• Published 27th Oct 2021
  • 2,190 Views, 50 Comments

The Journey of Lukas - MyAwesomePony



Maretime Bay seemed like the perfect place for Lukas to visit, or so he thought...

  • ...
21
 50
 2,190

Unicorn Attack!

The inside of the Canterlogic factory was a true sight to behold, with ponies trotting in every direction, preparing themselves for the upcoming presentation. Everyone seemed to be in a good mood about the event, everyone, except for Sprout, who was still feeling a bit sour. He was so upset, that he didn't notice the young filly earth pony who ran in front of him.

"Hey, watch it!" He cried out to the filly, but he seemed too excited to notice.

As Lukas had predicted earlier, the ponies in there were a little bit shocked to see him, but it was nothing new to him. Lukas walked past a pony named Toots, who seemed to be in the mood for answering questions.

"Welcome, everypony. Got any questions about the Canterlogic factory?" He asked gladly. "Happy to answer them."

"Oh, yeah. Where are the free smoothies?" A pony called out.

"Uh, I can't answer that." Said Toots honestly.

Lukas laughed a little bit at that, then continued to stare in awe and amazement as all of the technology and machinery went to work around the factory, he just couldn't wait to tell the mane six when he got back to Ponyville. Suddenly, he heard a whisper.

"Lukas, over here." It squeaked quietly, so only Lukas could hear. The whisper had come from behind the stage curtains, so Lukas snuck behind it to see that the voice had come from none other than...

"Sunny, what are you doing back here?" Lukas asked, whispering as well.

"Listen, I know this might sound a bit crazy, but I think I've actually got a plan to get the message through their heads." Sunny explained.

"What message exactly?" Lukas wondered.

"Why don't you come with me on stage and find out." Sunny suggested.

Lukas wasn't sure about this idea. "Actually, Sunny, I think I'll stay in the crowd. I don't want to make a fool of myself onstage in front of everybody."

"Eh, suit yourself." Sunny said, not bothered to change the human's option as she was too focused on her idea.

And with that, Lukas came out from behind the curtains and continued with his little detour of the factory, while still having a split issue of Sunny's bright idea. He ended up meeting Hitch and Sprout nearby.

"You know what, Sprout?" Hitch sighed. "I think I finally got through to Sunny."

"Oh, I wouldn't be so sure about that, Hitch." Lukas said with a smile.

"What do you mean, Lukas?" Hitch asked with a slight bit of worry in his voice.

"Oh, just wait and see." Lukas replied, crossing his arms.

Before Hitch had a chance to react, all of the lights turned off and all eyes were focused on the stage. As the ponies gathered around for the presentation, an announcer pony began to make his appearance known. "It's the moment you've all been waiting for. As the founder of Canterlogic, she's been keeping us safe and stylish for the last twenty moons. Please go wild for the one and only... Phyllis Cloverleaf!"

As the announcer said the last two words, a spotlight shone on Phyllis Cloverleaf, the earth pony in charge of Canterlogic as she galloped onstage. She had pink fur, a blonde, fluffy mane and tail, pink glasses, a white pearl necklace around her neck and she also wore a lanyard.

"Thank you! Thank you! Oh, hey, how are ya? Thank you so much." She said gratefully, before she began her presentation. "We here at Canterlogic are so thrilled to create perfect products that protect ponies like you."

"Oh, that's nice." Lukas thought, no knowing the whole story.

"From ponies like that." Phyllis continued, pointing a hoof towards two posters, though it was all that was needed for Lukas to put all of the puzzle pieces together in his mind. One of the posters showed three silhouettes of unicorns with their sharp horns looming over a pony down below, with the unicorns looking ready to attack at any moment. The other poster displayed only one silhouette, this time of a Pegasus, getting ready to swoop down and snatch up the poor, little pony down below. While the crowd booed, Lukas was a bit confused over why everyone were so scared of unicorns and Pegasi. But before Lukas could protest, Phyllis continued her speech.

"And, like I always say, "To be scared is..."

"...to be prepared!" The crowd finished.

"Oh, I love it! That's right!" Phyllis cheered as Lukas still looked unsure at what was about to come. "So, let's start the show!"

