• Published 22nd Oct 2021
  • 662 Views, 7 Comments

Legacy of the Howlite Howler - JNKing



Shiva's legacy lives on into the next generation.

  • ...
2
 7
 662

Chapter 7: The Magic

As Hitch parted ways from Sunny, he spotted the unicorns and pegasi waiting with bated breath on the edge of town.

“What’s happening?” Queen Haven asked.

“Where’s the dog?” Alphabittle added.

“I don’t have much time to explain, but you’re all in danger,” Hitch insisted. “We need to get you out of here now.”

Alphabittle stamped his hoof. “But your earth mare friend and the dog took my crystals.”

“Excuse me, ‘our’ crystals,” Queen Haven growled, before reluctantly adding. “But I agree with the unicorn. We’re not leaving without those.”

Hitch flinched as the sound of a horn blared. Everyone spun as Sprout’s machine appeared out of the city. Logan was at the front of it, pushing back with all his might.

But while he may have had an unbreakable will, the ground was not as stubborn, and gave way under his paws, allowing Sprout to push the wolf to the edge of the city. At first, Sprout watched with glee as Logan struggled against his machine. However, his eyes darted up, spotting the other ponies.

“Well, would you look at this,” he noted coldly. “Our enemies delivered themselves to us.”

Queen Haven gasped, putting herself between her daughters and the machine. “Oh-no-no-no, we’re not here to fight, Mr. Big Robot Pony.”

But her pleas fell on deaf ears. “I do not accept your surrender,” Sprout shot back, turning to the earth ponies who had accompanied him. “Load the Splat-a-pults.”

However, the ponies glanced at each other in doubt. In their moment of hesitation, Logan began to push the machine back.

Sprout snarled. “Why do I have to do everything myself?” he raced over to the splat-a-pults and pulled the lever.

“No!” Logan barked, but Sprout was quick to gun the engine, forcing Logan back to holding the machine in place.

“Logan!” Hitch yelled. “We gotta help him!”

Zipp was the first into battle. “I’ve got your back, buddy!”

Launching onto the machine, Zipp began to fight against the weapons, while Hitch joined Logan in keeping the machine in place.

Logan glanced back at the others. “Where’s Sunny with those crystals?” he demanded.

Izzy and Pipp shared a startled look. “Let’s help her!” Izzy said. The girls raced to the lighthouse where Sunny had fled.

Meanwhile, Alphabittle and Queen Haven at first stood by. Yet, as they watched Logan, Zipp and Hitch fight, Alphabittle noticed the splat-a-pults going erratic. Several critters jumped away to avoid getting hit. And despite his sour outlook, Alphabittle’s eyes narrowed at the prospect of animals getting hurt.

Letting out a bellow like a boar, Alphabittle rushed the machine as well, helping Zipp, Hitch and Logan hold it back. And as the four worked together, back in the light house, Sunny, Izzy and Pipp found the earth pony crystal, and slammed it together with the unicorn and pegasus crystals.

At first, nothing seemed to happen. Sunny, Pipp and Izzy desperately kept the crystals together, hoping for some sort of miracle. But as hope rapidly faded from their eyes, they glanced out towards the window, only to notice…

“Is Logan… glowing?” Sunny asked.

Izzy peered at him. “I can’t tell if that’s not normal, or just his sparkle,” she admitted.

But it wasn’t just his sparkle. Logan himself paused as he noticed his fur beginning to light up. At the same time, Queen Haven yelped as a glowing gold wolf appeared next to her; the same one that had led Logan and the others to the ruins of Ponyville. As she walked past Queen Haven, the golden wolf was joined by others: a glowing white unicorn, a golden earth pony, and a bright blue pegasus. As one, they sped down the hill towards the others.

Sprout cursed, fumbling with his weapons.

“Sprout!” Hitch called. “End this! Now!”

“And let them have magic?” Sprout demanded. “NEVER!”

