• Published 27th Oct 2021
  • 2,191 Views, 50 Comments

The Journey of Lukas - MyAwesomePony



Maretime Bay seemed like the perfect place for Lukas to visit, or so he thought...

  • ...
21
 50
 2,191

Royal Rivalries

Up in the mountains, Lukas, Sunny and Izzy were tretching through a misty and vast canyon with stone cliffs on both sides. Their adventure was still going strong with no intentions of stopping any time soon.

"You know, not to freak you out or anything, but you do know Pegasi can steal your luminescence, right?" Izzy asked with caution.

"My lumi-what?" Sunny questioned, not familiar with that word.

"Luminescence. You know, like, your sparkle?" Izzy clarified. "Yours is... lavender."

"Huh?" Sunny said, still a bit puzzled over this.

"And the happier you are, the brighter it shines!" Izzy exclaimed as the two continued their hike, with Lukas close behind.

"Oh man, all of this hiking is making me hungry." He groaned, before reaching into his backpack, pulling out an apple. "It's a good thing Applejack packed me plenty of apples, these should last me the whole day."

But when Lukas took a bite of the apple, there was a loud rumbling sound from behind them, followed by the sound of falling rocks.

"Huh. I had no idea my chewing was that loud!" Lukas said.

Suddenly, a mysterious and shadowy figure raced over their heads. Startled, Sunny, Izzy and Lukas all looked up to see who the figure was, but it was gone.

"Um... I don't think that was you, Lukas." Sunny said nervously.

"Guys, I think we should run!" Lukas exclaimed before bolting away.

Sunny and Izzy followed suit and ran after Lukas, with the figure not too far behind. As the trio sped through the caynon. Lukas was able to get a good look at the figure who was on the ledge of the cliffs, and the silhouette resembled a Pegasus with its wings tucked in. Until they eventually reached a dead end where there was a big pile of rocks in the way, as if a landslide had occurred. Lukas looked back to see the assumed Pegasus jumping over from rock to rock, getting closer every time.

"Hurry!" Sunny cried.

Without any other options, the trio started to climb the cliff, with Sunny pushing Izzy and Lukas in the process.

"Ugh, I was never good at rock climbing." Lukas groaned, struggling to keep his grip.

Finally, they had arrived at the top of the cliff, there were even higher than the clouds. Izzy was the first to reach the top, followed by Lukas, however, Sunny's luck had ran thin as she suddenly lost her grip and began to fall.

"Sunny!" Lukas called out, before quickly grabbing her hooves just in time. "I've got you."

With all of his strength, Lukas tugged and tugged as hard as he could, sweat was dripping down and his face was slowly turning red, then with one final pull, Sunny was now safely on the ledge.

"Thanks, Lukas." Sunny said gratefully.

"Don't mention it." Lukas replied with a smile.

Suddenly, they all heard a whooshing sound as a Pegasus flew into view, assumingly the same Pegasus that chased them earlier. Sunny and Izzy were so startled, that they screamed while hugging each other.

The Pegasus eventually landed on a nearby rock and fluffed its wings put gracefully, this Pegasus was named Zipp Storm, she had white fur, a magenta coloured mane with a blueish, greenish streak through it. But most of all, she had a pair of white wings with purple, red and blueish greenish coloured feathers.

"A real Pegasus...!" Sunny said in awe.

"Why does her mane remind me of toothpaste?" Lukas asked himself.

"Whoa! A unicorn? An Earth pony? And a human? Together?!" Zipp gawked in amazement. "Okay, well, this day just got a whole lot more interesting."

"Wait a second." Lukas interrupted. "How do you know about me?"

"Word gets around." Zipp replied.

They all suddenly heard the sound of clanking metal as two Pegasi in armor were approaching, she then jumped over to the cliffside, as if she was avoiding them. Before she jumped off, she looked at the trio and said one sentence.

"Don't tell them you saw me!" And with that, Zipp was off.

"There's no way we cooooould! We don't even know your naaaaame!" Izzy called out to Zipp, but she was already gone. "She seems nice."

All of a sudden, a small yelp was heard from behind them. Turning over, they saw two royal guards, one of them was cowering behind the other one, their names were Zoom Zephyrwing and Thuder. They both wore golden armor, but Zoom Zephyrwing had blue fur, while Thunder had green fur.