The spotlight then shone over to a white fur colored earth pony named Sugar Moonlight, wearing what looked like a metal hat with a red antenna on the top. Despite the weird attire, the ponies in the crowd seemed to take it really serious and were taking pictures of it.

"Up first, we have Sugar Moonlight looking absolutely stunning in our high-tech Anti-Mind-Reading Hat." Phyllis announced as Sugar Moonlight walked down the runway path. "All those psychic unicorns out there are gonna be out of luck when you wear this little number."

"Psychic?!" Lukas asked himself, wondering why she would refer to the unicorns like that. "Okay, that's it!"

Lukas pushed himself through the crowd to the front and then proceeded to climb on the stage and march right up to Phyllis Cloverleaf, who looked confused about his sudden interruption.

"Ma'am, what is your problem?!" He exclaimed. "I don't know what the unicorns and the Pegasi did to you for you to see them this way, but I'm not having it anymore." The crowd gasped at the human's tone.

"Why, I never." Phyllis said in astonishment. "Well, if you don't like it here, then you're more than welcome to leave." She then gestured her hoof over to the exit.

"Fine, I will." Lukas replied, jumping off the stage and making his way out.

"Anyways." Phyllis cleared her throat. "Let's welcome Sparkle Chaser in his Pega-Periscope Goggles."

Lukas, now in a bad mood, had just left the Canterlogic factory. But suddenly, he heard the sound of screaming coming from the sky, looking up, he saw an earth pony being floated away by a bunch of balloons.

"Yep, I made the right call." Lukas walked away, feeling more confident about his choice, but still a bit angry. "Ugh, I just don't understand why everyone is so afraid of unicorns and Pegasi, and judging by the descriptions they gave them, I'm beginning to think that there are just painting them in a bad light." Lukas then let out one big sigh. "I need to clear my mind out of this."


Later that day, Lukas was sitting on a bench that was right next to the ocean, eating one of the apples that Applejack had packed for him before he left for Maretime Bay.

"Man, these apples really are the best, Applejack doesn't mess around when it comes to them." Lukas said to himself, before he began to hear voices from behind him. He looked over and saw Hitch walking with Sunny.

"Do you have any idea how many bylaws you broke in there?!" Hitch asked in a severe tone.

"I'm sure you're about to tell me." Sunny assumed.

"Actually, for once I can't! Because there's so many!" Hitch exclaimed.

"Oh, hey guys." Lukas greeted. "What happened in there?"

"Well, Lukas, let's just say that I'm sure I'm not going to convince them any time soon." Sunny replied.

"I tried to warn you." Hitch said as he let out a frustrated sigh. "I can't keep associating with some pony who breaks every rule and causes chaos wherever she goes. I'm the sheriff!"

"Exactly!" Sunny proclaimed. "Other ponies look up to you! You can help!"

"The law is the law, Sunny, and I'm here to uphold it and keep everypony safe." Hitch retorted.

"Aha! You just said "everypony". That includes Pegasi and unicorns." Sunny pointed out, but Hitch wasn't having it.

"Come on, Sunny, what did you think was gonna happen?" He asked his friend. "You give a little speech and what? Everypony just magically welcomes unicorns and Pegasi into Maretime Bay? You keep saying there's nothing to be afraid of. Well, then, prove it." Hitch then let out another sigh and changed his tone to a more sympathetic tone. "All of that pony unity stuff was just a foal's bedtime story made up by your dad. Like it or not, this is the way it is and always will be, and aside from Lukas, I'm the last real friend you got in this town. You really want to lose me, too?"

"Woah Hitch!" Lukas exclaimed. "you didn't have to go there. Look, I might of not been there, but I'm sure that Sunny never meant any of what she did." Hitch didn't respond, instead, he just walked away, leaving a now distraught Sunny behind as she let out a sad sigh.

"Don't worry, Sunny. I'm sure you'll convince them eventually." Lukas assured her, but she was to sad to reply. "Sunny?" He asked in concern.

Lukas then saw that Sunny was looking at two fillies that were running past, laughing and giggling amongst themselves, but then they both saw another one of those manipulative posters on a nearby wall. One of the fillies roared at the other one as they both ran away.

