Some good friend I am to him.”

Pumpkin continued to look at Ruby and realized that she was crying even though she wasn’t trying to show it. Maybe she was telling the truth and not trying to trick them again. But after the number of times Ruby harassed her, she didn’t fully trust her just yet.

Ruby fell to the ground as Pumpkin released the shaking filly from her magical hold, and then Pumpkin walked behind her and shoved her towards Acer who was still not looking at her, nor talking to her; but she still had to say something to him.

“Don’t you have anything to say to him?” said Pumpkin.

“Acer…” Ruby started, “I know that you’re so mad at me that you won’t even talk to me, but… I just want to let you know that I completely learned my lesson and that I am very sorry for doing this to you and Pumpkin.”

Ruby was down on her hooves practically begging Acer to say something back to her.

“I should’ve listened to you; not the green-eyed monster that was obviously taking me over. We’ve been friends ever since we were little foals and we both had our own needs and our own decisions. I guess all my recent decision did was ruin our friendship… but hopefully not forever. Please, Acer… just please… can you at least forgive me for what I’ve done if I admit that what I did do was dumb and totally stupid!? I’m down on my hooves here; just please forgive me and say that we can still be friends?!”

Acer just slowly turned around and faced Ruby while still wearing an unhappy expression on his face. He got up and walked over to her and took a big sigh and said…

“It’s fine, I forgive you. But I’m still not talking to you.”

Then he went past her and went back over to Pumpkin who was talking to Minty.

“Well, at least he forgave me,” Ruby thought to herself.

She then turned back to Pumpkin and got her attention, “How about you Pumpkin? Do you think you can forgive me too? I don’t expect you to become friends with me so suddenly… but can I at least ask for you forgiveness?”

Pumpkin still wasn’t thrilled at what she had to go through and the fact that she almost killed Acer, but… Pumpkin just went over to her again and forced herself to give Ruby a quick light hug; it was quick, but it was a hug… and it was painless.

“Do you truly think that she’s absolutely sorry, dear?” asked Mrs. Cake to her husband.

“One could only think, honey. At least our daughter didn’t try to kill her this time; I was a bit worried there.”

“So now what,” shouted Pinkie suddenly, “Pumpkin is okay again, Ruby came and apologized surprisingly, and Pumpkin and Acer forgave her… sorta; so what happens next?!”

Pound couldn’t stop thinking about that moment when he was trying to defend his sister from being taken and looked into the eyes of Ruby’s mother, Envy. He found that there was something off about her, and not just because of the fact that she didn’t seem to care for his sister.

“Could it be possible,” he thought to himself, “No, it has to be possible. Ruby’s hiding something, and I’m going to get it out of her.”

He suddenly zipped past his parents and into the padded room and landed right in front of Ruby who suddenly jumped out of shock and fell on her back. The others were wondering what Pound was up to now.

“What, what do you want now?!” Ruby shouted, “I told you I was sorry!”

“Look, Ruby,” said Pound, “I know you apologized and everything but… there’s something you’re not telling us.”

Ruby’s eyes suddenly went wide.

“This set-up, this whole plan, it was all done by you… but you didn’t plan it, did you?”

Everyone began being on edge again; what was Pound talking about.

“*Gasp* Pound knows something that we don’t know say what?!” shouted Pinkie.

“Br-brother,” said Pumpkin suddenly, “what are you doing?”

“I’m right, aren’t I?” Pound continued to say to Ruby, “Tell us the truth, Ruby; don’t you dare make another lie again!”

Ruby knew she was going to tell them anyway… she just didn’t want to deep inside.

“I was going to tell you guys anyway, but I hesitated at first, “said Ruby, “I did do all of this by myself, but I didn’t plan any of it; my… m-m-mother did.”

Everyone suddenly stood still and was staring at Ruby in shock; and Pound narrowed his eyes knowing that he was right.

“I knew it.”

“Of course, it makes perfect sense!” shouted Pinkie angrily, “It’s not too surprising!”

Suddenly, Acer couldn’t help but ask Ruby, “You mean… your mother planned all of this?”

“N-no, it’s not just today, but all those other times too.”

Acer couldn’t believe it; Envy was one of the nicest ponies that he has met in his life thus far. But now he finds out that she was the one behind everything that has happened to Pumpkin at school and this recent elaborate plan.

“So, your mother just forced you into harassing Pumpkin and getting her brought back here?!” shouted Minty, “Couldn’t you’ve said no!?”

“Actually, she gave me a choice every time; and I chose to do it.”

“Just what is up with this Envy Rose,” said Mrs. Cake, “She has some explaining to do.”

“So let me get this straight,” said Pound, “She gave you a choice and you chose to go along with it!? What the hay is wrong with you!? Why would you choose to do everything that your mother told you?!”

“Because… I’m very loyal to her. I have been ever since my father passed away 3 years ago. I’ve always been known to be a rather obedient little filly who always listened to my parents and were loyal with their decisions… like you Acer.”

Acer just scoffed and shook his head.

“I know it all sounds a bit foolish, but I always had trust in my parents; so when my dad passed away, all I had left was my mother. I always stayed close to her and always did what she asks of me; why? Because, I really care for her and I don’t want to lose her so soon like I did my Dad.”

“That is completely understandable,” said Dr. Diamond as he approached Ruby, “But… I’m afraid that it doesn’t excuse the fact that your mother nearly had you and Acer almost killed. Does your mother even care about you?”

“Of course she does! She always had this mother intuition and always know when I’m in trouble, which is why you and your group were involved in her latest plan… she knew deep down I wouldn’t be able to handle it, even if I agreed to it. I wasn’t quite sure if I wanted to do the plan in the first place; but I was so jealous at the time and I wanted to get Pumpkin away from Acer so bad that I decided to do it anyway. Oh, why didn’t I just say no?”

“Well… you should’ve realized that it was wrong to do it in the first place; but, even though some here still don’t totally trust you yet, I think every pony here is quite thankful that you finally decided to tell us the truth.”

Ruby looked around and saw everyone there looking at her simentaniously nodded their head in agree; some more enthusiastic than others.

“Unfortunately, now that you have told us the truth behind this event, “continued Dr. Diamond, “you do realize that your mother has been violating a Ponyville law, right; harassing a family matters?”

Ruby’s ears drooped down lower than they already were and she let out a sadden sigh, “Yes sir.”

“So… you understand what has to happen now… right?”

Ruby lowered her head trying to hide her tears that suddenly flowed from her eyes again, “Y-y-y-yes… sir.”

After all of that, Pumpkin was confirmed to be well again and was allowed to be released from the ward. Mr. and Mrs. Cake gave their daughter a huge hug; they were so glad that she was okay again. Plus, they gave Acer their blessing; thanking him for everything he’s done to keep their daughter calm.

Dr. Diamond walked Ruby out of the center with Minty by her side to help comfort her. Ruby was quite glad that Minty was there for her after breaking their friendship more than a year ago. Ruby felt a little more at peace now that she told the truth to the Cakes and Acer. However, she still partially regrets that she basically busted her mother and risked getting her in trouble… which she knew she was. But, it’s like her mother told her… doing the right thing was never easy.