• Published 27th Oct 2021
  • 617 Views, 148 Comments

Ponyfinder: The Lost Flowers - David Silver



The horror, the horror... They were on the search for new and amazing flowers and they found them! Why isn't this good news? They arrive in a strange city filled with colorful creatures they do not understand and no way home.

  • ...
6
 148
 617

29 - Homeward Bound

Twilight tapped at her chin. "My spell will work on eight creatures." She casually counted with a bob of her hoof on each. Soft, Spike, Rose, Daisy, Lily, herself of course. "Six, no problem there." She smiled at Fast Shadow. "Unless you want to come?"

Lily threw a leg over her companion. "You forgot to count him. He's coming! So seven."

Fast shook her head. "My job ends when you're on your way. I'm just here to watch and see. Seems rude to trot off before that happens."

Daisy burst into a sudden fit of giggles. "That's so nice! We barely met, but it was nice doing so."

Spike fired a thumbs up, to be joined by Soft's hand bumping into his with the same digit extended. "Thanks. It would have been a lot harder without you coming to the rescue like that.

Fast nodded at the cross-racial couple, one of which was cross-racial herself. "A pleasure to assist." She crooned with a growing smile. "It does my namesake proud. A champion of Everglow should try to be present and helpful where their talents are needed. First time I got a chance to do that." At least in that lifetime. "So thank you in kind."

Rose held her clump of metal closer. "I'm sorry, Daisy. It's not fair you're the only one not going with a souvenir of some kind when the rest of us have something."

Lily squinted at the idea. "He is not a keepsake."

Daisy reached over to pat the beaver gently. "A proud and mighty keepsake, hm? I'm fine. I can start fires wherever it's needed. Be like the flame, worry not for what you leave behind. That's just ash behind you."

Spike rubbed at his chin. "Huh... Deep, and a little disturbing."

Twilight reached out her wings wide. "We need to form a circle. Grab the creature next to you and I'll send us on our way." Spike grabbed her left wing with his right arm, his left hand already gently enmeshed with Soft's hand. She in turn put her hand on Rose's back. Rose casually chomped Daisy's tail, getting a squeak from her. Daisy considered Lily, but Lily flipped her tail across Daisy's snout in invitation, and a new chomp occurred. Lily was already holding Bold, and Twilight's other wing settled on him, closing the circle.

With a sparkle of magic and a sphere that expanded over them, Twilight turned the metaphysical knob, and they faded from being with a glittering of Equestria magic left behind.

"Are..." Calm Stop came to a slow stop in what had been a gallop. "They are gone."

Fast turned to the panting druid. "Just left, sorry... Did you want to talk to them?"

Calm snorted, his wings buzzing behind him. "I wanted... to curse her..."

"That's hardly a way to say goodbye." Fast considered the druid. He didn't look nearly as angry as his words implied. "She do something?"

"She ruined a work of mine... I will treasure it." He sank to his haunches with a soft chuckle. "My favorite attack."

"Want to get something to drink?" Fast inclined her head towards the rest of the city. "I could use someone to talk to, and it sounds like you could too."

He was quiet a moment, still before he began to move past her. "You speak wisdom. Come, we will feel the strength of each other's stance, and be stronger for it." He turned an ear. "I don't drink fermented spirits. I prefer my mind clear."

"Suit yourself. Doesn't mean we can't chat."

The two walked off to share stories of the Equestrians that had blown through their lives and left their marks, like a hoofprint on a vase.


With a crackling pop, they appeared in a grassy field. "Unfortunately..." Twilight drew her wings back tight. "That spell isn't entirely accurate. It tried to take you back where you started... plus or minus a minor distance, at least when considering the universes we just travelled. All considered, still very accurate."

"There." Spike pointed to Twilight's castle in the distance. It was quite a ways off, but its tall structure put it in sight despite that. "Welcome back to Equestria!"

Rose clopped her Everglow hooves. "Woo, welcome back! Now, uh, how long until we look normal again?"

Lily was speaking gently to Bold, "This is our new home, almost. We have to walk a bit. But this isn't a bad place, I promise." She gently nuzzled, and got it returned eagerly. Despite their different worlds, both knew the language of the fond rubbing of snouts together to show their warm bond. "Let's get back to the town, which is... that way apprently."

Twilight considered the altered flower mares. "Spike turned back in a few months, but his was a very dramatic shift. Less dramatic ones, like yours, should only take a matter of weeks, possibly less." She clopped her hooves in one smart clap. "Actually, you are spellcasters, are you not?"

All three raised a hoof, though Daisy was the one to speak, "Yep! We're druids, natural spellcasters." She curled her hoof on herself, then each of her sisters as she explained. "I am a fire druid. I create needed fires and put out damaging fires. Rose is a stone druid, protecting the ground beneath us. Lily is an animal druid, see her animal, but she cares about all animals. Think Fluttershy, with magic to back up her words."

Twilight perked an ear. "Can you talk to animals?"

Lily shook her head quickly. "Me and Bold--" She squeezed her friend close. "We understand each other, um, basically... But no words... Maybe when we get better though? Practice practice practice!"