"Well, that doesn't seem very reassuring." Sunny said in a deflated voice as she walked over to the bench and sat on it and stared off into the ocean. "I wish you were here, Dad."

Lukas didn't know how to react when he had heard that, should he just leave her to be alone? or should he go and talk to her? Lukas took a good look at Sunny as her head hung low in distraught, he even saw a small tear roll down her cheek. At that point, he thought that the answer was obvious at this point. Lukas slowly made his way over to her and sat next to the pony he had just met a couple of hours ago.

"Oh Sunny." Lukas squeaked as he put a comforting hand on Sunny's shoulder. "I don't know what it's like to lose a parent, but it must've been devastating for you. But like Hitch said, I'm you're friend as well, and I will never leave you side, no matter what happens."

"Thanks, Lukas. That really means a lot." Sunny said, feeling a bit better.

"No problem, Sunny." Lukas replied, wiping a few tears from her eyes.

However, their peace and quiet was quickly interrupted, when they began to hear the sound of screaming and panting.

"What the...?" Sunny asked in confusion.

Both her and Lukas looked over and saw everypony running away from somthing in the distance, but it was so far away, that neither Sunny nor Lukas could make out what it was.

"What's going on? What's happening?" Sunny asked frantically.

Lukas was too busy looking around the panicking ponies running amuck in the town, that one of the ponies bumped into him, the impact causing him to land on the ground with a hard thud.

"Lukas, are you okay?" Sunny wondered.

"Yeah, I'm alright." Lukas replied, before looking over to see what everypony was running away from. "Um.. Sunny, you might want to take a look at this."

Sunny looked over and let out a deep gasp when she saw what was in front of her...

"Hi, new friends! My name's Izzy!"

A unicorn named Izzy Moonbow was standing right there, this unicorn had purple colored fur, with long dark blue hair, and the biggest grin on her face. As Lukas got back on his feet, Sunny was starring at Izzy in pure disbelief.

"U... U... Unicorn!" Sunny exclaimed at a loss for words.

Almost instantly, everyone started screaming and running away from the unicorn, one pony was so scared, that he jumped into the sewer drain. Izzy was oblivious to what was happening and thought that this was just a game.

"Ooh, is everypony playing hide-and-seek?" Izzy asked optimistically.

"I don't think that's the case, Izzy." Lukas said, but Izzy was too distracted to listen.

"I see you." She said, pointing her head towards a pony who was taking cover behind the ice cream trailer.

"It's a unicorn!" He screamed as he jumped over the fence and into the ocean.

Everypony had attracted so much noise, that Hitch, along with Sprout, came out to see what all of the commotion was about. "Hey, what's going on?" He asked, before looking at Izzy and he gasped loudly.

"Unicorn attaaaaaaaack!" He cried out, Sprout was so terrified, that he ran right into the door. However, Hitch was more prepared as he sounded the alarm.

"This is not a drill! I repeat – this is not! A! Drill!" Hitch exclaimed as he ran away, but among the crowd, he saw a helpless young filly. "A vulnerable young pony!" He gasped, jumping over and catching the filly in his hooves. "Gotcha!" He then gave the filly to a mare who he thought was his mother. "Your son is safe now, ma'am." Hitch said as he galloped away.

The mare looked at the filly in confusion. "This isn't my kid!" She called out.

"You're welcome!" Hitch called back. "Man the Splat-a-pult! Activate the unicorn trap! Pick up that litter!" He pointed towards the paper ball on the ground as a pony quickly picked it up.

On cue, a bunch of unicorn traps emerged from the ground, they all were grey, metal squares with red crosses on them. Sunny and Lukas both looked over at Izzy, who was making her way towards the ocean view, but little did she know, she was about to step in a unicorn trap, but she was so distracted, she didn't notice.

"Wow! Is that the sea? I've never seen the sea!" Izzy chippered.

"Izzy, look out!" Lukas gasped, pushing Izzy out of the way just in time.

"I've gotta get you out of here!" Sunny exclaimed.

"Don't worry, Sunny. I'm right behind you!" Lukas cried out as he ran after the two ponies.