• Published 1st Jan 2022
  • 397 Views, 9 Comments

Visiting Twilight - StormLuna



After her permanent relocation to Unicornia, Twilight Sparkle lets her parents know that if they want to see her that she will not return to Canterlot, they will have to travel to see her.

  • ...
6
 9
 397

Departure Day

Three days had passed and Velvet had calmed down significantly and had even went on a walk with Moonlight alone, a walk in which they did not fight or argue over anything. That day though was the day that Night Light and Velvet were set to depart so they could get home so Night Light could have a couple days to relax before returning to work.

That morning Velvet was the first to rise and wanted to do something she hadn't been able to do since Twilight was a filly, wake her up. She walked to Twilight's room, headed in and gently shook her. "Twilight sweetie, it is time to get up."

Twilight buried her face in her pillows and groaned, "Ugh, just a few more minutes."

Velvet wanted to encourage her to get up, "Come on Twilight, get up or you won't get any breakfast!"

Twilight grumbled, "Ugh, fine."

This confused Velvet a bit because she was never like that growing up. Even once she had become a full grown mare and she would say that, Twilight would immediately get up. She then figured that it was another part of how Twilight had changed. There didn't seem to be any kind of rush to society in Unicornia so Velvet figured that was likely why she had changed. "Well alright sweetie, just get up whenever you're ready."

As she exited Twilight's bedroom, she noticed that the door to Moonlight's bedroom was still shut most of the way too so she headed downstairs and sat in the living room waiting for the others to get up. She was surprised that Night Light wasn't up though because they both usually rose at the same time. Ten minutes after she got downstairs, Night Light headed down and found his wife sitting there, seemingly alert and ready to start the day.

She saw him and asked, "I wonder how late they sleep in until? It is already 6:30 and they're still asleep."

In the forest it was still dark for the most part while in Canterlot Luna normally already had the sun raised. Night Light suggested, "Sweetie, it is still dark outside. I doubt anypony here gets up before seven or maybe even 7:30."

Ponies being late to rise always had frustrated Velvet, especially when Shining Armor was always such a pain to get up but she could understand why, "True. There doesn't seem to be any rush to their culture and their mindset is likely that they'll wake up when they want to wake up."

They continued to chit chat until 7:30 when Moonlight first headed downstairs. She gave them a smile and asked, "You two have been down here for an hour again haven't you?"

Night Light replied, "Yeah, I guess when a pony has a set sleep pattern, you'll wind up waking up at the same time regardless."

Velvet noticed that Twilight was not with her and asked, "Where is Twilight? She usually comes down with you."

Moonlight replied, "She's in the shower, she is having one of those days where she just has to shower before breakfast instead of after."

Night Light asked, "Does this happen often?"

Moonlight replied, "Actually no. It is usually just a once every couple of months things."

After fifteen minutes of minor chit-chat Twilight came down and said, "Well that feels better." She then turned to Moonlight and asked, "Well mom, what shall we fix for breakfast today since my parents are heading out of town?"

Moonlight suggested, "How about we have blackberry sandwiches and cider."

There was one thing in Unicornia that Velvet didn't find overly tart and that was the blackberries so she enthusiastically agreed, "That sounds great!"

Twilight commented, "Then blackberry sandwiches it shall be."

One thing Twilight's parents noticed was that it seemed like her and Moonlight ate pretty much nothing but fruit sandwiches, which was something that simply didn't happen in Equestria. They did know though that the food available in the forest was limited and what they did eat was by far the most plentiful and figured that it was probably like this for everypony.

Once they got to eating Moonlight asked, "So what time do you two think you'll set out? It is a long walk to Dodge Junction to catch the train."

Night Light and Velvet looked at one another before he replied, "Probably right after breakfast. That way we shouldn't have to sleep anywhere along the way, especially not out in the open."

Twilight commented, "Yeah I can understand that, especially once you get away from the gullies and you don't have any caves to sleep in."