Twilight started the journey to Ponyville with the others trailing behind her. "About that. I have no resources on 'druid magic', so I can't help you study. How do you plan to 'practice' on your own?"

Rose hissed with an inhale. "Well! First... We have to sleep. I know that sounds silly! But if we dream of the natural song, we're fine. We will dream the songs, hopefully, and practice the spells, and as we get better, new songs will come to us in the dreams. No books required."

Daisy wrinkled her snout. "Now if we don't hear the song... Then we're out of luck, and it's back to normal earth ponies for us."

Lily nudged against Bold, getting thumped right back with a laugh. "Speak for yourselves. Even if I never cast another spell, me and Bold are sticking together."

Soft reached out to pet Bold, but got a stern look. Not everyone was allowed to pet him spontaneously. "That counts, for sure... If it helps, I reach my oracular spells similarly, so... hopefully... your druid ones will work just fine."

Spike shoved his hands against his hips. "Why am I one of the only ones that didn't get super cool magic from Everglow?"

Twilight put a leg around him, drawing him close. "Because you're already an amazing dragon. Don't make us too jealous."

Spike giggled at that. "Well, I'll try... Still! I wouldn't say no to a little magic."

Rose set her hoof on his head as she walked. "A lot of the Everglow visitors didn't get magic. Like Rainbow Dash, and Applejack. Um, Pinkie didn't get any more magic than she already had."

Spike brushed her hoof away. "Hard to use Pinkie as a base for anything, but yeah... that's true. Didn't Maud visit? Pretty sure Pinkie brought that up."

"She did, and didn't get any magic for it." Twilight nodded with rememerence. "But her friend, Tree Hugger. Oh! I can answer your question." Everycreature looked at her. "About the druid magic? Tree Hugger still has her spells, so there's no reason you won't too."

The mares cheered with confirmation that they'd keep their magic. Lily was the first to continue, "So what order is she?"

"Order?" Twilight flipped an ear back. "Ah, like the fire, stone, etc?"

"I am not an et cetera!" Lily pouted at being reduced to that.

"No offense, but that? I only just learned that was a thing... so I don't know. You'd have to ask her yourself. She likes animals, like Fluttershy, but is also called Tree Hugger, so... maybe that? I don't know. Maybe she isn't any of them and is just as clueless as I am. Meeting her might make her day."

She veered closer to the others on their stroll. "Speaking of that... I would love to learn more about druidic magic." She waggled her brows. "An entirely new branch of magic is worth documenting! May I count on your assistance?"

"Pass." Rose waved a hoof left and right.

"Nah." Lily hugged Bold as if that emphasized it.

Daisy wasn't as quick to deny. "Hm. A fire that is needed."

"Hm?" Twilight perked an ear. "Like an oven?"

"Yes, like an oven." Daisy flicked her tail in amusement. "To bring word of druidic magic is a fire that could use setting, but it needs to come with the wisdom behind it, or it's just a fire, spreading and dangerous."

Rose blinked, struck dumb a moment. "Good call."

Lily scowled at Twilight. "As much as I like our resident magic princess, would she pass on the boring parts along with the magic parts?"

Twilight set a hoof over her heart. "Of course! The boring parts are often the best parts." She cantered in a fit of giddiness. "It will be a complete delight to record it all. If it's that dangerous, I'll recommend it for the forbidden wing of the Canterlot Library, but it deserves to be recorded, just in case."

Spike pulled out a scroll. "Who knows, maybe in a thousand years, the world will be saved because some clever pegasus or whatever happens on it. That'd be pretty cool."

Soft squeezed his captured hand. "Tha would be nice, a mark we left to help the future. There's not a lot I can 'write' about being an oracle though... You can't try to become one. You just are one. In my case, because a god said so."

"A good reason." Spike fired a finger gun with his free hand. "It's so good to be back in Equestria." All of them, save Bold, sighed with agreement with that.

There was no home like the one you started in.

Author's Note:

And... fin! That feels like a fin to me. How did I do?! Tell me!

Join the special community of folks who like my stories and/or get your own here at atreon!

Don't want to do an ongoing thing? You could

Join my discord to chat!

Comments ( 9 )

This is a pretty good story and the fact that the Flower trio didn't have to face dangers was a nice change of pace. It still says incomplete by the way.

If that's the 'fin' you still need to mark the story complete.

11266058

11266082
I was giving folks a chance to speak on the ending. Marked.

A nice ending. Now I wonder who is going to be next? I think Sandbar and Yonda would make a cute couple.

Pinkie came back a Level 1 Bard?

So, totally OP game breaking then? :trixieshiftright:

Would be intresting to see Spike take the Path Of Errol.

Full Dragon Alchemist. :moustache:

For the Flowr Pones, their Everglow adventure is currently over, they have the tuning fork?:twilightoops:

11266113
Rose held the chunk of metal that could become a tuning fork.

Thus concludes an adventure without any adventuring! And the poor flower sisters, they only got to faibt once the whole time! Maybe they can learn the sleep spell and use it on themselves while pretending to faint, the next best thing!

was a great story to read :twilightsmile:

11275892
Thank you for taking this walk with me.

Login or register to comment