Logan, however, laughed as the glowing projections got closer. “You already failed, colt,” Logan said.

“WHAT?!” Sprout demanded, his eyes shining with fear as the projections got closer.

“I understand it,” Sunny realized, watching from the side as the projections turned into four beams of energy, twining towards Alphabittle, Logan, Zipp and Hitch. “It wasn’t the crystals that needed to be brought together. It was us!”

The projections slammed into the group of heroes, lighting their fur up like stars. One of Sprouts weapons knocked Zipp off, but her wings lit up with light, and she caught the air, flying without wires. Hitch stumbled off the machine, but a beam of energy hit him as well. His eyes lightning up with determination, he joined Logan with a double kick, denting Sprout’s machine.

“What?!” Sprout stammered. “N-NO!”

But then Alphabittle’s beam hit. His horn erupted with light, and a blast of magic drilled a hole into Sprout’s machine.

“Holy…” Alphabittle stammered, his horn sputtering out as he was unused to the sudden surge.

“Don’t give up!” Logan encouraged. “This is how we bring the magic back. When you choose to work together… nothing is impossible.”

Emboldened by Logan’s words, Hitch, Zipp and Alphabittle struck as one; Alphabittle blasting another beam, and Hitch and Zipp delivering a double kick.

Sprout’s machine shattered into a million pieces, and Sprout himself was sent screaming through the air before tumbling to a stop in front of his mob. As Sprout tried to rise, Logan stepped up and glared him down.

For a moment, everyone tensed, wondering what Logan was going to do. But instead of attacking, Logan offered a paw.

“You can choose hate and fear all you want,” Logan said, taking Sprout’s hoof and pulling him up. “But where did that get you?” He indicated the wrecked machine, before pointing at the glowing Hitch, Zipp and Alphabittle. “These guys chose to work together. And look where it got them?”

With the threat passed, Logan, Hitch, Zipp and Alphabittle got the chance to actually take in what had happened.

“Zipp…” Hitch stammered. “You’re flying!”

Zipp laughed in delight. “I am… I’m actually flying!” She did a flip in the air. “WHOO-HOO!”

Alphabittle gazed up at his horn. “I could do m… I could do…”

“Just say it man, magic!” Logan replied.

“Bing!” Alphabittle yelped, eliciting a laugh from the others.

“Dude, it’s okay,” Logan laughed, looking to Hitch before spotting Sunny. “SUNNY, IT WORKED!”

Indeed, as everyone gathered, they saw an aurea borealis circling in the air. And though they wouldn’t find out until much later, the magic was spreading back across Equestria, returning magic to the unicorns and flight to the pegasi.

And as the sun rose on a restored world, Logan saw a familiar white wolf smiling down at him,. Unfortunately, when he looked at his own paws, the pack link did not shine. He hummed in thought, before he was distracted by Sunny’s hug.

“You did it, guys,” Sunny exclaimed.

“No,” Logan said, as the rest of the Mane Five gathered. “We did it. And even then, our work isn’t done.” He curled his claws. “We have plenty of other species to spread the magic back to.”

“So… more adventures?” Izzy asked eagerly. “Means we don’t have to be apart?”

Logan glanced at the others, who shook their heads.

“We’ll never be apart,” Sunny promised, holding out her hoof. “Hooves to heart?”

Logan smirked and offered his paw. “I think you mean hooves and paw to heart.”

“Works for me,” Hitch replied.

And together, the mares, stallion and wolf put their arms in. “Hooves and paw to heart!”

Author's Note:

And for now, that's the end of this adventure.

Thank you all for keeping up with this version of Logan. I'm not sure if I'm going to be able to make a sequel in the near future; I'd like to wait and see what else Gen 5 has to offer us before I make any plans.

Still, I hope you enjoyed, and thank you again for your support. :pinkiehappy:

Comments ( 1 )

nice, cant wait for more

Login or register to comment