"Thunder! Get it together!" Zoom said angrily.

"But... But that's an Earth pony, and a human!" Thunder retorted.

"They're harmless." Zoom clarified. "They have very tiny brains."

Sunny and Lukas didn't look pleased about that statement.

"What do we do about that?!" Thunder asked, gesturing over to Izzy.

"Well, did you bring the shield?" Zoom questioned.

"What shield?"

"Didn't you read the guard guide?"

"Yes! ...Okay, no."

"Ugh, fine!" Zoom groaned, before walking over to the group spreqding out her wings. "I've got this."

Turns out that their security measure was to place a tennis ball on top of Izzy's horn to prevent her from using any kind of magic, despite the fact that she doesn't have any to begin with. Right now, Sunny, Lukas and Izzy were escorted to the elevator that led up to the castle.

"That's creative." Izzy commented as she stared at the tennis ball on her horn.

"Where did you guys even get a tennis ball from?" Lukas asked.

No answer...

"Um.. hello?" Lukas said, waving his hand in front of their faces. "Oh, I get it, you guys are just ignoring me. Well, two can play that game."

"What's it like to fly?" Sunny asked Thunder. "Is your wingspan the same as your height?"

"Well, I..." Thunder began, before Sunny and Izzy threw even more questions at him.

"Do you need a license to fly? How far can you go?"

"Can you fly to the moon?"

"Do Pegasi wear horseshoes, or do they just weigh you down."

"Woah, guys. We don't want to overwhelm him." Lukas said cautiously.

"Well, I-I do collect sneakers." Thunder answered.

"Hey, hey, hey! Don't answer anything!" Zoom advised. "They could be spies."

"Oh, for crying out loud!" Lukas groaned.

But when him, Sunny and Izzy saw a full view of Zephyr Heights, they completely forgot about being fugitives. Zephyr Heights seemed to be a thriving city with plenty of advertisements spread around the place. This city kind of reminded Lukas about Las Pegasus.

"Woah." Lukas gasped. "Now this looks like the perfect place for me."

"Yeah, the perfect place for you to try everypony's brains." Zoom accused while pointing a sharp hoof at Lukas.

"You do know that I'm not a unicorn, right?" Lukas asked, as if stating the obvious.

"Well, maybe you have a hidden horn underneath all of that hair!" Zoom exclaimed.

"Okay, now you're just being ridiculous." Lukas said in a deadpanned voice.

But before Lukas could lecture the guards any more, there was a news report on one of the many screens, featuring two ponies, one stallion and one mare. The stallion was named Skye Silver, and the mare was named Dazzle Feather.

"Good morning, Zephyr Heights! It's another beautiful day in the big city." Skye announced. "Looks like warm breezes and clear skies for tonight's royal celebration!"

"Royal celebration?! Talk about great timing!" Izzy laughed.

"Tonight's royal bash for Queen Haven will be stunning, but the real jewel in the crown will be Princess Pipp's performance." Dazzle added, before turning over to Skye. "Isn't that right, Skye?"

"Oh, my, yes, Dazzle." Skye chuckled. "And this just in – an exclusive vid from Pipp for all you loyal fans out there in Z.H."

Just then, a small display of what looked like a live stream appeared on screen and standing in the middle, was Pipp Petals herself, she had light pink fur, a purple mane, white, fluffy wings, and a yellow coloured tiara with a green crystal.

"What is up, everypony? Big shout out to all my fans, the Pippsqueaks!" Pipp announced as two young fillies squealed in excitement.

"So." Pipp begam. "Tonight's the night. I can't wait to debut my new song later. It has a very special place in my heart, but not as much as you guys!"

The pegasi all let out an audible "Awwww."

"We love you so much, Pipp!" A Pegasus fan exclaimed aloud.

"Okay, guys, I love you lots. Gotta go. Pipp-Pipp-hooray!" Pipp said while fluttering her wings.

"Pipp-Pipp-hooray!" The pegasi, Izzy, Zoom and Thunder repeated.

Finally, the elevator had reached the top as the doors slid open.

"Move it!" Zoom instructed.

"You betcha." Izzy obeyed.

As they stepped out of the elevator and onto a golden bridge, Sunny couldn't help to notice something rather unsusal about their surroundings.