Velvet had a nervous look on her face because the very thoughts of sleeping in a cave were very unappealing to her and despite her husband telling her to stop obsessing over it, she still had her concerns over what doing such a thing could do to their social status.


Once they finished their breakfast, Night Light and Velvet were ready to get going. Once they got up from the table Moonlight and Twilight accompanied them to the door and outside. This moment was hard on the two, especially Velvet since she had finally come to terms with Twilight's decision she had made long ago about where she was going to live. She hugged Twilight and began to cry, "Well sweetie, I guess this is goodbye."

Twilight had a couple tears running down her face as well, "Mom, think of it as more of a see you later. You know the queen doesn't mind if you come to visit as long as you check in with her when you get here."

Moonlight suggested, "Or you two could always talk to Queen Radiant about relocating here. You two are unicorns after all and she said she'd be ok with you relocating here."

Twilight added, "That way you'd be able to visit me whenever you wanted."

Both parents looked at one another before Night Light replied, "We know she said that we could but neither one of us think that Unicornia is really for us."

With the way Twilight worded it, saying that they could come visit her whenever she wanted, Velvet knew that was Twilight's way of saying that she would continue to live with Moonlight Tulip even if they did relocate there. She however did not want to create a scene or make Twilight mad at her again. "Twilight," she commented "we're not like you. We love it in Canterlot and we like the city life while you like the isolation and solitude of Unicornia. Don't worry though, we will come and visit again."

Moonlight replied, "And you're always welcome."

Night Light said, "Thanks." He nudged Velvet and suggested, "Think we should get going so we'll get to Dodge Junction before dark? The days are shorter this time of year."

Velvet agreed, "Yeah, I think we probably should." She turned to Twilight and added, "Well sweetie I'm going to miss you but what matters is that you are happy and you have a second mom who looks out for you just as much as I would."

Twilight embraced her, "This is all I really wanted, for you to accept the fact that I see both you and Moonlight as moms."

Moonlight stepped forward and the three embraced one another. Night Light was watching with a smile on his face, hoping that his wife wouldn't be so down in the dumps over Twilight's closeness with Moonlight. After they broke the embrace, Night Light hugged Twilight, "Well sweet pea, we don't know when we'll get back down here but we're sure we'll probably run into you two when you're out on patrol."

Twilight laughed, "Yeah most likely. The northern part of the forest is kind of our territory."

Velvet nudged Night Light, "Well shall we?"

Night Light replied, "Yeah, we probably should."

As they began to walk northwards Twilight yelled, "Bye mom, bye dad!"

The two turned around and yelled, "Bye Twilight."

Once the two had got out of earshot Moonlight said, "Well Twilight, I'm glad that Velvet finally accepted your situation."

"I am too and I'm glad that it seems like they don't have any issues with coming to visit anymore either." She paused for a moment before adding, "Well mom, my parents really caused us to go through food quickly so what do you say we go out and gather some more."

Moonlight gave her a smile, "Sounds like a plan Twilight, sounds like a plan."

As they headed into a darker part of the forest where they normally collected their food, Twilight couldn't help but be happy. What had started out as a less than pleasant visit from her parents wound up turning out to go much better than she expected. She wasn't sure what the status was between her two moms. She was pretty sure that they weren't friends yet but she did know that during future visits, there would be no arguing and she knew that her biological mother knew she was happy where she was. She knew that Velvet would not be asking her about going back to Equestria.

Comments ( 7 )

awesome story mate keep it up cant wait for the next story:pinkiehappy::twilightsmile:

11103970

Thanks, I'm glad you like it.

11105183
Oh. I forgot that most unicorns can't teleport. Btw, I loved every second of this.

11105202

Thanks, I'm glad you like it....and thanks for the fave. In G1 most of them could "wink" as they called teleportation. Unfortunately for a lot of G4 unicorns, that isn't the case.

So good def can't wait for more if there is

11208071

Hopefully there will be, a lot of it though will depend on my left wrist as to whether I can write a whole lot or not.

Login or register to comment