• Published 24th Oct 2021
  • 1,460 Views, 18 Comments

The Wolf of Equestria - MrAquino

  • ...
16
 18
 1,460

The change

Am I dead? That's the question that only rang in my head. Well… ok, more than that. My head was throbbing. Something definitely hit it, so I guess I'm alive. But next to a headache, and my vision being blurry, everything about me just felt… off. But I heard the sounds of other people around, and what sounded like a train… maybe someone switched to some train ASMR? And my nose… I smelled… muffins? Did someone bake muffins?

"Are you ok, sir!?" The voice of a woman asked. She sounded a bit louder than I expected … probably the person who drove that forklift.

"I'm… I'm ok…" I replied, rubbing my eyes with my right hand. My fingers felt off as well; not only did they feel hairier, but my fingernails were sharper. In fact, my face felt different, not just hairy, but was it a different shape? "Ma'am… was I in a coma? I feel so…" my vision began to take shape, but I stopped and stared at what I'm witnessing. From being a blob to form, sitting in front of me was a pony! But not any pony; Derpy from My Little Pony: Friendship is magic! I recognize the grey coat, her blonde mane & tail, and those eyes… the large, wonky eyes. But not just that, instead of being in the back of my Walmart, I was in a train car, with what appeared to be the desert passing through. I was sitting down on a seat instead of laying on the floor. The Pegasus before me looked very concerned.

"I'm sorry! I didn't mean to hit you on the head like that." She picked up a travel bag. "Here's your luggage, Mr… um…" I stared at her.

"... This has to be a dream." I blurted. "I'm gonna pinch myself, and I'll be back home." I did just that, using my right hand to pinch my left arm. The sting was there, but so was the feeling of my left arm being much hairier than usual. What the hell was going on!?

"Oh no, I hit you that hard, didn't I?" Derpy simply said, looking very ashamed of herself. "I-I'll leave you be, Mr. Wolf."

"Wolf!?" She left, leaving me alone. Various other ponies watched her leave the train car, a mix of glaring daggers at her but also sympathy for me. I stood up, the uneasiness feeling taking over.

Looking down, I was wearing brown loafers, and my usual shorts were now grey pants with a darker vertical line pattern. Of course, I hate to admit it, but I'm usually large, with a belly, but now, I was really skinny, and wearing a white dress shirt under a blue polo shirt with black suspenders holding my pants up. The fact I was wearing different clothes, and having lost weight, is enough of a scare, but seeing my arms different practically made me jump! My arms were usually hairy, but now they were covered in bluish-grey fur! And my hands… they ended with claws, not my usual fingertips. Touching my head made me realize that my ears were now on top of my head, and it was much softer than before. Looking back, a large and fluffy tail hung over my rear, sticking through a pre-made hole through my pants.

I began to panic as I looked out the window and practically screamed at the sight of my own reflection! I was no longer a human, but a wolf! Not just any wolf, but… Legosi from Beastars? My face now ended with a muzzle, and I had cream fur over my face that led down to my neck and, assumingly, to all the way down my chest. I opened my mouth, and practically all of my teeth ended with sharp looking canines. I couldn't help but verify it all as I touched my face and teeth, indeed feeling the fur and sharp canines.

"Is he alright?" I heard a foal whisper, my right ear twitching.

"Who asked that!?" I asked, turning around. A foal in the far end cowered, hiding from me. But then my nose started twitching as I smelt something. Something… was burning. Something was on fire. Oh shit! "FIRE!!! FIRE!!!" I screamed, running to the source, opening a door! "GET OUT! THERE'S-" I opened the door and entered the front of the train's coal room. A stallion with a shovel just stared at me, looking confused. "A… loose coal." I picked up a piece of coal near my foot and tossed it in his pile. With a nervous smile, I backed away and left the room. But in the car I was in, I heard whispers from everyone.

"That pony really did hit him hard, didn't she?"
"Has he never been on a train before?"
"Is he going to act like this at his stop?"

I blushed from my public embarrassment, ears going low, head lowered, and tail between my legs as I headed back to my seat. It just occurred that as a wolf, I now have both sensitive hearing and smelling… guess that's what the muffin smell was when I woke up. Taking my seat, I took a deep breath, needing to calm down. Perhaps I can text one of my parents and-... oh wait… no phones. Crap. Wait! Check Legosi's luggage! I opened the travel bag Derpy handed me earlier. Inside was extra clothing, pretty much expected, but inside, stacked on the clothes, was two pieces of paper. I grabbed the first one and quietly read to myself.

"Dear Mr. Legosi,

We are proud to have you, on behalf of Capper Dapperpaws, to join us for Twilight Sparkle's New School of Friendship here in Ponyville! We ask you to bring what you'll need as you'll be living with us in one of our many dorms on campus. We've sent you a schedule for the classes you'll be attending daily, but also the clubs we hope you'll join and enjoy. We hope you enjoy your stay, you learn something, and, most importantly, make new friends and memories here.

Sincerely,

The Council of Friendship."

I picked up the other piece of paper. Yep, it was a schedule. Breakfast from 7 to 8, Math from 8:15 to 9:15, History from 9:30 to 10:30, a lunch break at 10:30 to 11:30, a cooking class from 11:45 to 12:45, and then English at 1 to 2. But below were some clubs, notably circled, probably by Legosi, was the drama club and study club. Well… if it's going to be like high school all over again, I better keep the schedule and look over it until I get the locations down in about a week. But… I still don't get what happened; did I die at Walmart and now I'm Legosi? Did Legosi die and I took over? And is this actually Beastars Legosi, or, since this is Equestria, what are some of the differences? Wish I had read the Manga or watched the anime… or had a phone to get in touch with my friends. But, I guess I'm alone now. Maybe I can find a way home? After all, anything is possible in Equestria, so I can find a way home.