"Do you see anypony flying here?" She asked.

"Huh, now that you mention it. That does seem a bit odd." Lukas agreed, but Izzy didn't seem to realise.

"They have a castle!" She squealed.

Even though they weren't here for sightseeing, they secretly had to admit that the castle did look really flashy. As they went inside the throne room, a line of royal guards marched on each side of a path that lead to three thrones before making a stop next to the entrance.

"Wow, nice spread." Lukas gawked.

"Bow before our queen!" Thunder declared.

As he said that, a trumpet fanfare sounded around the throne room, before all the guards bowed down before... A small, white, fluffy Pomeranian with wings name Cloudpuff as he walked regally over to the front of the room. Sunny and Lukas seemed a bit confused about this, but Izzy played along with it, bowing down as well.

"Your Majesty!" She said in a overdramatic voice.

Suddenly, Cloudpuff perked his snout up in the air, as if he smelt something nearby. Then he stared barking and jumping around, before running over to Lukas and snatching his backpack.

"Hey! Give that back!" Lukas demanded

But instead of completly ripping the bag to shreds. Cloudpuff pulled out a tray of cupcakes from it, the same cupcakes that Pinkie Pie packed for Lukas.

"Oh, I forgot I had those in there." Lukas said.

Then, a faint light shone from the ceiling as Cloudpuff raced back to the front of the throne room, right when three pegasi swooped in. Two of them was Pipp and Zipp, and the other one was the queen and motherly figure of the two pegasi, Queen Haven. In appearance, she had light purple fur and was also the same colour as her mane, she also wore a dark purple cloak and a tiara with blue Pegasus wings made out of crystals.

"Well, that's one way to make an entrance." Lukas whispered.

"Hi, new friend!" Izzy said to Zipp.

But instead of a friendly greeting, Zipp shook her head, signalling her to be quiet. Izzy seemed to have taken the hint as she pretended to zip her mouth shut.

"Guards, state your business, and please make it quick." Queen Haven said in a posh voice. "We're on a very tight schedule today. Before the celebration, Cloudpuff needs his pedicure, Pipp needs to rehearse, and I need to practice my laugh." She then let out a forced laugh. "Hmmm. Still not right."

"Your Highness, we found these intruders in our territory." Zoom announced, gesturing over to Lukas, Sunny and Izzy.

Queen Haven then took off her glasses and when they saw the trio, she let out a deep gasp in astonishment.

"An Earth pony... a unicorn... and a human... in Zephyr Heights?!" She stammered, unable to believe what she was seeing.

"We have them under control, your Highness." Zoom assuree her.

"Oh, oh, a-and we deployed the shield!" Thunder said, referring to the tennis ball still perched on Izzy's horn.

"That is completely pointless!" Lukas exclaimed.

"Hey, you stay out of this!" Zoom scolded.

"Is this an attack?! On the night of our royal celebration?!" Queen Haven asked as he paced around. "Why are you here?! Who sent you?! Nopony must know they're here!"

Despite Queen Haven's words, Pipp still couldn't resist showing her live stream.

"Check it out, Pippsqueaks! Live from the castle... it's a real unicorn, Earth pony and human!"

She then turned her phone around so that the live stream could get a good look and they all gasped loudly.

"I know, right? This is so not a filter."

"Pipp! There's nothing to fear." Queen Haven assured her as she took the phone from Pipp."Those nasty little ponies and human have been captured. Your queen will protect you."

The pegasi then all let out a sigh of relief, now knowing that they had nothing to worry about.

"Shut it off!" She instructed, tossing the phone back to Pipp.

"Look, your majesty." Lukas began. "We don't want to cause any trouble here, we just need to..."

"Guards!" Queen Haven cried, interrupting Lukas in the middle of his sentence. "Please escort these ponies and human to the dungeon until I can question them properly! And confiscate the book!"

As instructed, Zoom Zephyrwing snatched the journal from Sunny and began reading it.

"What? N-No, no! But-but, your Majesty, I just wanted to ask you a few questions, please!"

But the royal family didn't seem to care as they began to make their exit through the roof while Sunny, Lukas and Izzy were escorted out of the throne room.

"Did she just say "dungeons"?" Izzy asked worridley.

"What else could go wrong today?" Sunny sighed to herself.

Yeah... about that..